PDA

View Full Version : Introducing [GM]Cidopuck!

Deimos
May 14th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone I would like to introduce you to the new 9 Dragons Game Master [GM]Cidopuck! He will be working alongside myself in making sure 9D is running smoothly. This will include running events and talking with the devs to get bugs resolved. You will soon be seeing him in game so lets give him a nice warm welcome!

plastic001
May 14th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Welcome!

So there's 3 GMs now?

Deimos
Jester
Cidopuck

Jamie9d
May 14th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the community, Cidopuck. Jester hasn't really been about so I wouldn't exactly count him as a GM, two at the maximum.

EternalSonata
May 14th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Yo Cidopuck!

Will he be fulltime or he is already busy elswhere ? Anyway, as long as he is active it's ok.

Dsda4rc1eP8584D
May 14th, 2014, 03:07 PM
lemme guess, another EU-time server GM with America timezone working hours? ;/

Lumberdjack
May 14th, 2014, 03:37 PM
show me you a good GM and rebuff server, got cos buff on my ls 12 alt..

Elured
May 14th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Welcome.

Cidopuck is an interesting choice of a name...is there a story behind?

Sercova
May 14th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Welcome to the fold

MUSCARO
May 14th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Welcome Cidopuck !!!!

Nukrbaker23
May 14th, 2014, 09:58 PM
prem trade on? 50% speed trade on ? bag trade on ?

lvl 61 fammer crazy ?????????:MAD:

prem trade on? 50% speed trade on ? bag trade on ?

lvl 61 fammer crazy ?????????:MAD:

fix fix fix

Jamie9d
May 15th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Welcome.

Cidopuck is an interesting choice of a name...is there a story behind?

They are usually just unique handles/pseudonyms.

Namuh
May 15th, 2014, 09:47 AM
welcome... =) now can u help with the exp rate problem, so bad have this issue in the middle of an event GM

RagingAsura
May 15th, 2014, 09:50 AM
I find this topic funny. It's supposed to be introducing the GM, yet the GM hasnt even posted. Its like a surprise bday party without the birthday boy/girl. Like Jester, he'll probably stay quiet too. It doesnt look sincere or professional from anybody's point of view, why not introduce him when hes ready to greet us or show himself somehow?

I can think of something else for his name...like "psssst-i-dongiva-puck"

Cidopuck
May 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I find this topic funny. It's supposed to be introducing the GM, yet the GM hasnt even posted. Its like a surprise bday party without the birthday boy/girl. Like Jester, he'll probably stay quiet too. It doesnt look sincere or professional from anybody's point of view, why not introduce him when hes ready to greet us or show himself somehow?

I can think of something else for his name...like "psssst-i-dongiva-puck"

Hi there!

The announcement happened at the end of my work day, and here I am at the beginning of this one to say hi! We had to wait for a few things to go through before I could personally reply.

Now would be a great chance to let me know what you would like to see done with the extra attention I can give to this game.

Keep in mind that I cannot make the devs respond to us any faster, as much as I wish I could.

Sercova
May 15th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Are you solely for 9Dragons or do you work as a GM for other games aswell?

Cidopuck
May 15th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Are you solely for 9Dragons or do you work as a GM for other games aswell?

I'll be providing support where my time can be used most effectively.

RagingAsura
May 15th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I'll be providing support where my time can be used most effectively.

LOL c'mon thats evading the queston. So basically NO you're not a dedicated 9Dragon's GM. But nevertheless welcome, any help is better than no help.

Edit: (forgot to list things we'd like to see)

1. Daily communication by GMs to update on where we are with you and the devs. Also you can type a little intro about yourself, do you have any experience with 9D?

2. Clear roadmap for what your intentions are with this game, e.g Are you likely to release the rest of the maps with next patch, or will it just be icy...and then tibet 1..then tibet 2..etc

3. Your intentions regarding opening PVP or keeping it PVE?

4. Item mall improvements, Suba has avoided talking about prices of item mall, there hasnt been any promotions or discounts/sales, and the item mall is like a demo shop, only 1 deco is 30 days (statted) and it had to be the ugliest one.

