PDA

View Full Version : Character deletion time.

SasakuraYuuji
December 15th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I used to do it in old LH and here too, what I'm talking about is creating characters with different signs, leveling them to 25'ish and then keep the character if I liked how the sign fared on it or delete the character if I didn't.

The drawback here is that the character actually takes three days to delete itself, which can be quite hindering when it comes to testing classes/signs like this.

So for the reasons above I'm asking if there's a possibility for the deletion time to be lowered (considerably at that); don't get me wrong though, I don't know how that could be exploited with gift items since I never once tried to switch items from one character to another, so if that's the reason why the three days are actually there I can understand it.

PS: if someone tells me "buy more slots"; I have no possible way to use paypal or any methods requiring a card or a bank account to pay, so I guess that's ruled out.

PS 2: please move if in wrong section, I recently noticed there was a suggestion forum and some people already created threads about this there.

Oxycore
December 15th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Presumably, the 3 day deletion time is there so if someone's account is hacked and has his or her characters deleted, there is a chance to stop the deletion.

SasakuraYuuji
December 15th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Presumably, the 3 day deletion time is there so if someone's account is hacked and has his or her characters deleted, there is a chance to stop the deletion.

If that is the case then there should be an option to disable that completely (assuming the one who disables it doesn't care about the risk of hacking at all).

Oxycore
December 15th, 2013, 11:25 PM
If that is the case then there should be an option to disable that completely (assuming the one who disables it doesn't care about the risk of hacking at all).

If there was an option to disable it completely, wouldn't you think it kind of invalidates its use as an anti-hacker tool?

The hacker could then disable the deletion timer, no?

SasakuraYuuji
December 16th, 2013, 03:02 AM
If there was an option to disable it completely, wouldn't you think it kind of invalidates its use as an anti-hacker tool?

The hacker could then disable the deletion timer, no?

Indeed, I hadn't thought about that, I tend to overlook such simple things too often. Even if it was protected with another password it's worthless since hackers usually use keyloggers and such (assuming the one that got hacked didn't like to use the virtual keyboard or there was some way to know the click pattern to guess the buttons).