PDA

View Full Version : shaman stats and skill guide for tanking/bosshunting

Bruce08KS
October 16th, 2014, 06:55 AM
ok so many ppl have asked how I can tank so well on a shaman so here is the guide

for a 110 shaman

ok first of all get your shaman some nice gear boss rings and Boss amulet
then buy a nice Vampire robe to fill subagames pockets

high aged gear is not that important as I'm using 105 subs all +11 (I will upgrade just cant afford to age at the moment)

ok so now you have your gear so lets look at stats

Strength you need enough to use your Gauntlets roughly 75-85
Spirit you need enough to use your Robe roughly 271-282
Talent you need enough to use your Phantom roughly 81-86
Agility you need enough to use your Boots roughly 80-85
Health is were you put everything else

and now skills

as shaman has very little attacking skills he relies heavily on his ability to TANK EVERY ATTACKING MOB and allow others to not even need to use HP pots

T1 skills
1st lv1
2nd lv1
3rd you can level if you want to it just slows mobs down useful but not needed if you want to use the points some were else
4th lv10

T2 skills
1st lv1
2nd lv1
3rd lv10 main Taunting skill basically all mobs in range will ONLY attack YOU no one else this skill does have a delay but use it as frequent as you can to capture as many mobs in range as possible then just run so they cant hit you then wait till your party starts to level you up or kill the Boss
4th lv1

T3 skills
1st lv10 adds 13 abs what's not to like
2nd lv1
3rd lv1 ok skill but time taken to cast and gain the HP from mobs allows them to kill you easy so kind of useless
4th lv10 now this skill has a stupidly long animation making it absolutely useless add to the stupidly long animation the skill deals poor damage compared to other classes

T4 skills
1st lv1 this is a pet sweet pet too but not enough points to use it and all the other cool T4 and T5 skills
2nd lv1
3rd lv10 main BUFF skill gives some classes boosted attack speed on some skills (however this skill does not actually work effectively on shamans as they have stupid long animations )
4th lv1

T5 skills
1st lv1 adds stamina and mana Kind of lame skill but had to add some crappy ones I guess
2nd lv1 nice skill but has a 3-4 sec delay so needs to be combined with other skills to be effective but there just isn't enough points
3rd lv1 nice skill but has a 5-7 sec delay so needs to be combined with other skills to be effective but there just isn't enough points
4th lv10 this skill ads 32% HP this will keep you alive wile you Taunt all the mobs and Bosses

now this is just one build of many possible as stated this will allow you to tank a lot but also its not just about TANKING as you use Taunt skill then run so you actually don't take much in the way of hits just run use Chasing Hunt and then run till next cast

who knows maybe in the future shamans will get some skill animation fixes but for now he is what he is and enjoy him

feel free to add if I have missed anything or if you discover something I have not seen as I do not play shaman as my main character (I wish he was 123 but I made my choice many years ago)

Nnoitra
October 16th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Make yourself legendary and add screenshots of every skill with description plz :)

Bruce08KS
October 16th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Make yourself legendary and add screenshots of every skill with description plz :)

sure ill do it later bed time now

TheTopNinja
October 16th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the write up Bruce!

RainStar_Mech
October 16th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks Bruce! I will try to play Shaman and Prs next Titan Event and see how that goes.
The write-up definitely helps Bruce! Good Job!

TheTopNinja
October 27th, 2014, 12:03 AM
just a thought, I know this guide is for boss hunting/tanker shaman builds, but just an alternative for skills in case anyone wants to do something slightly different. Since the 4th T1 skill only adds mp and the shaman already has a decent amount over 1000, I would suggest investing points in spiritual flare first (T2 skill 1), since it's an AOE and can be useful for training. amount of MP won't affect how well you tank anyway. Just a thought =)

Nnoitra
October 30th, 2014, 11:31 AM
So i just did T3 on my shaman and noticed the 1st skill doesnt decrease your mana like it says, weeeee :D

Bruce08KS
October 30th, 2014, 04:12 PM
So i just did T3 on my shaman and noticed the 1st skill doesnt decrease your mana like it says, weeeee :D

it will make no difference you wont use that much mana anyway as all the skills are slower than the regen

xaiightx
March 4th, 2015, 02:40 AM
it will make no difference you wont use that much mana anyway as all the skills are slower than the regen

not true, im useing the speed skill lvl 9 atm wich makes everything pretty fast.. or do you have some Pro regen? :-)

My extra mana skill works, i got 1400 mana.(im lvl 89)

ForceAta001
July 7th, 2015, 08:31 AM
I got Soul Menacla lvl10 for unlimited stun in 5sec duration and 5sec cooldown time. Try it to do duo Valento and you'll be afk while someone killing val.

KentR
August 1st, 2015, 08:23 PM
Can anybody confirm if Soul Manacle works on bosses? I tested Soul Manacle on SoD Bosses and it doesn't work. I doubt it will work on Valento or Kel.

Erbse
August 2nd, 2015, 01:15 AM
Don't expect any T1~3 skills to work reliably on high level mobs - let alone bosses.

T4~5 might work on high level mobs but still not necessarily bosses.

In the end: Don't expect anything (save for pull spells, such as mech's comp) to reliably work on bosses.

KentR
August 2nd, 2015, 07:25 AM
Tested Soul Manacle on I2 mobs and it works 9/10 times, tested on Ice 1/Ice 2 and it works 5/10 times. Have never worked on SoD or I2 bosses, though.

xaiightx
August 2nd, 2015, 09:14 AM
oh god... dont fall for this.. shaman is not good against high lvl mobs.. its a support character, trust me i tried everything.