PDA

View Full Version : Getting kill based on last hit

BloodStainedSword
March 8th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Since I've found this "suggestions" sub-forum, I thought: "why not use it?"

As many people complain about the fact that it is too hard to get bosses (me among them) I've thought people who deal the last hit to the boss should get the boss kill (the drop and the epi if the boss gives any). This way the IM would be mainly use for soloing dungeons faster and for pvp, which I believe would be resonable for both sides (paying and non paying players) .

This would solve part of the problem that the item mall causes.

Jamiem93
March 8th, 2014, 05:03 AM

As many people complain about the fact that it is too hard to get bosses (me among them) I've thought people who deal the last hit to the boss should get the boss kill (the drop and the epi if the boss gives any). This way the IM would be mainly use for soloing dungeons faster and for pvp, which I believe would be resonable for both sides (paying and non paying players) .

If someone who gets the last hit gets the kill, everyone will ks at the last second. A boss has always been (from a traditional mmo perspective) a group of people helping each other take down the boss and sharing the rewards. New MMO's like ESO and Guild Wars 2 allow everyone to get a random drop from the boss which has made raiding so much more fun in both games.

I personally think everyone should be given random rewards from the boss and not one single person. The last kill for drop will cause so many problems than it will ever hope to solve. Just my two cents...

BloodStainedSword
March 8th, 2014, 05:30 AM
If someone who gets the last hit gets the kill, everyone will ks at the last second. A boss has always been (from a traditional mmo perspective) a group of people helping each other take down the boss and sharing the rewards. New MMO's like ESO and Guild Wars 2 allow everyone to get a random drop from the boss which has made raiding so much more fun in both games.

I personally think everyone should be given random rewards from the boss and not one single person. The last kill for drop will cause so many problems than it will ever hope to solve. Just my two cents...
Your idea sounds great...
They should make it random, so the drop belongs to 1 of the players that dealt damage above x (where x is a minimum damage for each boss), that way the problem with people KSing at 1% would be solved...

FlamingFarts
March 8th, 2014, 06:05 AM
If the game is not gonna be a P2W, then i would love to keep the same system (Highest dealt damage, gets the drop)

Why ?

This is MMO. It's competition. You are supposed to get a group of friends to help you out with outdmging other people. Your group is going to feed you with buffs, and maybe share some good weapons, or relics.

GW/TGW fights between guilds/Leagues was the most amazing thing and the most exciting aspect of this game in my personal opinion. Trying to protect the person in your guild who needs TGW epi, while killing back other leagues, thats what makes it exciting.

Greedy/Loner people were hunted down, and prevented of getting another TGW/GW loot. If you want to have chance on drop, make a group of good friends, outdmg/kill others over important bosses, share the drop between you. Repeat and rise as the strongest team/guild. And i'm telling you by experience. People who were hunting bosses alone, ended up finding a group to compete... otherwise they had no chance. And this is all about. get..your..group. Synergy!

Now, in case the game is P2W:
I honestly not bothered how this will work... i will probably not be playing :) . .. And probably my friends won't either

RainbowTubeSocks
March 8th, 2014, 06:15 AM
If it isn't broke don't fix it. No need to change this part of the game. Getting bosses became too easy recently because Healers got new 2nd role masteries. The same 3 people can get the same boss over and over if they have no lag. Especially if its on a PvE map. Things like leech/courage/pt boost help no doubt, but it also takes away from the game. We have 4 roles, a guild system, and maps can be enabled to Pk maps for a reason. If majority don't want to fight for their epi/boss drops etc, I'm sure Suba will have boss spawn events! No need to change important game play like this......at least not yet.

Jamiem93
March 8th, 2014, 06:31 AM
If it isn't broke don't fix it. No need to change this part of the game. Getting bosses became too easy recently because Healers got new 2nd role masteries. The same 3 people can get the same boss over and over if they have no lag. Especially if its on a PvE map. Things like leech/courage/pt boost help no doubt, but it also takes away from the game. We have 4 roles, a guild system, and maps can be enabled to Pk maps for a reason. If majority don't want to fight for their epi/boss drops etc, I'm sure Suba will have boss spawn events! No need to change important game play like this......at least not yet.

But it is broken... When these guild systems, classes and roles were introduced; I'm pretty sure they were not introduced with the understanding that down the line, publishers would introduce items and masteries that would completely unbalance the entire system. First nukers were overpowered and then healers were overpowered. If players are given a drop based on a damage percentage and for their support during the battle, then what is the problem? Everyone is happy and the overpowered kids with their credit cards are still going to have the best gear but the free players will also have a chance.

I never purchased a single item during my 9dragon adventure (out of choice) and yes, it was difficult. I didn't have the luxury of 500/800 hp/ve trigrams, 25+ attribute hermit buffs, or +10 attribute deco gear. I speak for lots of players who out of choice don't want to spend money on making them level up in a game easier. Everyone has become accustomed to all the free handouts and the +17 PSH weapons, the +9 refined clothes, the 600 def sets, the 800 def banner, the LD epi's - I can guarantee that when the game is released and players are finding out for the first time again how hard the game can be without all the luxuries will change their mind about the boss drops.