5. website improvements, where are your ranking lists, your updates showing your current pretty good event? new prospective players googling 9d may stumble upon your site and think it's still in closed beta cos its so outdated and full of misinformation. It's akin to a shop still having xmas decorations up in june. It shows laziness and/or lack of funds and stability, a sure deterrent to attracting new players.

6. Feedback regarding suggestions thread and be more active in the help threads.

All of the above is pretty basic stuff that we should be expecting out of the box, I dont even know why we need to ask for it.

Cidopuck
May 15th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I'm glad you think so. I'll do what I can with the tools and support I have to help get this game going!

Cidopuck
May 15th, 2014, 11:50 AM
LOL c'mon thats evading the queston. So basically NO you're not a dedicated 9Dragon's GM. But nevertheless welcome, any help is better than no help.

Edit: (forgot to list things we'd like to see)

1. Daily communication by GMs to update on where we are with you and the devs. Also you can type a little intro about yourself, do you have any experience with 9D?

2. Clear roadmap for what your intentions are with this game, e.g Are you likely to release the rest of the maps with next patch, or will it just be icy...and then tibet 1..then tibet 2..etc

3. Your intentions regarding opening PVP or keeping it PVE?

4. Item mall improvements, Suba has avoided talking about prices of item mall, there hasnt been any promotions or discounts/sales, and the item mall is like a demo shop, only 1 deco is 30 days (statted) and it had to be the ugliest one.

5. website improvements, where are your ranking lists, your updates showing your current pretty good event? new prospective players googling 9d may stumble upon your site and think it's still in closed beta cos its so outdated and full of misinformation. It's akin to a shop still having xmas decorations up in june. It shows laziness and/or lack of funds and stability, a sure deterrent to attracting new players.

6. Feedback regarding suggestions thread and be more active in the help threads.

All of the above is pretty basic stuff that we should be expecting out of the box, I dont even know why we need to ask for it.

Thanks for speaking plainly and presenting a clear list. I can put some time aside today for a small meeting with [GM]Deimos in regards to some of these issues.

I hope that if nothing else, I can be more active on the forums to help keep you all up to date. We try to tell you what we know when we know it as it is, and we want the devs to reply as fast as you do.

Cidopuck
May 15th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I've talked with [GM]Deimos, and we've concluded a few things.

A lot of these issues can be summed up with the simple answer that we have asked the devs, and have not yet gotten responses from them. We have been waiting weeks, and send new emails all the time. However there are a few that we can comment on.

"Your intentions regarding opening PVP or keeping it PVE?"

For now it looks like we will keep it PvE.

"Item mall improvements, Suba has avoided talking about prices of item mall, there hasnt been any promotions or discounts/sales, and the item mall is like a demo shop, only 1 deco is 30 days (statted) and it had to be the ugliest one."

This is mostly due to the fact that we are still only in Open Beta. We love promos and sales as much as you do, just ask the players at PT1.

"website improvements, where are your ranking lists, your updates showing your current pretty good event? new prospective players googling 9d may stumble upon your site and think it's still in closed beta cos its so outdated and full of misinformation. It's akin to a shop still having xmas decorations up in june. It shows laziness and/or lack of funds and stability, a sure deterrent to attracting new players."

I've talked to the man upstairs about this. Actually implementing the fixes may take a while, as we're currently welcoming in new members to our web design team.

In the meantime, what sort of ranking lists would you like to see?

"Feedback regarding suggestions thread and be more active in the help threads."
Hopefully with more GMs assigned to 9D, this won't be as much of an issue!

plastic001
May 15th, 2014, 03:03 PM

Any plans to help keep the players interested in PvP from dying of boredom?

Events are great and all, but having to spend 5~10 minutes to get to a map where you can PvP is pretty dumb. What's the point of having guards in the game if they serve no purpose?

