PDA

View Full Version : KickStart My DOMO!

Tranzor
November 5th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Ladies & Gentleman,

May we proudly present to you the UNPRECEDENTED Kick Starter Campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mirror-revival

You can receive a variety of exclusive, Limited Edition items that you will never be able to get again, from permanent in-game items, to unique physical gifts.

I know it's not the news you were waiting for, but that won't be far off! DOMO will be published by us regardless of how we do on KickStarter, that campaign is for the sake of doing bigger and craaazier advertising!

Cheers,

GM Tranzor

FireaArt
November 5th, 2014, 10:13 PM
While this idea is a good one, the rewards are a bit lacking. Some suggestions of my own as well as what I've gathered from the facebook comments:

- Nurse Sara (Or an SE pet of your choice, in my opinion) for all 100$ + tiers
- All badges offered changed to 100% badges (Or maybe just for the 50 or 100+ tiers)
- Increase in awarded suba points (Just to make it a little more worth it. Many people are saying they'd rather just buy the suba points for their regular price than spend extra money to get not much else)
- ADD PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT OPTION. I'm sure there are many people of the fan base who want to donate but do not have credit cards (Like me!). This will broaden the range of who can donate and will surely get you more money.

Just some suggestions, I hope you consider them!

Matchamatsu
November 5th, 2014, 10:28 PM
^If there is any way you can add a paypal payment method a lot more will pledge. Most people I know use paypal.
People have already gone for $100 just for the tshirt, if nurse sara is added there will be a crazzyyyy amount of people starting with nurse at the beginning of the game, you guys don't want that trust me lol.
Anything else...the 50% badges is fine...vitamin A pills are useless....could replace those with public system announcements or fireworks even. But that is minor stuff...most important thing, paypal! (if possible)

Good effort on the kickstarter btw. this is getting a lot of people hyped for DOMO release. Especially with the crazy goal ideas. Purple pig outfit made me laugh. :awsum:

TashanX
November 5th, 2014, 11:25 PM
I agree with adding paypal as payment/donation method and adding Saras/SE Pet tokens/Timed HP/MP necklaces, etc. Those 50% badges are kinda lacking, it would be better if you add those with 100% ones.

I also suggest a separate forum for DOMO and Item Mall/Website ASAP!

LoIcatKumi
November 6th, 2014, 02:40 AM
I wanted to take a glance this morning but I got a 404 when I clicked on the link

(but I found it using the search function on kickstarter).

TrippyLogic
November 6th, 2014, 02:58 AM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/945211926/dream-of-mirror-revival

^ This link should work :P

8,000 dollar for a date xD

TokyoAngelSapphire
November 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I agree with the comments about with definitely adding Nurse/Student Saras(perm) to the Kickstarter. This will motivate many players to donate to the kickstarter because this will be a limited time period where people can only obtain it. (Aeriagames in the past abused this by spamming Saras in the Itemmall in the past which lead to an overflow of saras in the market). Public Announcement Consumables/75%-100% Exp Badges (with 1-3 month) durations. + Some Random Pupu that people can choose from should also be added since this Kickstarter revolves around pupus and also Exp badges plus some publicity in game for contributing to the Kickstarter.
-These are just some suggestions that hopefully you guys will take into consideration. Other than that, Domo arigato SUBAGAMES for bringing back such a beautiful, unforgettable, and satisfying game. The grind in this game was totally fun, I didn't even consider it as work or being bored with it because of the awesome teamwork gameplay that went on. I've played Domo for 5 years in the past and never thought that Domo would get it's revival again, but LO AND BEHOLD! Can't wait to put my heart and mind into playing again for the many years to come with Domo. May DOMO continue to be an everlasting dream for everyone to be together. -Bows-

-Oh before I go! ADD PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's essential to any crowd fundraising campaign and Kickstarter!

XuanWu
November 6th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Yup, PayPal please thanks. I wanna throw five hundo at this campaign but I'm at a loss as to how I'm going to manage that. I can't be splitting up funds between accounts and waiting till Dec 5 for it to be withdrawn. My primary method of payment isn't accepted but if it were PayPal I could set it up through PayPal and it would all be hunky dorry.

TokyoAngelSapphire
November 6th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Yup, PayPal please thanks. I wanna throw five hundo at this campaign but I'm at a loss as to how I'm going to manage that. I can't be splitting up funds between accounts and waiting till Dec 5 for it to be withdrawn. My primary method of payment isn't accepted but if it were PayPal I could set it up through PayPal and it would all be hunky dorry.

