PDA

View Full Version : Handing in my resignation

Jamie9d
May 22nd, 2014, 08:46 AM
Hey guys,

With university taking most of my time and work becoming a real problem, I'm going to have to either temporarily or permanently resign from my position. I cannot delegate time evenly and right now, university is taking precedence and always will. I'm sorry for any problems from the publishers and I only wish I could have done more. I'll check my private messages a few times a week but I won't be able to moderate this community anymore. I told the community first before the staff because the community are more important to me and you've given me some good laughs over the few months. I know it didn't seem like I was ever on your side and I always rode the publishers but in all honesty, I disagreed and argued with the publishers as much as it took for them to realize what they were doing was wrong. I was always on your side, it just didn't come across that way.

Have a good and best of luck with your future guys! I will be holding one community event where I will be giving away everything I own and everything I bought from the item mall but that won't happen for a little while.

BizaRRe123
May 22nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
good luck....i can just hope our new mod will be better

Jamie9d
May 22nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
good luck....i can just hope our new mod will be better

That's personal preference and I apologize if I didn't live up to your expectations. I hope the next moderator will be better than me and have more time for the community although I tried my absolute hardest to make sure the community came first. As we're technically now on the same level, I'm glad I won't be seeing players like you again, it is players like you that are a detriment to the game. You cried to me in dozens of private messages asking/demanding me to lag your items into storage and promised you wouldn't tell anyone. You acted like a complete idiot half of the time and if your comments weren't heavily narcissistic, fallacious or pessimistic, you were busy wasting time and trolling people.

I have respect for everyone in this community, you don't.

BizaRRe123
May 22nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
That's personal preference and I apologize if I didn't live up to your expectations. I hope the next moderator will be better than me and have more time for the community although I tried my absolute hardest to make sure the community came first. As we're technically now on the same level, I'm glad I won't be seeing players like you again, it is players like you that are a detriment to the game. You cried to me in dozens of private messages asking/demanding me to lag your items into storage and promised you wouldn't tell anyone. You acted like a complete idiot half of the time and if your comments weren't heavily narcissistic, fallacious or pessimistic, you were busy wasting time and trolling people.

I have respect for everyone in this community, you don't.
here we go:awsum:
you could said that long time....not now when you are leaving us
ps about items *lag*:you did that for yourself but you didnt want do it for others....so what i should understand from here?that something its good if you do it but its bad if others do the same thing?

Sercova
May 22nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Sad to see you go Jamie. You were a proper help round here and I can only commend you for that my friend ^_^
Here's hoping we get another mod just as dedicated to the game as you.

We all know you tried your best to help. Not your fault certain community members couldn't see past their own ignorance. Good luck with Uni bro.

RagingAsura
May 22nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Good luck Jamie, you should keep your items, maybe someday you will be back ;)

Jamie9d
May 22nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
here we go:awsum:
you could said that long time....not now when you are leaving us
ps about items *lag*:you did that for yourself but you didnt want do it for others....so what i should understand from here?that something its good if you do it but its bad if others do the same thing?

I never once attacked anyone or used any exploits to benefit myself in this game. I wouldn't expect anyone to do it so why would I do it? I was hardly in-game and the only time I was in-game was to help players with bag bugs by spending my own money to help them get their items back, to announce buffs so everyone had enough time to get the buffs on their alts and to get suggestions/feedback from the players who didn't use the community board.

I don't know what you think I am but I'm not that person from your misconstrued assumptions. I wouldn't personally attack you and I'm sure in reality, you're a really nice guy but on here your comments are quite reprehensible and you don't ever give people the respect they give you.

Thanks to everyone else for the support. This isn't going to be a living testament so I'll leave this thread now, have fun and enjoy the weekend!

RagingAsura
May 22nd, 2014, 09:33 AM
I wonder if you would have resigned if management, communication, and professionalism was better here :)

Jamie9d
May 22nd, 2014, 09:34 AM
I wonder if you would have resigned if management, communication, and professionalism was better here :)

It wouldn't have made a difference. University comes first and always will do. Even if this was ran as professionally as the Riot staff from League or the Blizzard staff, I would have still had to leave. This was ran professionally and the publishers have tried their hardest despite the stipulations and constant harassment from the community; the community who some have given nothing back but expect everything for nothing.

Staff left prematurely so numbers were tight and the publishers were scrambling around constantly to get staff to maintain this server. Problems occurred that were not always the publishers fault but there were problems that the publishers should have fixed sooner. There is a lack of urgency which is something that needs to be dealt with and I hope in time, the publishers make sure the community comes first in any situation.

RagingAsura
May 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
the community who some have given nothing back but expect everything for nothing.

There is a lack of urgency which is something that needs to be dealt with and I hope in time, the publishers make sure the community comes first in any situation.

I dont agree with the first sentence there, we the community have given a lot of ideas, patience, and trust to Suba, what the publishers have given back was a lot of silence most of the time. We just ran out of patience, trust, and intime faith.

Your 2nd statement is an understatement and I hope it will get better for the sake of the game and its community.

Alex2peu
May 22nd, 2014, 11:28 AM
enjoy ur life man,i wish you luck,soon il go to university also ^_^

NameLess113
May 22nd, 2014, 12:46 PM
Everything gets to an end...

BizaRRe123
May 22nd, 2014, 12:49 PM
haha,thats a good question
i guess he is going to work on mardu's private server as dev or something like that

Aklame
May 22nd, 2014, 02:47 PM
Jamie, good luck dude.

Even if I didn't always agree with you it was obvious you had our best interests at heart.

Your a fine young man and I wish you all the best in life.

