PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Compilation Thread

Kkid
March 30th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm posting this thread up to get what you think are the most important changes for the success of 9Dragons. These suggestions can be anything, from content changes, rate suggestions, event suggestions (forum & in game), anything!
Once we've gathered a sufficient amount of suggestions, these will be taken to the people that would need to see them the most.

So, get posting!

:)

NameLess113
March 30th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Wipe the DB of this version and ask JWG give you full KR version (yes yes yes, I know I contradict myself, but I don`t see how a 9D server, official one, to get populated but with that kind of content), just do that and nothing else matters and have GMs chat more on forums, even if they say just "Hi!".

Ad Ranking Lists for official release.

Hire a GM with some more than basic knowledge about 9D.

True Fullscreen for 9Dragons.

Large advertising.

9Dragons to Steam.

More payment methods.

PS: I won`t argue here, this and I will try my best to be the one and only post in this thread.

Deco69
March 30th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Make 2nd role easier to obtain. Must of done these quests on 20+ characters by now. On R4 they give you 2nd role after the first bamboo quest, something like that would be ideal.

I agree with Namless on the KR content, we need something new, and this will benefit the game in the long haul.

Low levels are the most boring levels so I think we should be given a CS6 or 12(126 or 132) level weapon with no requirements, unrefined.

Higher combination rates of Banners. The materials arent easy to get, It would be impossible to run Black Monks in the early stages of the game.

Increase level 12 refinement rate.

Dont make 30 day OP decos.

Buying from the item mall should only really be a "shortcut". I havent played on Yin in a while but players like Ranks were unstoppable due to the amount of money he spent, the reason I stopped playing was because he was so overpowered even though we were allies!

FlamingFarts
March 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM
You want this game to succeed?

Here is how

1. 9D players had grind COUNTLESS hours in different versions. Not many are willing to sit and kill 3000x same mob to level up!!
- Increase exp rates. People get bored grinding same character for countless hours to lvl cap. There are 4 roles / 6 clans, and everyone would love to have 2-3 high level characters to switch around for PvP/PvE
- Increase quests exp rewards

2. Many 9D players have quit because they cant compete against big wallets.
- Stop the P2W attribute this game has!! Players from other versions are just coming here to ask "Is this version P2W also?". Doesn't this mean something to you ? Don't even think about selling any form of power in item mall. Knowing 9D Community, they won't even bother creating a character, if you don't change item mall DRASTICALLY.
Example

hi there, i love 9D but i am sick of the pay to win and just major grindfest that is GC 9D.
i was wondering what are the exp / skill rates on here?
also is this version also pay to win? is the cash shop cheaper at all?
what's the server population like?

i would really like to play again... just not going to waste my time with the same old thing though.

I would suggest to limit item mall with below items:

- Premiums (consider it a subscription fee)
- Exp/Skill exp cards
- Drop cards
- Decos with no stats
- Transports (luxury item for faster RTD quests and not only)
- Summoning balls
- Bags for extra space without stats
- Red/Green dragon orbs
- Scales/Tears
- huatuos panacea
- Blood/Spirit Siphon Panacea (hp/ve leech)
- Dragon blood (protect clothes from breaking)
- Ornament Detachment tool
- Iron/Jade separator
- Chakra/mastery purge
- Master/Disciple band title registration/change
- Lion roars
- [NEW] : Weapon skins - if Developers can do it

3. Make sure after every event you do, that you take away whatever items you distributed! No permanent weapons/relics/decos etc that can't be aquired from people who missed the event! JUST DONT

4. Hire a GM who knows the game. You can't find ?? Then Deimos, please play yourself this game to lvl cap. Main reason publishers of this game are failing is because their GMs never played the game.

5. Don't include Blue buff / CC NO-PK buff!
- Make sure people have a reason to fight over bosses!
- Items drop from bosses, make sure they are not so easy to craft. Fighting over bosses is what makes an mmo fun! CHALLENGE is fun. Make people gather a team to fight for the boss! Stealing a boss gives a great pleasure! Losing a boss gives you reason to fight again and come more prepared! This is what keeps the people playing!

