PDA

View Full Version : Compensation for buged drop ?

Poootato
April 18th, 2014, 05:01 PM
So during exp event the drop is buged which means any new player is stucked with low lvl weapon .
We are not even able to buy NPC weapons so please give us GB - FC Hermit weapons as compensation ?
Doesn't that sound fair ?
No level requirement ofcourse
Please think about this or this wont end well i can tell u that

Jamie9d
April 18th, 2014, 09:20 PM
No, it doesn't sound fair. The drops you would have been given from mobs wouldn't have been GB-FC Hermit weapons to begin with, unless you're killing mini bosses or running dungeons. I agree that everyone should be compensated for the event and I'll speak to the staff to determine what the compensation could be.

I do have an idea how to balance out the lack of drops for compensation.

Poootato
April 19th, 2014, 01:09 AM
I do have an idea how to balance out the lack of drops for compensation.

And what is your idea ?

Jamie9d
April 19th, 2014, 01:17 AM
And what is your idea ?

It was only increasing the skill and drop to x14 and giving a random server buff throughout the event.

Poootato
April 19th, 2014, 01:26 AM
It was only increasing the skill and drop to x14 and giving a random server buff throughout the event.

LoL
Jamie did u try creating new character and level up maybe ?
U know how low dmg is ?!
At FD like 1-2 mins to kill 1 mon not to mention the HP drop cause mobs take lot HP since ur kill them this long .
Event is basicly only for healers which have lowest dmg as it is . A FD + grind with OC Gloves sounds fair ?
All this pa1n to grind and we dont deserve a little OP till CS lvl ?
It's not like we will use GB - EC hermit weapons till H1 ...
I and probably some more players r getting sick of this server bugs , i mean they finally give the exp and we cant even enjoy it because drop & skill exp got buged .
Sure giving a buff would help but would it help as if you had a FD weapon at FD level ? No don't think so .

Poootato
April 19th, 2014, 01:34 AM
I decided i won't play during exp event , because i can't lvl up chracter i want - Warrior
I can't play healer either - low heals , low dmg , constant heals and running away .
Server is really empty during exp event , when was last time this happend in 9Dragons ?

Jamie9d
April 19th, 2014, 01:35 AM
LoL
Jamie did u try creating new character and level up maybe ?
U know how low dmg is ?!
At FD like 1-2 mins to kill 1 mon not to mention the HP drop cause mobs take lot HP since ur kill them this long .
Event is basicly only for healers which have lowest dmg as it is . A FD + grind with OC Gloves sounds fair ?
All this pa1n to grind and we dont deserve a little OP till CS lvl ?
It's not like we will use GB - EC hermit weapons till H1 ...
I and probably some more players r getting sick of this server bugs , i mean they finally give the exp and we cant even enjoy it because drop & skill exp got buged .
Sure giving a buff would help but would it help as if you had a FD weapon at FD level ? No don't think so .

I have levelled several characters and I have two capped character so I'm not a stranger to what these stipulations mean. It is a pain to grind without the skill and drop rates but there is nothing that can be done. This event isn't targeted to one specific role and if you physically cannot grind, don't. You're not going to get Hermit weapons - they are extremely overpowered and unnecessary. This game is becoming easier and easier until the point where grinding and gathering gear will be fundamentally useless. You keep asking for these weapons and justifying them with bad excuses.

These issues are frequent and they will take a long time to iron out because there are many of them. I don't see why you should get Hermit weapons just because the drop/skill rates are not right when you have already had the exp event.

It is your choice to attempt to grind a new character or low character knowing these issues. You haven't been told to grind, this is your decision. The rates will be adjusted, there might be a compensation, and there will be many more events in the future. This one didn't go so smoothly and unfortunately a lot of players are affected.

