PDA

View Full Version : Updates

Deimos
April 2nd, 2014, 07:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your commitment, passion and patience for Suba Games' 9Dragons. Please rest assured that your opinions and concerns are heard loud and clear.

We apologize for not being able to attend to all requests immediately. Having said that, we have been taking steps to address issues raised.

I would like to take this opportunity to address matters that many of you have raised:

Discussion With Devs
We've been in continuous discussions with the devs to fix a lot of the closed beta related problems that have been bought up. The key issues that we are focusing on are: 1) Miss/defense bugs & 2) Problems relating to operation of browser based 9Dragons' version.

Start Date for Open Beta
We would like to ensure the bugs indicated above are fully addressed first before we embark on the open beta phase. Based on our conversation with the devs, we should expect solution and hot fixes within a matter of days. Once fixes have been confirmed, we will formally announce Open Beta start date.

Miss Rate Bug
We have received feedback that an improvement has been made as a result of the fix. However, we understand that the issue have yet to be addressed. As such, we would like our community poll on the Hit/Miss Rate that the community would like to see. Please voice your opinion by participating in the poll:

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=64854

Server Rates
We understand that server rates are something that most of you would like confirmation on. Based upon feedback gathered thus far, we will move forward with the following rates once Open Beta starts:

6x XP, 8x Skill, 6x Drop

Please note that we will continue to observe the community feedback and will be open to further adjustments in rates based on feedback by the community.

KR Content
We understand that players are looking forward to KR content. Please note that there is a update plan in place which will allow for introduction of new contents. However, please do not expect that we will have all KR content within 3 months post Open Beta launch.

Cash Shop
We have finalized what will be available in the cash shop. We have done our best to make sure there are no pay-to-win items. As promised, we want Suba Games' 9Dragons to be as balanced as possible for paying and non paying player alike.

Server Location
Our server is currently located in Canada. We are evaluating options for alternative server location.

Events Timing
Events will be based upon UK time.

PvP/PvE Server
We are still looking into what type of server (pvE or PvP) we will have. Right now we are looking at 1 server which will be either PvP or PvE. We don't want to split up our user base and prefer that areas in game to look more lively and active. We will look into having certain higher level areas PvP and lower areas PvE, but any suggestions are welcome.

Hope that clears up a few things. Please let us know what you think and we'll do our best to address any questions or concerns.

BANE13
April 2nd, 2014, 09:02 PM
Please Dont forget Dungeon Bug.
Melee damage on mobs and bosses is wrong.

Jamie9d
April 2nd, 2014, 09:17 PM
There is absolutely no way we could even consider looking at an open beta any time soon. The miss bug and defense bug is only a fraction of the issues that need addressing. There is still a huge amount of potential exploits and vectors for bug abuse, the curve needs discussing and there are multiple bugs in dungeons.

This open beta needs to sit on hold. What we need is a rest server to test specific pieces of content so we have direction and a serious amount of testing on that specific piece of content.

The news is good but the open beta announcement is not.

RainbowTubeSocks
April 2nd, 2014, 09:21 PM
Will we be moving forward with the current "mixed content" style of 9D?

Jamie9d
April 2nd, 2014, 09:28 PM
Can we also see a list of the definitely accepted IM items please? Also, any news or decisions on the grinding aspect being changed with quests offering decent exp so you don't have to grind every level?

Will Gg be removed in the future and when can we find out how long the contract lasts?

plastic001
April 2nd, 2014, 10:05 PM
The news is good but the open beta announcement is not.

Will we be moving forward with the current "mixed content" style of 9D?

y u do dis suba?

At this point it just looks like every other publisher, either you're being promised things or you just want to get the game out asap. Which ever it is, I really hope you consider fixing more than 2 issues before releasing into open beta.

Jamie9d
April 2nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
y u do dis suba?

At this point it just looks like every other publisher, either you're being promised things or you just want to get the game out asap. Which ever it is, I really hope you consider fixing more than 2 issues before releasing into open beta.

Suba are taking our feed back seriously so if the update response doesn't favour open beta then I'm sure they will re think their strategy. At least they are active with us and trying.

We've been promised nothing, these are only potential solutions and suggestions. There is much to discuss and revise before these would go live anyway. What is it you want from the updates that you feel would make the game that much smoother in your opinion?

plastic001
April 2nd, 2014, 10:27 PM
What is it you want from the updates that you feel would make the game that much smoother in your opinion?

