PDA

View Full Version : Game Info!

KratosDOT
November 14th, 2014, 04:31 PM
So I've been super hyped about this ever since I found out it was coming back, and so I've been searching through my memories to remember everything about this beautiful game. Anyone who wants to post about their own efficient things in game, or remind people of the things that could be done, like sneaking into the upstairs of the Eversun Inn, and the hole in the wall in Darkdale. Even party formations, and builds if you'd like. Also, the DoMO wikia is still up, so if people are curious about jobs, or even some guides on builds, they're still up there! Enjoy everyone!

-Kratos. From Onyx, Aeria DoMO

NautX
November 14th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I would like to remind people of the chaos of the NYM and why its advised to not open new years gifts in Eversun north or south. Unless of course you want to see GMs fending off like 8 of em at one time. In fact, I DO advise people to open them near Eversun. That ish was cash.

Carecrow
November 14th, 2014, 05:07 PM
So I've been super hyped about this ever since I found out it was coming back, and so I've been searching through my memories to remember everything about this beautiful game. Anyone who wants to post about their own efficient things in game, or remind people of the things that could be done, like sneaking into the upstairs of the Eversun Inn, and the hole in the wall in Darkdale. Even party formations, and builds if you'd like. Also, the DoMO wikia is still up, so if people are curious about jobs, or even some guides on builds, they're still up there! Enjoy everyone!

-Kratos. From Onyx, Aeria DoMO

Pretty sure most of those guides aren't still up there, because they're linked to aeria posts.

KratosDOT
November 14th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Urgh you're right! But the wikia does have recommended stat allocations for jobs still!

Agiantnotepad
November 14th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Urgh you're right! But the wikia does have recommended stat allocations for jobs still!

I am pretty sure there will be guides outs written by older players so don't worry ^^.

ArabPikachu
November 14th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Thank you Subagames for bringing the DOMO family together again!

KratosDOT
November 14th, 2014, 06:28 PM
There is no worry in mind, I would personally write guides myself :P

Gambachi
November 14th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I had a sweet Wiz/doc/dancer thingy build back in the old Domo. Can't for life of me remember what the set up was. Hopefully it will come back to me once I start playing again.

Virdandi
November 14th, 2014, 08:53 PM
One of the things I remember most about DOMO was the party fails. You know, when you have a Doc who is trying to sub Doc on their Merc or something and they didn't have the right stats so they ran out of MP in 5 seconds and everyone died. Or when you have a Merc who forgot to bring extra armor with them and everything breaks and everyone dies. Yeaaaaah. Even though they were fails, sometimes those moments were just as fun as when a party was successful. Unless you were just having a bad day and weren't in the mood for dealing with it. XD

DOMOAKFrost
November 14th, 2014, 08:57 PM
All the info I have is still alive on my site, mostly.

Biddykins
November 14th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Since I solo'd a lot during DOMO, I never really did get the party fails that often. ; n ; Then again, I played when I was going through my teenage angst years. So, I'll be relearning a lot. But at least this time my RL friend and I will be on the same server. Whoo!

Also, if anyone is looking for guides for DOMO, I managed to run across this little thing: Here (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=3) I don't know how much I'll be using it, but I do know some of the guides are from the old Aeria forum and were just copied over to this one.

FlitosTheScum
November 14th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I really want to try hunter aspd build.

with thief & blademaster (fight to win or die skill FTW!) as sub... and hope can beat pure magic user lol

Carecrow
November 14th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I really want to try hunter aspd build.

with thief & blademaster (fight to win or die skill FTW!) as sub... and hope can beat pure magic user lol

Why wouldn't you use Blademaster main?

FlitosTheScum
November 14th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Why wouldn't you use Blademaster main?

well.. it works too, but it kinda cool using bow lol

LadyOkamia
November 14th, 2014, 09:14 PM
If you wish to make some money in this game remember Customer Service is the key =)!

Aradias
November 14th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I always found it amusing when you'd get one of the cup size quests from the eversun elder and have to ask random people their character's breast size lol

Kirbychu
November 14th, 2014, 11:45 PM
They really need a New Player Help or Guides section of the DOMO forums rather than just General Discussion for people to post guides in. But I'm all for sharing my DOMO knowledge to anyone who's new to the game (or a bit rusty). I'm planning to make a guild actually for just that (I'll be posting a recruiting thread in due time - once I'm sure no one else is taking the name first).