-Stuck in the same situation as you-

XuanWu
November 7th, 2014, 05:07 PM
-Stuck in the same situation as you-

Screw it. I just secured the extra funds and I'm gunna throw it in the separate account and sit on it for a month. Thanks GM Tranzor for your speedy solution to the problem Tokyo and I had. >_>

XuanWu
November 8th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I noticed an error in the rewards for the kickstarter. The picture depicts rewards that are not level specific, yet in the text it's changed to level specific. The rewards are already a robbery and I'm pledging out of love, but if those rewards really are level specific as the text states, then I'm definitely pulling my pledge.

So at the Legendary Benefactor level I expect to recieve:

-Legendary Benefactor tag
-150K Suba Points
-(2) 1 day of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-10 Vitamin A Pills
-1 week of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-Bigger Bag
-5 Flying Upgrade Stones, 10 evolution stones, 3 lucky saddles, 10 monster trapping mirrors
-15 days of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-Domo T-Shirt
-1 month of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-2nd Bigger Bag
-Custom Colored Mecha Wings Perm
-Golden colored, shiny Vermillion wings Perm
- Custom Colored Gas Mask to match Mecha Wings Perm
-Domo Hat
-Custom Colored Ninja outfit + Ninja Hat + Custom Colored Red Sci-Fi Eyeshade Perm (special predesigned set by developer)
-Custom Colored Flying Carpet Perm

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/846/689/4d1b18a7221d74ca3921302a574925de_large.jpg?1415035 393

Kirbychu
November 9th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Yea I'm not sure. Theoretically you should get everything you listed since that's what's on the picture thing (so I'm thinking maybe a typo on the side where it lists the pledges?). Personally I wouldn't spend more than $100 (and that's only cuz of the shirt) since all of the rewards are really not worth the money - also I'll be spending 100's upon 100's or even 1,000's of dollars on DOMO once it's released anyway.

DeidaraSama
November 9th, 2014, 08:54 PM
The rewards are beyond Underwhelming. I really wanted to contribute but it's not really worth it =(

XuanWu
November 10th, 2014, 02:16 AM
I pulled my pledge already. Didn't respond in over 24 hours on multiple platforms of communication. They don't care, I don't support. Simple.

JinxCat
November 10th, 2014, 02:53 AM
I pulled my pledge already. Didn't respond in over 24 hours on multiple platforms of communication. They don't care, I don't support. Simple.

I think you should give them at least 72 hrs possibly. All and all, I just hope they care about the game and keep it as bug free as possible.

DOMOAKFrost
November 10th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I think you should give them at least 72 hrs possibly. All and all, I just hope they care about the game and keep it as bug free as possible.

there's zero excuse to leave customers hanging. Even a personalized response requesting more time would be acceptable.

24 hours is too long already.

Xiaoming001
November 10th, 2014, 09:48 PM
there's zero excuse to leave customers hanging. Even a personalized response requesting more time would be acceptable.

24 hours is too long already.

this is unless they have no other work to do but just to rum domo. We love domo and we want to continue, i find that they have nothing concrete except promise. kickstart fund rose to a peak of 3500 from donation but drop to 2500 because of accountability. the damage is there.

But i just wanna say there is no overnight result. our friends from DOMO took pain across a few months to get their petition up. They are not paid and its all done in the name of love. Why can't we be patient because good things don't come just from the snip of the finger.

DOMOAKFrost
November 10th, 2014, 09:53 PM
this is unless they have no other work to do but just to rum domo. We love domo and we want to continue, i find that they have nothing concrete except promise. kickstart fund rose to a peak of 3500 from donation but drop to 2500 because of accountability. the damage is there.

But i just wanna say there is no overnight result. our friends from DOMO took pain across a few months to get their petition up. They are not paid and its all done in the name of love. Why can't we be patient because good things don't come just from the snip of the finger.

because suba is a company doing business with the public and therefore are expected to be professional.

LuLuNoir
November 11th, 2014, 11:07 PM
If I had a penny for every time I despised KickStarter....I could donate a million pennies to fund the DOMO campaign.

