PDA

View Full Version : Few suggestions....

RagingAsura
April 17th, 2014, 06:59 AM
How likely will we get these?

1. ranking list
2. name and shame banned list
3. Our own server name, we are not GC here, lets ditch the TAO server, come up with our own awesome server name

All simple stuff really.

Araan
April 17th, 2014, 05:59 PM
All of these suggestions are so important that I suddenly forgot about the ar bug, the ignorant GM, the low server population, the low ref rate, the lame content, the outsandingly high item mall prices, the bugs from the orevious publishers.

Jamie9d
April 18th, 2014, 06:24 AM
How likely will we get these?

1. ranking list
2. name and shame banned list
3. Our own server name, we are not GC here, lets ditch the TAO server, come up with our own awesome server name

All simple stuff really.

The ranking list probably wont take effect until the open beta phase testing has been refined and a lot of core issues fixed. The website is functional and right now that isn't a huge priority in my opinion. It is a small update but it does take a little bit of time to configure the database because a query would have to be created that returns results from the table within the database. It would take a little while to write the procedures for the database and write the server script for the information to be returned and output to the website.

A name and shame banned list is most likely not going to happen because publicly humiliating people isn't a good thing. I highly doubt this would ever happen and I haven't seen anything similar in any game Suba publishes.

The server name should be made into an event and the best name is voted and the winner receives a prize of some description. This could open up a few possible event suggestions and once the Easter event has ended, I'll forward this as a suggestion if that's okay with you?

All of these suggestions are so important that I suddenly forgot about the ar bug, the ignorant GM, the low server population, the low ref rate, the lame content, the outsandingly high item mall prices, the bugs from the orevious publishers.

It's quite a hypocritical thing to call someone ignorant when you have no idea just how much work has to go into the preparation of a single patch. It isn't a one step click and update, it takes a lot of time, resources and testing to make sure the patch is working smoothly and can be updated to everyone's client. The staff are not ignorant and they are not blind to our needs and I'm sure if they could hire their own programmers to reprogram this game, they would.

They have to coordinate patches to fit their time frames and the developers time frames as the company and the developers are in different time zones so the times conflict heavily. Again, a lot of preparation and discussion goes into this before anything can happen.

The low server population is not Suba's fault, the lack of players is largely to do with the game being incredibly bold and hasn't really been updated much in the last few years. Most people won't play a game that takes a long time to level and you are constantly facing bugs. This will improve over time and so will the population. There is a fair amount of players that would give 9dragons ago from the Steam Greenlight page alone. Martial Art MMO's are incredibly popular so the market is there and this was one of the first of its kind. There is room for potential and room for improvement and overtime, we will see that improvement.

The refinement rate is being looked into and we will get that improved but again that is going to take internal testing, community feedback and a lot of testing to make it as close to perfect as possible. I agree the refinement isn't great but it could be a lot worse... We could be without scales and tears and the drop rates could be much lower so accumulating BE would be even harder.

The content isn't great but again that will be improved over time. This is the first publisher that generally seems to care and I think that will show in the upcoming months. We're map limited and we're certainly not as nearly updated as Games Campus but they been publishing 9dragons since 2010. Suba have been publishing 9dragons for a month maybe a bit more... The time frames are colossal so you cannot expect them to have the latest content just yet.

I don't personally think the item mall prices are 'outstandingly' high. A few of the prices such as the tears, scales, orbs, 90 day premium, eternity deco and some of the resources could be tweaked but the prices are reasonable.

There are bugs in every game, in every application, in practically anything that requires a computer programming language to execute. There isn't a single game that isn't without bugs. Unfortunately, our developers seem to be lacking in programming knowledge or just the will to fix anything. I don't know how many will be fixed but I'm sure Suba will do their best to get as much fixed as possible.

These are negatives that have already been discussed time and time again. We understand the situations, we understand the frustration and everyone is trying their hardest to put those issues right. Highlighting them constantly isn't going to get them solved any faster. Your opinion is welcomed but when you keep posting the same thing, you are only forcing that opinion on everyone. Respect things take time and eventually, things will improve.