6. Balance warriors finally. Force devs to balance clans somehow!!!!
- I'm tired seeing BoT/Shaolin warriors seriously! Either give something more to LoB/HD/WT or take something away from shao/BoT! (SF has nice smash range.. so im not including them :D ). There is no reason at all for someone to play LoB warrior!!

These are few suggestions from my side. I've been playing this game even before acclaim took over, i spent lots of money, grinded many chars to lvl cap many times.. and i think i do have a reason to strongly believe that the above will only do good for the game.

Thank you

EternalSonata
March 30th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Thanks for listening to the players and giving us hope.

- Like players said before, PLEASE NEGOCIATE THE KOREAN VERSION with less bugs, more items and gameplay it has.

- A fair GM who knows the game.

- Weekly events.

- More visual stuff to make our characters even more unique and no P2W items: Blue Dragon Boxes, Overpowered Stats of Lucid decos...

- Only 1 server for now.

- Advertisement when OBT is released and insist on the Korean version you will have(hope so). With that, players from other version will come and play, won't feel like an old version with new publisher reboot.

- (bonus) Give fast casting nukes and new nuke skills for healers of all clan. People who want to play Chi-Kung healers can only choose for now Wu-tang, Heavenly Demon and Beggars because they have fast cast.

Thanks and good luck.

plastic001
March 30th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Convert stats system to the new one.

ITS FROM 2007 HOLY JESUS WHY DON'T WE HAVE IT YET
SKILLS + MASTERY'S + ITEMS SINCE 2007-8ish ARE FOR NEW STATS SYSTEM

Update pre-second role skills

After addition of new stats system

Update maps to new versions, including new mob placements.

New gates + Higher levels per map

Improve experience curve

Getting 0.02% for 100+ levels is not fun. Upping base exp only harms lower levels.

Fix or remove the word censoring

Typing things like "pazz" is stupid, you can't even say "butt" or "click".

Araan
March 30th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Advanced Clans!

Kikokumi
March 30th, 2014, 03:15 PM
i gotta agree with just bout everything that everyone else has said. i have nothing to add... just listen to these guys! lol

Edit: One huge thing though.... really make 2nd role easier to get. the missions of just pointless running around for hours and hours is just needless and boring.

FlamingFarts
March 30th, 2014, 04:54 PM
i gotta agree with just bout everything that everyone else has said. i have nothing to add... just listen to these guys! lol

Edit: One huge thing though.... really make 2nd role easier to get. the missions of just pointless running around for hours and hours is just needless and boring.

That's one way of forcing you to buy couriers pass :)

Just like the low exp .. is another way of forcing you to buy exp cards.

Just like the "highest damage done, gets the drop" forcing you to buy decos with superb stats / trigrams etc, in order to outdmg someone. I like the idea of "highest damage gets drop", because it makes it interesting and challenging. But .. Item mall has taken it too far.. and made it unfair!

Main point is that 9D was build from previous publishers in such a way that you SIMPLY CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT ITEM MALL. This is what suba games is called to change... and it will be interesting to see if they manage to do it.

Araan
March 31st, 2014, 12:35 AM
That's one way of forcing you to buy couriers pass :)

Just like the low exp .. is another way of forcing you to buy exp cards.

Just like the "highest damage done, gets the drop" forcing you to buy decos with superb stats / trigrams etc, in order to outdmg someone. I like the idea of "highest damage gets drop", because it makes it interesting and challenging. But .. Item mall has taken it too far.. and made it unfair!

Main point is that 9D was build from previous publishers in such a way that you SIMPLY CAN'T PLAY WITHOUT ITEM MALL. This is what suba games is called to change... and it will be interesting to see if they manage to do it.

Then how will subagames get income to keep 9D alive if there's nothing significant in item mall? Buying lame ass things like statless decos and statless prem relics and so on won't give them enough money. Maybe next time think befor posting.

AcclaimLame
March 31st, 2014, 02:35 AM
1. XP rate: lots of comments about the necessity of having a high XP rate to keep people interested. i disagree. if you make it too easy for people to reach level cap, then i guarantee those same people will start complaining about how there's nothing more for them to do. the rate can't be too low, but you definitely shouldn't make it so that people can reach IM level in a week which is what was happening when GC had their level up contest a while back.