Could you ask the developers if they have any new PvP related systems to prevent grieving and the like? There's some sort of jail system in Hefei, but along with many other things it was never brought to our version.

Duels outside of Hefei? - http://i.imgur.com/skTR5fg.png

Safe leveling? - http://i.imgur.com/qmtTasL.png / http://i.imgur.com/VnbUVWf.png

This is mostly due to the fact that we are still only in Open Beta.

Suba also said the same thing about getting stuff done in Closed Beta. We asked you to fix/remove certain things, and something as simple as making CBT rewards a non-tradeable useless gift turned into a 30 day premium that people are farming.

I'm not trying to be a ****, but please consider finishing (and testing) these things before ending 'open beta'. A lot of IM items are really over priced as well, something like a stat/mastery purge shouldn't cost someone $8 :confused:

Every previous publisher have all had ranking lists for player levels, for the players that wish to display it.

http://i.imgur.com/ilPa7f4.png

Zeboi1
May 15th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Bem vindo doido

IancartledpfbPg
May 15th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Getting fed-up of this subject try looking at the other pvp servers 9 dragons has had over the years and the first to be shut down are always pvp not that many want to play pvp go look at Gamescampus why do you think all events on their pvp server give higher xp skill and drop because nobody wants to play pvp GC are doing their best to get people to play but their pvp server is near empty if you want pvp go play their. Yes i know this is going to get Flamed but its factgo look

PrOm0schjn0
May 15th, 2014, 09:54 PM

A lot of these issues can be summed up with the simple answer that we have asked the devs, and have not yet gotten responses from them. We have been waiting weeks, and send new emails all the time. However there are a few that we can comment on.

"Item mall improvements, Suba has avoided talking about prices of item mall, there hasnt been any promotions or discounts/sales, and the item mall is like a demo shop, only 1 deco is 30 days (statted) and it had to be the ugliest one."

This is mostly due to the fact that we are still only in Open Beta. We love promos and sales as much as you do, just ask the players at PT1.

"website improvements, where are your ranking lists, your updates showing your current pretty good event? new prospective players googling 9d may stumble upon your site and think it's still in closed beta cos its so outdated and full of misinformation. It's akin to a shop still having xmas decorations up in june. It shows laziness and/or lack of funds and stability, a sure deterrent to attracting new players."

I've talked to the man upstairs about this. Actually implementing the fixes may take a while, as we're currently welcoming in new members to our web design team.

You and the publisher should sit together, collect gamer suggestion about PVP in Tibet. If not, i don't see why this server can survive beside US version. If not pvp in Tibet. All we do in this server is grind, get max gear and then off. No thing to do. I see a topic in "General discustion" that's have many suggesstion. Go there, collect idea and do the best move for this server.

Alex2peu
May 16th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Getting fed-up of this subject try looking at the other pvp servers 9 dragons has had over the years and the first to be shut down are always pvp not that many want to play pvp go look at Gamescampus why do you think all events on their pvp server give higher xp skill and drop because nobody wants to play pvp GC are doing their best to get people to play but their pvp server is near empty if you want pvp go play their. Yes i know this is going to get Flamed but its factgo look

why dont you go play at GC yang ? since that's pve server...pls...refrain from posting stupid reasons

Aklame
May 16th, 2014, 01:07 PM
why dont you go play at GC yang ? since that's pve server...pls...refrain from posting stupid reasons

Sorry if your tired of killing unsuspecting noobs at CC1, how about you go Play9d and PVP there?

