PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu Boss Spawn Event

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Deimos and I have decided we would like to try running a Boss Spawn Event for you all today.

We would like to know: which bosses do you want to fight?

We will update you with the chosen map and time it will start once we know which bosses to use, and if players will participate.

Revol1
May 30th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Shen mo, Def bosses and some icy bosses too considering there's players high enough for them.

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Due to how our lists are organized, we will need specific names for each boss.

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, here's an idea. Spawn every boss? One after the other, lowest level to highest so everyone no matter what level gets a chance to fight a boss.
Obviously this'll depend on how long you and Deimos are ingame but I think it'd be nice ^_^

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Do you have bosses from Icy dungeon available? if not then its Shenmo, Vicious Fist, True General Wei. Or if you could provide us with a list of what bosses you can spawn then maybe we can better decide?

Revol1
May 30th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Due to how our lists are organized, we will need specific names for each boss.

CC Bosses:
1. General Wei
2. Vicious Fist, The Blood Lord
3. Dark Sword, The Shadow Lord

North Sea Icy Palace Bosses:
1. Snow Spirit Leader
2. Ice Spirit Leader
3. Silver Spirit Leader
4. Gold Spirit Leader

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 12:27 PM
CC Bosses:
1. General Wei
2. Vicious Fist, The Blood Lord
3. Dark Sword, The Shadow Lord

Icy Bosses:
1. Snow Spirit Leader
2. Ice Spirit Leader
3. Silver Spirit Leader
4. Gold Spirit Leader

Thank you!

Deimos
May 30th, 2014, 12:27 PM
The list we have for spawning bosses is quite disorganized. All the bosses are mixed in (seemingly at random) with the regular mobs. As we spawn the bosses we will be updating and highlighting which ones are bosses and opposed to normal mobs. Basically as we go along our spawn event the list will become better organized for future events.

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 12:28 PM
1. True General Wei
2. General Wei
3. Shen Mo
4. North Sea Queen (Icy dungeon boss to get the nice epithet)

And the above bosses from Revol1

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Do you have bosses from maps that aren't released yet?

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 12:34 PM

If not then only likely the CC bosses are of any value, maybe also the SRS boss that gives the Declining Sun Epi, but thats not really important as anyone can get that with a good team/league.

Deimos
May 30th, 2014, 12:35 PM

Probably, but I'll need names to confirm. In any case we will be starting the event soon. Already getting players to go to the Black Clan Gathering Grounds in Hefei.

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Awww man i'll be missing out then >.< still at work.

Ihgyug2
May 30th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Got Exceptional Northen Sky ;DD

Ihgyug2
May 30th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Anyone else keep getting an error?
Can't find resource name and something like that....can't log in now <.<

EternalSonata
May 30th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Yeah i have to reinstall all the datas.

Malthael
May 30th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Ya, they spawn boss that doesn't available in our client, then game keep crash

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 12:56 PM

So how did you get Exceptional northern sky? Icy dungeon doesnt exist in our client either. Or perhaps some other bosses are causing that problem?

DHumbled1
May 30th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Error on event while in zone

Ihgyug2
May 30th, 2014, 12:58 PM
So how did you get Exceptional northern sky? Icy dungeon doesnt exist in our client either. Or perhaps some other bosses are causing that problem?

I got exceptional then started to "crash" everytime I try to log in.
Anyway, queen spawned and I killed her.

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 12:59 PM

Just spoke to Deimos about this error because I was getting it too.
Turns out that they spawned a certain mob and it has caused this error. They'll be restarting the server shortly (and the PvP event)

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Hello,

Currently we believe it was just one of the bosses that created the error, other Icy Bosses seemed to work. We have made a note of which one.

We are looking into this issue as much as we can. Any information from our userbase would be very much appreciated in helping us determine the nature of this issue, such as if you were able to get the game client working again and how.

We will keep you all updated on this matter.

Thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Just my thoughts...it doesnt matter if it works or not I just like the fact that the game is getting events and attention LOL.

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM
And its better to find all these issues sooner rather than later

Jedaii
May 30th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Start the boss spawn again when server is up!