RainbowTubeSocks
May 26th, 2014, 08:13 PM
You're a great person, Jamie. I remember being sorta in the same Mod position you had to do and I know very well how frustrating things can get. The players will never get to see what goes on behind the scenes, the insane hours you had to stay up, and most importantly the IRL sacrifices you needed to make just to see the community happy. Did I mention people in these positions don't get paid? They do it for the love of the game and nothing more. Yet people never look over that and they flame because they think things can be done with the snap of a finger.

I left the community when I seen they hired you as a Mod because I honestly thought of you as a Messiah to this 9D thing of ours. I was even willing to give you millions of $ for your pvt server project because it was the first time we had someone with the POV of a 9D player in a leadership position. I hope life turns out great, and if Suba will look at me for a Mod position, I'll try to fill the shoes you left over there. Really sad to see this.

Ozmliad
May 26th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Jamie please dont leave ...but if you have to leave mod for more time do that, but dont dump your file, you might want to visit sometime.
:'(

Jamie9d
May 27th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Jamie please dont leave ...but if you have to leave mod for more time do that, but dont dump your file, you might want to visit sometime.
:'(

There isn't a huge amount left that I can do here. I'm not in-game anymore (the internet is horrendous) and i cant really get involved in any discussion. I'll see how it goes but I'll end up becoming less and less active. I've wanted to let this game go for a very long time and this is probably that time.

Alex2peu
May 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM
You're a great person, Jamie. I remember being sorta in the same Mod position you had to do and I know very well how frustrating things can get. The players will never get to see what goes on behind the scenes, the insane hours you had to stay up, and most importantly the IRL sacrifices you needed to make just to see the community happy. Did I mention people in these positions don't get paid? They do it for the love of the game and nothing more. Yet people never look over that and they flame because they think things can be done with the snap of a finger.

I left the community when I seen they hired you as a Mod because I honestly thought of you as a Messiah to this 9D thing of ours. I was even willing to give you millions of $ for your pvt server project because it was the first time we had someone with the POV of a 9D player in a leadership position. I hope life turns out great, and if Suba will look at me for a Mod position, I'll try to fill the shoes you left over there. Really sad to see this.
dude....you lick for this mod position so much

RainbowTubeSocks
May 27th, 2014, 06:00 PM
dude....you lick for this mod position so much

How am I "licking for this mod position so much"? You don't make any sense. What does me showing my appreciation to Jamie have to do with anything about wanting to be a mod? I knew Jamie before Suba even announced they had 9D.

How about you stop being my fan boy and stop quoting me? I'm not what I used to be or I'd tier 1 flame you and tell you about yourself. Now good day.

Rumeye
May 27th, 2014, 06:20 PM
How am I "licking for this mod position so much"? You don't make any sense. What does me showing my appreciation to Jamie have to do with anything about wanting to be a mod? I knew Jamie before Suba even announced they had 9D.

How about you stop being my fan boy and stop quoting me? I'm not what I used to be or I'd tier 1 flame you and tell you about yourself. Now good day.

Sir TubeSocks, I'm afraid it's your fault now. You should see whom it's worth replying to. Replying to a user who is not capable to comprehend simple things is a mistake.

No matter what you reply to these kind of people, they'll keep saying their own stupidity. They live in a different world, it's impossible for us to change them. Please don't reply to such users. You're only wasting your time.

- Don

Alex2peu
May 27th, 2014, 06:44 PM

then why u talk about he's priv svr? look again at ur stupid post,u wrote urself u want to be a FM ! and just becaz i quote some of your stupid posts doesnt mean im ur fan boy ;) maybe u are mine since u rage so much on every post that is about you

Gemjunky
May 27th, 2014, 07:51 PM
A sock puppet symphony, RainbowTubeSocks will never become forum mod, it would blow his cover.

I know a certain Captain that knows how to jungle tape banana clips and climb a tree with a mini-14 ranch rifle, they were taught how to shoot in between heartbeats, they are expert at camouflage and can do 120 minutes of nonstop cardio without breaking a sweat.
they would like you to review The First rule of cammo...

http://youtu.be/zekiZYSVdeQ

I'm sure this "Captain" would talk to you themselves but yesterday they accidentally downed a 3oz bottle of delsym and spent the afternoon nude from the waist down lying on the living room floor hysterically laughing...

DHumbled1
May 27th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Hey guys,

With university taking most of my time and work becoming a real problem, I'm going to have to either temporarily or permanently resign from my position. I cannot delegate time evenly and right now, university is taking precedence and always will. I'm sorry for any problems from the publishers and I only wish I could have done more. I'll check my private messages a few times a week but I won't be able to moderate this community anymore. I told the community first before the staff because the community are more important to me and you've given me some good laughs over the few months. I know it didn't seem like I was ever on your side and I always rode the publishers but in all honesty, I disagreed and argued with the publishers as much as it took for them to realize what they were doing was wrong. I was always on your side, it just didn't come across that way.

Have a good and best of luck with your future guys! I will be holding one community event where I will be giving away everything I own and everything I bought from the item mall but that won't happen for a little while.

@Jamie9d,

It is understandable to juggle between work & college, it is a lot of hard work. Truly hope
to see you return in the near future. It has been an amazing journey to have spoken
within you within game & on this forum. It is understandable somethings are not within
your powers, thank you for bringing the game active from beta to current. Remember a
true warrior never dies it's legend remains & others speak about it for decades. Thank
you for bringing us laughter, being on the communities side, & most of all for being who
you are. May your journey be bright moving forward & best wishes with your education.

Skye69
June 2nd, 2014, 06:40 AM
Jamie it's so bad to see you resign. As Deimos searching for new Mod, I don't think some one would fit as you or got patience to do so. I wish you the best, Take care yourself out there and keep in touch mate.