These, first of all:
https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=64722&p=657173#post657173

I would also like to see them implement a different anti-cheat instead of GameGuard. GameGuard does a good job at blocking some cheaters, but in the end any one advanced enough will be able to get past any anti-cheat. Basically every alternative will prevent the end-user known cheating tools (Cheat Engine/etc). Only reason I would like to see a different one being used is because of how intrusive GameGuard is, and how many client-sided problems occur when using it compared to competitors.

After those changes, I'd like to see a closed beta wipe where players replay the updated content (including new xp curves, etc) and make sure all the content (quests, mobs, etc) match the appropriate levels. Once all the content up to CS10 has been tested, they should release content UP TO CS10 and leave it as is until further content can be tested and approved on a separate testing server.

This game shares too much mixed content and I feel like everything starting from the beginning should be ironed out, and implemented properly. I couldn't care less about adding higher level maps in the beginning to match other servers 'content'. I would rather see an improved 9Dragons, one that isn't completely borked and P2W.

Jamie9d
April 2nd, 2014, 10:38 PM
These, first of all:
https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=64722&p=657173#post657173

I would also like to see them implement a different anti-cheat instead of GameGuard. GameGuard does a good job at blocking some cheaters, but in the end any one advanced enough will be able to get past any anti-cheat. Basically every alternative will prevent the end-user known cheating tools (Cheat Engine/etc). Only reason I would like to see a different one being used is because of how intrusive GameGuard is, and how many client-sided problems occur when using it compared to competitors.

After those changes, I'd like to see a closed beta wipe where players replay the updated content (including new xp curves, etc) and make sure all the content (quests, mobs, etc) match the appropriate levels. Once all the content up to CS10 has been tested, they should release content UP TO CS10 and leave it as is until further content can be tested and approved on a separate testing server.

This game shares too much mixed content and I feel like everything starting from the beginning should be ironed out, and implemented properly. I couldn't care less about adding higher level maps in the beginning to match other servers 'content'. I would rather see an improved 9Dragons, one that isn't completely borked and P2W.

From a technical point of view, GG implemented with Themida is still considered a decent anti-hack and will defeat the common user with no real programming or reverse engineering knowledge - it isn't unbreakable. The problem is GG has been broken because all modules were reversed and released, including the hooks and API.

GG desperately needs rebuilding with more advanced modules being used because 9d only takes advantage of a select few. Another issue, the server trusts the client so the server never validates the user's input, it simply allows the client to do anything it wants.

As for testing, +1 to a brand new server with a db wipe to test content before it is released on the public open beta server. The content needs thoroughly testing and we can't do that without resources and high rates.

There is a mix between EU and KR content which is a good thing providing the bugs from the content is eradicated. I need to look deeper into the KR changes and any links to the star system would greatly be appreciated.

Araan
April 3rd, 2014, 12:58 AM
- X6 rates with events seems awesome.
- Full KR seems awesome

Please Suba, listen to us. Do NOT make a mixed server content like Play9D R3 or GC nowdays. Please try to go FULL kr. Mixed content is never good.

- Try not to put gambling items in item mall, however everything else is welcome. We understand that you need income to keep the server alive.

- Increase the rate of banners from combine a little.
- Increase +12 rate to 25% at least.
- Try not to implement those lame luminious decos. Everything else is welcome. Even Ao-Dai as it'll most likely be full kr.
- Korean stat system

[b]Promise the community you will never wipe the server after CBT has finally ended.[b]

One thing left which is the most important from every aspects: amount of players.

We need players.

Araan
April 3rd, 2014, 01:02 AM
Please Suba, read my thread in 'reported bugs' section. Fix the scr_base client modification glitches and the buff-stuck glith, etc.

BizaRRe123
April 3rd, 2014, 01:16 AM
Deimos you forgot the starter gift or there wont be any ?

Jamie9d
April 3rd, 2014, 01:31 AM
Deimos you forgot the starter gift or there wont be any ?

One of the staff did mention a gift for taking part in CBT but perhaps that might change after what happened with the CBT package.

RagingAsura
April 3rd, 2014, 06:33 AM
Thanks Deimos for this update, it has answered a lot of my queries. Thanks for listening. And all you guys out there complaining that this will not be full KR, it's kind of unfair to hold this against Suba because no other version out there is full KR except for KR.

Hmm interesting, a Canadian based server/host but events based on UK event, so we can assume this server is to accomodate the european community. I hope there will be GM cover during this time then. Otherwise hackers and cheaters will run rampant when you guys are still asleep and then they will sleep when you guys wake up :D

Can we also see the list of Item Mall stuff that you guys are planning?

RobincwilcxW6EN
April 3rd, 2014, 07:25 AM
In original 9D items could be dropped and picked up by other players or trashed, but now can only be trashed. Also daily quests are carried forward far too long so char has to go back to previous map for a lot of levels to get the xp. With Warriors 2nd role there area lot less skills they can use when they get to lvl 190+.