Tyvm

Ihgyug2
May 30th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Nice event *_*26008
Next boss event, spawn TGW that has no level limit.

Deimos
May 30th, 2014, 01:14 PM
We will be continuing the event when the servers are back up

Shuji1994
May 30th, 2014, 01:38 PM

What about lower lvls? Maybe some exp event, something like x2, or some skill/drop event, it'll help everyone. ;-)

Meclipse
May 30th, 2014, 01:39 PM

and how long the sv will be down, cause me for ex, i dont have much time to play???

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 01:40 PM
and how long the sv will be down, cause me for ex, i dont have much time to play???

Server is back up

DHumbled1
May 30th, 2014, 01:40 PM

Up now refresh mate!

Deimos
May 30th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Servers up, rates being reset to appropriate levels. PvP should be set in LD (still have to confirm that)

Shuji1994
May 30th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Servers up, rates being reset to appropriate levels. PvP should be set in LD (still have to confirm that)

What did you mean by 'rates being reset'? o.o

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 01:53 PM
What did you mean by 'rates being reset'? o.o

When they reset the server, rates go back down to x1 base rates. resetting the rates means they have brought them back up to where they are usually.

Pa1n9D
May 30th, 2014, 02:09 PM

omg,make an forum announce before you do a spawn event or any kind of event
do we really have to tell you that over and over again ?

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 02:11 PM
omg,make an forum announce before you do a spawn event or any kind of event
do we really have to tell you that over and over again ?

Sorry, but what thread are you in right now?

Vandala
May 30th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Anyway this was less or more a test event. U guys seems to forget something, even if the game is old for us it s pretty much new to the staff.

Pa1n9D
May 30th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Sorry, but what thread are you in right now?

boss spawn w/o a god damm announce and you are still the one who's arrogant
keep going,you are doing a great job
*yea i know,soon i will get my post removed just like on GC's forum

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 02:25 PM
boss spawn w/o a god damm announce and you are still the one who's arrogant
keep going,you are doing a great job
*yea i know,soon i will get my post removed just like on GC's forum

You are currently posting in the thread that ANNOUNCED THE SPAWN EVENT! What is wrong with you?

Pa1n9D
May 30th, 2014, 02:30 PM
You are currently posting in the thread that ANNOUNCED THE SPAWN EVENT! What is wrong with you?

edit, so you guys can understand:do you see a date/day or something like this ? omg...i really have to draw it or what ?

Vandala
May 30th, 2014, 02:33 PM
How can u say they did not announced it when u are complaining in the thread that announced the event.

Pa1n9D
May 30th, 2014, 02:41 PM
there was already a spawn event and he didnt announced the time for it..... so again,do you see any time on his post ?

Deimos and I have decided we would like to try running a Boss Spawn Event for you all today.

We would like to know: which bosses do you want to fight?

We will update you with the chosen map and time it will start once we know which bosses to use, and if players will participate.
what is so hard to understand guys? its not quantum physics for god's sake

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 02:52 PM
there was already a spawn event and he didnt announced the time for it..... so again,do you see any time on his post ?

Probably, but I'll need names to confirm. In any case we will be starting the event soon. Already getting players to go to the Black Clan Gathering Grounds in Hefei.

There ya go

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 03:20 PM

Yeah the thread title states "impromptu" and he also stated that hes gathering in hefei. Why so upset anyway? they are testing the tools and abilities, next time it will be better organized and more time for players to prepare.

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Exactly right!

plastic001
May 30th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I enjoyed the event, thanks for the 2 hours of funs.

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I enjoyed the event, thanks for the 2 hours of funs.

That's good to hear, next time it will go much smoother.

SEEYOUPK
May 30th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Nice to see some GM activity ingame with such an event.
Thanks for your time.

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I quit when a hundred TGWs landed on my face and I was dying every 3 seconds but i'm glad other people had fun =P

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I ran past and suddenly died LOL, i was like WTBleep! those bugged TGW's were pwning everyone.

Pa1n9D
May 30th, 2014, 03:59 PM
There ya go

sorry to say you that ,but some of us dont really have time to follow every post of deimos

plastic001
May 30th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Killing a dungeon boss is HARDCORE!! :EEK:

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Alright folks, can we all get back on topic please. Any posts after this that aren't related to the topic at hand will be removed.
I'll also do some cleaning up.