It's definitely been said that classes like merc/bm/ma/thief/hunter/etc. shouldn't be subbing doc or muse, but I'm also on the mindset they shouldn't be subbing aoe's either. Classes like that are best suited to tanking or pulling (and tanking ONLY if they are statted correctly - 2 dura 1 agi is best for this IMHO) and while they CAN be played as aoe classes with say fencer or dancer (or God forbid wiz) subs, it is not recommended as their magic attack increase per wis point isn't going to be as much as say if it were on wiz/sham/wd/muse/doc/fencer/dancer.

For people wanting to level classes like bm/thief/hunter/ma, pulling is gonna be the way to go unless you have a high level merc and can sub tank on them (and out of all those, thief and ma are the best sub tanks). Now pulling isn't for everyone, but if you go buy a Beginner's Bow from the NPC in the Summoning Pool, it will make your life a whole lot easier as a puller (I've known many-a-puller who didn't bother to buy one for whatever reason). Arrows aren't expensive either (just 1g a piece) and you'll find many people will donate arrows to pullers in need. Soloing is also an option, though one people tend to frown upon in this game for their own reasons (I personally am in full support of soloing as a viable playstyle in this game).

What we veteran players need to try and remember is that this is not Aeria DOMO. There likely will be changes (some of which we may not like or agree with), and we will just need to trust that Suba is going to do things in the best interest of DOMO and its community.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in game!

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 12:12 AM
They really need a New Player Help or Guides section of the DOMO forums rather than just General Discussion for people to post guides in. But I'm all for sharing my DOMO knowledge to anyone who's new to the game (or a bit rusty). I'm planning to make a guild actually for just that (I'll be posting a recruiting thread in due time - once I'm sure no one else is taking the name first).

It's definitely been said that classes like merc/bm/ma/thief/hunter/etc. shouldn't be subbing doc or muse, but I'm also on the mindset they shouldn't be subbing aoe's either. Classes like that are best suited to tanking or pulling (and tanking ONLY if they are statted correctly - 2 dura 1 agi is best for this IMHO) and while they CAN be played as aoe classes with say fencer or dancer (or God forbid wiz) subs, it is not recommended as their magic attack increase per wis point isn't going to be as much as say if it were on wiz/sham/wd/muse/doc/fencer/dancer.

For people wanting to level classes like bm/thief/hunter/ma, pulling is gonna be the way to go unless you have a high level merc and can sub tank on them (and out of all those, thief and ma are the best sub tanks). Now pulling isn't for everyone, but if you go buy a Beginner's Bow from the NPC in the Summoning Pool, it will make your life a whole lot easier as a puller (I've known many-a-puller who didn't bother to buy one for whatever reason). Arrows aren't expensive either (just 1g a piece) and you'll find many people will donate arrows to pullers in need. Soloing is also an option, though one people tend to frown upon in this game for their own reasons (I personally am in full support of soloing as a viable playstyle in this game).

What we veteran players need to try and remember is that this is not Aeria DOMO. There likely will be changes (some of which we may not like or agree with), and we will just need to trust that Suba is going to do things in the best interest of DOMO and its community.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in game!

If you mean every job shouldn't try to play party doc, sure, otherwise, why would you go anywhere without heals and/or buffs?

Again, you have to be specific with what "muse" means, because every job can pet muse fine.

Fencer/Dancer AoEs are also known to work on every job. Yes, there's penalties, but it's not enough to make it not a valid choice.

Zoraidal
November 15th, 2014, 01:21 AM
For me, learning the difference in job types and which armors/weapons/skills etc.. worked best on different monsters was an important part of leveling/questing.. etc. For example.. I did much better wearing dance wear/robes going against the FBOPs and LA against MBOPs. Plus knowing the job types of monsters would make a difference in attacks etc. Rats in FFC were dancers (iirc) and so had high evade. Accuracy was key there.

Aradias
November 15th, 2014, 01:29 AM
I wonder what the economy will be like in this new domo. Though we really can't find out until we see what items are put up on the item mall/prices/etc. I just hope materials don't get lowballed as much as I found they did in IC domo.

Kirbychu
November 15th, 2014, 02:19 AM
If you mean every job shouldn't try to play party doc, sure, otherwise, why would you go anywhere without heals and/or buffs?

Again, you have to be specific with what "muse" means, because every job can pet muse fine.

Fencer/Dancer AoEs are also known to work on every job. Yes, there's penalties, but it's not enough to make it not a valid choice.