2. the game currently has very little emphasis on teamwork. even when grinding in a party, it really feels like a solo game with everyone basically doing their own thing. i don't know how to recreate that feeling of cooperation we used to have back in acclaim when we had shared XP parties. the healers and hybrids would go around buffing and healing the nukers and warriors to allow them to kill faster and not have to stop and meditate. it was advantageous to everyone because of the faster kill rate for the entire party. it also provides a selection bias for retaining the folks that learn how to get along with others, communicate well, and know how to play their roles... all good traits that we want in the community. these are the folks who are going to be more likely to be patient and give encouragement and advice to new players, which is crucial for maintaining the longevity of the game. i know people like their leech ornaments and the healer leech buffs, but honestly i think they've negatively impacted the game. if they can't be removed, i'd really like to find some other way to bring back a more cooperative spirit to this game. sorry, i just don't have any other ideas how to do that right now.

3. regarding the item mall, i really don't have an issue with giving people an advantage if they choose to purchase items. i honestly don't understand the mentality that a non-paying player should be on equal footing with someone who wants to pay more. if i show up to a car race in a beat up old yugo, do i have the right to tell the guy in the ferrari that i should have an equal chance to win the race? it's absolutely true that in PvP, certain items are fairly necessary in order to be competitive, but again, i don't view that as unfair. making all item mall purchases tradeable would go a long way towards alleviating the perception of unfairness.

4. on the other hand, when publishers set up certain upgrades or events seemingly with the expressed intent of encouraging certain item mall purchases, it does become fairly obvious to the community and that's very likely to spawn a backlash. if the game has a healthy community, the IM purchases will happen naturally. if you need to create artificial incentives for people to buy items, that's typically not a good thing and any benefit will be short lived at best. in fact, there will more likely be deleterious effects down the road.

RagingAsura
March 31st, 2014, 06:43 AM
1. I dont agree on "weekly" events and i've explained why already - because it eventually introduces EVENT-ONLY players, and "forces" people to play on certain days only, killing off every other day.

2. A ranking list together with a BANNED/Cheaters/Name&Shame list, and people falsely accused can always be removed and honours restored when confirmed/certified. I would like to know who is cheating as to avoid them and their alts.

3. No overpowered decos, I would like to just have normal decos again, that way there will be a diversity on looks, if you apply certain decos with OP stats, forcing people to select the type of look - you will see a bunch of clones running around, everyone will look the same. Boring.

4. No gambling, NO gambling, NO gambing and yeh NO gambling. I am willing to buy anything from item mall from Premium/cavity, to Scales/Tears etc, but dont make me gamble on those stupid boxes just to be "in the game". It's not free to play, its free to "test", and gamble to the top to "play" at the moment with other publishers. If you dont gamble you're just a walking empty shell, there's no competition.

5. Communication from Suba to it's community DAILY, i dont care if you are busy as hell, we are using your services, treat us with decent respect and we will respect you also. i.e Patch notes without notes....thats about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

6. Get to OPEN BETA SOON lol cos i'm tired of playing knowing everything is getting wiped soon.

HealerKi
March 31st, 2014, 08:10 AM
I agree with alot on here its looking very good.

No gamble boxes or OP decos for sure, maybe you can play around with decos and have some decos with a little more spd / def / crit for variation.

I also very much agree with the clan balance issues. This creates a few BIG issues and here's why:

Its very unfair to have weapons that have stronger weapon damage than others because at high level with high refined immortal weapons the difference in weapon damage is magnified to the extent of an extra refine level or 2 which is most unfair.
I know many people who made an immortal 12 wutang warrior before making a shaolin immortal 12 because the damage increase is that great.
This also leads to the issue of terrible buff variation. Because very few will play weaker clans for warrior and be at a disadvantage, it makes it near impossible to find the beggar yy buffs for example. The majority will be shao and BoT.
People who like other clans will be forced to play a clan they dont like in order to compete in damage vs bosses and grind.