Kitemay
November 11th, 2014, 11:33 PM
While this idea is a good one, the rewards are a bit lacking. Some suggestions of my own as well as what I've gathered from the facebook comments:

- Nurse Sara (Or an SE pet of your choice, in my opinion) for all 100$ + tiers
- All badges offered changed to 100% badges (Or maybe just for the 50 or 100+ tiers)
- Increase in awarded suba points (Just to make it a little more worth it. Many people are saying they'd rather just buy the suba points for their regular price than spend extra money to get not much else)
- ADD PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT OPTION. I'm sure there are many people of the fan base who want to donate but do not have credit cards (Like me!). This will broaden the range of who can donate and will surely get you more money.

Just some suggestions, I hope you consider them!

i refuse to get a credit card for any reason.

DOMOAKFrost
November 12th, 2014, 01:31 AM
i refuse to get a credit card for any reason.

Paypal lets you use a bank account, unless you refuse to get that too.

Savven
November 12th, 2014, 01:32 AM
they replied to someone on the facebook page and
kickstarter doesnt accept paypal

Ghirahim
November 12th, 2014, 08:08 AM
(I already did a post on the discussion thread when I found out about the Kickstarter, didn't realize there was a Kickstarter thread, so here is my opinion on this Kickstarter.)

1. Make it clear where the money is going. "Advertising" is too vague.
2. Don't expect it to go viral, that's a terrible starting point.
3. Respect the people who want to donate with acceptable engagement & customer service.
4. I don't know if you can even change it now, but the stretch goals are not relevant. Nobody wants to see anything inflicted on an innocent pig or a bucket of insects on somebody's head. THEY WANT TO SEE ADVERTISING FOR DOMO.

I also have a big problem with the Psy stretch goal, because the way it comes across, you want to literally blow the entire budget on one performance, when people have donated for what they assume to be (because it hasn't been made clear) consistent advertising into the future. This comes back to my first point -- make it clear what the money will be spent on, in detail. And if you don't know? NO WAY SHOULD YOU HAVE STARTED A KICKSTARTER.

Asking for people's money isn't a light matter.

Mewie
November 12th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Yeah. The incentives are a bit lackluster, and the absence of Paypal payment options is off-putting. I look forward to seeing this succeeding, though!

FireaArt
November 13th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Keep in mind it isn't their fault Paypal isn't an option. It's Kickstarter that, for some reason, doesn't allow it.

BeyblademaF6y0e
November 19th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Hey I was way into Domo back when aeria games had it years ago. I tried to click on the kickstarter link when i heard about it coming back but its coming up with a 404 error saying the page is down/doesn't exist. BTW i just joined this site after hearing that they acquired Domo super excited for it to come back!

FireaArt
November 20th, 2014, 02:37 AM
I think their link isn't entirely working. Try this

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/945211926/dream-of-mirror-revival

LoIcatKumi
November 21st, 2014, 06:51 AM
I just though about one thing.

Are the items rewarded (the costumes mostly) will be tradeable?

I planned to share my reward with some friends that aim for some items but can't aford the level...

TheRealTangerine
November 21st, 2014, 07:09 AM
Whatcha thinking of buying me Kumi? :P

LoIcatKumi
November 21st, 2014, 07:10 AM
hmmm.... tasty! *o*

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 03:16 PM
Donated :)

Rutella
November 26th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Im going to donate (at least enough to get the shirt), but I really really wish there were more physical items especially since this money isnt needed to get the game up and that much isnt needed for advertising (Did Aeria have to advertise? Most MMOs dont)

Where is this money going? I mean a Pupu plush shouldnt be out of the question

Tranzor
November 26th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Hey, sorry for not replying, I'm the MAT + Steam related GM(among a few other duties). Giving away physical items is more expensive than you would think, and most kickstarter campaigns give you physical goods at high donation levels if any at all.

There is another issue involving physical goods: The vast majority of companies that make plushies and things of that nature, will either charge you a lot to make 1 custom designed toy, or they expect you to order like 1000 quantities(which is then cheaper, but you still have a 1000 toys to somehow sell).

And yes, Kickstarter doesn't accept paypal so that's not anything we can control.

You can reach me at www.google.com/+GMTranzor. It's much faster than using the forums. Please note though that I am not the DOMO GM, so when the game launches I may not be able to assist you with specific game issues(depends on whether I get trained in handling DOMO or not).

As an example, the custom figurine at the 750$ level is actually pretty expensive to make, so for the person who would go for the 1000$ level they would get that + the backpack which will also be fairly costly(it's not some random crappy backpack, I will be buying one for myself). Then there is the cost of covering the expenses related to our insane advertising plans tied with KickStarter.