Vedris
April 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
Please Dont forget Dungeon Bug.
Melee damage on mobs and bosses is wrong.

What he said. Definitely something wrong when an EC chi kung healer can easily hit the CoF boss for 15k+ per nuke, but a melee character of the same level is struggling to even hit for 2k. If that isn't fixed by open beta, definitely going to see very few warriors running around. And the damage bug is also applicable to bosses outside of dungeons - at mid EC I crit Shen Mo for, at most, 800 with my active and 1300 with my smashes. Add that to the defense bug, and I feel more like a wet paper towel than an impenetrable fortress of awesomeness.

At the moment I feel very gimped...which sucks. :(

RainbowTubeSocks
April 3rd, 2014, 11:28 AM
I sound like a broken record, but if we can't go full KR anytime soon, can we PLEASE just get OUR version of 9D back? There is nothing good that'll come out of this mixed content. I've said why on multiple other forums including this one. I don't know what else to do, nor do I know how to slice the cake now. What do you guys want in order to listen to "us" :awsum:.

Please don't mess up. There's no need for a mixed server. Can't anyone who has been in power that isn't named GTiJamie realize how 4ucked up this kind of server is before it's too late? Things like this happened by accident. It's so bad that the private server who started the mixed content trend (and who forced GC to make this kind of move) ended up wiping that server. Suba can't you see that this mixed content style of 9D was made JUST SO THEY CAN MILK PLAYERS?. Why can't anyone see that????

BizaRRe123
April 3rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
One of the staff did mention a gift for taking part in CBT but perhaps that might change after what happened with the CBT package.

yea,removing everything its the solution,great :ehh:

RagingAsura
April 3rd, 2014, 11:37 AM
I sound like a broken record, but if we can't go full KR anytime soon, can we PLEASE just get OUR version of 9D back? There is nothing good that'll come out of this mixed content. I've said why on multiple other forums including this one. I don't know what else to do, nor do I know how to slice the cake now. What do you guys want in order to listen to "us" :awsum:.

Please don't mess up. There's no need for a mixed server. Can't anyone who has been in power that isn't named GTiJamie realize how 4ucked up this kind of server is before it's too late? Things like this happened by accident. It's so bad that the private server who started the mixed content trend (and who forced GC to make this kind of move) ended up wiping that server. Suba can't you see that this mixed content style of 9D was made JUST SO THEY CAN MILK PLAYERS?. Why can't anyone see that????

I too would love to see the old 9d back before clothes refine, before +13 and higher refine, before banners ran rampant. But you know it's too little too late we can do now, they're gonna be using the GC version. Nothing we can do about that.

RainbowTubeSocks
April 3rd, 2014, 12:17 PM
I too would love to see the old 9d back before clothes refine, before +13 and higher refine, before banners ran rampant. But you know it's too little too late we can do now, they're gonna be using the GC version. Nothing we can do about that.

This isn't about new or old 9D. I'm tired of seeing this half-assed server that was designed to milk wallets. All the problems people are bringing up has a solution in OUR version of 9D. Anyone who disagrees doesn't know 9D. I understand the community wants new content but lets be realistic, we won't be getting any of that stuff anytime soon. Is everyone so thirsty for new stuff that they'd rather play this broken crap? Why not play our own style of 9D until we can get a full KR? The patch for our version will be much easier to get, and with Jamie's idea of CBT phase testing with veterans, we'll be able to enjoy the game quicker. We won't have the issue of insane IM items, insane OP gear etc that people are complaining about now.

I've been saying since the first day I got here that Suba needs to make the right decision instead of listening to the majority of the community. Ffs the majority of the community don't even know what they want themselves.

NameLess113
April 3rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
One thing is for sure. People don`t want a P2W game, YET if we get a copy cat version of GC`s that is a P2W content. EVERYTHING leads you to IM there. You guys have no idea how its there, yet y`all argue on it cause you want just same ish as they have. Either scratch the content out of 9D till a certain point back and let use play that old version till full updates can be added (like rts said), either give us the fully updated KR server.

GC-ish server = P2W no matter how much changes they make, and decos like AoDai and other stuffs need to be implemented cause of the 200k dmg cap WHICH w/o those decos will be reachable only by few ck hybs/nukers.

Y`all that disagree have no idea how its there so pls SDFU. (excuse my language)

Deco69
April 3rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
I want the starter gift to be auto 2nd role and some honour students. Seems a reasonable gift.