RainbowTubeSocks
March 8th, 2014, 07:01 AM
But it is broken... When these guild systems, classes and roles were introduced; I'm pretty sure they were not introduced with the understanding that down the line, publishers would introduce items and masteries that would completely unbalance the entire system. First nukers were overpowered and then healers were overpowered. If players are given a drop based on a damage percentage and for their support during the battle, then what is the problem? Everyone is happy and the overpowered kids with their credit cards are still going to have the best gear but the free players will also have a chance.

I never purchased a single item during my 9dragon adventure (out of choice) and yes, it was difficult. I didn't have the luxury of 500/800 hp/ve trigrams, 25+ attribute hermit buffs, or +10 attribute deco gear. I speak for lots of players who out of choice don't want to spend money on making them level up in a game easier. Everyone has become accustomed to all the free handouts and the +17 PSH weapons, the +9 refined clothes, the 600 def sets, the 800 def banner, the LD epi's - I can guarantee that when the game is released and players are finding out for the first time again how hard the game can be without all the luxuries will change their mind about the boss drops.

It's broken now because we were force fed things that have no business being on the U.S/EU system servers. It was fine just a few years ago (I sound like that old guy who keeps bringing up Jordan when you say LeBron LOL!). Things like who has the most $ irl won't matter depending on what version of 9D Suba decides to start with. People say anyone who has a lot of $ always "win" in 9D, but I've seen some rich people play and still suck. Unless there's a 10 man league full of rich people pewpewing GC's +17 weaps and refine clothes, a more experienced team oriented group will always beat the rich guys. This is a little off topic but I'll use KG as an analogy.

People say KG destroys 9d, but it doesn't. Substitute 3sec recast for 30sec recast, put a certain amount in a bundle for a certain amount of $, and watch how much of a big difference those small change will make. Long story short, it depends on what version of 9D Suba will give us.

NameLess113
March 8th, 2014, 08:00 AM

Exact scenario of whats gonna happen with this type of system, CONSIDERING the fact that its gonna be PvE enviorment since y`all crybabies want PvE server.

7-8 teams with AT LEAST 1 guy each that needs epi from a boss (lets say YS) and the rest are just for drops.

From all those guys 2-3 MIGHT tank the boss to the verry last 10-20% then stop, someone will take the risk to lose the boss and get it to 5%, then random ppl hit the boss to lower him to 1-2% WHERE most likely everyone will just jump the boss to get the lucky hit (Like in massive gangs pvp, where 20 guys try to kill 1 alone and all of a sudden he gets stun-para lock and gets killed by just one and then all the drama "I KILLED YOU!!!" starts).

Thats not gonna work out. I THINK a better and NOT better in same time solution for all the crybabies that can`t handle would be to make epi giving quests to just TOUCH the boss, like the HD quest, where you have to just touch the Knife, not to kill it in order to complete that step of the quest. and this way everyone gets their epi and who wanna farm the boss loot can do it with no problem.

But just sayin, don`t have to take me on this.

RainbowTubeSocks
March 8th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Thats not gonna work out. I THINK a better and NOT better in same time solution for all the crybabies that can`t handle would be to make epi giving quests to just TOUCH the boss, like the HD quest, where you have to just touch the Knife, not to kill it in order to complete that step of the quest. and this way everyone gets their epi and who wanna farm the boss loot can do it with no problem.

But just sayin, don`t have to take me on this.

Really, REALLY good idea. Hopefully Suba doesn't take "soon" as an answer from the devs. We all know how lazy the 9D devs can be.

BloodStainedSword
March 8th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Like I previously said, nameless, you either cannot read or don't want to which makes your statements void. I already withdrew that idea and voted for jamiem's idea to be applied.

I hope to god that suba won't listen to you guys, since you're obviously trolling and potentially ruining the gameplay experience of people who truly want to play here.
KGs, old content, cs cap, item mall OPness,boss monopole<--- nice troll, you knew what the community hates the most and you tried to troll suba into making that happen. Took me quite a while to notice the troll

RainbowTubeSocks
March 8th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Like I previously said, nameless, you either cannot read or don't want to which makes your statements void. I already withdrew that idea and voted for jamiem's idea to be applied.

I hope to god that suba won't listen to you guys, since you're obviously trolling and potentially ruining the gameplay experience of people who truly want to play here.
KGs, old content, cs cap, item mall OPness,boss monopole<--- nice troll, you knew what the community hates the most and you tried to troll suba into making that happen. Took me quite a while to notice the troll

We're not trolling, we just want whats best for the game. To you this is what it looks like we're saying:

"Don't ever add any new content! Stay at 1st role EC1 lvl cap!!!"

Everyone agrees to new content. No one here is saying no to new content bro we're just trying to see it go in a organized manner. Even if Suba wanted to go full KR they'd still have to wait on the devs.

BloodStainedSword
March 8th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Well, since you're going against balancement ideas, wish old content and are for KGs that's the conclusion I got to: that you're trolling.
And I still believe it, I'm going to leave a PM to the GM,so that he will pay attention to you 3-4 users and you're troll movement.

