PDA

View Full Version : PvP Maps!

Cidopuck
May 22nd, 2014, 02:24 PM
Hey all!

So I know that one thing a lot of players have been calling for is more PvP. We have been looking into this for the last few days and once we get some information from the devs, it may be possible to set some of the current maps to PvP on a weekly basis.

Exciting, huh?

What we need to know from you guys is this: Which maps should we apply this to?

All suggestions, comments, and discussion on this topic should be kept to this thread so we'll be sure to see it. We will only be looking at votes cast here.

Thank you!

Pukai94RRv2WyBf
May 22nd, 2014, 02:27 PM
Well if its current maps, I guess Liaodong since its the highest lvl map currently available? Also can we start an 9x event from today until monday? More people will play :D

Vandala
May 22nd, 2014, 02:33 PM
LD unless u plan on bringin higher lvl maps soon.After that do it only for Ice/Tibet map's.
Thanks for listening.

Sercova
May 22nd, 2014, 02:35 PM
What do you mean "On a weekly basis"? Are you saying it may be possible to switch a map to PvP for a certain amount of time were week for a PvP event?

SEEYOUPK
May 22nd, 2014, 02:45 PM
Yes, it's possible, it only needs a GM to be on, and a server restart. But don't forget to change the rates back to 6x or 9x if you are planning to give an event. I think nobody wants to spend the weekend on 1x.

Great thing that you listen us. Thanks.

I would say LD atm. When we get Icy, use that for PVP and LD only PVE. Later Tibet + Icy.

Cidopuck
May 22nd, 2014, 02:45 PM
That's what we can try to do, yes.

Of course, if the community would prefer a different arrangement (such as permanent PvP maps, bimonthly PvP events, etc.) then we will consider those too.

However we currently believe that a weekly arrangement would be best due to other players having preferred grinding maps and such.

Sercova
May 22nd, 2014, 02:49 PM
I think to start off with the whole being able to switch it on an off factor is good.
Start with the weekly events, if they gain ALOT of interest and i mean ALOT, then start looking at permanent PvP maps or longer events.

We need to gage an actual ingame response to PvP on grind maps. Polls etc on the forum aren't going to cut it.
Behind the scenes, you need to be looking at how often people PvP and all that kind of data to make an informed decision as to how it'll affect the community as a whole.

Cidopuck
May 22nd, 2014, 02:54 PM
That's a good suggestion, but it doesn't seem we have access to that kind of data. The best we can do right now is run trials based off of player suggestion and then monitor those to make more informed decisions.

As an aside, feel free to suggest maps that we absolutely should NOT run PvP on as well.

Thanks for all the responses so far!

RagingAsura
May 22nd, 2014, 02:57 PM
I'm liking this Cidopuck, only thing is since the highest map right now is LD (SRS) which you can grind to PS+ levels, and people start grinding in LD at EC, you will see alot of complaints and things will look bad on the outset. I suggest you bring Icy map ASAP and make that PVP since there could be upto a 100 level difference in LiaoDong.

If players dont mind that then im all for it :)

Ihgyug2
May 22nd, 2014, 02:58 PM
Lol they'll burn stacks of KGs while grinding that's all O_o
It won't affect anything, because we are grinding in dungs -.-...just low level nabs without KGs will die (and then cry in forum).
Just put tibet and make it pvp that's all.

Sercova
May 22nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Personally i think the highest level map where the highest level characters are should be getting the PvP events as that's where the most PvPers are going to be.

If however there are a lot of lower levels starting to complain that the event only caters for high level people, possibly do an event where you switch on the PvP on the highest map for an hour or so, the highest levels get their PvP fun, switch it off, go down a map and switch on the PvP there for those lower levels etc etc.

Problem with that though is that the higher levels may go down a map and start PKing the lower levels which is why we need something in place to prevent that. Whilst the event is happening, if it's possible, lock maps for certain level ranges meaning noone above a certain level can enter that map.

Cidopuck
May 22nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
Looking at the current dev release schedule we were just given, we won't be factoring Tibet or Icy into our current decisions. It's been noted though!

Of course we would like to fast track those as much as possible, but the speed at which is happens is really up to the devs in the end.

So far the most interest had been shown for Liaodong. We are considering having multiple maps open at once, or perhaps have a rotation going, so let us know about any other good candidates.

Cidopuck
May 22nd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Personally i think the highest level map where the highest level characters are should be getting the PvP events as that's where the most PvPers are going to be.

If however there are a lot of lower levels starting to complain that the event only caters for high level people, possibly do an event where you switch on the PvP on the highest map for an hour or so, the highest levels get their PvP fun, switch it off, go down a map and switch on the PvP there for those lower levels etc etc.

Problem with that though is that the higher levels may go down a map and start PKing the lower levels which is why we need something in place to prevent that. Whilst the event is happening, if it's possible, lock maps for certain level ranges meaning noone above a certain level can enter that map.

We're really not sure if that much control is available to us in the GM tools, but it will definitely be looked into.

SEEYOUPK
May 22nd, 2014, 03:07 PM
RagingAsura is right.

As much as I would like to see it, it's a very bad idea to put PVP map right now due to the high level difference. There will be high level random PKers who won't be able to go higher level maps and I think they will just continously grief lower level grinders in LD.

Lets just try to fix the BvW war, higher levels will have an opportunity there to PVP, and as soon as we get North Sea Icy Palace or Tibet, enable PVP on those maps for a weekend, and lets see what happens.

Sercova
May 22nd, 2014, 03:07 PM
Maybe the devs can do something about that? Not that there's a hope in hell they will however, we all know what they're like lol

Pukai94RRv2WyBf
May 22nd, 2014, 03:08 PM
Is it possible for you to set the rate to 9x today?:D

Ihgyug2
May 22nd, 2014, 03:08 PM
Hey all!

So I know that one thing a lot of players have been calling for is more PvP. We have been looking into this for the last few days and once we get some information from the devs, it may be possible to set some of the current maps to PvP on a weekly basis.

Exciting, huh?