Deco69
April 3rd, 2014, 12:53 PM
I do want to see AoDai decos though, mainly because I can afford them now.

RainbowTubeSocks
April 3rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
One thing is for sure. People don`t want a P2W game, YET if we get a copy cat version of GC`s that is a P2W content. EVERYTHING leads you to IM there. You guys have no idea how its there, yet y`all argue on it cause you want just same ish as they have. Either scratch the content out of 9D till a certain point back and let use play that old version till full updates can be added (like rts said), either give us the fully updated KR server.

GC-ish server = P2W no matter how much changes they make, and decos like AoDai and other stuffs need to be implemented cause of the 200k dmg cap WHICH w/o those decos will be reachable only by few ck hybs/nukers.

Y`all that disagree have no idea how its there so pls SDFU. (excuse my language)

I've been trying to get these points across for the longest bro. This mixed content leads to nothing good, and if we can't get full KR anytime soon, the only thing to do is go back to our version of 9D without 2nd Tibet. Everything released with and after 2nd Tibet doesn't really cope well without a full KR.

Things like OP decos that cost 100$ won't be a problem because the best deco in the IM could be a 30d deco. Remember those days? There's so many solutions to the problems the community keeps bringing that OUR version of 9D can fix. We can have such an enjoyable game until full KR comes along.

Poootato
April 3rd, 2014, 01:13 PM
I want the starter gift to be auto 2nd role and some honour students. Seems a reasonable gift.
A great idea . For me a perfect gift would be a nice looking deco // hermit or Quilin weapon event // some kinda other usefull event to help us buff our stats for easier grind //for me courrier passes , like 40 -50 for Rtd Quests
Or just make collection event for all above to make players work for items . And this kinda event would be 1 time only id call it " The grand SG Open beta of Nine lands " or something like that .
If we would get a 4th and 5th bag with Hp leech id be rly happy.
They could also put item that gives u 2nd Role ,that way the server would make some proffit . And adding this item wouldnt count as pay2win :)

Deco69
April 3rd, 2014, 01:29 PM
Also I don't know why people think hitting 2k in Cof is a bug. That seems very normal to me, I'm pretty sure before the 2nd role update I was hitting less than that. You're all used to having high end gear.

Deco69
April 3rd, 2014, 01:31 PM
A great idea . For me a perfect gift would be a nice looking deco // hermit or Quilin weapon event // some kinda other usefull event to help us buff our stats for easier grind //for me courrier passes , like 40 -50 for Rtd Quests
Or just make collection event for all above to make players work for items . And this kinda event would be 1 time only id call it " The grand SG Open beta of Nine lands " or something like that .
If we would get a 4th and 5th bag with Hp leech id be rly happy.
They could also put item that gives u 2nd Role ,that way the server would make some proffit . And adding this item wouldnt count as pay2win :)

I would buy 2nd role.

Vedris
April 3rd, 2014, 02:07 PM
Also I don't know why people think hitting 2k in Cof is a bug. That seems very normal to me, I'm pretty sure before the 2nd role update I was hitting less than that. You're all used to having high end gear.

It's not about high end gear. A warrior should be hitting way more than that on the easiest dungeon in the game, unless they decided that warriors should do hardly any damage at all in dungeons. And 2k would be fine, if that was a regular hit on my active attack animation. However, I can reach maybe 1500 on a smash that crits, 400-800 crits on my regular attacks. Those are the numbers I've seen at SM, and even now at FC I'm still seeing the same numbers. I fail to see where it's normal for nukes to do damage appropriate for the player's level, but no matter how high a level melees are, their damage is more or less tickling dungeon mobs and all bosses. None of the versions of 9D I've played mitigated a warrior's damage like that. And, unless that problem's fixed, warriors have no choice but to be carried around like helpless little babies.

Gluco
April 3rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Is it GC's x6? or Acclaim?

Poootato
April 3rd, 2014, 02:54 PM
Is it GC's x6? or Acclaim?
I think its GC
Since there were many discusions regarding the x Exp rates compared to GC version

Araan
April 3rd, 2014, 02:55 PM

This is the second time I say: exactly, man.

FlamingFarts
April 3rd, 2014, 04:31 PM
Can we also see a list of the definitely accepted IM items please? Also, any news or decisions on the grinding aspect being changed with quests offering decent exp so you don't have to grind every level?

Will Gg be removed in the future and when can we find out how long the contract lasts?

This ^^

Can we get a list of items accepted in item mall please Deimos.

Deco69
April 3rd, 2014, 06:47 PM
There also needs to be 0% chance of obtaining any sort of KG, Players just don't die. No die = No fun.