Thats my 2 cents

Jedaii
March 31st, 2014, 09:36 AM
Firstly, you started out wrong. If you want to bring the entire EU and NA players (past and present) to this version, then you must give then something they never had before; SAME CONTENT as the official Korean server. Whatever they have, you should get.

Secondly, you must consider what your rates are going to be like:

a) Experience rate- the exp. Curve must be adjusted and should be high from LS0- EC12. Right now even if you do x8 GC’s rate, the leveling rate will drop drastically at level 61. The idea that people will quit if they level up fast is misplaced. This game is about PvP and leveling up is in furtherance of that, a necessary incidence if you will.
b) Skill experience rate- this is a serious problem especially for certain skills. Namely, Warriors frontal smash, Hybrid reflect buff, Nuker VE shield, Healer smashes and traps, and some others. The skill experience rate is ridiculously low, so that even if you made the rate x20, it would still be a pain to level up these skills after they reach cheng 5. No one wants to stand around training buffs.
c) Weapons refinement rates- This is a might mare for all of us. We argue, we cuss, we fight, we rage quit all because of this one element in the game. Weapons refinement rates should be high. Why? Just like decos, you need a weapon for each situation. You weapon for grinding should be different from your weapon for dungeons or PvP. Heck you may even want a weapon specifically for breaking nuker shields. But with such crappy rates, you’ll be lucky to make a decent weapon for grinding.
d) Clothing refinement- I think they only put this to make money. I would really rather not have it here but it’s on the Korean server anyway. SO I would suggest, very high rate up to +8 with no chance to break and you can buy Dragon blood to increase your chances for +9-+10.
e) Assemble and all combine rates- the rates should be the same as for combining Blood Beads of Earth: Normal.

Thirdly, you should have only one server with lower maps PvE and high maps PvP. I don’t like PvP as do most people but it is a PvP game (which will bring me to my next point in the next paragraph). You should implement a level restriction of 12 levels. This will discourage high levels Pk-ing low level players.

Additionally, you must balance melee vs Chi kung (CK) in PvP. The biggest problem is t he lack of Ck def and Ck dodge for melee roles in the low levels. If you bring KR system, then this will nullify the problem since dexterity will give Ck def and dodge.

The item mall shouldn’t be pay-to-win but it shouldn’t be a graveyard of useless junk either. Those who pay must have an advantage over those who doesn’t. If not, then you can simply dispense with the item mall and spam us with advertisement in game and on the forums. Buying non-stat decos in item mall which I can easily get from clan base is ridiculous. All item mall goods should be trade-able, that way non- spenders will be able to buy from other players with in-game gold. There is your balance.

Finally, new content should be tested by players before it is officially launched. This will allow you to get feedback from players, identify and bugs and make any changes that may be necessary. There is a lot more that I could have said but all would be made redundant if you have the full KR content.

N.B. Gm interaction with community is paramount.

Jamie9d
March 31st, 2014, 10:29 AM
I would add more but I'm really only waiting for the staff's guarantee that the developers will at least acknowledge our needs.

HealerKi
March 31st, 2014, 10:41 AM
In my post im not promoting decos having no stat

I'm referring to ao dai or indian decos that give insane amounts of crit damage if you pay alot in item for one and maintain payments for bags.

I feel this should be changed to give less effect so as to reduce the enormous gap between free to play and pay players, like some extra speed, defence or a little crit rate in its place.
And for each deco's design perhaps a different bonus feature for each kind, eg black blue RD scale red white decos if they were included in this version. and maaaybe a hard way to make certain item mall items.

I dont want to deviate too far from how the game should be, KR stat would be great.
As long as the game isnt focused into a capitalistic business with item mall events and huge advantages for paying players.

Thanks

RainbowTubeSocks
March 31st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Get 1 or 2 staff members from within the community who knows 9D. Go full KR, but if you can't go full KR then just go back to 2008/9ish Acclaim 9D. There's no need for messed up mixed content because it only makes 9D look like a stupid game. You can either build on top of that "old" content or you can let us play it until you can get full KR. Once you do both of the above, everything else will fall into place. I promise.

