PDA

View Full Version : Online Ranking Lists

Cidopuck
May 20th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Hey everyone!

As was suggested, we're looking into making some improvements to subagames.com/NineDragons/.

A feature you have asked for is to add a ranking list. I'm drafting an email now, but I would like to know:

What rankings would you like to see on our site?

Be as specific as you can be.

We are also working on adding an event calendar.

Thank you!

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Characters levels, and if possible add league rankings based on number of players to see league's size and popularity (if you can filter to minimum level like atleast 2nd role EC6 Characters, stops being creating a million low level chars to boost their league size).

Malthael
May 20th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Top 10, 50 and 100 highest level

SEEYOUPK
May 20th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Rank players by their levels (experience points or whatever it needs), if there are more than one on same level, rank them by their gk.

Like:

1. H12 dude with 500 GK
2. H12 dude with 480 GK
3. H10 dude
4. H5 dude with 200 GK
5. H5 dude with 50 GK

etc etc

Cidopuck
May 20th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Characters levels, and if possible add league rankings based on number of players to see league's size and popularity (if you can filter to minimum level like atleast 2nd role EC6 Characters, stops being creating a million low level chars to boost their league size).

That's a good idea to avoid that exploit!

Cracaniciealmeu
May 20th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Highest level mostly. You can also make filters for highest by role/clan/highest gk/bk, one with highest disciple rank like they had on EU server,

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I wonder if including ranking list with BK/GK title will just make people abuse and farm karma on their own noob chars instead of actual PKing or SVSing? Maybe a better ranking would be Level + number of combats...then again they can farm that too :-/

Cracaniciealmeu
May 20th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I have seen a char. VN name (i assume he's vn also) was GC12 with captive soul...next day oc2 with selfish fiend. Now he's LM i think...Maybe a GM can check that account if it's from trading or is something that he made behind the curtains.

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Oviously its from feeding from his own chars, you ever see a GC12 character roaming BP killing everything in sight? lol. First of all there are not enough players and fights in BP to even attain anywhere near that karma. He's just logging 30 of his noob accounts and feeding off it hourly. Funnily enough hes the one on here with the RTD bug also. I think there are 2 of them.

Just thought of another thing regarding ranking with BK/GK title, The PVErs will always be knocked off the list because they will be stuck with around 1-2k GK through quest and grind and there will be no other source of GK unless they go SVS or PK. Or Suba has that new patch where you can get karma from dungeons or daily quests.

Cracaniciealmeu
May 20th, 2014, 01:37 PM
That's what GMs should check: if it's from trading with nooblets or something else. It was just an idea abut the karma rankings

Alex2peu
May 20th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I wonder if including ranking list with BK/GK title will just make people abuse and farm karma on their own noob chars instead of actual PKing or SVSing? Maybe a better ranking would be Level + number of combats...then again they can farm that too :-/

ranking should stay with lvl and experience ! thats all!!

SEEYOUPK
May 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM
ranking should stay with lvl and experience ! thats all!!

It was never about just lvl and experience.

On Acclaim it was experience and GK, on German server it was by experience and chronological order. There must be 2 filters anyways, we only have to suggest the 2nd one.

Ihgyug2
May 20th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Combat record % ranking list?is that possible?xDD

Alex2peu
May 20th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Combat record % ranking list?is that possible?xDD

thats why i said lvl and experience only....but ppl like to think bigger,they forget how lazy are our dev's

RagingAsura
May 20th, 2014, 02:59 PM
What is the point of just level and experience when people cap in a week or 2 with the high xp rates? the ranking is meaningless then, there should be some form of achievement measurable.

Alex2peu
May 20th, 2014, 04:04 PM
What is the point of just level and experience when people cap in a week or 2 with the high xp rates? the ranking is meaningless then, there should be some form of achievement measurable.

let's make them a statue then...

Cidopuck
May 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM

That's a good point, although it won't be like that forever.

What would you suggest instead?

Ihgyug2
May 21st, 2014, 10:15 AM
That's a good point, although it won't be like that forever.

What would you suggest instead?

Combat record % wins ranking list if it's possible (only ppl with 100 or more fights).

ShapeShift3R
May 21st, 2014, 10:33 AM
Put the top 10 at the main page and add a button to direct you to the Top 100.I would like to see ranks by Level-Combat Record(percentage of win/loss)-Role.

RagingAsura
May 21st, 2014, 10:37 AM
Maybe devs can implement a system where Karma can only be taken from people who are 2nd role + ? that should slow some of the farmers down feeding off their 30 LS0 noobs.

As for now ranking perhaps could be based on levels and GK+BK.

RagingAsura
May 21st, 2014, 10:38 AM
Combat record % wins ranking list if it's possible (only ppl with 100 or more fights).
Then someone can farm killing their mules 100 times and stay ontop forever?

BizaRRe123
May 21st, 2014, 04:45 PM
screw the ranking.....we need updates and bugs to be fixed

LHQua
May 22nd, 2014, 06:37 AM
top lv of Tanker, top lv of Holist, ... or top lv of ShaoLin or Demon... That would be nice to us to know who lead the top of our league.

Cidopuck
May 22nd, 2014, 10:25 AM
Thank you all for the great, constructive feedback so far.

Tomorrow is when we're having our meeting about the information gathered here. So if you have any more things to add, speak up now!

I will leave the thread open as long as it seems we will get good suggestions, as well as to update you and ask advice.

Thanks again!

Cracaniciealmeu
May 22nd, 2014, 10:29 AM
Have you got a reply from devs about future updates? What do you plan to add next?

Ihgyug2
May 22nd, 2014, 10:33 AM
Thank you all for the great, constructive feedback so far.