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I have a suggestion next time for boss spawn events, please spawn in random maps as well as random locations in each map, because spawning at the same point means the guy with the biggest wep will KS all the time. This is to make it fair for everyone.

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I have a suggestion next time for boss spawn events, please spawn in random maps as well as random locations in each map, because spawning at the same point means the guy with the biggest wep will KS all the time. This is to make it fair for everyone.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem possible. As you may have noticed when I was spamming bears, pigs and hens, we can only spawn enemies to our current location.

This is pretty standard for every game, not just 9D. It would be cool if we could just load up a stack of bosses to spawn and set them each to their own map and coordinates.

Deimos
May 30th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Maybe we could travel all over the world spawning bosses for you guys to find?

Cracaniciealmeu
May 30th, 2014, 05:54 PM

That would be cool. I suggest spawning higher lvl bosses in pvp areas. What was wrong with TGW?

Sercova
May 30th, 2014, 05:55 PM
A bit like a Hide & Seek event but your reward for finding the GM is being greeted with a boss to kill. I like it

RagingAsura
May 30th, 2014, 05:57 PM

Yes! thats the idea LOL. You can courier to those other maps and spawn them at random locations. Use this in conjuction with your ingame announcements giving us hints as to which maps you are spawning.

Cidopuck
That would be cool. I suggest spawning higher lvl bosses in pvp areas. What was wrong with TGW?

We only spawned so many because the GM tools are crazy hard to read and navigate. As for why he kept respawning...we don't know.

plastic001
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem possible. As you may have noticed when I was spamming bears, pigs and hens, we can only spawn enemies to our current location.

This is pretty standard for every game, not just 9D. It would be cool if we could just load up a stack of bosses to spawn and set them each to their own map and coordinates.

Could you and Deimos both do the spawns with speed cap? Just grab a bunch of slotted gear and throw speed in them, and eat a miracle speed tonic from the OBT package. All of that mixed in with the CoS buff should hopefully allow you to run around quick enough to get decently spaced spawns in.

I think a few places around Hefei would be best, since the other maps people might not be able to play until someone kills the bosses for them.

Cracaniciealmeu
May 30th, 2014, 06:05 PM
We only spawned so many because the GM tools are crazy hard to read and navigate. As for why he kept respawning...we don't know.

What was wrong with him that he did not drop anything. Somehow he's the same as hermits from BvW warrs. They lose hp easily until they are 14% hp. After that dropping his hp is a real pain in the...and when he dies still nothing happens! Make a list with al the bugs people send to you and that you find in game and send it to devs. Ask them to tell you what bugs they have fixed!!!

Cidopuck
May 30th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Could you and Deimos both do the spawns with speed cap? Just grab a bunch of slotted gear and throw speed in them, and eat a miracle speed tonic from the OBT package. All of that mixed in with the CoS buff should hopefully allow you to run around quick enough to get decently spaced spawns in.

I think a few places around Hefei would be best, since the other maps people might not be able to play until someone kills the bosses for them.

Good point. We can already move pretty fast actually.

Cracaniciealmeu
May 30th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Good point. We can already move pretty fast actually.

Dem speed hackers!!!:XD:

Tykoon17
May 30th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Plz dont spawn yasuchu next time... At least until tibet come out.

Malthael
May 30th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I think you need a test server

Ihgyug2
May 31st, 2014, 07:22 AM
I think u should spawn low level bosses (Def boss,HP boss, General Wei, Shen mo) in gathering ground for white clans and high level bosses in the gathering ground for black clans...and everyone can enjoy the event xD

Jedaii
May 31st, 2014, 07:35 AM
except for the General Wei bug, it wasnt a bad event.

What I would suggest is to spread out the bosses in the spawn location because High levels are hogging the bosses. As there is no way you can KS a LM boss at FC-HM lvls vs Hermit/PS players.