Content and staff are the most pivotal things right now.

BizaRRe123
March 31st, 2014, 12:11 PM
My suggestion its for the community: Stop with suggestions like "decrease the exp" because its pure stupidity

FlamingFarts
March 31st, 2014, 12:28 PM
Then how will subagames get income to keep 9D alive if there's nothing significant in item mall? Buying lame ass things like statless decos and statless prem relics and so on won't give them enough money. Maybe next time think befor posting.

Maybe next time try reading all posts, for example my list with the items i suggested for item mall. Surprise surprise .. there are a lot of things there to keep 9D alive. https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=64233

And about decos with stats... if you really think that are necessary to keep 9D alive, then what can i say to you. You can play alone this version along with the other 20-30 people who are willing to empty their wallets here.

I rather play some other game which are truly F2P and can STAY ALIVE WITHOUT SELLING ITEMS WITH STATS (Can list you a lot actually)

RainbowTubeSocks
March 31st, 2014, 12:43 PM
Maybe next time try reading all posts, for example my list with the items i suggested for item mall. Surprise surprise .. there are a lot of things there to keep 9D alive. https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=64233

And about decos with stats... if you really think that are necessary to keep 9D alive, then what can i say to you. You can play alone this version along with the other 20-30 people who are willing to empty their wallets here.

I rather play some other game which are truly F2P and can STAY ALIVE WITHOUT SELLING ITEMS WITH STATS (Can list you a lot actually)

9D won't be other f2p games. People complain about OP bags/decos etc that destroy the game and their wallets, but they fail to realize those things only exist for their beloved KR version. Don't want the OP items and prices but want the content. I don't see how that's going to work.

I see some great ideas with unrealistic expectations.

BloodStainedSword
March 31st, 2014, 01:33 PM
Wipe the DB of this version and ask JWG give you full KR version (yes yes yes, I know I contradict myself, but I don`t see how a 9D server, official one, to get populated but with that kind of content), just do that and nothing else matters and have GMs chat more on forums, even if they say just "Hi!".

Large advertising.

9Dragons to Steam.

More payment methods.

PS: I won`t argue here, this and I will try my best to be the one and only post in this thread.

Get 1 or 2 staff members from within the community who knows 9D. Go full KR, but if you can't go full KR then just go back to 2008/9ish Acclaim 9D. There's no need for messed up mixed content because it only makes 9D look like a stupid game. You can either build on top of that "old" content or you can let us play it until you can get full KR. Once you do both of the above, everything else will fall into place. I promise.

Content and staff are the most pivotal things right now.
+1 to you guys, finally come to what I said... 9d needs a huge content update, aka going full KR... getting everything top to bottom from the KR version, or at least the most important things: all the new dungeons and dungeon lvs, the new lv cap, all the new systems, all the new items, copy their stat system and their skills system 1:1.

Some truth
the 10% crit dmg relic from GC is 30% crit dmg on the KR server...

So besides what you going said (going full KR & better balance between paying players and f2p players) I suggest: KEEP the 65k dmg cap, it's the best way to balance things pve wise between paying users and non-paying users.

Dewill321s2x6f3
April 1st, 2014, 06:31 AM
Full KR version...

RagingAsura
April 1st, 2014, 06:32 AM

Large advertising.

9Dragons to Steam.

More payment methods.

I like things on this list too.

BizaRRe123
April 1st, 2014, 07:30 AM
i see a nice list over there guys,but do you realize that has past more than 2 weeks and they couldnt fix a lame AR bug right ?

Jedaii
April 1st, 2014, 07:47 AM
Kkid asked us for suggestion to take to the relevant persons. We just have to wait on the feedback. An invitation to treat does not constitute a valid offer and therefore is not capable of acceptance. In others words, inviting us to make suggestions does that mean that they will act on them.

RobincwilcxW6EN
April 1st, 2014, 08:12 AM
Enable items to be dropped as well as trashed, so another can pick it up, which is what happened originally. Also in 2nd Role warriors have far less attributes to add their points to as against other roles.