I was talking about doc and muse in regards to aoe parties - since that is the most common way to level. Obviously subbing heals or pet songs when you're soloing (or JIC) is good, but if you're anything but a magic user trying to sub full doc and heal a party by yourself...you're gonna have issues. Likewise if you're trying to be a party muse - sure it's doable but not even barely. And while you physically CAN sub fencer and dancer aoes on other jobs, its not gonna be as good as if you subbed them on magic jobs (like wiz/sham/wd or doc/muse). While fencer and dancer both use a little physical attack in their aoes, their main damage still comes from wis bonus, and not to mention you're gonna want a large mp pool when aoeing (or you'll be sitting more than actually fighting). And even IF you build your bm/hunter/thief/etc. as almost pure wis, its still not as good as the aforementioned magic classes.

It all comes down to "who would you rather have in your party?" The blademaster subbing dancer aoes? Or the shaman subbing fencer aoes? Obviously you'd pick the shaman.

Also note: subbing ONLY the different dances (flaming foxtrot and river rumba) does not make you an "aoe". Can't tell you how many times I've seen people try to pass themselves off as one just cuz they have those (most of the time at level 1 -.-).

LuLuNoir
November 15th, 2014, 02:28 AM
I guess the best info I can share out of my own experience would be level doctor first....so you can always heal yourself.

Then if you want to aoe I'd say level wizard then shaman and get the equip wand and use that to level doctor or muse.

But to each his/her own. There are no wrong play styles! I always encourage ppl to think out of the box and do what you want to do.

There's no sense in cookie cutting your character.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 02:31 AM
While fencer and dancer both use a little physical attack in their aoes, their main damage still comes from wis bonus.

I found power more effective than wisdom for dancer aoes

LuLuNoir
November 15th, 2014, 02:34 AM
I found power more effective than wisdom for dancer aoes

When I built my dancer I chose to go more agi than wis/power. I got hit less which was always a plus to aoeing.

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 02:49 AM
I was talking about doc and muse in regards to aoe parties - since that is the most common way to level. Obviously subbing heals or pet songs when you're soloing (or JIC) is good, but if you're anything but a magic user trying to sub full doc and heal a party by yourself...you're gonna have issues. Likewise if you're trying to be a party muse - sure it's doable but not even barely. And while you physically CAN sub fencer and dancer aoes on other jobs, its not gonna be as good as if you subbed them on magic jobs (like wiz/sham/wd or doc/muse). While fencer and dancer both use a little physical attack in their aoes, their main damage still comes from wis bonus, and not to mention you're gonna want a large mp pool when aoeing (or you'll be sitting more than actually fighting). And even IF you build your bm/hunter/thief/etc. as almost pure wis, its still not as good as the aforementioned magic classes.

It all comes down to "who would you rather have in your party?" The blademaster subbing dancer aoes? Or the shaman subbing fencer aoes? Obviously you'd pick the shaman.

Also note: subbing ONLY the different dances (flaming foxtrot and river rumba) does not make you an "aoe". Can't tell you how many times I've seen people try to pass themselves off as one just cuz they have those (most of the time at level 1 -.-).

I think you're confusing something here.

Yes, a wizard with a sword is more likely to do better than, say, a merc with a sword, but fencer aoe is one of those things where the wizard's edge isn't enough to make a difference that matters. Your physical attacker will be able to DPS fine, and the wizard will probably be told to knock it down a little so the tank can keep aggro. Fencer AoE is also cheap enough that TT + Inner Magic is good enough to keep it going constantly.

Dancer is a different animal. When people talk about dancer AoEs, they mean fan, and fan aoes are all physical damage, meaning, contrary to your claim, physical jobs are better than mages at it. That doesn't mean mages can't pull it off, and TW players did it almost by policy.

Me? I find dance steps to be a bit too useful, which is why I went fencer so I can skip a reskill.

mages healing is going to be slightly problematic, since they'll have to be using both slots for doc assuming a less than competent tank, but with a good tank you can just do croakus and forms. Frog soups should be all you need to keep that guy up and running.

KratosDOT
November 15th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I played muse a looooot way back, so then after I had maxed muse I subbed to doc, because healing was too stressful for me. After this, what I would do was sub muse on to my aoe classes (wiz, shaman, fencer, dancer) so that I wouldn't have to rely on the other muses mana regen and therefore the mana could go to someone who needs it. I'd transfuse myself, or the doc if the muse couldn't handle it and it just makes partying a lot easier! Don't get me wrong, support classes are awesome, and doc is a great class, but the doc was always to blame if someone was to die, even though sometimes a random crit happens and your tank dies.

LeThoor
November 15th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Greetings,
Yes, the wiki is up to date, I have been using it while playing on the Chinese realms, and the builds sure are up to date aswell.