What we need to know from you guys is this: Which maps should we apply this to?

All suggestions, comments, and discussion on this topic should be kept to this thread so we'll be sure to see it. We will only be looking at votes cast here.

Thank you!
This suggestion is useless.
Low levels will be pked and high level will grind in dungs.
Make something serious like put icy and tibet and THEN ask what pvp maps we want...

Jedaii
May 22nd, 2014, 03:09 PM
or GM's could kick-start some good ole sparring in BP!!!!!! People wouldn't be so bored if GMs actually interact with us in game. This is something that has been lacking in 9Dragons since G1.

GM's never have time for players, and as someone rightly said, there are no GMs, there are GOs (game operators)

SEEYOUPK
May 22nd, 2014, 03:11 PM
Just a last warning, if you enable PVP for the weekend in LD, it will damages the lower levels so much, that we will never get this event again.

Wait till higher maps with this type of event.

Ihgyug2
May 22nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
We can't have pvp untill they don't leave event KGs.

Cracaniciealmeu
May 22nd, 2014, 03:21 PM
Turning LD into PVP will bring some problems. 1st of all people will not be able to wear masks, guards will attack them (as far as i know), 2nd EC2-FC8 will have difficult times if they only aim for GK. Let's say they meet at the bridge, a LM-H comes and continues killing everybody "just for fun". If you could force Icy map that might work. Don't rush taking a decision and listen all the voices!

Murayuki
May 22nd, 2014, 03:47 PM
only the highest map should be pvp, but since LD is a map where both, lvl 100 and lvl 180 grind, it shouldn't become pvp map. but well, even icy is (normally) entered at lvl 120 and left at 180, it's still a huge difference, but it's a bit better o.0

anyway, there's no point in pvp as long as 30% event hp potions are ingame. just try to open new maps by the time event has ended, so that icy (hopefuly tibet) starts as a pvp map without any OP potions around.

BANE13
May 22nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
And what do you all think is going to happen in Icy?
Theres so many PS characters now..(which is over Icy mob limit)
that there will be Ps's pking lowers...

No matter what map is pvp you will always have this problem..
People like to kill lower players, makes them feel good about themselves..
Though there are honorable pkers, there will always be this problem. I vote LD pvp event..
And you will see me guarding/defending my league mates as they grind.. Happy hunting!:COOL:

Edit: I agree w/ the event 30% pots... pvp pointless w/ them... it will just promote 2,3,4 vs 1 to kill the player...

RagingAsura
May 22nd, 2014, 05:05 PM
I suggest being patient till Tibet comes out and make that PVP, we have 1 chance to make PVP look good and LD is not the good chance it will make it look horrible, PS players PKing EC in 1-2 hits, Pots cant help you there. Everyone who enters Tibet should be H-PS level and should be geared enough to either fight or run. LD is a different story, people arent even 2nd role.

Getting ahead of ourselves and enabling PVP here will destroy this server forever with no coming back. It's good enough we know that the publishers have intentions of turning certain maps PVP, lets wait for for the maps to be worth it.

BizaRRe123
May 22nd, 2014, 05:07 PM
cmon....lets have another 9x event

RudeBway
May 22nd, 2014, 08:01 PM
now i read all this stuff and i`m confused` since i play 9D there where allways 2 servers 1 PVP and 1 PVE so that no1 would cry or be unhappy
u can make the pvp map Icy that is all by my sugestion ...but stil not every1 can have good gear to fight and since moust of here ic ar pvp`rs and cry about 30% kg gtfo u can die with those on u too if u know how to pvp ..so shh and stop complain and i don`t think that coz of 20 ppl u make a whole map/s pvp coz they wanna feel OP and pk u on site even if u ar 20 lvl low`r/same as theyr on icy there will be battles for UNSEAL EPI and don`t tell me that if u ar LM and a PS come kill u and take ur boss u will be happy with it SO MAKE A SERVER FOR PVP "PRO`s" that cry about KG
and i don`t wanna play pvp if i don`t like it and never did pvp and if i`m forced to do so then idk (quit or invest in game real$$ to fvck u up),better make a thread with vote then with opinions:EEK::EEK::EEK::EEK:

KikyoArrows
May 22nd, 2014, 08:13 PM
PVP in LD obviously unless you want RL-GBs get one shotted... But ebfore you do that remove the damn KGs or PVP will still be pointless. Furthermore since this operation relies on the devs, I'll assume we won't be seeing this change any time soon

Malthael
May 22nd, 2014, 08:35 PM
Make pvp from Jinan please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANE13
May 22nd, 2014, 09:40 PM
now i read all this stuff and i`m confused` since i play 9D there where allways 2 servers 1 PVP and 1 PVE so that no1 would cry or be unhappy
u can make the pvp map Icy that is all by my sugestion ...but stil not every1 can have good gear to fight and since moust of here ic ar pvp`rs and cry about 30% kg gtfo u can die with those on u too if u know how to pvp ..so shh and stop complain and i don`t think that coz of 20 ppl u make a whole map/s pvp coz they wanna feel OP and pk u on site even if u ar 20 lvl low`r/same as theyr on icy there will be battles for UNSEAL EPI and don`t tell me that if u ar LM and a PS come kill u and take ur boss u will be happy with it SO MAKE A SERVER FOR PVP "PRO`s" that cry about KG
and i don`t wanna play pvp if i don`t like it and never did pvp and if i`m forced to do so then idk (quit or invest in game real$$ to fvck u up),better make a thread with vote then with opinions:EEK::EEK::EEK::EEK:

Wow,

Pro rambler...

BizaRRe123
May 23rd, 2014, 12:35 AM
moust of here ic ar pvp`rs and cry about 30% kg gtfo u can die with those on u too if u know how to pvp ..so shh and stop complain

please never post again on forum......your understanding level its below normal

JfhfifititarNB7
May 23rd, 2014, 01:38 AM

You're KOSed for being a dumbazz.