As far as "normal" advertising goes, that will be done anyways, the pig and the spiders are separate promotional ideas from that. The world of advertising is crazy and you never know what will work, but generally speaking "shocking" ideas tend to get noticed.

GM Tranzor

Tranzor
November 26th, 2014, 08:50 PM
This will be a separate reply.

I noticed an error in the rewards for the kickstarter. The picture depicts rewards that are not level specific, yet in the text it's changed to level specific. The rewards are already a robbery and I'm pledging out of love, but if those rewards really are level specific as the text states, then I'm definitely pulling my pledge.

So at the Legendary Benefactor level I expect to recieve:

-Legendary Benefactor tag
-150K Suba Points
-(2) 1 day of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-10 Vitamin A Pills
-1 week of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-Bigger Bag
-5 Flying Upgrade Stones, 10 evolution stones, 3 lucky saddles, 10 monster trapping mirrors
-15 days of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-Domo T-Shirt
-1 month of Baby Bonus Booster Badge
-2nd Bigger Bag
-Custom Colored Mecha Wings Perm
-Golden colored, shiny Vermillion wings Perm
- Custom Colored Gas Mask to match Mecha Wings Perm
-Domo Hat
-Custom Colored Ninja outfit + Ninja Hat + Custom Colored Red Sci-Fi Eyeshade Perm (special predesigned set by developer)
-Custom Colored Flying Carpet Perm

At the 1000$ level you will get:

1$ reward package
Two expansion bags
10 Vitamin Pills
5 flying upgrade stones, 10 evolution stones, 3 lucky saddles, 10 monster trapping mirrors.
DOMO T-Shirt
DOMO HAT
1 month baby bonus booster package
Custom Colored Mecha Wings
Golden Colored Vermillion Wings
Custom Colored Gas Mask
Custom Colored Flying Carpet
Custom Colored Ninja Gear from the 500$ level
8 Inch tall custom figurine of a character from DOMO
A small monument placed somewhere in the game, it will be visible(the small monuments will be one in each of the different regions, not in cities).
You get to name one NPC in the game
300 000 Suba Points
Custom Designed DOMO backpack(a physical item that we will ship to you).
Legendary Benefactor Tag.

The 1500$ level would be the same things except:

1. You would get 350 000 Suba Points instead of 300 000.
2. You would get a large monument in one of the cities in the game instead of the small monument.
3. You would still get to name 1 NPC(not two)
4. You would also get the Custom Angel Helmet and Custom Thunder God's Wings.

As someone very familiar with kickstarter, I can honestly say that is a lot of stuff to give away.

GM

Tranzor

KuronekoK
November 26th, 2014, 09:18 PM
For those of you asking for a paypal option, have you ever considered buying a prepaid VISA gift card with your cash? There might be a fee involved, but you can reload it and use it like a credit card. Some places you use it will ask for a pin number, which they don't use...just put it through as a credit instead of a debit. It isn't credit, so I'm pretty sure it's legal for minors to use safely.

LadyOkamia
November 26th, 2014, 09:31 PM
This will be a separate reply.

At the 1000$ level you will get:

1$ reward package
Two expansion bags
10 Vitamin Pills
5 flying upgrade stones, 10 evolution stones, 3 lucky saddles, 10 monster trapping mirrors.
DOMO T-Shirt
DOMO HAT
1 month baby bonus booster package
Custom Colored Mecha Wings
Golden Colored Vermillion Wings
Custom Colored Gas Mask
Custom Colored Flying Carpet
Custom Colored Ninja Gear from the 500$ level
8 Inch tall custom figurine of a character from DOMO
A small monument placed somewhere in the game, it will be visible(the small monuments will be one in each of the different regions, not in cities).
You get to name one NPC in the game
300 000 Suba Points
Custom Designed DOMO backpack(a physical item that we will ship to you).
Legendary Benefactor Tag.

The 1500$ level would be the same things except:

1. You would get 350 000 Suba Points instead of 300 000.
2. You would get a large monument in one of the cities in the game instead of the small monument.
3. You would still get to name 1 NPC(not two)
4. You would also get the Custom Angel Helmet and Custom Thunder God's Wings.

As someone very familiar with kickstarter, I can honestly say that is a lot of stuff to give away.

GM

Tranzor

If I was a rich girl I would totally Donate 1,500 just because Domo is my favorite game but since 2010 money has been a big issue Dx! But all I can do to support this it to tell everyone about it and hope they donate in my place.