BloodStainedSword
April 1st, 2014, 08:27 AM
+1 to you guys, finally come to what I said... 9d needs a huge content update, aka going full KR... getting everything top to bottom from the KR version, or at least the most important things: all the new dungeons and dungeon lvs, the new lv cap, all the new systems, all the new items, copy their stat system and their skills system 1:1.

the 10% crit dmg relic from GC is 30% crit dmg on the KR server...

So besides what you going said (going full KR & better balance between paying players and f2p players) I suggest: KEEP the 65k dmg cap, it's the best way to balance things pve wise between paying users and non-paying users.
Actually, I'll take back what I said, 65k dmg cap is not needed if they go full KR, there will be more options to get IM/HG weapons, so we won't be stuck to killing 1 single boss.
Also the materials for banners (tears) drop from mobs near BM entrance, so KSing the minibosses won't be the only option either if they go full KR...

Like Tube said, JUST GO FULL KR, nothing else matters.

Seshoo
April 1st, 2014, 08:37 AM
Actually, I'll take back what I said, 65k dmg cap is not needed if they go full KR, there will be more options to get IM/HG weapons, so we won't be stuck to killing 1 single boss.
Also the materials for banners (tears) drop from mobs near BM entrance, so KSing the minibosses won't be the only option either if they go full KR...

Like Tube said, JUST GO FULL KR, nothing else matters.

+1 on full KR.

Also, that would guarantee your dominance over GC or any up & coming private servers since you would get the new content lot faster since for others publishers it have to be adapted to west version of 9d. Faster new content = competition dominance = $$$. Whole 9D community on all the servers, legit or private, want the same thing - KR version.

Next thing, that GG thing sucks ****. What are going to be you measures against hacking? Stuff like stuns, bleeds and other effects are client based. Masteries are client based too. If you are sawwy enough or can read english well enough to follow tut on certain site you can edit your client files to for example remove all negative effects and have all possible masteries on characters. Now, don't go banning me but this is now common knowledge about 9d. Hackers are a big problem. We need to bull**** like banning VN ip's or whatever but just remove possibility of editing your own client so easy. Long time ago even skill recast rates could be hacked, but I think they fixed that, somehow. So, staff, think about this too. It can all go to hell really fast if there problems ain't solved.

If someone from staff PM's me I'll tell all about it in detail and will be able to direct you to the place where these things are talked about. If you are too lazy to address this I will myself try out things on the client and send proof to you.

Excuse me for my poor english, not native speaker.

Deco69
April 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
Just look at how successful the KR version is. That could be Subagames.

I do beleive that Subagames can't just acquire KR content as easily as we are making out. Lets be realistic and say we probably have to wait a minimum of 3months?

I just want to play a bug free game for now.

FataBabei
April 1st, 2014, 11:15 AM
JUST GO FULL KR, nothing else matters.

BizaRRe123
April 1st, 2014, 11:16 AM

that's you Nix ???o.o

Deco69
April 1st, 2014, 11:21 AM

size matters.

Jamie9d
April 1st, 2014, 11:23 AM
Depending on the contract agreements, Suba may not be able to acquire content from the KR version. Each publisher will only be accessible to certain features that the other versions do not have. I highly doubt we'll ever see KR content, especially considering how much JWG favors the KR version.

Just by asking for "KR content" doesn't even begin to fix the pre-existing problems, it only builds up more bug abused and glitched content. We don't need any new content, not until the bugs have been fixed, the errors have been rectified, the security has been beefed up to prevent a lot of these exploits, and we've got word from the developers that anything will change.

Then we can start looking at new Item Mall models, new exp curves, quests, content, staff, etc...

RagingAsura
April 1st, 2014, 11:48 AM
Until they start checking and preventing players from swapping out local files, then it's pointless to play. Cheaters will always cheat. And i've had enough of playing with cheaters on a decade old game. So they need to change everything to server side or get the client/server to frequently check for client file alterations and not just during launch.

BloodStainedSword
April 1st, 2014, 12:03 PM
Depending on the contract agreements, Suba may not be able to acquire content from the KR version. Each publisher will only be accessible to certain features that the other versions do not have. I highly doubt we'll ever see KR content, especially considering how much JWG favors the KR version.

