PDA

View Full Version : Browser Versions Not Working (Resolved)

Deimos
April 4th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Currently Browser versions are not working, we are looking into the issue and will let you know as soon as we get it up and running again. In the meantime please use the client version to get into the same. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edit: Browser versions are now working as intended.

Shuji1994
April 4th, 2014, 03:34 PM
What about my GG error 114? I even turned off my AV/firewall just to check that. I can't use both versions of 9D, after all.

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 10th, 2014, 04:30 PM
browser version isnt working for me

Deimos
April 11th, 2014, 07:53 AM
browser version isnt working for me

Which browser are you using?

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 08:07 AM
When people reply with "Browser not working" you should add some additional information to make the help responses much more accurate:

Which browser are you using?
Which plug-ins do you have installed?
Did you install the required plugin and does it show up in your browser's plug-in?
Which version of Windows/MacOS/Linux are you using?
Have you updated your browser?
What does the error look like(is there a written error, a graphical error, is the page white,etc...)?
What current steps have you taken to try to troubleshoot the problem (different computer, different browser, cleared cookies/temporary internet files, un-installed plug-in, reinstalled plug-in, disabled anti-virus/firewall, checked for any conflicting plug-ins/processes/applications running)?

These would greatly help when asking for help troubleshooting the errors. Each attempt to execute the plugin creates a timestamped error log file which can be found under %appdata%, the file is really useful when trying to diagnose the problem. My error log seems to show that one of the files is unable to pull information from another file which is causing a violation preventing the plugin from executing properly:

13:02:28 JWPCURLDownload.cpp (279) : Error from url:http://patch.subagames.com/9Dragons/data1/mi_login_00.tga.7z cURL(6), http_code(0), download size:0/0
13:02:33 JWPInterface.cpp (433) : Release SDK Interface!
13:02:33 JWPInterface.cpp (66) : End FrameMove Thread
13:02:48 JWPlugin.cpp (200) : onWindowDetached Plugin!
13:02:48 JWPlugin.cpp (237) : Plugin Closed!

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 10:54 AM
im using firefox i got java plug ins and joon won plug in too i use windows 7 the browser is updated and when i try to enter the game through browser i just see the vagabond character and nothing else i havent really tried to use other browser because i never had any kind of problem with firefox

EDIT: i tried using IE too but still nothing i download+istall the plug in and i cant play the game

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 01:51 PM
im using firefox i got java plug ins and joon won plug in too i use windows 7 the browser is updated and when i try to enter the game through browser i just see the vagabond character and nothing else i havent really tried to use other browser because i never had any kind of problem with firefox

EDIT: i tried using IE too but still nothing i download+istall the plug in and i cant play the game

On the start menu, type %appdata% into the search bar and click roaming. Find the JWplugin folder and inside that folder open the plugin filder, inside that folder open the data folder. Inside the data folder is a folder called logs, open the logs folder and find the log file with the latest date which will most likely be the top one. Double click that file, copy everything (ctrl c and ctrl a) and upload the copied text to pastebin.com

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 02:24 PM
the log file is empty

Deimos
April 11th, 2014, 02:59 PM
First of make sure you have the latest version of Firefox Installed. If you do try going into the JWPlugin/Apps folder and deleting the NineDragons_UK folder. Once you open firefox it should start a fresh download of the browser client. If none of this works you might want to consider running it from Chrome.

RainbowTubeSocks
April 11th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I'll go off-topic to add that Chrome is by far better than Firefox. By far.

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 03:09 PM
the log file is empty

If the log file is empty, the plugin might not have executed. In Firefox, click the orange arrow in the top-left corner and click "Add-ons" and on the Add-ons tab, make sure the JWPlugin is installed and active. If you have any other Add-ons activated, try disabling them to see if they are conflicting with the JWPlugin.

I ran into a couple of issues myself when trying to launch the browser version with Firefox. I only saw the Vagabond and there was no add-ons executing. I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 03:16 PM
If the log file is empty, the plugin might not have executed. In Firefox, click the orange arrow in the top-left corner and click "Add-ons" and on the Add-ons tab, make sure the JWPlugin is installed and active. If you have any other Add-ons activated, try disabling them to see if they are conflicting with the JWPlugin.

I ran into a couple of issues myself when trying to launch the browser version with Firefox. I only saw the Vagabond and there was no add-ons executing. I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with.

i disabled the other plug ins but still nothing
i have exatcly the same problem as you

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
i disabled the other plug ins but still nothing
i have exatcly the same problem as you

I checked my Task Manager and there is only a single process for Firefox, there usually should be two as Firefox isolates plugins in their own process as a security precaution. I don't think the plugin is working for Firefox.

I also checked my addons:about-memory and when I had the browser version open, there was no extra memory or anything being used.

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 03:21 PM
ok but i have the same problem with IE too what i can do now?

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
ok but i have the same problem with IE too what i can do now?