RainbowTubeSocks
March 8th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Feel free to write the Pope a letter too. Just because a group of players share the same vision and bring up logical arguments to back up their opinions doesn't mean they're "trolling". The fact that you'd pm a GM and tell said GM to "watch" us just because you dislike our view on where the server should go just shows that you're a little immature. If you don't like what we're saying either don't reply to us or just block us.

NameLess113
March 8th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Well, since you're going against balancement ideas, wish old content and are for KGs that's the conclusion I got to: that you're trolling.
And I still believe it, I'm going to leave a PM to the GM,so that he will pay attention to you 3-4 users and you're troll movement.

ME IZ TROLL U bRO!!!

Let me take a wild guess right here about you, don`t even answer me back if I`m wrong or not.

You started to play the game right before Acclaim closed OR shortly after G1 opened. You quit when G1 closed or briefly played after GC opened then quit. You didn`t experienced any of the latest high-end content on any of the servers, yet you asking for w/e you asking, dude pls.

I played on every single server there is to HIGH lvls, but KR and RU, and I mean about servers that worth playing, not EOD or w/e thats called.

I played on Acclaim, I played G1 on hackers era on Yin server and made myself a name towards VN hackers, I`m currently playing on GC Yin server only that recently server lacks community real bad and the thought only to login there makes me sad, I played on P9D R2, R3 I quit briefly after they added banners to IM and 600x rates. I can`t say I know everything in this game, but I know most of it, who say that he knows the game 100% its just trolling, nobody does. I played also on EU server.

BloodStainedSword
March 8th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Logical arguments? That's exactly what you missed in all your posts(all 3 of you).
Of course I dislike your "troll" view, lmao, who likes trolls who want to waste people's time and destroy the gaming experience?

Araan
March 8th, 2014, 08:50 AM

Hmm let's see.

Araan, Kronok, nameless, socks
4 dudes' opinion against 1. Who's trolling?

"Took me quite a while to notice the troll"
You are a retard, that's why.

What "destroying game experience" are you talking about? It's our point of view. We could say the same each time we reply to your totally useless posts.

BloodStainedSword
March 8th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Hmm let's see.

Araan, Kronok, nameless, socks
4 dudes' opinion against 1. Who's trolling?

Well actually you're just 4 guys who want to troll ,yet you act as you're the entire community. It's 4 vs 1 now, because of all you are online, but I've seen in the other threads that besides you 4 nobody demands the same things as you, which makes me believe it's a troll.

fail trolls

BloodStainedSword
March 8th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Enough is enough, reporting you.

Araan
March 8th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Well actually you're just 4 guys who want to troll ,yet you act as you're the entire community. It's 4 vs 1 now, because of all you are online, but I've seen in the other threads that besides you 4 nobody demands the same things as you, which makes me believe it's a troll.

fail trolls
We are actually the entire community and some more people that are not involved in our discussion which means they don't care about it.

Oh boy you're too immature.

Enough is enough, reporting you.

The kid is getting mad!

Aklame
March 8th, 2014, 12:21 PM
If you play9d mongs are this community, then the rest of us might as well remove this forum from our bookmarks and forget all about it ><

Norias22
March 8th, 2014, 05:51 PM
I really want is step by step content update. I am not sure the best way if server start full concept.

Example: Nostalgic, old ACCLAME feeling :)

BloodStainedSword
March 9th, 2014, 01:31 AM
I really want is step by step content update. I am not sure the best way if server start full concept.

Example: Nostalgic, old ACCLAME feeling :)
I agree, but let's have step by step content updates starting where GC is right now .
I'm not against step by step updates, but I just want to start where GC is right now, not get v23 of the game and start everything all over again from there...

NoveltyNous
March 9th, 2014, 05:16 AM
I agree, but let's have step by step content updates starting where GC is right now .
I'm not against step by step updates, but I just want to start where GC is right now, not get v23 of the game and start everything all over again from there...

I hope headquarters decisions will depend on majority of people.

BloodStainedSword
March 9th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I hope headquarters decisions will depend on majority of people.
So do I .

Araan
March 9th, 2014, 12:54 PM

If exp rate will be slightly higher than GC's, why the hell not?

Jedaii
March 9th, 2014, 11:36 PM
The idea of everyone getting something from the boss is good. After all, it took a "team" effort to bring the boss down so all should get a reward.

The idea of just touching the boss to get epi is also good but only for quest-related and dungeon bosses.

Jamie9d
March 11th, 2014, 06:05 AM
The idea of everyone getting something from the boss is good. After all, it took a "team" effort to bring the boss down so all should get a reward.

The idea of just touching the boss to get epi is also good but only for quest-related and dungeon bosses.

Completely avoid 'just hitting the boss once'. It will cause a lot of problems.

CKBeauty
March 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM
I guess sharing the XP from the boss based on the percentage of the damage dealt by each player should clear that up..... so that people that are 6levels or more higher than boss level dont get experience, but the player that is 12 levels below boss, if he makes a total of 2% damage he should be given the 2% of the xp

Loot should be always given to the player with the higher damage dealt, he can share with whoever he wants anyway if they are willing to share