PDA

View Full Version : Best pve class? healer?

Zopto
March 13th, 2014, 05:19 AM
so what is best clan or class for pve?
i was thinking class: healer clan: Brotherhood of Thieves
is it good?

Sercova
March 13th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Honestly it doesn't really matter, they all have their benefits and drawbacks.
Warrior - Fast grinding, easy to level skills. No buffs/heals to help with the grinding so you have to meditate quite often.
Nuker - Great for long range attacking, high damage. Usually pretty low defence.
Healer - Buffs/heals galore, excellent for solo grinding. Limited weapon choices throughout all 6 clans.
Hybrid - A mix of all 3, buffs/heals/long range attacks. Also pretty limited in weapons.

These are just a few positives and negatives. I'm sure more people can add to this list.

Zopto
March 13th, 2014, 05:27 AM
well yea i am looking for solo grinding ... so healer is best i guess and what about clan?

RainbowTubeSocks
March 13th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Warriors are the best in pve. Period.

Sercova
March 13th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Clans don't really make a difference. I'd go with whichever you like the look of.
Wu Tang, League of Beggars, Shaolin, Heavenly Demon all use gloves.
Brotherhood of Thieves use axes.
Sacred Flower use daggers.

CKBeauty
March 13th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Here is the pros and cons about the healers depending their clan

Brotherhood of Thieves
-Main Weapon is Axe which has the highest damage but also the lowest balance, meaning that you hit hard, but you will be getting way more wounds over time
-Nukes are the worse, since they need you to be right next to the opponent to use... not a long range attack

Sacred Flovers
-Main Weapon is Dagger, not really tested them myself... probably someone can help with this info
-Nukes, not really tested them myself, probably someone can help with this info

All other Clans
-Main Weapon is Gloves which has the smallest difference between minimum and maximum damage dealt by weapon, which gives you a steady level of damage dealt
-Nukes are pretty ok, since they have medium to long range

If you looking for a quick way to grind, I have notice that using the main weapon for the clan with the basic attack levels will really make a difference on the speed of the grind, for most cases... i have done the following if you need examples

Brotherhood of Thieves - Main Clan Weapon is Spear, Healer Main Weapon is Axe
Sacred Flower - Main Clan Weapon is Wheels, Healer Main Weapon is Dagger
Heavenly Demon - Main Clan Weapon is Saber, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves

Wutang - Main Clan Weapon is Sword, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves
League of Beggars - Main Clan Weapon is Staff, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves
Shaolin - Main Clan Weapon is Polearm, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves

Hope this helps a bit

NameLess113
March 13th, 2014, 05:36 PM
As long as you enjoy it, is good. Don`t matter what others think.

Crawfield
March 17th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Here is the pros and cons about the healers depending their clan
If you looking for a quick way to grind, I have notice that using the main weapon for the clan with the basic attack levels will really make a difference on the speed of the grind, for most cases... i have done the following if you need examples

Brotherhood of Thieves - Main Clan Weapon is Spear, Healer Main Weapon is Axe
Sacred Flower - Main Clan Weapon is Wheels, Healer Main Weapon is Dagger
Heavenly Demon - Main Clan Weapon is Saber, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves

Wutang - Main Clan Weapon is Sword, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves
League of Beggars - Main Clan Weapon is Staff, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves
Shaolin - Main Clan Weapon is Polearm, Healer Main Weapon is Gloves

Thanks for the info, but why is it that using the Main Weapon is better?

When looking at the active skill list the trainer offers, arent the higher actives ones not better than the basic active for the Main Weapon?

What about the smashes?
Do I not need to level them too?

Thanks for the help

Sercova
March 17th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Basically, if you become a certain role within a clan you are going to get more skills to benefit your role.
Going healer, you will get healer skills, going warrior you will get warrior skills etc etc.
By going a certain role, you are going to get Actives and Smashes for certain weapons but yes, I usually use the active/smash with the highest damage to grind with.

If you want to be a competitionist then feel free to level all your skills to the max cheng but if not, just stick with the skills that do the most damage/give the biggest benefit to your character.

Crawfield
March 17th, 2014, 06:21 AM
This contradicts what Muerto said above.

And this leaves me puzzled. :)

Sercova
March 17th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Example, you go Healer.
You get actives and smashes that are for gloves. The higher you level the better skills you get the more powerful Glove actives/smashes you get.
The basic actives/smashes for other weapons are going to be extremely weak compared with your Glove skills.

Crawfield
March 17th, 2014, 08:17 AM

vs.

The basic actives/smashes for other weapons are going to be extremely weak compared with your Glove skills.

I hope this is more clear now.

EternalSonata
March 17th, 2014, 08:55 AM
What they mean is keep using the main weapon basic skill until you get second role or before.

For examples, use Wu Tang/HD sword instead of gloves or Wheels vs dagger ect because you grind faster due to the higher damage. At higher lvl you will get better healer active skills. See the difference by yourself in game. At Raising Light lvl the beggar healer fist is slower to grind compared to the basic main weapon used by warrior = Staff active skill.

Sercova
March 17th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Honestly, the best thing to do would be to test it out yourself. Find out what works best for your play style. If you feel you grind a lot faster using the main clan weapon with the basic active/smash then go grind with that. If you find you grind faster with the clans second weapon with more advanced actives/smashes then grind with that.

Personally I like to use skills that look good but also so decent damage. I'm not interested in the most efficient way to grind because I like to enjoy the game. But all in all it's down to personal preference.

Norias22
April 4th, 2014, 01:58 PM
This is the open beta day. And i dont know ck hyb or warrior ? Maybe someone help me . :(

NameLess113
April 4th, 2014, 02:09 PM
SF Vagabond.