Its obvious all you guys want to do is grieve people, then act like idiots on world chat, or post Vids or pics (Edited to fk)

Alex2peu
May 16th, 2014, 03:17 PM
hmmm? you can ask every1 from this svr,that i never pk'ed at cc1 ;) not at all even in cc4....since all carebears grind with anti-pk buff...
dont you think its fair? you guys keep telling us to go play gc yin svr if we want pvp....why dont you go play gc yang svr? its pve....
dont be idiot....its same shyt that you all tell us (the 1's that want pvp)

Aklame
May 16th, 2014, 05:39 PM
hmmm? you can ask every1 from this svr,that i never pk'ed at cc1 ;) not at all even in cc4....since all carebears grind with anti-pk buff...
dont you think its fair? you guys keep telling us to go play gc yin svr if we want pvp....why dont you go play gc yang svr? its pve....
dont be idiot....its same shyt that you all tell us (the 1's that want pvp)

We are happy here TY

Pa1n9D
May 17th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Duels outside of Hefei? - http://i.imgur.com/skTR5fg.png

Safe leveling? - http://i.imgur.com/qmtTasL.png / http://i.imgur.com/VnbUVWf.png

looking at these SS's im asking my self only 1 thing: I will ever see this kind of stuff on any US/EU version before i die?

Alex2peu
May 17th, 2014, 04:01 AM
We are happy here TY

we are happy here also,so stfu and stop crying when we ask for pvp

Sercova
May 17th, 2014, 05:14 AM
You're obviously not happy here if you keep wanting to change the way certain maps are. If you were truly happy here you'd shut up about PvP and get on with grinding.

Alex2peu
May 17th, 2014, 06:31 AM
grind grind grind....im not a zombie like you guys....

Jedaii
May 17th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Am I the only one who accidentally said the "F" word when I pronounced the GM's name? it was an innocent mix-up, I tells ya!

Ihgyug2
May 17th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Pro Mob25664

Zerin22
May 17th, 2014, 11:54 AM
If I wanted PVP I would join the Yin server on Games Campus 9 Dragons. If you make Liaodong or Icy maps open PVP I won't be playing here. I hope the GM's aren't swayed by this vocal PVP crowd. You will drive all the PVE players away if you make the higher maps open PVP.

Aklame
May 17th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Is this the same Moron that goes by the name Alex666 ingame?

If so can you imagine the world chat if PVP was enabled on all maps?

Sick of seeing this idiot rant over map chat as it is.

Alex2peu
May 17th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Is this the same Moron that goes by the name Alex666 ingame?

If so can you imagine the world chat if PVP was enabled on all maps?

Sick of seeing this idiot rant over map chat as it is.
since when icy and tibet represent all maps?

Aklame
May 17th, 2014, 06:04 PM
since when icy and tibet represent all maps?

LL will be a PVP map.

Everyone on that map will be geared, you should get some decent competition.

Alex2peu
May 17th, 2014, 06:40 PM
LL will be a PVP map.

Everyone on that map will be geared, you should get some decent competition.

why you change subject ? you said something about all maps pvp...stupid idiots....

Pa1n9D
May 18th, 2014, 02:19 AM
If I wanted PVP I would join the Yin server on Games Campus 9 Dragons. If you make Liaodong or Icy maps open PVP I won't be playing here. I hope the GM's aren't swayed by this vocal PVP crowd. You will drive all the PVE players away if you make the higher maps open PVP.

well....this server its pve now and that population bar its almost empty so there wont be anything to lose if they turn it into a pvp one
also,we can play w/o you,you wont be a big loss

KikyoArrows
May 18th, 2014, 03:58 PM

no one cares about carebears quitting. I mean its not like we see you anywhere else zombie farming in your pve dungeons LMAO

Skye69
May 18th, 2014, 08:33 PM
welcome :D

Cracaniciealmeu
May 19th, 2014, 03:46 PM
How many GMs should 9Dragons have for a boss spawn event/pvp event with GMs? Are you guys still sending emails to devs? Didin't you learn anything so far?! You don't seem to do anything to keep the server alive and populated...

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 06:14 AM

Your website and communication is still a disgrace! where is the info regarding the events? not many players knows what events are going on or how long it will last until they trawl through the forum for info from a random post. Can you guys atleast be a little professional or show you care just like a little? You are midway through your horse pouch event and not a single thing on your homepage. There has been zero activity from GMs, is this a neglected child that you have regretted taking on? Give us 1 good reason to spend a damn penny on this game. I dont mind spending but if im spending money I want to see some sort of stable future and commitment from the publisher not paying them to sit around ignoring players.

