PDA

View Full Version : Endgame DPS Assassin Guide *OUTDATED*

Foomps
September 2nd, 2014, 09:30 PM
Guide for level 100+ and will teach you how to poop DPS out your buttbutt.

hi im foomps, if you're reading this then you're probably really cool and/or have a assassin character

Recommended stats for 108 gear

Str: Dump the rest of your points here
Spirit: 65 or lower if possible
Talent: 95 or lower if possible
Agility: 74 or lower if possible
Health: 22

Tier 1
- Max Dual Sword Mastery - who passes up free 31% dmg?
- Dump points into Soul Shock or Wisp after you maxed Blind - Soul Shock good for lategame, mob control and Wisp good for PvP and bosses.

Tier 2
- Max Alas - assassins have the lowest HP pool and needs to evade to stay alive

Tier 3
- Max Sore Sword (1v1, 2-hits) or Beat Up (small AoE from the target, 2-hits) - These 2 are your training skills, you won't use them much later on
- Max Blind - I have confirmed that the damage boost work for all attacks when the buff is active, doubles your total dmg!
- Dump the rest of your points in Attack Mastery (not sure if this skill is bugged)f

Tier 4
- Dump points into Critical Mastery after rank 5 Shadow Bomb and max Violence Stab- crits for days

Tier 5
- Max Storm - 320% (420% after patch 3175?) dmg at rank 10, 640% dmg with blind active, 4k dmg depending on your level and weapon
- Max Violence Stab - 2 hits, 220% (300% after patch 3175?) dmg per hit, each hit has a chance to crit, your main 1v1 skill.

Skill Rotations: Violence Stab and use Storm every time it is up

Skill Point Order

SP Guide
1. 1 point max in each Tier 1 skill
2. Max DualSword Mastery
3. 1 point max in each Tier 2 skill
4. Save all your SP until Tier 3
5. 1 point max in each Tier 3 skill
6. Max Sore Sword or Beat Up(don't rank past rank 6), choose one to be your main training skill
7. Max Blind
8. Max Alas
9. Max Soul Shock (22 seconds AoE stuns to monsters, this skill will let you 1v1 mobs in level 90+ maps) or Wisp (28% dmg reduction is good for boss fights and trolling pikes)
10. Max Weapon Mastery

EP Guide
1. 1 point max in each Tier 4 skills
2. Save EP until Tier 5
3. Max Violence Stab
4. Get rank 4 or 5 Shadow Bomb
5. Max Storm
6. Dump rest of your points in Critical Mastery

Extra Tips
- Make sure to do your side quests, at least up to Bitter Ordeal for those extra skill and stat points
- Buy succubus armor for extra abs and 200 HP!
- All other skills suck and is a waste of skill points, maxing Beat Up instead of Sore Sword is okay for leveling i guess, but you will want to skill reset after hitting 100
- Inpes is useless, it would still be useless if it had 30% atk speed boost at rank 10.

RainStar_Mech
September 2nd, 2014, 10:19 PM
Sweet thanks. Restating my Ass tonight. I couldn't play her as us with her current build. I like what you said about blind. Something I couldn't easily test myself.

LucasTran1987
September 2nd, 2014, 11:32 PM
@Foomps:

do you test:

- evasion of attack mastery is effect?
- and blind work for skills?

thanks.

Foomps
September 2nd, 2014, 11:41 PM
@Foomps:

do you test:

- evasion of attack mastery is effect?
- and blind work for skills?

thanks.

I tested Blind with Sore Sword/ Violence Kick/ Rising Slash/ Storm and they all got the 100% dmg boost

I'm not sure how to test the evasion from attack mastery since unless i can get 100% with attack mastery i would have to test for a long time and count the number of evade.

SpellmasterEX
September 3rd, 2014, 12:15 AM
best guide NA.

DAICAPI
September 3rd, 2014, 12:43 AM
GM Foomps please test the effect of Critical Mastery (Fatal mastery) too. I have tested and counted the critical hits many times and the results were too bad. :(

MirMirxCheri
September 3rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Cool thanks! I'm going to refer to this when I level up my assassin after i finish my atas goal :D

PoA-st4r
September 3rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
Yes, I also keep hearing in the ePT and bPT forums that critical mastery DOES not work, no matter how many points you put in it's bugged and doesn't improve crit chance, not for auto attacks or skills. Any ideas on this? I lvl'd my assasin 1-81 in a day during the 2x lol. then I was reading up about this and it made me :(:( so hard i went to shaman instead.

LucasTran1987
September 3rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
my build for level 7x-9x

STATS:

Strength: rest of your points
Spirit: 64
Talent: 90
Agility: 68
Health: 22 (base)

SKILLS

Tier 1:
- Dual Sword Mastery lvl 1 (i tested my ass lvl 70 using weapon 70, lvl 10 just higher than lvl 1 ~10 atk pow, i refer to use force orbs)

Tier 2:
- Max Alas

Tier 3:
- Apes lvl 7 (speed same lvl 10, skills is effect, but the problem is animation)
- Attack Mastery (rest of points)

Tier 4
- Max Critical Mastery

Foomps
September 4th, 2014, 12:25 AM
abused GM powers to sticky the thread

Cherious
September 5th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Foomps???