Norias22
April 4th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Pretty good answer ! Really ? :mad:

Murayuki
April 15th, 2014, 05:17 AM
hi guys

i haven't played 9dragons in a while so i'm not familiar with the newest conent. there seem to be some new skills and stuff, which makes me wonder, is it a good idea to make a melee hybrid, then switch it to ck hyb at higher lvl, and once i get good enough gears - start a nuker?
if so, which clan should i pick for a plan like that? as far as i remember, BoT was decent, but ye, i could use some more ideas :D

and i've heard community here is mostly '****ty', but how's the black to white clans ratio? both in terms of power and, not sure how to call it, helpingness? or niceness? or not-retard-ness? :D

Thanks for help :)

Jamie9d
April 15th, 2014, 06:40 AM
hi guys

i haven't played 9dragons in a while so i'm not familiar with the newest conent. there seem to be some new skills and stuff, which makes me wonder, is it a good idea to make a melee hybrid, then switch it to ck hyb at higher lvl, and once i get good enough gears - start a nuker?
if so, which clan should i pick for a plan like that? as far as i remember, BoT was decent, but ye, i could use some more ideas :D

and i've heard community here is mostly '****ty', but how's the black to white clans ratio? both in terms of power and, not sure how to call it, helpingness? or niceness? or not-retard-ness? :D

Thanks for help :)

If you could tell us when you last played, we can update you with the content that you wouldn't have seen. Warriors are currently doing very well due to the bug which was kind of patched by increasing the attack rating to 15 every dex point so the attack rating is through the roof on warriors and the dodge is great. Any combination of melee and then to ck will work fine. Unfortunately the overflow bug has never been fixed so you will have that to deal with if you go over the damage cap with your ck.

I have a Nuker which is GB7 and I did it by using a warrior and built heavily into dex until RL12 then I switched to a nuker and I've been using him since. The gear isn't that difficult to obtain. I have some EC4 15% crit bracers which were level decreased and refined to +5, a 300 def set refined to +3, 200 ck dmg wb +3, shop boots with 2 7% movement speed orns and a leech hat. The orns are wan dye seal, hp trinket, def trinket, a couple of relics and 2 cloud relics for movement speed.

As for which clan to go with, the choice is really use with only a few variables to consider. Shao has the attack rating increase which affects both phys ar and ck ar, wt has the ve drain, bot has the def buff. HD, LoB and WT have fast animation buff times, I think HD has the fastest.

The BoT has the 50 def buff increase but the recast and animation is incredibly slow - this is deprecated with the clothes refinement.

The HD/WT have a very fast recast and their animation speeds are one of the fastest.

The Shao have the attack rating buff and their recast/animations are also one of the fastest.

Murayuki
April 15th, 2014, 06:50 AM
only warriors got increased atk rating? so melee hybrids still miss a lot?

anyway, what about whites/blacks? i guess i'm gonna try shao (tbh, i've never done shaos RTD quests:D so it might be interesting ) but i dont want to end up playing solo all the time, as everyone else is either black, or selfish weirdo :P

RagingAsura
April 15th, 2014, 07:02 AM
All melees are increased, its not the role that got increased in stats. It's the DEX chi stat that got increased from 4.5AR per dex to 15AR per dex. So anyone can make use of dex if they wish and get the increase in AR.

Murayuki
April 15th, 2014, 07:12 AM
melee hybrid it is!

btw, anyone wanna become my mentor? while i'm still lvl1:P i could use some apprentice weapon :P

Jamie9d
April 15th, 2014, 07:20 AM
only warriors got increased atk rating? so melee hybrids still miss a lot?

anyway, what about whites/blacks? i guess i'm gonna try shao (tbh, i've never done shaos RTD quests:D so it might be interesting ) but i dont want to end up playing solo all the time, as everyone else is either black, or selfish weirdo :P

There are not a lot of players in general and I think there seems to be more black players than white, I could be wrong though. Celestial is a fantastic league so if you join Shao, you will be able to find support within them very easily. Bane and Zhao are the leaders for Celes so you're in safe hands. There are quite a lot of FC black characters but I think the highest is on the white side.

Warriors with the 15 attack rating got a big increase in attack rating. Anything melee based will have the large attack rating increase but that attack rating doesn't affect ck users. If you use melee, your attack rating will be increased and you will see it but you won't notice a difference with ck. I suggest maxing your para/bleed nuke, the self buff which you need clan supplements the all attribute increase buff, your reflect damage buff and your 3 second heal.

Jamie9d
April 15th, 2014, 07:21 AM
melee hybrid it is!

btw, anyone wanna become my mentor? while i'm still lvl1:P i could use some apprentice weapon :P

You won't need an 'apprentice weapon' because of the x6 drop and the x6 exp. You will out level weapons and you will find enough resources from the drop rate to be able to make all the weapons you want.

RagingAsura
April 15th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Murayuki, define what you mean by PVE? do you mean general grinding, dungeon runs? or do you mean winning boss fights? KSing other people for drops etc?

Healers now are quite capable with their extra dmg crit buffs etc, and white side has the daytime mastery damage advantage over black side (less time). Most KSers are probably warriors though, hybrids wont be in it for bosses, but for dungeon runs they are likely more flexible in terms of farming and PVP. Nukers are purely just for PVP and even at that they have lost the edge slightly. For Ksing and PVP it would be warrior.

Good luck with your hybrid if you have chosen it.

Norias22
April 15th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Which class better then ? etc(only pve farm and dungeon, I dont interesting PVP concept too much).

RagingAsura
April 15th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Farm and dungeon solo would be healer or hybrid. For competing for bosses then likely warrior.

Jedaii
April 25th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Wu tang healer for white

Heavenly Demon healer for black

if you intend to use clan main weapon on your healer, then pick a BOT. you can always use the suicide buff along with evade trap at higher levels :D