Tomorrow is when we're having our meeting about the information gathered here. So if you have any more things to add, speak up now!

I will leave the thread open as long as it seems we will get good suggestions, as well as to update you and ask advice.

Thanks again!
This are the suggestions of topics in forum :
Open icy/tibet and LL....some players getting bored because they are 181+ or because they bored to grind at red mobs in srs and spamm water herbs + KGs. Make Tibet pvp if possible. Fix 30d premiums from new chars.
Make pills unavaiable in PvP or remove all event items (except weaps because some player used moneys on them, and couriers)
Fix the CB Deco and make some good event ^^
Hope u will replay xD
P.S: give us some new update like CC dung or something else...bored to play with always the same things and if we get something new I'm sure we will have more players in this version.

Cidopuck
May 22nd, 2014, 11:17 AM
Have you got a reply from devs about future updates? What do you plan to add next?

I'm so glad you asked!

We actually got a proposed release and event calendar from the devs today. As in, I saw this response, asked Deimos, and he informed me that he had only just received the email.

We need some clarification from them on what they intend with certain events, and whether earlier dates are possible, but what I can tell you is that there will be some announcements made in the near future once we hear back from them.

We are also really trying to make a push on getting updated tools and manuals from them, but you know how it is.

RagingAsura
May 22nd, 2014, 11:19 AM
Thats great news for all of us Cido, keep it up.

Offtopic:

Do you guys know how to spawn bosses yet? now would be a good time to do some sort of boss spawn events. Since your last 2 weekends have been bugged (Black vs White War), you can probably compensate by spawning 10-20 bosses in hefei or BP directly. Bosses could include shen mo, general wei. If you're generous you can spawn the 4 icy bosses too if they're available in game already.

Cracaniciealmeu
May 22nd, 2014, 11:39 AM
I'm so glad you asked!

We actually got a proposed release and event calendar from the devs today. As in, I saw this response, asked Deimos, and he informed me that he had only just received the email.

We need some clarification from them on what they intend with certain events, and whether earlier dates are possible, but what I can tell you is that there will be some announcements made in the near future once we hear back from them.

We are also really trying to make a push on getting updated tools and manuals from them, but you know how it is.

I suggested many times to contact your lawyers to look over the contract. Jamie said also that the contract you have signed gives devs power over anything you might say. The problem might be there. Anyway, still good news that they have replied. One more question. Why are we getting the notice from Loulan map? Do you guys have it and don't release it or what?

Ihgyug2
May 22nd, 2014, 11:59 AM
I suggested many times to contact your lawyers to look over the contract. Jamie said also that the contract you have signed gives devs power over anything you might say. The problem might be there. Anyway, still good news that they have replied. One more question. Why are we getting the notice from Loulan map? Do you guys have it and don't release it or what?
They got icy/tibet/LL and also Superior dungeons (same as GC) but they didn't opened them.
Hope they'll open all soon

RagingAsura
May 22nd, 2014, 12:24 PM
They should just open all the maps and let the population play out. I dont know why they are restricting levels like this, it's not like it takes months to get past LD, if it did i would understand so that it closes the gap between new players and old, then the maps would need a staggered deployment approach. But with these rates its set so high that new players only take few weeks to catchup, no point confining players into a small play area.

Ihgyug2
May 22nd, 2014, 12:25 PM
I want my IM staff ;/ open tibet GM xD

m2407177
June 7th, 2014, 12:09 AM
Sup all, kProphetk here from 9DGCUS forums.

If you would like a very nice stats page, have it consist of Role/Clan/LvL of Char/Name of Char/DoB (Date of Birth) and EXP count to next lvl (as Acclaim did it). That shows the XP gap between players, even if same lvl. I have a Ss of the ranking list somewhere from G1 days.

Nothing else really matters, due to Karma Titles can be exploited on the list from Trading in BP/LL by league mates to try and get Karma Titles to use Ignoble Soul Plate and higher (If M/D is ever brought to our versions.) CR is same as Karma Titles - useless to a point.

It should show, 1 full list of all chars in 1 list (Top 100), then you should be able to have links/tabs to move to individual Clans and Roles. Sadly CK hyb's cant be set in this list as the game data doesnt send that type of info to the server to feed to the SQL Database of a website.

Maybe Suba can get thrs up and running while GC is still, after 2 yrs, waiting on Venus to get it done for GC!

Best of Luck all and Plz Suba - keep 9D fun and not based on the IM!

GL and HF Later!

Still doing my thang over at GC for now - Just changed my IM 12 Shao Healer to Warrior - Just to have something new to do!

Check out my lil channel - Will be adding more vids soon! Sorry lost my Net for 2 months, due to work was slow! Anyways GL and HF!
Later!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh2v_bIoHef2hikecx5ziNA

SpecalOne
June 7th, 2014, 01:21 AM
I just wonder I can looking for lots of information on your website, not only on forum. The last new is 2 months ago.

Thank you very much.

Ihgyug2
June 7th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Yeah....more than 2 months for LD and ref rates =/

EternalSonata
June 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM
yo Prophet, sad to see you shao pve kser being war now with role changer. You helped and inspired me a lot and i understand that you wanted to pvp but you already have the bot war...Here things are going slowly and I guess we are all just stuck in the past.

Kalzion
June 7th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Hey everyone!

What rankings would you like to see on our site?

Be as specific as you can be.

We are also working on adding an event calendar.

Thank you!

Ranking list by level/band svs ranking, other than that I personally think you should concentrate on making sure we have Icy Dungeon for next month or else your capped players will get very bored!

Jedaii
June 8th, 2014, 07:36 AM
why the hell would you change your healer to war? all that time leveling buffs and traps wasted when you could have easily made a Shao war IM in 2 weeks or less :D