Just by asking for "KR content" doesn't even begin to fix the pre-existing problems, it only builds up more bug abused and glitched content. We don't need any new content, not until the bugs have been fixed, the errors have been rectified, the security has been beefed up to prevent a lot of these exploits, and we've got word from the developers that anything will change.

Then we can start looking at new Item Mall models, new exp curves, quests, content, staff, etc...
Actually me, and probably the others too, were thinking to start off with the latest KR client/ server files. Not to "update" to the KR version... The majority of bugs are already fixed if we do so. Suba would only have to translate the last bits from the missing dungeons, the bits from the missing quests and the bits from the missing system, is not that much to do... JW would have to give them after: the database that they use, their server files and their client.

However I agree with this:

Depending on the contract agreements, Suba may not be able to acquire content from the KR version.

It's highly unlikely that they'll just give Suba the most updated version...

+1 on full KR.

Also, that would guarantee your dominance over GC or any up & coming private servers since you would get the new content lot faster since for others publishers it have to be adapted to west version of 9d. Faster new content = competition dominance = $$$. Whole 9D community on all the servers, legit or private, want the same thing - KR version.

Next thing, that GG thing sucks ****. What are going to be you measures against hacking? Stuff like stuns, bleeds and other effects are client based. Masteries are client based too. If you are sawwy enough or can read english well enough to follow tut on certain site you can edit your client files to for example remove all negative effects and have all possible masteries on characters. Now, don't go banning me but this is now common knowledge about 9d. Hackers are a big problem. We need to bull**** like banning VN ip's or whatever but just remove possibility of editing your own client so easy. Long time ago even skill recast rates could be hacked, but I think they fixed that, somehow. So, staff, think about this too. It can all go to hell really fast if there problems ain't solved.

If someone from staff PM's me I'll tell all about it in detail and will be able to direct you to the place where these things are talked about. If you are too lazy to address this I will myself try out things on the client and send proof to you.

Excuse me for my poor english, not native speaker.
JW fixed the majority of client based exploits for their version... I know that they removed the mastery file from the client...

BizaRRe123
April 1st, 2014, 12:05 PM

we can say now JWG favors the GC also, compared with this version .....as you see their bugs are fixed way more fast than here

Jamie9d
April 1st, 2014, 12:49 PM
we can say now JWG favors the GC also, compared with this version .....as you see their bugs are fixed way more fast than here

Dependent entirely on what version the developers would let them use. It isn't so much to do with who favors who but rather who is going to generate a higher revenue - that and maybe they couldn't justify the price on acquiring the latest version.

Jamie9d
April 1st, 2014, 12:52 PM
Actually me, and probably the others too, were thinking to start off with the latest KR client/ server files. Not to "update" to the KR version... The majority of bugs are already fixed if we do so. Suba would only have to translate the last bits from the missing dungeons, the bits from the missing quests and the bits from the missing system, is not that much to do... JW would have to give them after: the database that they use, their server files and their client.

You might be able to access the latest patch files but getting them to patch successfully on old client and old server files will not happen. The database will produce many errors and the server will not run on later patches than what most people were able to patch past 180.

There is a lot more to it than just 'translating', you have to decrypt/encrypt the tables from the database, you have reverse engineer the binary releases - you have no access to source code which is going to require a heavy understanding of programming, binary exploitation and reverse engineering back to assembly. You will also need to understand compiling, decompiling, assembly and disassembly. It would also help to have a good understanding of SQL server and of course MSSQL in general.

It's not as easy as you think. Especially when half of the patches simply will not patch into your client or work with your server version. There are couple of servers already, one is relatively new and sort of working. The other one is heavily overrated and uses outdated clients and server files.

I wish you the best of luck with that endeavour, I hope you pull it off.

BizaRRe123
April 1st, 2014, 12:59 PM
size matters.

size doesnt matters if it's playful ;)

RagingAsura
April 1st, 2014, 01:02 PM
You might be able to access the latest patch files but getting them to patch successfully on old client and old server files will not happen. The database will produce many errors and the server will not run on later patches than what most people were able to patch past 180.