NghiaIT
May 23rd, 2014, 03:21 AM
open Icy and Tibet map, then set them PvP:O

RudeBway
May 23rd, 2014, 04:03 AM
hahahha hater`s feel free to do what u want ...i`ll just w8 to see what hapen`s hope u won`t cry later :):COOL:;)

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 06:09 AM
PVP in LD obviously unless you want RL-GBs get one shotted... But ebfore you do that remove the damn KGs or PVP will still be pointless. Furthermore since this operation relies on the devs, I'll assume we won't be seeing this change any time soon

These changes dont require devs, thats why Cidopuck is asking us. Its easy for him to just flick a switch, restart map and it'll become pvp. He needs to know how to schedule or which map to enable pvp thats all hes asking for.

Before we can make a decision on this we need to know how long it will be before icy and tibet will be open? if it's like 1 year then i dont know....but if it's like 1-2 months then better just wait for that and make tibet PVP. No point alienating the lowbies now if dumb Hermit/PS players come and camp at LD entrance killing everything on sight. It could still work but only if all the high levels group together and pk each other rather than bully the 1st role EC2's.

Alex2peu
May 23rd, 2014, 06:38 AM
You're KOSed for being a dumbazz.

ummm,and you are? an allmighty carebear?

Cidopuck
May 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
This is all good discussion, but I think we would like to go ahead and at least test to see if we can even run such an event as soon as we can. We don't want to wait for the new maps before we've even tested it.

So far most of the votes have been for Liaodong, so unless we see a sudden shift in that or some really convincing arguments otherwise, that's where we'll be testing it. We will keep you updated on if it all works out, and if it does then we will try running a PvP event.

Thanks!

Ihgyug2
May 23rd, 2014, 10:36 AM
This is all good discussion, but I think we would like to go ahead and at least test to see if we can even run such an event as soon as we can. We don't want to wait for the new maps before we've even tested it.

So far most of the votes have been for Liaodong, so unless we see a sudden shift in that or some really convincing arguments otherwise, that's where we'll be testing it. We will keep you updated on if it all works out, and if it does then we will try running a PvP event.

Thanks!

Lol u wanna put something that players doesn't want?-.-
P.S: when u plan to put icy and tibet?O_o I think we waited enough.

SEEYOUPK
May 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
It's ok event. Just don't forget to change the rates after you restart map / server.

PrOm0schjn0
May 23rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Open PvP in Liaodong this time is not a good idea. U should better make it pvp since when this map opened. For now, we waiting for new map arrived like Icy, Tibet and Loulan. We would like to see pvp open on these maps. This PvP can be permanant or only on weekend (when exp event happen) or maybe this map 'll PVP bi-weekly (in old VN's version from 2007, we have all map PVP bi-weekly event, that's fun). I'll see more fun when this idea become real.

Ihgyug2
May 23rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Wtf is that....bi-weekly bi-monthly...so hard open 3 sh1t maps and make them pvp?
Leave LD pve for lowbies.

Cidopuck
May 23rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
We would love to do PvP on those maps, but I'm sure you would not love to wait for PvP until they come out.

If we can, we will try running PvP on LD (or some other CURRENT map that you can suggest) at least once just to see how it works out. There's no real harm in that that we're aware of.

If it comes to that, we'll add an "Enter at your own risk" notice to the announcement so that lower level players don't wander in by accident, not expecting to get destroyed by higher level ones.

Ihgyug2
May 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
We would love to do PvP on those maps, but I'm sure you would not love to wait for PvP until they come out.

If we can, we will try running PvP on LD (or some other CURRENT map that you can suggest) at least once just to see how it works out. There's no real harm in that that we're aware of.

If it comes to that, we'll add an "Enter at your own risk" notice to the announcement so that lower level players don't wander in by accident, not expecting to get destroyed by higher level ones.

Ah... u mean we still have to wait some other week/month to get maps right?-.-
If u wanna lose some other player u are welcome to try.

Cidopuck
May 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM
Based on the current schedule, it will be a while yet before we open the newer maps. We can try to push the dates forward as much as possible, but this is something that's really up to the devs.

When they open, we will most likely be using those for PvP, as advised by the players. Until then, we're trying to do what we can.

Ihgyug2
May 23rd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Based on the current schedule, it will be a while yet before we open the newer maps. We can try to push the dates forward as much as possible, but this is something that's really up to the devs.

When they open, we will most likely be using those for PvP, as advised by the players. Until then, we're trying to do what we can.
Lol newer maps...

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 11:52 AM
We all know it'll take forever to release new maps, so why don't you make LD pvp for like 2 hours every day/ or during the weekend.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 11:57 AM

What good is putting a sign saying "Enter at your own risk" when there is no where else to go? they HAVE to go to LiaoDong, they have no choice. You forcing LiaoDong to be PVP and not listening to us when we are telling you its a bad idea is going to have some bad repurcussions on the future evaluations of enabling PVP for other maps.

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 11:59 AM
There's also an equal if not greater amount of people asking for PVP in LD. Now saying it to stay PVE and not even give it a chance is pure bias treatment.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
There is no bias treatment, never has it been before (that I know of) where LD was open with SRS at the same time being cap, that PVP was enabled on that map only. A level 80-100 walks into LD, gets camped by a bunch of level 180+, cant move, cant change map, cant run since village is a mile away. The lowers are forced to go to LD to level up without a choice, and the highers are FORCED to stay in LD without a higher map to do other activities, so infact indirectly locking everyone in LD. Similar to locking puppies in same cage as lions.