I'm going to carrying on trying different methods until I come up with a solution or at least get the plugin to execute. I deleted the nine_dragonUK folder in %appdata% and reinstalled the plugin twice. I tried deleting the cookies, cache and temporary data associated with the plugin and it still didn't run. I ran Firefox in safe mode with only the plugin active and then everything disabled with the memory check and nothing was showing.

I checked the source code to make sure the paths were correct and nothing seemed wrong there. I don't think the browser plugin works on Firefox. I'll check IE next. IE gave me exactly the same issue. Chrome allowed the plugin to load but due to access violation errors which I think is partly to do with files missing from my logs the plugin wouldn't execute.

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 03:29 PM
ok i try to think what else we can do
i tried IE too it dosent work

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 03:48 PM
I'm going to carrying on trying different methods until I come up with a solution or at least get the plugin to execute. I deleted the nine_dragonUK folder in %appdata% and reinstalled the plugin twice. I tried deleting the cookies, cache and temporary data associated with the plugin and it still didn't run. I ran Firefox in safe mode with only the plugin active and then everything disabled with the memory check and nothing was showing.

I checked the source code to make sure the paths were correct and nothing seemed wrong there. I don't think the browser plugin works on Firefox. I'll check IE next. IE gave me exactly the same issue. Chrome allowed the plugin to load but due to access violation errors which I think is partly to do with files missing from my logs the plugin wouldn't execute.

normally the plug in should have worked nornally at any browser right?

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 03:54 PM
normally the plug in should have worked nornally at any browser right?

Not necessarily. Each browser executes plug-ins, add-ons and extensions slightly different, chrome for example executes the plugin within a transient sandbox in the same tab where as Firefox executes any plugin in a separate process in its own sandbox. The browser executes them differently based on the browsers engine, how the engine interprets and executes the plugin and the security precautions the browser takes. I know Firefox was getting rid of allowing external plugins to tighten security but I don't know how far long they got.

The only version I got to execute the plugin was Chrome, both IE and Firefox wouldn't work. I'm going to try Safari and Opera now and I'll let you know.

Safari executes the plugin without a problem but a kernel error displayed which was unable to find a file pointer c meaning the file being opened in this case one of the textures I believe couldn't specify the next byte of data to read or the location received.

Opera works for me. Worth trying.

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Not necessarily. Each browser executes plug-ins, add-ons and extensions slightly different, chrome for example executes the plugin within a transient sandbox in the same tab where as Firefox executes any plugin in a separate process in its own sandbox. The browser executes them differently based on the browsers engine, how the engine interprets and executes the plugin and the security precautions the browser takes. I know Firefox was getting rid of allowing external plugins to tighten security but I don't know how far long they got.

The only version I got to execute the plugin was Chrome, both IE and Firefox wouldn't work. I'm going to try Safari and Opera now and I'll let you know.

Safari executes the plugin without a problem but a kernel error displayed which was unable to find a file pointer c meaning the file being opened in this case one of the textures I believe couldn't specify the next byte of data to read or the location received.

Opera works for me. Worth trying.

thanks i will try and let you know

opera seems to load and then i got x kernell error....

edit: it works now...

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
thanks i will try and let you know

opera seems to load and then i got x kernell error....

edit: it works now...

I think Chrome isn't able to find a file which causes the xkernel error, Firefox and IE cannot load the plugin and Safari has the same issue. Opera works but as a technical stand point, I don't really know why. I guess the engine just lets the plugin work.

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I think Chrome isn't able to find a file which causes the xkernel error, Firefox and IE cannot load the plugin and Safari has the same issue. Opera works but as a technical stand point, I don't really know why. I guess the engine just lets the plugin work.

yea i think is sth that suba games must work on otherwise we all have to use opera (or those who at least got the same issue)

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM
yea i think is sth that suba games must work on otherwise we all have to use opera (or those who at least got the same issue)

Opera is actually a great browser. If you find any more issues, let me know and I'll do my best to fix them. Chrome definitely has an issue with the file location though.

Kitsunemch1ajYB
April 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM
i play on opera now and i noticed that browser version dosent have fullscreen mode

Jamie9d
April 11th, 2014, 04:54 PM
i play on opera now and i noticed that browser version dosent have fullscreen mode

Yeah, the plugin is a set size and I'm sure once they get the bugs on each browser fixed they'll add a fullscreen mode. Ask for fullscreen mode in a suggestion (https://forum.subagames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=253)

Rucket
June 11th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Currently Browser versions are not working, we are looking into the issue and will let you know as soon as we get it up and running again. In the meantime please use the client version to get into the same. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edit: Browser versions are now working as intended.

I am still unable to launch the game in firefox. There is no solution in this topic either. Since you claim this problem is solved, please direct me to the solution. Thank you.
Or does your statement "Browser versions are now working as intended" mean that firefox is not meant to work?