Tranzor
November 26th, 2014, 09:42 PM
If I was a rich girl I would totally Donate 1,500 just because Domo is my favorite game but since 2010 money has been a big issue Dx! But all I can do to support this it to tell everyone about it and hope they donate in my place.

Don't worry, I ran into the same problem with a game that I wanted to donate to a few years ago. It was near the same pledge level.

GM Tranzor

LuLuNoir
November 26th, 2014, 09:42 PM
I wonder why they even decided to give out hats and t shirts.
I would of rather got to jump out of the plane with the pig.

Tranzor
November 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Hahaha, the plane jump will be handled by professionals, sorry :P.

GM Tranzor

Puppeh
November 26th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Much as I would like to donate I lost my job not long ago plus I already spent $2,000 on the liver version back on Aeria so donating even more money is sketchy...I've lost way to many MMO's within a short time frame and lost well voer $4,000-5,000 in games....If I had the money though I wouldn't mind throwing $25-50 but the rest of the cash I'd be saving for a Nurse SE sara probably gonna be the only thing imma spend money on for the time being....Hope I can find a new job and save up money before they do an SE Nurse Sara event >_<

LoIcatKumi
November 27th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Hahaha, the plane jump will be handled by professionals, sorry :P.

GM Tranzor

*jumps on GM*

I already asked but my message got lost in the middle of the thread.
Will be the costumes tradeable.
I planned to share my reward with some old friends.
:p

FrozenBeer
November 27th, 2014, 12:33 PM
*jumps on GM*

I already asked but my message got lost in the middle of the thread.
Will be the costumes tradeable.
I planned to share my reward with some old friends.
:p

i also would like to know that :COOL:

Tranzor
November 27th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Hi, I don't have an answer for that but I will mention it to the team. The request sounds very reasonable.

GM Tranzor

LadyinSpades
November 29th, 2014, 06:29 AM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/eba3d5c9f385519f62a483aca70bff45/tumblr_mvtqir1Ti81srx76ro1_500.gif

AstroticApple
December 3rd, 2014, 07:21 PM
If I had $8,000, I would donate all of it to help out the kickstart. It would also be a great chance to meet with the crew and see how the DOMO project was doing. The major benefit is, I could get private messages from all of the DOMO lovers who noticed slight glitches with the game in areas and I could ask or tell the team to help fix some changes.

MystikAssassin
December 6th, 2014, 05:40 PM
I can't wait! I am so stoked to see how amazing DoMO will be now that it is in good hands! Don't let me down Suba!!

DeikaBabe
December 18th, 2014, 05:02 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! How could I miss this kickstarter campaign? Was just a random search to show a friend and found DoMO!
I cant wait. Thank you guys so much!

Viar
December 20th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Great !!! Dream Of Mirror Online. I Will Say No More, I LOVE THIS GAME And i Will play it

XiangLungFuHu
December 24th, 2014, 08:53 PM
when the Game start ??????

XiangLungFuHu
December 24th, 2014, 09:00 PM
cant wait,...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AlisGelida
January 17th, 2015, 05:20 AM
Uhm... sorry for the the new bie question, but where can I download the game?

Gambachi
January 17th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Uhm... sorry for the the new bie question, but where can I download the game?

Its not out yet. Closed Beta will start sometime between now and the 8th of February, for which you will need a Beta key. Beta Keys will be given out on SUBA's partner sites. (Possibly sites like MMOhut, MMOsite and others like that).
I'm not sure how downloading the client will be handled as no official word has been given on that yet but presumably it will give instructions and a link to it when you get the beta key.

AlisGelida
January 18th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Its not out yet. Closed Beta will start sometime between now and the 8th of February, for which you will need a Beta key. Beta Keys will be given out on SUBA's partner sites. (Possibly sites like MMOhut, MMOsite and others like that).
I'm not sure how downloading the client will be handled as no official word has been given on that yet but presumably it will give instructions and a link to it when you get the beta key.

Thanks for the infos, it's similar to the old Bounty Hounds Online CBT system.

Hieilovercat
February 2nd, 2015, 07:40 AM
I hope I'll be able to get a beta key so I can play asap, I miss playing Domo. I was there near the begining of the old one.

ChallengerAhri
February 3rd, 2015, 10:24 AM
Head down to the domo section of the forums where the link for cb keys are given. There is more than enough to go around.

AndreaY
February 4th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Any Kickstarter donor will receive its own beta key. Be sure to keep current your kickstart account email.