Patience, understanding and respect doesn't cost you anything.

Araan
April 18th, 2014, 06:51 AM
The ranking list probably wont take effect until the open beta phase testing has been refined and a lot of core issues fixed. The website is functional and right now that isn't a huge priority in my opinion. It is a small update but it does take a little bit of time to configure the database because a query would have to be created that returns results from the table within the database. It would take a little while to write the procedures for the database and write the server script for the information to be returned and output to the website.

A name and shame banned list is most likely not going to happen because publicly humiliating people isn't a good thing. I highly doubt this would ever happen and I haven't seen anything similar in any game Suba publishes.

The server name should be made into an event and the best name is voted and the winner receives a prize of some description. This could open up a few possible event suggestions and once the Easter event has ended, I'll forward this as a suggestion if that's okay with you?

It's quite a hypocritical thing to call someone ignorant when you have no idea just how much work has to go into the preparation of a single patch. It isn't a one step click and update, it takes a lot of time, resources and testing to make sure the patch is working smoothly and can be updated to everyone's client. The staff are not ignorant and they are not blind to our needs and I'm sure if they could hire their own programmers to reprogram this game, they would.

They have to coordinate patches to fit their time frames and the developers time frames as the company and the developers are in different time zones so the times conflict heavily. Again, a lot of preparation and discussion goes into this before anything can happen.

The low server population is not Suba's fault, the lack of players is largely to do with the game being incredibly bold and hasn't really been updated much in the last few years. Most people won't play a game that takes a long time to level and you are constantly facing bugs. This will improve over time and so will the population. There is a fair amount of players that would give 9dragons ago from the Steam Greenlight page alone. Martial Art MMO's are incredibly popular so the market is there and this was one of the first of its kind. There is room for potential and room for improvement and overtime, we will see that improvement.

The refinement rate is being looked into and we will get that improved but again that is going to take internal testing, community feedback and a lot of testing to make it as close to perfect as possible. I agree the refinement isn't great but it could be a lot worse... We could be without scales and tears and the drop rates could be much lower so accumulating BE would be even harder.

The content isn't great but again that will be improved over time. This is the first publisher that generally seems to care and I think that will show in the upcoming months. We're map limited and we're certainly not as nearly updated as Games Campus but they been publishing 9dragons since 2010. Suba have been publishing 9dragons for a month maybe a bit more... The time frames are colossal so you cannot expect them to have the latest content just yet.

I don't personally think the item mall prices are 'outstandingly' high. A few of the prices such as the tears, scales, orbs, 90 day premium, eternity deco and some of the resources could be tweaked but the prices are reasonable.

There are bugs in every game, in every application, in practically anything that requires a computer programming language to execute. There isn't a single game that isn't without bugs. Unfortunately, our developers seem to be lacking in programming knowledge or just the will to fix anything. I don't know how many will be fixed but I'm sure Suba will do their best to get as much fixed as possible.

These are negatives that have already been discussed time and time again. We understand the situations, we understand the frustration and everyone is trying their hardest to put those issues right. Highlighting them constantly isn't going to get them solved any faster. Your opinion is welcomed but when you keep posting the same thing, you are only forcing that opinion on everyone. Respect things take time and eventually, things will improve.

Patience, understanding and respect doesn't cost you anything.

1. Full KR content with HI12 cap
2. Increase rates RAPIDLY which means increase it to at least x10 (exp, drop, skill) GC base. ---> from DB3 level decrease rates to x3 - x4 (mobs) GC rate and force players to use the item mall. (exp cards, cloth refining, weapon refining, etc).
3. 2 or 3 GMs who know about the game itself.
4. Even though a lot of people have disliked this game on steam so far this could make a progress if we showed players real gameplay (from full KR content) which is all about PVP and which is well edited. (not windows 7 movie makers, lol)
5. Advertising?

That's what I think would solve the biggest problems, though.

And I firmly believe item mall should always be a part of this game, there should also be SOME p2w items as well. That's how 9D works.