PDA

View Full Version : Taking Cupid too seriously is problematic...>.>

MinaMinaMina
December 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Not naming names at this time, but the last two times I've logged into LH I've seen this guy in zone chat just complaining about someone he got matched up with who rejected him, and he's just constantly yelling about how she broke his heart and how anyone who gets paired up should drop her.
From my perspective, the girl just saw cupid as a gameplay mechanism and did it for fun, and the guy here took it waaay too seriously and is acting really rude because of it.

I can kinda understand wanting to date your sm perhaps if you've played with them for a long time and there's compatibility through communication and that kind of junk, but closed beta has only been going on for a few days and this guy is acting like it was true love or something. :<
It just seems creepy and when he calls her out on it in zone chat it seems abusive.

Mnemonicx
December 17th, 2013, 10:11 PM
oooorrrr he was lonely
aaanndd the girl already had someone in mind but didn't get match up with that certain person so auto-reject xD

MinaMinaMina
December 17th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Being lonely isn't pleasant, but that's no excuse for the way that guy acted honestly.
It's not certain at all that a random Cupid match up would have helped in that situation.
If they're lonely they can chat with people in town or something, not put so much heart in the Cupid system.

NotSausage
December 17th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Love drama is interesting part of LH, enjoy them with a bucket of popcorn.

KokoTenno
December 17th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Not the first time this has happened, but...

That's why you have free Cupid Keys w

Superstarstrike
December 17th, 2013, 10:25 PM
This is why you're able to participate in cupid matches multiple times. You can't be certain that you'll stick with that one person.

Then again, I suppose when you read the Lucent Tales on the main page and/or get the idea how this game feels more realistic (zodiac, blood type, the fact there is a cupid system, etc.), you may expect a bit much from the game. Times like these remind me to take it slow and casual, especially when you've never actually experienced it.

AnAngelsSweetKiss
December 17th, 2013, 11:10 PM
I seen this a lot within the few mouths I did play LH it was kinda funny only in the way that sometimes someone was taking it a bit to fur pretty much to the point that I was hoping they where just rolyplaying seeing that it is that type for game but at the same time I do understand seeing that I did meet my BF in a MMO and we've been together for going on 5 years now.So, I do get it's more then possible to have love at 1st site in a MMO just the two people have to both be open to it and perpeared for the problems that might come from a long distance relationship.Yet, I do still feel that people shouldn't come into a mmo especially something like Lucent Heart just because it looks lovey dovey and has a matching system expecting that they are going to find a real life Girlfriend or Boyfriend in it. They really need to not take it so seriously and just let things play out if it's one of those it's meant to be for reals it will happen in not you need to take it as it is and just enjoy you new gaming bubbys company.<3

SpectreGeminiSaga
December 17th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I think its individual, is someone wants take cupid seriously, why not, if he/she finds sm with the same opinion and thel each other what they are expecting from it. Also not all need lot of SMs (speaking about that, it would be nice if there was some item which would allow people to exchange one cupid list slot for friend list slotXD). Me and my other haf were and are happpy as soulmates together and dont need more of them. (in old LH once someone asked us why we dont have other SMs just for nectars because lot of people do this, but we dont need it and also because we play always together and for keeping same lvl we usualy dont go anywhere without each other, all sm buffs and double exp are useful to us).

KatharineLH
December 18th, 2013, 12:04 AM
The guy can just build a bridge and get over it. As far as what he's doing in zone people will just ignore it or try to increase his rage since that's always fun.

Oxycore
December 18th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Not naming names at this time, but the last two times I've logged into LH I've seen this guy in zone chat just complaining about someone he got matched up with who rejected him, and he's just constantly yelling about how she broke his heart and how anyone who gets paired up should drop her.
From my perspective, the girl just saw cupid as a gameplay mechanism and did it for fun, and the guy here took it waaay too seriously and is acting really rude because of it.

I can kinda understand wanting to date your sm perhaps if you've played with them for a long time and there's compatibility through communication and that kind of junk, but closed beta has only been going on for a few days and this guy is acting like it was true love or something. :<
It just seems creepy and when he calls her out on it in zone chat it seems abusive.

Actually, it was just two friends having fun.

Y'all reading too much into things.

KiahInoue
December 20th, 2013, 05:57 AM
well id just say that its really up to how these people who got matched up deal with each other.
we cant really do something about it o-o

Oxycore
December 20th, 2013, 06:09 AM
well id just say that its really up to how these people who got matched up deal with each other.
we cant really do something about it o-o

If she's probably referring to two characters that have SAO names, the two weren't matched up by Cupid.

OP is making a big deal out of nothing at all.

MinaMinaMina
December 21st, 2013, 10:48 PM
Well, at least now I know nobody was actually being harassed and it was just a joke.
I guess I was worried it was real because I've experienced that kind of stuff before where I'd let someone in a game know I didn't want to date them and they turned abusive.
So because of my experience I guess it's a little too easy for me to take things seriously when it comes to that kind of stuff, and harder for me to catch on that they're kidding.

Maitta
December 21st, 2013, 10:53 PM
I hate it when people complain about these things as well but you have to realize some things...
1. It's NEVER going to stop. There are simply different people in the world and it's always going to cause problems.
2. You can turn off Zone chat instead of blowing this thing up...You don't know how many times I've had to turn off certain chats before I myself blew up, and turning it off does wonders. Don't try to always feel like you can fix things...If we could easily fix it, then there would be no complaints.
3. There is always drama in Lucent Heart. Yes, we have the best community in my opinion but at the same time we have the worst drama in the world and these people act like savages.
4. We need better GM's. I know this is unrelated but at the same time it is related...There's only about 4 GM's who have characters in Lucent Heart and I've only seen 1...maybe 2...? This is one of the main problems and it's starting to feel like Aeria Games because Suba Games has SO many games yet so little GM's and that's no way to run a game site unless they love to sit here and take money while people complain about everything.

BizKwik
December 22nd, 2013, 01:39 AM
When things get sour, use this mantra: "Babe, I'm wrong, you right, I'm sorry."
Works about 56.9% --> trust me im an enjineerr
As far as for Cupid, that oversize baby likes to play prank against the adventurer. Use its service with caution ;3

Manifick
December 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
i was that guy.