-Thoor

Kirbychu
November 15th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I think you're confusing something here.
It's possible...I get confused about a lot of things.

Yes, a wizard with a sword is more likely to do better than, say, a merc with a sword, but fencer aoe is one of those things where the wizard's edge isn't enough to make a difference that matters. Your physical attacker will be able to DPS fine, and the wizard will probably be told to knock it down a little so the tank can keep aggro. Fencer AoE is also cheap enough that TT + Inner Magic is good enough to keep it going constantly.
You can't sub both TT + Inner + Fencer aoes, so you'd be taking a TT probably from the doc or tank who actually needs it more. If you're not built pure wis your mana pool can't handle it, and if you ARE built pure wis, you'd for one have to restat if you ever planned to be anything other than an aoe, and for two you still wouldn't be as good as a caster...it does make a difference and it is noticeable. That's why you hardly ever see those physical classes being an aoe. I'm not saying you NEVER do, because some people just really don't like pulling or soloing, but it is not very common. I've aoe'd on a full wis hunter with fencer aoes (I hated pulling), and my damage was crap compared to when I subbed them on my shaman with the same build. I'm not saying "don't ever do this cuz you will suck", I'm just saying I advise people to either solo these classes or suck it up and pull (mostly the latter because we need pullers!).

Dancer is a different animal. When people talk about dancer AoEs, they mean fan, and fan aoes are all physical damage, meaning, contrary to your claim, physical jobs are better than mages at it. That doesn't mean mages can't pull it off, and TW players did it almost by policy.
When I talk about dancer aoes, I talk about all of them. When I sub dancer I'm subbing both trees. Flaming foxtrot and river rumba are both magic-based, and putting stats into wis (for most classes at least) does increase your physical attack so that it helps with those fan aoes. If you get those different dances high enough (and have enough wis) they can do some really nice damage when coupled with that debuff your ferocious fandango gives. I sub different dances not just for those but also for mating dance - which is always appreciated by those without inner or at lower levels.

mages healing is going to be slightly problematic, since they'll have to be using both slots for doc assuming a less than competent tank, but with a good tank you can just do croakus and forms. Frog soups should be all you need to keep that guy up and running.
I'm not seeing the problem with subbing both trees while subbing full doc. What else are you going to sub? Inner will take care of your mp and when it gets low your muse should be fusing you. And if you have a bad tank it doesn't matter if you're subbing doc or ARE an actual doc, you are gonna have issues. Also FLS is a huge waste of frogs and not a recommendation for new people just starting out because frogs are EXPENSIVE (unless you farm them which takes forever).

Sorry I don't mean to be argumentative, and you make some good points. But these are just my opinions and recommendations, not definitive and irrefutable facts about the game.

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 04:24 PM
You can't sub both TT + Inner + Fencer aoes, so you'd be taking a TT probably from the doc or tank who actually needs it more. If you're not built pure wis your mana pool can't handle it, and if you ARE built pure wis, you'd for one have to restat if you ever planned to be anything other than an aoe, and for two you still wouldn't be as good as a caster...it does make a difference and it is noticeable. That's why you hardly ever see those physical classes being an aoe. I'm not saying you NEVER do, because some people just really don't like pulling or soloing, but it is not very common. I've aoe'd on a full wis hunter with fencer aoes (I hated pulling), and my damage was crap compared to when I subbed them on my shaman with the same build. I'm not saying "don't ever do this cuz you will suck", I'm just saying I advise people to either solo these classes or suck it up and pull (mostly the latter because we need pullers!).

I don't think I've ever heard of the tank needing fuse if he brought IM like he's supposed to, even if he's agi mocking. Doctor, same thing. If he's going to be spamming greater healing, he'll pull aggro and die.

In any case, wizard can't keep aoes up without fuse either, so I don't really see what the big deal is with requiring you to fuse your AoE.

Damage, I don't know what kind of damage you're expecting, but my full agi hunter was dealing a little over 1k at 30 per aoe, which is more than enough at that level. Any more and you risk overaggroing.

When I talk about dancer aoes, I talk about all of them. When I sub dancer I'm subbing both trees. Flaming foxtrot and river rumba are both magic-based, and putting stats into wis (for most classes at least) does increase your physical attack so that it helps with those fan aoes. If you get those different dances high enough (and have enough wis) they can do some really nice damage when coupled with that debuff your ferocious fandango gives. I sub different dances not just for those but also for mating dance - which is always appreciated by those without inner or at lower levels.