"Max Wisp (28% AoE damage reduction to monsters, this skill will let you stay alive in level 90+ maps)"

This skills is AOE? Please explain to me how it works, because when used, its animation is placed on a single target, and that target receives what seems to be a debuff for 15 seconds. (in the form of an aura placed below them)

Am I missing something...? I must be right...?

Also,
If you don't mind me asking, how did you run these tests on blind? What were you using, and was a force applied? You say you got the increased % in damage even with regular attacks? What level were you when you ran these tests, and was blind at level 10 during this time?

Also, were you using some sort of tools for these test?

AlfredcdarK4W08
September 10th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Scrubby question, what does EP and SP stand for? (in the context of EP Guide vs SP Guide)

Also, where could I find a list of all assassin weapons/armor?

Thanks in advance :)

SunnyZ
September 10th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Scrubby question, what does EP and SP stand for? (in the context of EP Guide vs SP Guide)

Also, where could I find a list of all assassin weapons/armor?

Thanks in advance :)

SP = Skill Points (Points assigned for yours skills Tier 1 to Tier 3)
EP = Elite Points (Points assigned for yours skills Tier 4 to Tier 5)

Information about Assassin weapons and armor can be found here: PristonWorld.com - The all-in-one PristonTale Information Website. (http://pristonworld.com/)

More specifically;
Dagger Information: PristonWorld.com - The all-in-one PristonTale Information Website. (http://pristonworld.com/EPT/stats-daggers.html)
Armor Information: PristonWorld.com - The all-in-one PristonTale Information Website. (http://pristonworld.com/EPT/stats-armors.html)

In both pages, make sure to select Assassin spec from the pull down menu in the top right of the page.

Foomps
September 10th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Foomps???

"Max Wisp (28% AoE damage reduction to monsters, this skill will let you stay alive in level 90+ maps)"

This skills is AOE? Please explain to me how it works, because when used, its animation is placed on a single target, and that target receives what seems to be a debuff for 15 seconds. (in the form of an aura placed below them)

Am I missing something...? I must be right...?

Also,
If you don't mind me asking, how did you run these tests on blind? What were you using, and was a force applied? You say you got the increased % in damage even with regular attacks? What level were you when you ran these tests, and was blind at level 10 during this time?

Also, were you using some sort of tools for these test?

I found out that Wisp wasn't AOE so i switched it out for Soul Shock which is AOE and stuns for 22sec (affected by monster CC reduction) at max rank

Blind was tested on my lv 130 assassin at rank 10. GM client has a combat log which shows us how much damage we do and I have confirmed that Blind rank 10 doubles all source of damage.

VnSainT
September 10th, 2014, 12:34 PM
I wish we can see our dmg log also...

Cherious
September 11th, 2014, 02:31 AM
I found out that Wisp wasn't AOE so i switched it out for Soul Shock which is AOE and stuns for 22sec (affected by monster CC reduction) at max rank

Blind was tested on my lv 130 assassin at rank 10. GM client has a combat log which shows us how much damage we do and I have confirmed that Blind rank 10 doubles all source of damage.

Ohh okay, thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I had already put some points into soul shock, can't underestimate that skill, especially if you have to solo alot. ^^

As always, if you typically play with certain people, there are always ways to bring out the best synergy in your group by training certain skills, so I believe there is always a use for otherwise underrated skills depending on how one typically plays and who they are playing with most of the time.

Props on the guide, serves as a good overview for people! :)

monz
October 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
6. Max Sore Sword or Beat Up(don't rank past rank 6), choose one to be your main training skill
Is there a reason why not to level past rank 6? Also does it apply to both skills or Beat Up only?

Another question, how does the damage bonus in the skill Blind works exactly? Is is similar to pikeman's vanish where the damage bonus only applies to the first hit, or is it a buff with a fixed duration?

Foomps
October 10th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Is there a reason why not to level past rank 6? Also does it apply to both skills or Beat Up only?

Another question, how does the damage bonus in the skill Blind works exactly? Is is similar to pikeman's vanish where the damage bonus only applies to the first hit, or is it a buff with a fixed duration?

beat up past rank 6 has delay, blind work like vanish but is currently bugged(i think) but the buff does not go away after the bonus dmg buff has been used

KittyPryde
October 10th, 2014, 01:02 AM
beat up past rank 6 has delay, blind work like vanish but is currently bugged(i think) but the buff does not go away after the bonus dmg buff has been used

Wait foomps, so blind only deals bonus dmg on the first hit? I thought you said it inc all the way throughout

Foomps
October 10th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Wait foomps, so blind only deals bonus dmg on the first hit? I thought you said it inc all the way throughout

that was a bug and has been fixed :(

monz
October 10th, 2014, 03:04 AM
That's disheartening to hear. I was hoping that Blind would increase damage throughout its duration and make assassins more feasible.

Without the Blind damage bonus, is the assassin still viable at hunting in high level maps? How does the damage compare to the other melee classes?

