PDA

View Full Version : Guild Emblem bug

SephyrelLH
December 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
well, after i manage to get the 100k needed for the emblem, i got the one i already had, with transparent background, and resized it, so it would fit the 32x32 scale, after that i tested to see if it was transparent, it still was, when i uploaded it to LH and saw the game....it had white background. I dont recall this happening before, i believe its a bugg

YumeLH
December 15th, 2013, 12:36 PM
This was my problem back in the old US one.
i used a .tga file, it was transparent on photoshop and on the final save on my computer but on the preview it had white background
i thought it was just a display error so i used the guild emblem stone anyway. it turned out exactly the same as the preview.

no matter what edit i tried in photoshop it still had that white background.
I had to pass it to crash and i believe he used gimp to edit it instead.
when he uploaded it, it was successful.

YumeLH
December 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM
accidental double post... please delete x.x

Oxycore
December 15th, 2013, 12:56 PM
You don't get a transparent background in your emblem with a transparent background in your image.

SephyrelLH
December 15th, 2013, 01:44 PM
so wait...its possible to do it whit some programs but with others isnt?....that doesnt make a lot of sence, i mean shouldnt it be able to do it with all?, and is the program fault or LH? either way, if they managed to change it, would be great

Faedt
December 15th, 2013, 04:01 PM
so wait...its possible to do it whit some programs but with others isnt?....that doesnt make a lot of sence, i mean shouldnt it be able to do it with all?, and is the program fault or LH? either way, if they managed to change it, would be great

Most likely user error and not creating/saving the alpha channel for transparency.

KiahInoue
December 15th, 2013, 08:23 PM
This was my problem back in the old US one.
i used a .tga file, it was transparent on photoshop and on the final save on my computer but on the preview it had white background
i thought it was just a display error so i used the guild emblem stone anyway. it turned out exactly the same as the preview.

no matter what edit i tried in photoshop it still had that white background.
I had to pass it to crash and i believe he used gimp to edit it instead.
when he uploaded it, it was successful.

mhhh *waves to yume*
so you toggled transparency using gimp.. but err..
wut file did'chu save it as?

SephyrelLH
December 16th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Most likely user error and not creating/saving the alpha channel for transparency.

i did that i think, the emblem was transparent, i tested it

YumeLH
December 16th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Please explain this in more detail. And if you know how to properly convert a transparent image to a TGA file
with photoshop then please indicate the steps.

It's the only time i've even known about .tga files so I'm not entirely sure of their features.
And if this was attributed to user error, that kind of does not explain my screenshot.
If user failed to save transparency then the background should all just be white.
But you can see that my screenshot is showing a broken image.

Oxycore
December 16th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Just because an image is showing transparency in photoshop doesn't mean it'll actually appear as transparent.

Generally, TGAs save "transparent" areas as white.

You need to actually go ahead and use the alpha channel to mask transparent areas.

SephyrelLH
December 16th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Just because an image is showing transparency in photoshop doesn't mean it'll actually appear as transparent.

Generally, TGAs save "transparent" areas as white.

You need to actually go ahead and use the alpha channel to mask transparent areas.

i used a vary array of programs to see if it was transparent, i did not use photoshop, nor did i edit the emblem, just tried and used it

Oxycore
December 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I'm just using it as an example.

A TGA that appears transparent in an external image viewer will not necessarily appear transparent in game.

JoannaBanana
January 12th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Targa files have to have an alpha channel in order for the transparency to work in game.

Adding an alpha channel to an existing transparent image using Photoshop:

Open your transparent image! To the right, under layers, control + left click the small image (this selects just the image that you'll want visible in game, does not select the transparent background).

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss210/peckish/targa/selectingimage.png

Now that the image has been selected, click the channels tab (located beside layers). You should see the RBG layers. At the bottom click the "create a new layer" icon. A solid black alpha layer should appear. Our image in the work area should now be solid black as well with the outline of our image visible. Fill this area solid white!

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss210/peckish/targa/alphalayer.png

To save your image click: File > Save As

1. Name your file!
2. Format: scroll to find Targa in the list.
3. Under save options, make sure the Alpha Channels option is checked.
4. Click save!

*Note: I usually save the file on the desktop and just drag/drop it into the subagames folder.

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss210/peckish/targa/saving.png

Put the new .tga file into the correct subagames folder and preview in game! Everything should be just as you want.

The file path is: (where ever you installed) > SubaGames > Lucent Heart > data > GUI > GuildDiy

*Note: If you re-open the .tga file you just created in photoshop, the background will be solid white, this is normal and will not appear in game.