That's... really extreme. Leaving aside from the fact that you probably can't afford to skill all of them, especially if you're going with equip fan, why would you bother doing both if you know one's physical and the other's magic? When people dub dancer, it's fan or diff, never both.

I'd go further and say I've never seen any job sub both active slots of another job effectively. For the most part, builds tend to be heavy in one branch or the other anyways.

I'm not seeing the problem with subbing both trees while subbing full doc. What else are you going to sub? Inner will take care of your mp and when it gets low your muse should be fusing you. And if you have a bad tank it doesn't matter if you're subbing doc or ARE an actual doc, you are gonna have issues. Also FLS is a huge waste of frogs and not a recommendation for new people just starting out because frogs are EXPENSIVE (unless you farm them which takes forever).

Forms, for one. Your tank shouldn't be the one that's worrying about buffs while keeping the mock cycle up.

You can also bring different dances, specifically beastial boogie/mating dance, both of which are significantly more useful than medical treatment.

As for FLS, it has a 16 sec CD. Even if you were to spam it as it goes up (which you shouldn't because you'll draw aggro), it boils down to 1.2k an hour. This is a pittance if you're going to be thinking about subbing doctor on mages, because that implies 50+ doctor at least. (15 points in equip syringe, and actual levels on your skills).

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Forms, for one. Your tank shouldn't be the one that's worrying about buffs while keeping the mock cycle up.

Co-coordinating those 2 skills is tricky!

Kirbychu
November 15th, 2014, 07:08 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of the tank needing fuse if he brought IM like he's supposed to, even if he's agi mocking. Doctor, same thing. If he's going to be spamming greater healing, he'll pull aggro and die.
You must be lucky. I've seen many tanks run out of mp (mostly the ones who don't have inner). And doctors when they're buffing use a LOT of their mp and at low levels (grotto and lower) constantly need to be fused after buffing the party. If you've never seen a tank or doc that needs a fuse in all your DOMO playing, I consider you to be one lucky guy.

I'd go further and say I've never seen any job sub both active slots of another job effectively. For the most part, builds tend to be heavy in one branch or the other anyways.
This is not true. At least not for me. I've seen plenty of dancers sub both trees effectively on other jobs (granted their dancer was really high level so the skill points arent an issue at that point). If you're subbing only the fan dances you only have 2 aoes...2 aoes with really long cooldowns. That would not make you an effective aoe unless you are also using your class's aoes as well (which for jobs like thief and hunter are just bad aoes and not worth the points). You need at least 3-4 high-damage aoes in order to (in my opinion) qualify as an effective aoe.

I have never in my years of playing DOMO seen a doctor use merc forms. The only time I've seen anyone else use merc forms besides the tank it was because the tank was subbing and wanted to sub doc or something instead of full merc. The tank is perfectly capable of using forms and ww/mock without any issues at all. I've never met a merc who couldn't. Tanking is brain-dead easy in this game, and keeping 2 buffs up is not even remotely difficult for anyone even half paying attention.

Anyways I'm done arguing. There is no 100% right way to play DOMO, and no matter what you do there will always be someone out there who does it different.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Subbing only fan dancing + another class is much more effective than subbing both dancer trees. If you're subbing different dances just for those 2 trash aoes + mating dance, it means you're probably wisdom spec :. not getting the most out of fan dancing.

Forms is the best sub slot for doc, after musical magic in most cases. If the tank isn't merc main, it's more efficient for them to sub ax attacks + medical treatment than both merc trees.

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I would like to remind people of the chaos of the NYM and why its advised to not open new years gifts in Eversun north or south. Unless of course you want to see GMs fending off like 8 of em at one time. In fact, I DO advise people to open them near Eversun. That ish was cash.

Would just like to post these screenies as evidence to me and Kashy trotting across Grassgreen Square and running into at least 20 NYM that some kindly soul had spawned.

Duo'd them all. No saras. No necklaces. Only awesomeness.

(Then again, that's Innocence for you.)

http://i60.tinypic.com/ju8xes.jpg

ArabPikachu
November 15th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Would just like to post these screenies as evidence to me and Kashy trotting across Grassgreen Square and running into at least 20 NYM that some kindly soul had spawned.

Duo'd them all. No saras. No necklaces. Only awesomeness.

(Then again, that's Innocence for you.)

http://i60.tinypic.com/ju8xes.jpg

All these photos.
The nostalgia is killing me.
Everyday I grow happier knowing we are one day closer to playing our beloved DOMO.

KratosDOT
November 18th, 2014, 09:08 PM
The hype is soooooo real!