PDA

View Full Version : Buffs can help on maturing?

SandalHat
July 30th, 2014, 08:45 AM
There is an interesting phenomenon that I have noticed while playing as an automech. I have matured a lot of bows and javelins for now and they both require critical hits to make the bar move. On several occasions I could swear that the last bit of the maturing bar came from me replenishing my buffs. At first I thought I was imagining things or that it must have been server lag, but now I am not so sure any more, since on some occasions there has been quite a considerable time gap after hitting a monster.

So my theory so far is that buffs (as in casting the buffs) can make the maturing bar move. Can anyone else vouch for this or should I consult a psychiatrist? :(

Llewella1983
July 30th, 2014, 11:30 AM
have seen that too on my ata :)

TheMasterMagician
July 30th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I think it's possible, something similar happens with the wands, when I use agony, the maturing bar up, but only at low levels.

Canon6D
July 31st, 2014, 10:46 PM
i think yes cause i used agony to mature before

SledgeXGamer
July 31st, 2014, 11:57 PM
i am no automech, but more of a hybridmech (leaning more to tankmech). when it comes to aging, i prefer not to use buffs. they block and absorb damage which are supposed to be critical hits to armor, shield, boots, brace, etc. to age them faster. as to your phenomenon, i am not sure. i have not experienced it or have seen it on my character, though, i'll try to recreate them to verify. that is absolutely interesting and fascinating to look at.

ResTLesSsSsSsSs
August 3rd, 2014, 07:40 AM
maybe u can refer to a psychiatrist bro :) jajajaja

SandalHat
August 3rd, 2014, 03:15 PM
maybe u can refer to a psychiatrist bro :) jajajaja

I'd totally recommend one but unfortunately he ended up in several different trashbags. But we don't think it's anyone's fault. We all agree it was an accident:)

Now, something more on topic: I started aging a new javelin from scratch and kept an eye on the maturing bar. It totally moves when I cast my buffs so at least I have confirmed this for myself now. It is still useless knowledge, since it is slow and mana consuming to mature this way. Just interesting to know something about the game's inner workings, nothing more.

MatthewSean
August 4th, 2014, 03:13 AM
There is an interesting phenomenon that I have noticed while playing as an automech. I have matured a lot of bows and javelins for now and they both require critical hits to make the bar move. On several occasions I could swear that the last bit of the maturing bar came from me replenishing my buffs. At first I thought I was imagining things or that it must have been server lag, but now I am not so sure any more, since on some occasions there has been quite a considerable time gap after hitting a monster.

So my theory so far is that buffs (as in casting the buffs) can make the maturing bar move. Can anyone else vouch for this or should I consult a psychiatrist? :(

this is TRUE, maturing my 108 weapons with my valor and HB with undead mobs very fast comparing to non- undead mobs

SandalwithoutHat
August 4th, 2014, 04:02 AM
this is TRUE, maturing my 108 weapons with my valor and HB with undead mobs very fast comparing to non- undead mobs

I don't think you get what I mean. My message was that you can mature without attacking mobs. You can mature just by clicking your buff - at least it works for mech (but it is a really-really slow way to mature).

SledgeXGamer
August 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
i am no automech, but more of a hybridmech (leaning more to tankmech). when it comes to aging, i prefer not to use buffs. they block and absorb damage which are supposed to be critical hits to armor, shield, boots, brace, etc. to age them faster. as to your phenomenon, i am not sure. i have not experienced it or have seen it on my character, though, i'll try to recreate them to verify. that is absolutely interesting and fascinating to look at.

Well, finally, it doesn't happen with my mech. done all the buffs and nothing. just wasted lots of time waiting for the buffs to end and try again. i don't know with other mechs.

Mercstyle
August 9th, 2014, 08:28 AM
If you are aging Javelins, why dont you cast and replace ES and Spark Shield at lv 1? Do it to 100% and you will have no delay to turn around.

SandalHat
August 9th, 2014, 09:49 AM
If you are aging Javelins, why dont you cast and replace ES and Spark Shield at lv 1? Do it to 100% and you will have no delay to turn around.

Not only that, for example, you can dismiss Automation and PE just by unwielding your weapon altogether (can be done by pressing W button and leaving your alternate slot empty). I suspect that it works on most, if not all weapon based buffs.