Poootato
April 19th, 2014, 01:37 AM
I have levelled several characters and I have two capped character so I'm not a stranger to what these stipulations mean. It is a pain to grind without the skill and drop rates but there is nothing that can be done. This event isn't targeted to one specific role and if you physically cannot grind, don't. You're not going to get Hermit weapons - they are extremely overpowered and unnecessary. This game is becoming easier and easier until the point where grinding and gathering gear will be fundamentally useless. You keep asking for these weapons and justifying them with bad excuses.

These issues are frequent and they will take a long time to iron out because there are many of them. I don't see why you should get Hermit weapons just because the drop/skill rates are not right when you have already had the exp event.

Fine then , seems we don't look at things at same way .
I will make a poll then and see what others think , im allowed to do that

Jamie9d
April 19th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Fine then , seems we don't look at things at same way .

This is the reason why I don't see it your way:

We have already been given the experience event, players are using that event and levelling up from the event. The only part of the event that is missing is the skill and drop increase. The players have already used their experience event so they can't justify a second event with more experience. They should definitely be given the event for the skill and drop event increase but that is all. There should be some kind of compensation but that will have to be discussed internally among the staff.

Hermit weapons are not a good idea because they don't solve anything, they increase the issues. Look it at from the perspective of the players that have worked hard to farm resources to improve their weapons, make new weapons and increase the damage on their weapons. Because of a single exp event going wrong, why should players be compensated with a weapon that has more damage at base and refinement damage because of a single issue. They shouldn't. The players who worked hard are going to feel cheated and that will cause a lot of tension.

From the second perspective, farming. The only way of making this fair so every player is rewarded with a weapon compatible to their level is to release a collection event to farm resources to make those weapons. This is a big issue with farming and every single player at some point is going to farm so refinement, assemble and dissemble, weapon collections, they become deprecated. There are not enough honest players who care about this game and the community to make a weapon collection event a sensible solution.

The third perspective, time and development. To implement the Hermit weapons would require taking more time which is being used to fix the current issues to implement a patch for the weapons or the npc for the weapon resources. I don't think the developers would happily hand out that sort of patch with the reason "The event didn't work so we need to compensate players". Resources are being allocated to fix bugs, get the new maps ready, organise events, etc... If time is taken from one prioritized update to a less and in my opinion ridiculous patch then it will be a waste of time and effort.

These are my opinions as to why Hermit weapons as compensation do not work. I think I'm fair but I don't believe after one small technical issue, you should be compensated with a dangerously overpowered weapon. Any real collection event just turns into a mass farm so most collection events are again just killed by greed and selfishness.

Poootato
April 19th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Well i always tell that what its on my mind . Im not that kinda person that would stay quiet and wouldn't speak up .
Its just my opinion

It's not like im insulting any1 or anything . I just want that something fair is done about all the problems this server had

If i was wrong i don't mind . We humans make mistakes , nobody is perfect (:

Jamie9d
April 19th, 2014, 01:59 AM
Well i always tell that what its on my mind . Im not that kinda person that would stay quiet and wouldn't speak up .
Its just my opinion

It's not like im insulting any1 or anything . I just want that something fair is done about all the problems this server had

If i was wrong i don't mind . We humans make mistakes , nobody is perfect (:

You're not making any mistakes or insulting anyone. I just feel that implementing a Hermit weapon based on one event mishap would be extremely unfair on those who have worked hard for their gear only to be cheated by players with Hermit weapons. I'm trying to look at this idea from everyone's perspective and from what I can tell (in my opinion) the positives are outweighed by the negatives.

It's good to speak up and you should always feel like you're welcome to have an opinion. There is no such dictatorship here, everything is democratic.

Poootato
April 19th, 2014, 02:11 AM
You're not making any mistakes or insulting anyone. I just feel that implementing a Hermit weapon based on one event mishap would be extremely unfair on those who have worked hard for their gear only to be cheated by players with Hermit weapons. I'm trying to look at this idea from everyone's perspective and from what I can tell (in my opinion) the positives are outweighed by the negatives.

It's good to speak up and you should always feel like you're welcome to have an opinion. There is no such dictatorship here, everything is democratic.

You are right yes , i didn't look at this much from high lvl players perspective.