Cidopuck
May 23rd, 2014, 12:27 PM
I have not yet heard any other suggestions for any currently open maps to be made into PvP. We are entirely open to those suggestions, so if anyone thinks a different CURRENT map would work better I would welcome the input

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 12:34 PM
There is no bias treatment, never has it been before (that I know of) where LD was open with SRS at the same time being cap, that PVP was enabled on that map only. A level 80-100 walks into LD, gets camped by a bunch of level 180+, cant move, cant change map, cant run since village is a mile away. The lowers are forced to go to LD to level up without a choice, and the highers are FORCED to stay in LD without a higher map to do other activities, so infact indirectly locking everyone in LD. Similar to locking puppies in same cage as lions.
you have absolutely zero idea how pvp server even functions. Have you even played on Asura or Yin before spouting such nonsense

I have not yet heard any other suggestions for any currently open maps to be made into PvP. We are entirely open to those suggestions, so if anyone thinks a different CURRENT map would work better I would welcome the input

Has been repeated multiple times. LD made into PVP

Cidopuck
May 23rd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Our current choice is LD, I was giving the chance for anyone who disagreed to suggest something new.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 12:46 PM

What other maps? cant be anything lower than LD, that will just make the problem even worse.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
you have absolutely zero idea how pvp server even functions. Have you even played on Asura or Yin before spouting such nonsense

Yes sir you are absolutely right... LOL. And who may you be on those servers?

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 12:49 PM
Yes sir you are absolutely right... LOL. And who may you be on those servers?

There are more carebears on a PVP server than actual random pkers. But of course someone who never played there wouldnt know. After all only a true moron or someone with zero knowledge of a pvp server would assume grinders get "grieved" and the grievers get away with no repercussion.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 01:00 PM
Is this a PVP server to you? does it look to you like a full PVP server? does it look like you can go anywhere except for LiaoDong at level cap. You should think more before you speak. And for your information i voted for PVP map/server, not just now because of people like you running around calling people carebears without knowing who i am.

I have explained enough why this is a bad idea for the population we currently have, if you just activate those 2 brain cells you have left in your head long enough to say the words carebear then you may realize why.

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 01:10 PM
Or use your own brain cells and realize if LD is made into a pvp map it will be no different than a PVP server with LD. Oh thats too hard for your simple minded self to comprehend? But again you don't know how a PVP server even operates in regards to the social interactions, so no surprise there at your ignorance. Keep assuming that the grinders just get camped 24/7 it shows your stupidity better that way

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 01:14 PM
If you think LD PVP = full server PVP , then i suggest you go back to school. I'm not quarreling with a narrow-minded misfit on this forum anymore because obviously he cant fathom the thought of everyone locked in the same map with a 100 level difference. Sorry I just popped your last brain cells. Information overload I guess.

Cidopuck
May 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Can you two please refrain from insults?

The map chosen will NOT be full-time PvP. It would only be switched to PvP on a weekend/event basis.

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 01:30 PM
If you think LD PVP = full server PVP , then i suggest you go back to school. I'm not quarreling with a narrow-minded misfit on this forum anymore because obviously he cant fathom the thought of everyone locked in the same map with a 100 level difference. Sorry I just popped your last brain cells. Information overload I guess.

More like it is too difficult for you to comprehend how a pvp map and a pvp server has the same mentality. Guess what in Yin IM players can gank datong or jinan, no one does that though. But again you are too uneducated on the subject matter to understand.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
And do you know why IM players dont go there? because they have OTHER MAPS to go to, OTHER bosses and maps to PK on. Does your tiny little brain comprehend that?

Sercova
May 23rd, 2014, 02:47 PM
Guys take your quarreling to PMs >.<

Cidopuck, we understand what you're saying in regards to if we don't like LD what other maps would we want but here's the thing, any other map is going to have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Lower level characters who grind on those maps are going to be targets for the higher level characters.

LD is the ONLY option right now and even then it's going to be a disaster with the level differences. I completely understand this is just to test things. Hey we're still in OPEN BETA so testing this kind of thing is to be expected so go ahead and do it but please, take in the response from people ingame. Monitor everything and if people are indeed getting excessively ganked then well, that's not fun for anyone.

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 03:15 PM
And do you know why IM players dont go there? because they have OTHER MAPS to go to, OTHER bosses and maps to PK on. Does your tiny little brain comprehend that?

Go make a character on yin and grind it before continue spouting your nonsense. Stereotypical PVER with complete lack of common sense regarding pvp servers and maps

Cidopuck
May 23rd, 2014, 03:44 PM
Keeping in mind that this is all still very much up for discussion both on the forums and internally...

Our current idea is that if we change a map to PvP just the weekend (and of course make announcements), then players will know not to go there for that period of time unless they want to PvP with high level characters.

Not every event can be available to every level tier, and I think the community in general might prefer the option to have PvP sometimes for some people than not at all.

We have one other idea for PvP that was just brought up and will be discussed, which will avoid all the issues between PvP and PvE players. But that's a topic for another thread.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 07:26 PM
Go make a character on yin and grind it before continue spouting your nonsense. Stereotypical PVER with complete lack of common sense regarding pvp servers and maps

Are you so dumb to really think i have never played on a pvp server? yeah go play on Dead Yin and see how many people can gank me, thats food for thought. Have you ever played on a FULL PVP server before with a FULL population? if not then shut the hell up already. Please show me your PVP experience and quote me your achievements, enlighten me to who you are. Ohh yeah probably a random nobody who jestered on Yin and think he knows it all.

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 08:34 PM
Are you so dumb to really think i have never played on a pvp server? yeah go play on Dead Yin and see how many people can gank me, thats food for thought. Have you ever played on a FULL PVP server before with a FULL population? if not then shut the hell up already. Please show me your PVP experience and quote me your achievements, enlighten me to who you are. Ohh yeah probably a random nobody who jestered on Yin and think he knows it all.
you mean back when asura was full of people like RDC BoS TVM vs BS GoW etc? Yeah I bet you don't even know what I'm talking about. I played both empty and populated pvp server, the only moron here is you who seems to be the stereotypical yang moron.

And are you legitly this retarded to ask for in game achievements? Really do you even play 9dragons? "hurr durr achievements in a game like 9dragons" god damn you're dumb

BTW you clearly don't even use whatever is left of your brain. Apparently since you won't get ganked in Yin because its dead, you will get camped in Suba which is even more empty than Yin. Do you even read your own posts?