There is a lot more to it than just 'translating', you have to decrypt/encrypt the tables from the database, you have reverse engineer the binary releases - you have no access to source code which is going to require a heavy understanding of programming, binary exploitation and reverse engineering back to assembly. You will also need to understand compiling, decompiling, assembly and disassembly. It would also help to have a good understanding of SQL server and of course MSSQL in general.

It's not as easy as you think. Especially when half of the patches simply will not patch into your client or work with your server version. There are couple of servers already, one is relatively new and sort of working. The other one is heavily overrated and uses outdated clients and server files.

I wish you the best of luck with that endeavour, I hope you pull it off.

I think you misunderstood, I think bloodsword was saying that it was HIM and few others who voted for Suba to go full KR, not himself making a private server.

Jamie9d
April 1st, 2014, 01:06 PM
I think you misunderstood, I think bloodsword was saying that it was HIM and few others who voted for Suba to go full KR, not himself making a private server.

I think I badly misunderstood that one. I re-read it after posting that reply and realised the same thing. /fp.

Kikokumi
April 1st, 2014, 09:34 PM
I really think that above all else, what Suba needs to take away from this thread is: They need to be different (in a good way).
we have all played 9D a hundred times... the same old version with the same old crap and the same old item shop.

They need to make their version different and better if they really want any business, or else why would anyone want to start over on a grind extreme game? And Pay a new publisher more money for the same game? (assuming everyone here has already played acclaim, G1, GC...)

RedBeam
April 1st, 2014, 11:40 PM
Updated graphics and animations would be lovely.

Seshoo
April 2nd, 2014, 06:52 AM

It would, wouldn't it? But that's least of our problems. We could push for something like that only when all the other problems are solved.

BloodStainedSword
April 2nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
I think I badly misunderstood that one. I re-read it after posting that reply and realised the same thing. /fp.
I'm not into such things... + that it's illegal...
What I meant was that they have the most things already translated and that they just need to translate a few things as a couple of items, monsters, systems, NPCs... It's not like they have to retranslate everything... They can just start off with the KR client, use the US text db and use the KR server files... It's not as hard as the publishers make it seem...

Jamie9d
April 2nd, 2014, 09:42 AM
I'm not into such things... + that it's illegal...
What I meant was that they have the most things already translated and that they just need to translate a few things as a couple of items, monsters, systems, NPCs... It's not like they have to retranslate everything... They can just start off with the KR client, use the US text db and use the KR server files... It's not as hard as the publishers make it seem...

It's not as hard but it depends on the agreement between the publishers and the developers. The publishers might not even be allowed to use the kr files so it all boils down to what is allowed and what isn't.

Jedaii
April 2nd, 2014, 10:42 AM

hear hear! :P

Araan
April 2nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
hear hear! :P

Your avatar is the ugliest I've had the misfortune to see since acclaim forums.

Ihgyug2
April 2nd, 2014, 01:00 PM
"The part" of LL that we miss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QJ4qOjQs3I.
That weapons from boss are nice...they got skill inside!

Jedaii
April 3rd, 2014, 02:22 PM
Your avatar is the ugliest I've had the misfortune to see since acclaim forums.

That's actually me, and thank you for the compliment :D

Araan
April 3rd, 2014, 02:28 PM
That's actually me, and thank you for the compliment :D

Sorry dude, I meant signature. I don't know why I wrote avatar.

Jedaii
April 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
Sorry dude, I meant signature. I don't know why I wrote avatar.

Oh, I've been called ugly before. I only get mad if I'm having a bad day :D

I made the sig myself. Should I set up a GIF shop? lol

Araan
April 4th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Oh, I've been called ugly before. I only get mad if I'm having a bad day :D

I made the sig myself. Should I set up a GIF shop? lol

If that's really you on the pic you're not an uglyman but your signature is indeed ugly as frack.

Jedaii
April 4th, 2014, 02:09 AM
It is me and what's wrong with my Sig? Sabers FTW!