Overall, it was good to have such an event and have GMs in game. Next should be something in BP :D

Ihgyug2
May 31st, 2014, 07:48 AM
Full yybs and u can ks everything ^^

RagingAsura
May 31st, 2014, 08:19 AM
Full yybs and u can ks everything ^^

Can you KS the other dude who has full YYBS, higher refine weapon and higher level?

Ihgyug2
May 31st, 2014, 08:30 AM
Can you KS the other dude who has full YYBS, higher refine weapon and higher level?

No, but if he is higher he probably can't hit the boss xD
GM should spawn more bosses in 1 time so ppl got more chance to get the icy ones.

RagingAsura
May 31st, 2014, 08:56 AM
There are no level limits in dungeon bosses lol.

Aklame
May 31st, 2014, 09:12 AM
I wish they would remove the +25 level restrictions on world bosses.

With the restrictions, hardly anyone boss hunts anymore, and the lower lvls have to grind around the bosses.

Ihgyug2
May 31st, 2014, 09:23 AM
I wish they would remove the +25 level restrictions on world bosses.

With the restrictions, hardly anyone boss hunts anymore, and the lower lvls have to grind around the bosses.

Yeah I like this idea...
Bosses should have no level and u should hit them like they are white level...but lazy devs will never make it xd

Aklame
May 31st, 2014, 12:26 PM
Yeah I like this idea...
Bosses should have no level and u should hit them like they are white level...but lazy devs will never make it xd

Its how it was back in the day when Acclaim hosted 9d.

I honestly dont know why they changed it, but i'm still trying to figure out why they stopped us from being able to drop items on the ground.

Vandala
May 31st, 2014, 12:33 PM
Droping stuffs on the ground was a critical part of duping stuffs.

PrOm0schjn0
May 31st, 2014, 12:44 PM
Is there any boss spawn today ??? Why you alway make event suddently like this ? I'm i have to online 24/24 to w8 for event ? Next time pls announce us at least 1 day before event happen :( I was miss the last boss spawn event because of you, GM :(

Vandala
May 31st, 2014, 12:46 PM
They mostly tested stuffs to colect data for further events.I am sure next ones will be better announced and organized.

PrOm0schjn0
May 31st, 2014, 12:49 PM
They mostly tested stuffs to colect data for further events.I am sure next ones will be better announced and organized.

Even with test event, they must have announce us! Like BvW, they announce us for test event before days. I don't like the way GM work. Please announce us every times when you test or do something with server.

Pa1n9D
May 31st, 2014, 12:54 PM
I don't like the way GM work.

it looks like im not the only one

RagingAsura
May 31st, 2014, 01:34 PM
Even with test event, they must have announce us! Like BvW, they announce us for test event before days. I don't like the way GM work. Please announce us every times when you test or do something with server.

I think it was just a spur of the moment thing from GM giving out that random event. Also it was to test to see whether the codes for bosses were working as he had just recently got them. Next time im sure it will be announced with much more headroom for preparation.

Cracaniciealmeu
May 31st, 2014, 02:31 PM
The level restriction it's a good thing. This way all players have a chance for bosses. Imagine def boss/hp boss being camped by PS players. One boss can be monopolized but at least it's within the level limits. For cc bosses there might be a fix by not allowing people that are ec+6 to get the anti-pk buff. It's simple, when u reach ec6 you can no longer see the buff at hermit or you get a message saying you're to high or bla bla.
Prompted by the occasion rather than being planned in advance (Impromptu): don't worry, there will be many more events like this and maybe hosted better. As Cido said previously they collected data from their gm tools to be able to host future events smoothly.

SEEYOUPK
May 31st, 2014, 05:54 PM
Its how it was back in the day when Acclaim hosted 9d.

I honestly dont know why they changed it, but i'm still trying to figure out why they stopped us from being able to drop items on the ground.

That's why I don't like newbs. It goes back to Yin when they figured out how to stop VN seller sites. They had some program which allowed them to dupe things, but in some way it required things to be able to dropped.
People could buy anything from them which they could get once in the game. 2slot dmg wbs from Wei, any PSH weapon refined to any level, KGs, crit pills from the quest, exp cards, drop cards, relics, bboe, literally anything. Even levels.
I really hope nobody wants this back in the game.