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 08:55 PM
Whats the matter? you have squat to show for your ramblings? Its ok that you're a nobody, even if you did play in Asura's heydays you have nothing to show. Yeah yeah create an account in asura and call yourself a pvper. Not everyone in asura is a pvper, maybe you're one of those carebears you keep talking about LOL. You want to sound oh so proud of your PVP heritage but sadly nothing to show for it. Not even a name, mind you people wont really care who you are anyway. You are still too dumb to find the difference between an open server and one that is still closed and limited to a certain map. I guess it makes you feel better making "hurr durr" sounds, suits you actually.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 09:02 PM
BTW you clearly don't even use whatever is left of your brain. Apparently since you won't get ganked in Yin because its dead, you will get camped in Suba which is even more empty than Yin. Do you even read your own posts?

Go to Yin and take some pics and count how many players in LiaoDong and then do the same in Suba and do it during peak hours (if Yin even has one). That's if you can count, if not go back to school and learn the concept again. Do i need to school you about everything? think before you type.

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 09:17 PM
Whats the matter? you have squat to show for your ramblings? Its ok that you're a nobody, even if you did play in Asura's heydays you have nothing to show. Yeah yeah create an account in asura and call yourself a pvper. Not everyone in asura is a pvper, maybe you're one of those carebears you keep talking about LOL. You want to sound oh so proud of your PVP heritage but sadly nothing to show for it. Not even a name, mind you people wont really care who you are anyway. You are still too dumb to find the difference between an open server and one that is still closed and limited to a certain map. I guess it makes you feel better making "hurr durr" sounds, suits you actually.Agreed, no one will care about my name or any name for that matter, yet you're the retard kept asking for it. Hmm. Yin > Suba in population if you're that dumb to not understand thats on you. It doesn't matter if I'm a carebear from Asura or not, at least I know what I'm talking about, you on the other hand think that PVP server = lowbies getting camped. Look's like you lack a brain.

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 09:39 PM
Can you quote me where I said Yin server = lowbies get ganked. Do you have a problem with reading and understanding? again you must go back to school for this because i've wasted lots of time telling you the same things over and over yet you have difficulty understanding.
I'm glad we agree that you're just a nobody, infact a "carebear" played - or should i say participated on a PVP server thinking you're some kinda better being than others. Did you know that Asura/Yin wasn't the only PK servers, not including privates.

Also if yin was so populated what are you doing here? if Yin was so playable why are you moving.... hmm dont answer that because you're brain is probably still processing hurrdurrr.... You were the only one bringing Yin into the equation, you were the only one stating that high people go back to low maps to PK lowbies. There is a difference see? mr hurrdurr?

On this server, it means HIGH levels staying in HIGHMAPS killing lowbies (LiaoDong being the highest map, geez i keep having to repeat myself and type really slowwwwwwww since you may misunderstand or not comprehend -.- ).

Aww man did that hurt your brain? did that peanut inside that skull of yours rattle slightly?

KikyoArrows
May 23rd, 2014, 09:54 PM
Can you quote me where I said Yin server = lowbies get ganked. Do you have a problem with reading and understanding? again you must go back to school for this because i've wasted lots of time telling you the same things over and over yet you have difficulty understanding.
I'm glad we agree that you're just a nobody, infact a "carebear" played - or should i say participated on a PVP server thinking you're some kinda better being than others. Did you know that Asura/Yin wasn't the only PK servers, not including privates.

Also if yin was so populated what are you doing here? if Yin was so playable why are you moving.... hmm dont answer that because you're brain is probably still processing hurrdurrr.... You were the only one bringing Yin into the equation, you were the only one stating that high people go back to low maps to PK lowbies. There is a difference see? mr hurrdurr?

On this server, it means HIGH levels staying in HIGHMAPS killing lowbies (LiaoDong being the highest map, geez i keep having to repeat myself and type really slowwwwwwww since you may misunderstand or not comprehend -.- ).

Aww man did that hurt your brain? did that peanut inside that skull of yours rattle slightly?

I'm done arguing with a clinically retarded patient. But feel free to believe what you want, LD = PVP = dead game. Pure hilarity. Logic of a true moron. Also keep bringing up things that has nothing to do with what my point was (asking me for achievements, why I'm playing here among other retarded questions), only serves to show how dumb you are because you can't even properly defend your own points :-)

RagingAsura
May 23rd, 2014, 10:00 PM
It's ok that you're out of arguments for a debate since you have no logic to argue with yet retort to calling names and ill-mannered things. It really does show one's nature. Keep making those sounds you are so fond of though :).

Now do you wanna cookie?

NameLess113
May 24th, 2014, 08:19 AM
I iz pvp carebear and I am nobody, but I pawned all the servers, tho nobody knows me cuz I`m nameless.

hurr durr...

*opens cookie jar*

Jamie9d
May 24th, 2014, 08:21 AM
I iz pvp carebear and I am nobody, but I pawned all the servers, tho nobody knows me cuz I`m nameless.

hurr durr...

*opens cookie jar*

The Vagabond was nameless but he is forever a legend; a past woven into a tapestry of knowledge.

F1r3cloud
May 24th, 2014, 08:48 AM
-[-_o]- <<<<<-------- this fellas is so strong that even PS can't stand his presence lol
^_^

Jedaii
May 24th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Keeping in mind that this is all still very much up for discussion both on the forums and internally...

Our current idea is that if we change a map to PvP just the weekend (and of course make announcements), then players will know not to go there for that period of time unless they want to PvP with high level characters.

Not every event can be available to every level tier, and I think the community in general might prefer the option to have PvP sometimes for some people than not at all.

We have one other idea for PvP that was just brought up and will be discussed, which will avoid all the issues between PvP and PvE players. But that's a topic for another thread.

What's wrong with the bloody plains though? and what exactly is a PvP event? The whole point of having grind maps PvP enabled is for players to kill players who are grinding.

And the whole point of Bloody plains is to PvP.