Foomps
October 10th, 2014, 03:49 AM
rank 10 violence stab is 1.5x more dps than rank 5 chain lancer with amp

Ivopt
October 10th, 2014, 06:49 AM
CL 6 has no delay...unless it has been changed?
I don't play my pikeman much but his CL is 6.
Oh btw has the DC(4) on opening wh been fixed?
My pikeman account was afflicted with that problem. :X

btw2 lol, I stopped playing my Assassin because
there was one skill which caused a dc when you
tried to assign a F-key to it, is that fixed?

Danny

Hashshashin1
October 10th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Extra Tips
- Make sure to do your side quests, at least up to Bitter Ordeal for those extra skill and stat points
- Buy succubus armor for extra abs and 200 HP!
- All other skills suck and is a waste of skill points, maxing Beat Up instead of Sore Sword is okay for leveling i guess, but you will want to skill reset after hitting 100
- Inpes is useless, it would still be useless if it had 30% atk speed boost at rank 10.

Foomps, can you explain in detail while Inpes is usless to an Assassin? To me it appears to be a self "AM" shaman buff, and should increase the numbers of attacks you can perform in a given time? - How does this suck if you get an extra 30% haste?

Thanks

Hashshashin

Foomps
October 10th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Foomps, can you explain in detail while Inpes is usless to an Assassin? To me it appears to be a self "AM" shaman buff, and should increase the numbers of attacks you can perform in a given time? - How does this suck if you get an extra 30% haste?

Thanks

Hashshashin

Inpes gives 15% more atk spd for AUTO ATTACKS ONLY at rank 10 and even if it got buffed to 30% it would still suck. Inpes does not affect any skills and even if it did it would be useless since the amount of skills you can spam on assa is bottlenecked by the skill's cooldown not the animation speed.

Ivopt
October 10th, 2014, 06:44 PM
OMG I still get game.exe error when I try to assign Beat Up to a function key :(

KroYfeL
October 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Can't have Beat Up on F2, but any other F key works.

KroYfeL
October 15th, 2014, 07:53 PM
that was a bug and has been fixed :(

So Blind only gives extra damage on the first hit after activating? I'm assuming the stealth portion of the skill still doesn't work. Is it still worth maxing this?

DemonHunter92
November 5th, 2014, 03:53 AM
bump up !

and how you think better use sore sword ( quicker ) or beat up ?

Vgames41500J8W0
March 10th, 2015, 11:07 PM
[GM]Foomps I was wondering since there has been so much updates and mistakes I'm wondering if u can make us another guide,since there are a lot of questions that can probably and easily be answered in the next updated guide!! :) THANK YOU in advance this will support me and many others,I think. :) :) :COOL:

SPjKEY18
April 30th, 2015, 11:41 PM

So blind skill is kinda useless especially when we got pheonix . hmm

Assassinpower
May 10th, 2015, 05:39 AM
I'm lvl 112 assassin, i tried all the skills 1 by 1, this is the best build for assassin 100+, if you do anything else you will just lower your dps.

USE SORE SWORD or BEAT UP To lvl your charc till you reach t5 violance stab.
After that you need to reset to this build.

1- Dual sword mastery lvl 10
2- Alas lvl 10
3- Attack mastery lvl 10
4- Inpes lvl 10 (15% speed on all your attacks+skills) you can use health pot faster (that's means you do 15% more dmg).
5- Blind lvl 9 (going for 10) (Blind works on the first hit ONLY) (i tested blind 765489 times) (ONLY FIRST HIT).
6- Fatal mastery lvl 10 (35% from fatal mastery+29% crit from the weapon) = 64% crit why not?
7- Violence stab lvl 10 (Your main skill)

IMPORTANT:

8- Shadow bomb: you need shadow bomb at lvl 5 till you reach lvl 105, this skill will help you lvl up fast in i1,i2.
when you reach lvl 105 restart it and use the points on Fatal mastery or violance stab.

Tier 4: Fatal mastery is the best the rest are useless
Tier 5: Shadow bomb till you reach lvl 105 // Violance stab (your main skill), the rest are useless.
Actually i have 4 EP and i don't need them +3 from 110 qiest that's 7 useless EP points for the assassin.
With total respect to all comments in the thread.
Good luck :))

Others:

9- Wisp (useless) only works on low lvl monsters (tried it on ET3 i get -300hp on each hit with or without it.
10- Soul Shock (useless) only works on low lvl monsters (you will stun LOC monsters for 1-2 sec with lvl 10 Soul Shock)

CongChuaNicghNgom
July 12th, 2015, 10:58 PM
Hi Sunny

I am not sure what going on but I try to put like f1 or f2 on my beat up skill. I get kick is that normal?

Erbse
July 13th, 2015, 02:46 AM
Hi Sunny

I am not sure what going on but I try to put like f1 or f2 on my beat up skill. I get kick is that normal?

It's a bug in the client. F3 works fine however.

miXtli
June 29th, 2016, 11:25 PM
It's a bug in the client. F3 works fine however.

still the bug? -.-

Michael0990
April 14th, 2019, 01:40 PM
nice guide. ty;)