RainbowTubeSocks
April 3rd, 2014, 07:03 PM
There also needs to be 0% chance of obtaining any sort of KG, Players just don't die. No die = No fun.

I wouldn't go that far. They can just choose a different recast time.

NameLess113
April 4th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't go that far. They can just choose a different recast time.

They already have 60sec rc on KGs.

Araan
April 4th, 2014, 01:09 AM
I want KG with 3 sec recast please!

Jedaii
April 4th, 2014, 07:12 AM
The rates seems nice for an official version. No complaints there.

What about the exp. curve though?

I agree with dispensing with the post-G1 updates, if we cannot get he KR system.

I sincerely hope that they did not misconstrue our requests for KR content. We already know that it is somewhat difficult to get an up-to-date server like the original. However, I must contend that the VN publishers were able to do that!

Anyways, KR content means, their stat systems and items unmodified. So in essence the only thing that you guys will have to do is translate :D

This game will be P2W if it's just a copy of GC, regardless of what is in the item mall. Have you tried the cloth refinement? Yes? case closed. :D

BANE13
April 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM
I could never get +4 clothes... everytime it failed.. thats a raw try.. no supplements.

RainbowTubeSocks
April 4th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I agree with dispensing with the post-G1 updates, if we cannot get he KR system.

I sincerely hope that they did not misconstrue our requests for KR content. We already know that it is somewhat difficult to get an up-to-date server like the original. However, I must contend that the VN publishers were able to do that!

Anyways, KR content means, their stat systems and items unmodified. So in essence the only thing that you guys will have to do is translate :D

This game will be P2W if it's just a copy of GC, regardless of what is in the item mall. Have you tried the cloth refinement? Yes? case closed. :D

Dude, I'm starting to feel like they're overlooking this. Here we have nothing but veterans bringing up the exact same point with many different arguments, and Suba has yet to even reply to anyone who brought this kind of topic up. WHY?

Jedaii
April 4th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Dude, I'm starting to feel like they're overlooking this. Here we have nothing but veterans bringing up the exact same point with many different arguments, and Suba has yet to even reply to anyone who brought this kind of topic up. WHY?

Because they removed Dragon boxes?

Jamie9d
April 4th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Because they removed Dragon boxes?

That and all of our conversations and suggestions meant a higher exp rate, better refinement rates, rubbish removed from im that makes it p2w and we'll eventually see kr content. That would have taken GC at least a year to do.

RainbowTubeSocks
April 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
That and all of our conversations and suggestions meant a higher exp rate, better refinement rates, rubbish removed from im that makes it p2w and we'll eventually see kr content. That would have taken GC at least a year to do.

Using GC's current content makes this game P2W no matter what they add in the IM. This mixed server is designed to milk players. GC is still using their U.S skill table........

Jamie9d
April 4th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Using GC's current content makes this game P2W no matter what they add in the IM. This mixed server is designed to milk players. GC is still using their U.S skill table........

Which will all change eventually. Just give them time. They're trying.

Deco69
April 4th, 2014, 01:38 PM
When GC introduce new content they make sure you have to pay for something in order to have it.

NameLess113
April 4th, 2014, 02:03 PM
When GC introduce new content they make sure you have to pay for something in order to have it.

How GC works.

Lets add +13/+14/+15 refine levels, BUT lets not increase +12 refine lvl chance.

Lets add cloth refinement, but twitch the refine rates so one have to spend 2 grands on DBs getting any good.

Lets add OP and usefull items in item mal, gambling items (blue boxes) and put inside those anything that players want to get, but can`t get ingame cause we`ll remove it anyway and let them spend $$$$ (they removed/edited content from patches/events as they pleased so players have in the end go to IM to complete something)

Lets add Clan Lucid decos Assemble, BUT lets have them spend $$$$ so they can make it.

Lets add SUPER DOOPER OP Deco in IM, permanent one for 100$ each just cause we want to.

One huge reason why we dislike GC-ish content is cause of the so much missing content which they edited on their own needs to make as much money as possible.

FuriaAlba
April 4th, 2014, 03:59 PM
GC does not want money, it's all lies, they made just 50.000$ of noble decos? :awsum:

QnphongvanDj2li
April 7th, 2014, 07:58 AM
have prob with drop rate. I reach SM 10 and have to use FD bracers bc I havent earned a SM one till now. Mobs drop thousands axes, wheels and spears but bracers, not at all.

Araan
April 7th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Which will all change eventually. Just give them time. They're trying.
Apparently the work they've put in is not enough. They are not trying hard enough.

GC does not want money, it's all lies, they made just 50.000$ of noble decos? :awsum:
I lol'd.