PvE'ers don't go to bloody plains because they prefer to grind. And PvP-ers don't go to bloody plains because there are no PvE-ers to kill. It's easier to kill a PvE-er than a seasoned PvP-er. So the alternative is to make grind maps PvP. After all, everyone have to grind :D

Ihgyug2
May 24th, 2014, 09:17 AM
They don't go BP because there are KGs atm :P

Jedaii
May 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM
they didn't before the level up event. Everyone was just asking to open LD cause they bored :D

Ihgyug2
May 24th, 2014, 09:40 AM
After event, I m sure many ppl will come bp.
I will be the first ;D

Ihgyug2
May 24th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Well me and my league already in bp ;))
Noob Kaze ty for karma <3

Jedaii
May 24th, 2014, 12:02 PM
why are you still HM4 nab? :D

Tykoon17
May 24th, 2014, 12:10 PM
How about start fixing the AR first before worrying about pvp.

Ihgyug2
May 24th, 2014, 12:15 PM
why are you still HM4 nab? :D

HM8 bro ;)) I m grinding more xD

Celandir
May 26th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Be VERY carefull about this [GM]Cidopuck. This server got very little players on it. As much as i love to pvp, making LD a pvp will drive people away, they will feel that it is not safe to go grind and lvl up and as an result the players will leave the server. Currently there are 2 maps PvP; BP and CoC. When people want to pvp they goto these maps. IF u enable pvp in a map like LD besides the current pvp maps we have atm then higher lvl players like PS lvl players will come to LD and kill / kill on sight every player they see. EC - FC - CS lvl player do not stand a change into fighting a PS lvl player. The higher lvl player can grind in peace inside dungeons like GCM and SrS while lower lvl players wont be able to lvl anymore. Why do u think the anti-pk buff exists in CoC? Why do think EVERYBODY who grinds inside CoC have the anti-pk buff on? Easy...they wanna grind in peace. IF the people want to pvp they go to BP and later on to Loulan. If u do make LD pvp then atleast provide the players a option to mark on PVP or NOT PVP inside the game options. A sort of switch that they can turn on and off. This way u give the players a option to pvp or not to pvp when ever they want.

Vandala
May 26th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Dude chill, even if they make ld pvp ot gona be temporary some sort of pvp event.

Cidopuck
May 26th, 2014, 10:28 AM
We understand the concerns about lower-level grinders on LD. Let me try to explain our reasoning once and for all:

1. PvP is by and large one of the things we get asked for most often. We are trying to make that possible.

2. We asked players which maps they would like to see made PvP, and Liaodong was overwhelmingly the clear preference. This was a choice made by the userbase, and not the GMs. I have given ample time and chances for people to submit other suggestions, but have not gotten any. The only other maps suggested are ones we cannot open yet, and we want to test PvP now on a current map in preparation for when they DO open.

2. This would only be on an event basis. Maybe 2 days a week if it even works. The change would be properly announced, to give players the warning that if they go to that map in that timeframe, they should expect people trying to fight them. We believe this is fair enough.

3. This current arrangement is for TEST PURPOSES. This is most likely not the decision we will be sticking with into the future, especially when the other maps become available. We would like to see how doing PvP like this works out.

We have other ideas for how to arrange PvP, and we're open to suggestions, but those will require some time and tinkering before we feel comfortable announcing them. For now, this is what makes sense for us to pursue.

I am sorry that it has to be this way, but we're doing all we can.

BizaRRe123
May 26th, 2014, 10:40 AM
We understand the concerns about lower-level grinders on LD. Let me try to explain our reasoning once and for all:

1. PvP is by and large one of the things we get asked for most often. We are trying to make that possible.

2. We asked players which maps they would like to see made PvP, and Liaodong was overwhelmingly the clear preference. This was a choice made by the userbase, and not the GMs. I have given ample time and chances for people to submit other suggestions, but have not gotten any. The only other maps suggested are ones we cannot open yet, and we want to test PvP now on a current map in preparation for when they DO open.

2. This would only be on an event basis. Maybe 2 days a week if it even works. The change would be properly announced, to give players the warning that if they go to that map in that timeframe, they should expect people trying to fight them. We believe this is fair enough.

3. This current arrangement is for TEST PURPOSES. This is most likely not the decision we will be sticking with into the future, especially when the other maps become available. We would like to see how doing PvP like this works out.

We have other ideas for how to arrange PvP, and we're open to suggestions, but those will require some time and tinkering before we feel comfortable announcing them. For now, this is what makes sense for us to pursue.

as long there are 30% hp pots and warrs with 6 AR theres not gonna be any "pvp"....you have to understand this

Jedaii
May 26th, 2014, 03:52 PM

PvP is not a bad thing, and don't think that we don't want it. The problem is that 9Dragons PvP is more like " level up, get some gear and go kill low level players". That takes away the fun.

You must implement the level restriction in PvP and you must do something about early PvP, in terms of balancing out the roles. it's easier for nukers to PvP early in the game but it is harder for others roles.

You can't just open up maps for PvP and hope to God all goes well because I can tell you from now, it WILL NOT. There have always been a tug-o-war between PvP and PvE. Players who prefer PvP are severely disillusioned and refused to accept the fact that due to the nature of PvP in 9Dragons, most players do not like Open PvP environment. Just check the history of every 9Dragons servers since this game started and you will find that PvE servers always end up being the most populated.

However, you cannot simply abandon PvP. What I would suggest is to remove the anti-PK buff from CC and replace it with a def.Ck def buff of 500. It can be done. Increase the base rates to x2 the current server rates (permanently and that also gets increased by events rates as well). This means that you have to sort out your GM tools. Because right now you guys cna only move the change the base rate from say 6to 9, not increase it by say 6 x3= 18 (like on GC).

Increase the number of Karma gained from killing in BP.

Killing same fraction (black v black) 30BK
Killing opposite fraction (black v white) 70GK

People will have a reason to go there. Killing on other maps remains as it. This will make BP the most efficient way to gain karma.

DISABLE ALL HP/VE heals in PVP. It can be done.

Vandala
May 26th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Tibet is going to be pvp. Cry no more pls.

RainbowTubeSocks
May 26th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I'm late and I didn't read anything fully. I skimmed through everything. Sue me.

