PDA

View Full Version : Side by Side Error on Launcher

Jamie76
August 14th, 2014, 11:38 AM
When I launch the Launcher, I receive the following error on screen:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I have used the sxstrace and this is the output:

Error Output Log (http://pastebin.com/NUAYP288)

I have tried reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ packages and that hasn't solved the issue. Any thoughts?

Foomps
August 14th, 2014, 12:11 PM
What's your specs and go to control panel > uninstall program and tell me what version is your .NET framework

Jamie76
August 14th, 2014, 12:34 PM
What's your specs and go to control panel > uninstall program and tell me what version is your .NET framework

I have installed the frameworks from 2.0 up to 4.0 and the redistributable packages from 2005 up to 2010. The error still occurs and in the application error log, there is no more or no less information. The output log provided above is a readable version of the error log in the application log.

The hardware:

i5 430M
8GB RAM
Radeon 4570
Windows 7 - Ultimate 64 bit.

Foomps
August 14th, 2014, 03:11 PM
make sure you have installed the lastest physx driver, Visual C++ and .NET framework

Foomps
August 14th, 2014, 03:12 PM
you can't open the launcher right?

Jamie76
August 14th, 2014, 03:39 PM
you can't open the launcher right?

I cannot open the launcher, when I do that is the error I get. I have updated my framework and my redistributables but the drivers would make no difference as the errors are runtime library related.

KiFastSystemCall
August 14th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Yes this is because the dev compiled this using MSVC2005 with /MD Runtime Library( MULTI-THREADED DLL ), this forces you to have the same compiler dependencies as the developer ( and trust me these are really old dependencies )..

According to the manifest file:

dependentAssembly>
<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC80.CRT" version="8.0.50727.6195" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
</dependentAssembly>

1- First check your installed programs if you have any "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" unninstall it( just the 2005's ).

2- The required version is 8.0.50727.6195 -> Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update from Official Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347) ( if you are on windows 8 you may have to install this using xp sp3 compatibility mode )

3-Profit.

-----
I noticed that they added msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll, mfc80u.dll from the executable import table to the folder but this effort was really poor, dont forget these modules have dependencies too, would be better if the devs change the compilation Runtime Library to /MT.

This whole story adapts to Physics library aswell.. you cant just copy modules that are required from the import table to the folder like that because these modules also have other dependencies.

Cheers.

Jamie76
August 14th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Yes this is because the dev compiled this using MSVC2005 with /MD Runtime Library( MULTI-THREADED DLL ), this forces you to have the same compiler dependencies as the developer ( and trust me these are really old dependencies )..

According to the manifest file:

1- First check your installed programs if you have any "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" unninstall it( just the 2005's ).

2- The required version is 8.0.50727.6195 -> Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update from Official Microsoft Download Center (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347) ( if you are on windows 8 you may have to install this using xp sp3 compatibility mode )

3-Profit.

-----
I noticed that they added msvcm80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr80.dll, mfc80u.dll from the executable import table to the folder but this effort was really poor, dont forget these modules have dependencies too, would be better if the devs change the compilation Runtime Library to /MT.

This whole story adapts to Physics library aswell.. you cant just copy modules that are required from the import table to the folder like that because these modules also have other dependencies.

Cheers.

Way ahead of you. I tried that by looking at the manifest and after that particular redistributable, nothing.

KiFastSystemCall
August 14th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Way ahead of you. I tried that by looking at the manifest and after that particular redistributable, nothing.

You need to download the X86 version of the link i pasted even if you are on a X64 machine( because the launcher architecture is X86 ), you may install both but i doubt you will ever need the X64 version of this runtime nowdays, just make sure the 3.5 that is triggering on ur registry is the version is 8.0.50727.6195( X86 ) not bellow or not above.

This solution worked for me on Windows 8.1 Pro X64.

Jamie76
August 15th, 2014, 02:00 AM
You need to download the X86 version of the link i pasted even if you are on a X64 machine( because the launcher architecture is X86 ), you may install both but i doubt you will ever need the X64 version of this runtime nowdays, just make sure the 3.5 that is triggering on ur registry is the version is 8.0.50727.6195( X86 ) not bellow or not above.

This solution worked for me on Windows 8.1 Pro X64.

Solved the issue. The installed value for the 8.0.50727.6195 wasn't correct. I uninstalled and reinstalled the mfc package and everything is fine. Thanks for the extra assistance.

Igramsveigp154M
August 15th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Have the same problem on W8 but i don't undestrand what the hell are u guys talking about :P

Igramsveigp154M
August 15th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Nevermind guys i fixed it , :) Helped a lot!