PDA

View Full Version : NPC Knights are enemies - Melody Valley

RDP9
December 19th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Date & Time bug occurred: ‎December ‎19, ‎2013 - Can be found anytime
Description:
Two NPC knights located at Weak Echo.. in Melody Valley appear as enemies. You can target and try to attack (my character even assume attack position). Log says "Unreasonable target."
Steps on how you can recreate this bug:
Go to Echo Weak... in Melody Valley and check the NPCs around.
Other information:
I suggest to check all NPC of the game to make sure they are not "enemies".
Screenshot(s)/Video(s):
http://i.imgur.com/HeZoWp3.png

Oxycore
December 19th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Not a bug.

RDP9
December 19th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Not a bug.

What would it be then? Posted here since there is no other place to report this. And is something is not supposed to be the way it is.

Since it is something minor (unless these NPC are supposed to give quests at some point) probably won't be focused like others. For reference in the future.

Oxycore
December 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
It's part of the game.

MisakaRinLH
December 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Those NPCs show as red because they can and do attack things, however they only attack monsters and not players. They are present to protect the players from monsters etc that get too close. In LH Japan there are other locations where they exist, including Sacred Forest.

If your character is strong enough, aggro a nearby monster and train it to those NPCs and you'll see them attack the monster. It can be quite funny to watch when a monster stumbles too close and they start fighting each other. The NPC's seem to be set to do very low damage and take almost no damage as well (maybe very high defense or HP recovery), as it will take a long time for them to kill the monster and their HP never drops more than 1% or so.

RDP9
December 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification. I only reached about lvl20 on old LH so this is new to me. :O

Since any other MMORPG don't have NPC set like that (or at least those few that I have played) I thought this was an error.

Jinule
December 27th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Since any other MMORPG don't have NPC set like that (or at least those few that I have played) I thought this was an error.

Actually, in the MMORPG game "9Dragons", almost every town has NPC guards; you and other mobs can attack them and they attack back. It's not only LH that's done this.

Edit: Just noticed my reply was 7 days old to the previous post.