I'm all for PvP and telling everyone why I'm better than them, because I am better than all of you, but I don't think you guys should even make LD a PvP map let alone do the weekly/monthly map thing. Have Tibet be the only permanent PvP map(outside of LL, CC and BP) that way you don't have to read the multiple complaint threads. The content sucks already and you don't want to ruin your population just because some people want more PvP.

If you want to pk then go to BP. The only reason I would agree to make more maps PvP would be to give more people a chance at using team work to get certain bosses, but with 2nd Tibet, 80% of the bosses outside LL/Tibet = pretty much useless with all the new gears/epis/masteries. Majority of you suck anyways lol

Tibisor20
May 28th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Im tinking, that whe got 2 option.

The FIRST one, is to make Icy + Tibet, the probem for you guys is that if u make Icy, is possyble to lose some players, because hight VS small, always piss off some people..

The SECOND only Tibet, or the highest map on srv ( EX: Liaodong for patch 11)

Thats all, im glad if i help you with something, cheers.

RagingAsura
May 31st, 2014, 10:30 PM
@Jedaii:

PVP server all dead? check this out:

And remember when you say pk with level restriction, how can you tell from here who's what level?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1MaNjOmf-c

Now doesnt that look more social and fun than fighting solo vs mobs?

plastic001
May 31st, 2014, 10:57 PM

Did anyone even die?

lol

RagingAsura
May 31st, 2014, 11:03 PM
Yeh if you watch through it, but the TV presenter was a vaga so it was hard to tell which side had more people, it was a big fight though.

SEEYOUPK
May 31st, 2014, 11:43 PM
@Jedaii:

And remember when you say pk with level restriction, how can you tell from here who's what level?

Paradise http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/yoyocici/yociexp19.gif

Rumeye
June 1st, 2014, 01:57 AM
@Jedaii:

No plyers died during that massive 6 mins of pvp.

GubRee
June 1st, 2014, 03:51 AM
Hello all. Sorry i didnt read all because its too long, so i hope what i'm going to say is not been said already.

I think that make pvp map is a great idea but it should come along with an xp event. In this way, the risk of being pked will be balanced from the higher xp.

This way even all maps could be pvp (during event), and if the player crave the fast leveling with high xp have to show off his azz :D :D

Vandala
June 1st, 2014, 05:35 AM
This is happening in ld now the map is pvp for the week end and there is a x9 event runing.

RagingAsura
June 1st, 2014, 06:42 AM
No plyers died during that massive 6 mins of pvp.

LOL in the first 24seconds or so someone died, and the vid is 13mins long not 6mins, troller :p

Aklame
June 1st, 2014, 08:26 AM
You guys call that PVP.

This is PVP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-wo7sDbKoo

Aklame
June 1st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Im a human mesmer ,)

Just trying to understand how you guys can enjoy PVP in this game compared to games designed for PVP.

Aklame
June 1st, 2014, 08:41 AM
9d pvp is so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X1sUEdiW_A

Might of been fun back in the day when we had no real games that require skill.

SEEYOUPK
June 1st, 2014, 08:45 AM
9d pvp is so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X1sUEdiW_A

Might of been fun back in the day when we had no real games that require skill.

I like Alice Deejay.

PrOm0schjn0
June 1st, 2014, 08:48 AM
Lol, pvp map is fun even LiaoDong is quite empty now :) I hope every 1 see that we all have fun while lvling in Liaodong :) I was make a new char to grind in LiaoDong just to feel how fun is it :) Pk, anti pk while lvling, calling friend for protection, make league vs league war :) That's how 9d is. GM, you should make this event weekly or pls make LD pvp permanant until Icy or higher map release. Even if get PK, i like it.

P/S: If you want to pk me, looking for Asa, still grind in LiaoDong =)) If you want to die => looking for [A]sari =)) Haha =)) Have a good day all =))

Pa1n9D
June 1st, 2014, 08:51 AM
Im a human mesmer ,)

Just trying to understand how you guys can enjoy PVP in this game compared to games designed for PVP.

how do you know a game is designed for pvp and another one is not ?

Jedaii
June 1st, 2014, 09:19 AM
@Jedaii:

So why you not playing that social and fun VN server?

A few things stood out:

1. No one killed the vaga (she only died once and i think it was because of healer trap). On our version, she would have died at least 10 times

2. There were a lot on 1v1 or 2v1. On our servers that does not happen. its usually 5v1
3. There was an abundance of high ref-ed weps
4. No one was grinding. They was all in 2nd village fighting.
5. I think I saw only one person die
6. it's obviously not a NA version lol and it is said that PvP on KR is very different than her because of players' attitude. You don't see 6 people ganging one and calling him dog and telling him to go do stuff with his mom.

7. I could see that most were wearing H4 set or PS set and had IM weps. So it's reasonable to assume that those players were either DB or IM level. No point for a hermit player to leave dragon gate inn and go fight IM level players....

8.That video doesn't say whether or not the server is a ghost town. I can post a vid from our recent boss spawn event with just as much players, and just take a look at our server status bar at any given day of the week.

RagingAsura
June 1st, 2014, 10:33 AM
So why you not playing that social and fun VN server?

A few things stood out:

1. No one killed the vaga (she only died once and i think it was because of healer trap). On our version, she would have died at least 10 times

2. There were a lot on 1v1 or 2v1. On our servers that does not happen. its usually 5v1
3. There was an abundance of high ref-ed weps
4. No one was grinding. They was all in 2nd village fighting.
5. I think I saw only one person die
6. it's obviously not a NA version lol and it is said that PvP on KR is very different than her because of players' attitude. You don't see 6 people ganging one and calling him dog and telling him to go do stuff with his mom.

7. I could see that most were wearing H4 set or PS set and had IM weps. So it's reasonable to assume that those players were either DB or IM level. No point for a hermit player to leave dragon gate inn and go fight IM level players....

8.That video doesn't say whether or not the server is a ghost town. I can post a vid from our recent boss spawn event with just as much players, and just take a look at our server status bar at any given day of the week.

I dont play there because of the language and the 2 seconds lag on each skill press. Simple, i would if it was not laggy.

