PDA

View Full Version : Astrolabe quest glitched

Tico3005Bv7jiSJ
June 15th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Hello~

I am level 22, did all quests there are to do in Thereall, and i didn't receive the Astrolabe quest, and Thomas does not have it either.

My Character's name is Toketsu_Mun, if that's needed.
Hope to get some help soon, and thank you in advance.

Edit: fixed a typo with caps in my character's name.

AlehLH
June 15th, 2014, 11:18 PM
You don't pick it from Thomas but from one of the guards: Hawk, Fred, Matthew or Grey, I don't remember which.

Tico3005Bv7jiSJ
June 15th, 2014, 11:23 PM
well :c.. as i said, i did all quests that came up, and none unlocked astrolabe

Edit: just spoke with all 4, none gave any quests or anything.

Shiono
June 16th, 2014, 04:25 AM
Mmmmmm that's quite odd Toketsu.
First of all, did you do your second job change? Did you also report a quest named Report to the Commander of Knight Regiment?
The first quest you get from one of the squires, not the astrolabe one.

You get the astrolabe quest from NPC Thomas after you report the quest Report to the Commander of Knight Regiment.
The Astrolabe quest is a Lv10 quest and it's name is The Astrolabe (<insert zodiac element here>).
After getting it from Thomas, you then report it to the NPC Sun Evoy and he'll ask you to get 20 fragments from the clowns in Breezing Land. Then you report it once again to the NPC Sun Envoy, you keep talking to him and finaly unlock the astrolabe.

I'm guessing that you acepted the first part of the quest but probably forgot about getting the fragments. Or maybe you completed a part of the quest and forgot to get the other part. Just check your Quest Journal and see if you acepted it.
To check out if you've already done a part of it just go to Quest journal > Past and search for the quest's name.
If it's not there and you never acepted the quest, well then just go to thereall and talk to Thomas or Sun Envoy; it must be there.

This is all I can tell you :/ hope you find it.

Tico3005Bv7jiSJ
June 16th, 2014, 12:54 PM
i did the second job change as soon as i could, yes.
and i was checking, i don't have the quest Report to the Commander of Knight Regiment complete.
if i'm not wrong, you get a ring from that one. i gave up on it because it kept giving me a null when i tried to complete.
and now i cannot take the quest.

thank you for replying, i'll see if i can do anything. if not.. another suba game i gave up on.

YumeLH
June 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM
The Report to the Commander of Knight Regiment quest is given by the NPCs near the entrance of Thereall from Breezing Land.
You have to talk to the NPC to check if they have quests for you or not (the yellow "!" disappears when you're several levels above the quest's intended level but the quest can still be taken from the NPC).

To complete this quest, you will first have to complete the Switch Occupation (Job Change) quest which will require you to obtain "Proof of the Knight" from the Thereall Sewers.

AlehLH
June 16th, 2014, 01:56 PM
i did the second job change as soon as i could, yes.
and i was checking, i don't have the quest Report to the Commander of Knight Regiment complete.
if i'm not wrong, you get a ring from that one. i gave up on it because it kept giving me a null when i tried to complete.
and now i cannot take the quest.

thank you for replying, i'll see if i can do anything. if not.. another suba game i gave up on.

That's why then, you don't get the astrolabe quest until you finish the quest that gives the ring as reward. You should try again, it works after the second job change.

Tico3005Bv7jiSJ
June 16th, 2014, 06:06 PM
oh, i see. i didn't do that quest because i was receiving a null, and i noticed after reading your posts that it was the one i needed, but there was no mark. thank you very much for your help :3.

Shiono
June 17th, 2014, 03:50 AM
oh, i see. i didn't do that quest because i was receiving a null, and i noticed after reading your posts that it was the one i needed, but there was no mark. thank you very much for your help :3.

You get the astrolabe quest from NPC Thomas after you report the quest Report to the Commander of Knight Regiment.

Just like I previously said eheh. Yeah the quest is bugged, you can only report it after finishing the second job change.
Just like Yume said, even if there's no yellow "!" mark there, the quest is still there for you to accept. The yellow mark just means the quest is somewhat a quest around your level, so it's natural it didnt had a mark anymore since you are lv22 :)

ANYWAY, were you able to get the astrolabe quest now?

SultiiCool
June 30th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Delete the quest and tack it agine