PDA

View Full Version : ~Looking for a RP Guild :3~

JurouKun
February 11th, 2014, 04:04 PM
It doesn't need to be a Heavy Roleplaying Guild, I can go for social Guilds too. I just tend to ask for the RP first just in case.

:1

BlairXtheXWitch
March 30th, 2014, 06:12 PM
What kind ofbrp are you looking for

Pandaxchan
June 7th, 2014, 08:43 AM
.--. Rp guild it sound fun...

Eclo
June 11th, 2014, 04:09 PM
A roleplay guild does actually sound like fun. I hope there is at least one out there somewhere.

YumeLH
June 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I'm... actually lost at how an "RP Guild" rolls...
I'm not an old player, but I don't consider myself new either...
But this is the first time I hear about a roleplaying guild.
Could you give an example? XD merely curious.

Eclo
June 19th, 2014, 04:05 AM
Well, it would be a guild full of people who want to roleplay, so a lot of time would be spent standing around typing as their character. Of course there could be combat and leveling and whatnot, since this is a MMO, but roleplayers would focus a good amount on roleplaying as their character.

For example, my gunner uses a name I have used for a couple of years now, so I already have an established personality for her character. Someone could be standing around who I would know wants to roleplay in this game, so I could walk up to them and type a post as my character (example follows):

Vihl (my character--add me if you want!) bounds up the steps of the Starlight Bridge and begins to run across it, her boots lightly padding on the large stone slabs that comprise the massive bridge. She looks a little weary and her ammunition pouch on her belt looks pretty much empty, but there is still a calm air to how she carries herself further across the bridge. Partway over she spies a familiar figure and adjusts her path to move towards him, slowing to a stop with her rifle hoisting to her shoulder in the process. She offers a slight smile in greeting and examines him with her sharp, bog green eyes for a moment before she speaks up, "Good evening, [player]. How have you been? I haven't seen you in a while, although then again, I have not been spending much time in the city recently."
(I don't know the character limit in a single post in this game so this is probably too much for one post, but that could be fine)

Then they would respond (here's an example):

[Player] is leaning up against the side of the bridge with his back to the wall, one foot brought up under him with its sole to the stone and his staff propped up next to him. He seems to just be enjoying the cool night air; his gaze is slightly cast upward and his arms are crossed, although he occasionally uncrosses them to take a bite from something. He lowers his gaze as he hears footsteps draw closer and stop next to him, and he seems to light up a little at recognizing a familiar face. He assumes a rather broad and warm smile as he looks upon Vihl, his soft blue eyes adding to his calm and cheery demeanor, as opposed to her collected, almost detached demeanor, "Good evening to you too, Vihl! I'm fine, just fine--just taking a break for a little while before I head out of town. It has been a while, hasn't it? How have you been? You look well yourself."

I hope all of this is what you wanted as an example. :)

YumeLH
June 19th, 2014, 08:18 AM
I knew beforehand what roleplay meant but didn't quite figure out how it would apply to a guild. Your example made it clear to me, thanks!

What I can say is, by experience, I haven't done serious roleplay like that (you used words fit for a book).
However, people I meet in LH specially the guild members I'm close to would always be ready to respond if I were to start such a conversation.

And yes, the character limit for the chat would not allow such a long passage. Mostly we stick to phrases like:

System message: Guild member [Hyousuke] logged in!
Yume: *grabs Hyou and hangs him on a tree.*
Hyousuke: Dx waa what did I do? *squirms*
Yume: *evil laughs*
Hyousuke: Q_Q get me down you evil woman
Yume: *branch suddenly breaks*
Hyousuke: aaaah *flops*

Something like that. You would see these kinds of conversations in zone too. I don't know if there's a guild specifically for roleplay but I think it's safe to say that most of the players on LH can readily respond to it.

Another kind of roleplay you would see is players taking 'sons and daughters' and making a family tree within or outside the guild.

Zackhario
June 20th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Another kind of roleplay you would see is players taking 'sons and daughters' and making a family tree within or outside the guild.

A lot of people on the internet are playing House without realising it, it's kinda adorable if you think about it.

Shiono
June 21st, 2014, 07:11 AM
Isn't Lucent Heart a MMORPG? A massively multiplayer online role-playing game?
Doesn't matter if you are in a guild or not, you are roleplaying just by playing the game (o(
It's not like you could actually cast spells and kill monsters in real life, so by choosing a class and playing it with other ppl you are already roleplaying xD

Eclo
June 21st, 2014, 02:14 PM
Isn't Lucent Heart a MMORPG? A massively multiplayer online role-playing game?
Doesn't matter if you are in a guild or not, you are roleplaying just by playing the game (o(
It's not like you could actually cast spells and kill monsters in real life, so by choosing a class and playing it with other ppl you are already roleplaying xD

Yes, but by roleplaying how I demonstrated, people can assume the role of a whole other person, which adds a level of depth and interest in a game that is not present without roleplaying (if it was, then people wouldn't want to roleplay :P). It is a lot of fun, in my opinion, to create a new person and then play as them in a fantasy world; it is a nice break from grinding and other aspects of MMOs and games in general.

Shiono
June 21st, 2014, 05:16 PM
Yes, but by roleplaying how I demonstrated, people can assume the role of a whole other person, which adds a level of depth and interest in a game that is not present without roleplaying (if it was, then people wouldn't want to roleplay :P). It is a lot of fun, in my opinion, to create a new person and then play as them in a fantasy world; it is a nice break from grinding and other aspects of MMOs and games in general.
-bold part- That's what I was trying to say. Your character is a whole new persona, be it the looks, class or even personality, so by playing the game you're already assuming a new persona - roleplaying (in my opinion).
But yeah adding a few more details to your character's story does make the roleplaying more interesting and funnier.
I myself play as a tsundere kitsune http://i.imgur.com/Aordc9m.gif (even if the fox set is not out yet QQ)

Anyway, I think all guilds do roleplay, even if it's just a bit. Not as deep as you may want but it's still there.
Good luck findind what yar looking for http://i.imgur.com/ya5v7hZ.gif