To answer your pointers:

1. No one killed the vaga because it is just a camerama, named camerman so people know not to hit it.
2. 2v1 3v1 4v1 it dont matter they all happen, just that you saw what you saw was a coincidence.
3. High refs are on every server, look at GC USA.
4. No one was grinding? what does that have to do with anything? would you grind in the middle of a war? irrelevant.
5. People die or not, it depends on gear and how much KGs etc, just because you dont see them die on the vaga-cam doesnt mean they dont, again this doesnt have anything to do with the size of server as a proving point, since you said all pvp servers die, that one is actually alot more packed than Yang.
6. You even stated in your opening comment as to it's a VN server, so why now you are speaking about KR server? makes no sense.
7. Your assumptions are just assumptions, as you can tell you dont have a clue what levels are these players.
8. You're comparing daily PK activities that happens all the time on that server to an EVENT hosted on another server, which says a lot dont you think?

PS. Server status bar means jack because you dont know how many CCU's each server can hold. A server with a max CCU of 100 will show max if 100 people log, a a server with max CCU of 10000 will show 1%.

Aklame
June 1st, 2014, 02:45 PM
I gotta respect the fact that you guys love pvp in this game, even if I don't understand why.

Each to their own.

Jedaii
June 1st, 2014, 03:06 PM
We could belabor each point to infinity and not get anywhere as partisan views have always been at the center of PvP vs PvE.

Random vid taken from GC. +10 everywhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?YfsPir02jAc

NameLess113
June 1st, 2014, 03:30 PM
I`ve lost count at 8, just because I stop watch the video...

RagingAsura
June 1st, 2014, 07:35 PM
We could belabor each point to infinity and not get anywhere as partisan views have always been at the center of PvP vs PvE.

Random vid taken from GC. +10 everywhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?YfsPir02jAc

Funny the title of video says Subagames, yet the video is of Yang GC. BTW im failing to understand the point of that video? what's it gotta do with this topic? if you're trying to counter argue the social aspect? like socializing with all those AFK shops can count if you want to really count it like that...

Sercova
June 2nd, 2014, 03:31 AM
I don't understand what's going on here. Why are we comparing servers? Suba is its own entity and does its own things. It doesn't matter what other servers do.

BizaRRe123
June 2nd, 2014, 09:18 AM
Why are we comparing servers?

so we can know wich its better

Sercova
June 2nd, 2014, 09:26 AM
so we can know wich its better

No server is better than any other. they're all different and each has it's good and bad points. Just choose the one that fits with the way you like to play.

BizaRRe123
June 2nd, 2014, 09:30 AM
No server is better than any other.

but you can make one to be better than the other

Jedaii
June 2nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Well, multitasking can be a witch sometimes :D

You failed to understand because, like I said, partisan views cloud PvP[E] arguments. However, it is only fair that I enlighten you.

You posted a vid of VN server with people PvP-ing albeit no one really died, and there is no way to tell if people were having fun anyways.

I commented on the abundance of highly refined weapons in that video you posted. So i went to GC to see what I'd find and you saw the vid.

PvP comes to gear and a few other things. There are glaring differences in that video you posted vs what we normally have. In addition to that, VNs love PvP and this is a EU version. So to post a vid of a server where the Players are more Pvp-oriented and say oh look, very populated server, does not paint the correct picture of what we on this side of the world are accustomed to.

Besides, that server has been rumored to have GMs doing unscrupulous stuff. very bad server to use as the basis of your argument.

Will edit video title when i get around to it :D

RagingAsura
June 2nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Well, multitasking can be a witch sometimes :D

You failed to understand because, like I said, partisan views cloud PvP[E] arguments. However, it is only fair that I enlighten you.

You posted a vid of VN server with people PvP-ing albeit no one really died, and there is no way to tell if people were having fun anyways.

I commented on the abundance of highly refined weapons in that video you posted. So i went to GC to see what I'd find and you saw the vid.

PvP comes to gear and a few other things. There are glaring differences in that video you posted vs what we normally have. In addition to that, VNs love PvP and this is a EU version. So to post a vid of a server where the Players are more Pvp-oriented and say oh look, very populated server, does not paint the correct picture of what we on this side of the world are accustomed to.

Besides, that server has been rumored to have GMs doing unscrupulous stuff. very bad server to use as the basis of your argument.

Will edit video title when i get around to it :D

Maybe you can tone down your self beliefs and talk less in that nasty self absorbed patronising tone of yours. Or maybe you can try enlightening yourself and stop being so narrow minded. Regardless of Server location, I posted the vid to simply point out that PVP servers exists and with a high population against your argument that "ALL PVP servers in the history of ALL 9D has died". You come along bringing location, high refine weapons (LOL like Yang doesnt have +16 and 17s), and then assuming people NOT having fun. People dont log and play a game if they dont have fun. Im sure they're having more fun than you soloing mobs on LiaoDong boat.

I'm pretty sure you think right now that PVP = high refined gear, need shinyness to PK, I cant PK with +3 2nd role clothes. Sorry to tell you but the refine level is there and affects the whole server, not to individuals. God can you believe it? people PK'd before +13...wonder how.

Jedaii
June 3rd, 2014, 02:49 PM
Maybe you can tone down your self beliefs and talk less in that nasty self absorbed patronising tone of yours. Or maybe you can try enlightening yourself and stop being so narrow minded. Regardless of Server location, I posted the vid to simply point out that PVP servers exists and with a high population against your argument that "ALL PVP servers in the history of ALL 9D has died". You come along bringing location, high refine weapons (LOL like Yang doesnt have +16 and 17s), and then assuming people NOT having fun. People dont log and play a game if they dont have fun. Im sure they're having more fun than you soloing mobs on LiaoDong boat.

I'm pretty sure you think right now that PVP = high refined gear, need shinyness to PK, I cant PK with +3 2nd role clothes. Sorry to tell you but the refine level is there and affects the whole server, not to individuals. God can you believe it? people PK'd before +13...wonder how.

take your own advice.