Everyone is really pissed off at your approach to publishing this game and you're not doing anything to help.

Cidopuck
May 20th, 2014, 11:14 AM
You're right. This is not an ideal situation. There are certain expectations which I agree should be met.

However, you're wrong in saying that we don't do anything to help. We do all we can to help. What we can do is limited by the devs. They simply do not respond, however much we try to reach out to them.

Our other communities are happy, because we get both dev and community support. Look for yourself.

To implement the changes that the community and the GMs want to see, and reach that level of customer satisfaction, we need that kind of support on 9Dragons.

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 11:16 AM
What has the devs gotta do with your website? what do they have to do with you updating your forum with uptodate information?

Cracaniciealmeu
May 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Once and for all...put your lawyers to work or hire some to find something in that contract that gives you the right to get updates sooner or something that you can force the devs to cooperate. What contract have you signed, devs are the master and suba's the slave??? If there are expectations that should be met why don't you try and fulfill them? I have not seen you, [GM]Cidopuck, in game so far or doing anything. And by the way since devs create the game, tech team upgrade website and uploads the patches to game what a GM does? What support from devs you need to hold an event: pvp, collection, spawn boss...whatever comes to your mind. You don't seem to be professional!

Cidopuck
May 20th, 2014, 11:49 AM
I've already responded to questions regarding our website. It takes time, but it would be a great help if you were willing to offer suggestions for improvement.

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Improvements to the website? or improvements to your management policy?

Cidopuck
May 20th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I was referring to suggestions for improving our website.

EternalSonata
May 20th, 2014, 12:17 PM
You guys need to attract players when they get in the 9dragons website and here the basic:

- Presentation and Screenshot, videos provided by players = represent the game

- Ranking + highlight the XP rate/drop/Kung-Fu skill

- The current Patch, maintenance and event

At least that !

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Your website should include the latest news and updates regarding few things such as:

1. Updates regarding your current events - time of start/finish and whats included to entice players, currently we have free PSH (could be regarded as 2nd best only to the end game weapon), free X3 cards, free HP and Mana pots, free damage pills etc to level up extremely fast. LiaoDong has arrived.....all those things

2. Updates on Storm Vs Storm events - time and current holders etc but this is less important.

3. Update on your Black Vs White war times, and list of result from previous events.

4. Official information regarding server and event times; XP, Drop, Skill rates as well as information regarding regular weekend events and time being held - accurate info not "this weekend" we need for example: "from 23:59 UTC/GMT friday till 23:59 Sunday GMT/UTC XP DROP SKILL will be 9x". What the current level cap, maps etc.

5. A system that links to a ranking list for player's levels, and if possible can sort by role/clan.

6. If possible create links to list leagues/bands with population

7. Updated Item Mall (more decos, ornament removal tools etc) and a direct link to the item mall from the web browser and not ingame.

Things like that. Most important is uptodate info regarding your server and updates so people can at a glance tell what type of server you are on 1 SCREEN. No offence but as it is now, it looks like a lazy kid's private server.

Cidopuck
May 20th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Thank you all very much for the constructive feedback. I have opened a new thread regarding the ranking lists for those players who may not be following this thread. Please post any further suggestions there:

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=66595&p=675224#post675224

Jedaii
May 20th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Most wanted player. Infamous for killing in safe zones and players 24 levels below. The accused will be targeted on any map and can be Pk-ed by anyone, he can only retaliate on PK maps :D

DHumbled1
May 27th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Hey everyone I would like to introduce you to the new 9 Dragons Game Master [GM]Cidopuck! He will be working alongside myself in making sure 9D is running smoothly. This will include running events and talking with the devs to get bugs resolved. You will soon be seeing him in game so lets give him a nice warm welcome!

@[GM]Cidopuck,

Welcome to 9 Dragons, may your transitional phase be as smooth as running
9 Dragons. Can not wait to read more about future event's, lures, & bug fixes.