PDA

View Full Version : Possible censor mistake

SephyrelLH
January 11th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Well today when i tried creating the guild, i saw...my guildie saw that it was unavalable due to "bad word" so we found out Fairy was censored.....i have no idea why Fairy is censored....i mean to me it doesnt make any sence, after further information i found out that the following also were:

*****, Body, Gai...and so on....

I believe you should have censorship but not to such extreme for ***** is a scientific word and a part of the human body.

Also i have no idea what Gai is, and since you only censored English words, its even harder to tell....but what shocks me the most is Fairy....wich wasnt censored in CBT, so why now?....it just doesnt make any sence, and its preventing me from creating the guild... would like if possible, the GM point of view

Thats all, thank you for reading this, and im sure im gonna get hate mail for it, but i just want to know

Oxycore
January 11th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Gai is a misspelling of gay.

Fairy is also a synonym of calling someone a homosexual.

I believe they are working on patching the censor soon.

Edricus
January 12th, 2014, 03:33 AM
Well today when i tried creating the guild, i saw...my guildie saw that it was unavalable due to "bad word" so we found out Fairy was censored.....i have no idea why Fairy is censored....i mean to me it doesnt make any sence, after further information i found out that the following also were:

*****, Body, Gai...and so on....

I believe you should have censorship but not to such extreme for ***** is a scientific word and a part of the human body.

Also i have no idea what Gai is, and since you only censored English words, its even harder to tell....but what shocks me the most is Fairy....wich wasnt censored in CBT, so why now?....it just doesnt make any sence, and its preventing me from creating the guild... would like if possible, the GM point of view

Thats all, thank you for reading this, and im sure im gonna get hate mail for it, but i just want to know

We understand your frustration and would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the new swear filter has caused our players. We have removed well over 300 words from the filter including the two reported in this thread. The new filter has been sent to Playcoo to be patched into the game as soon as possible. We should receive a patch soon containing the fix to the filter. This thread will now be closed.