PDA

View Full Version : So according to this article ...

TheRealTangerine
November 15th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Dream of Mirror Online Launches Unusual Kickstarter - MMOGames.com (http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/36865/dream-mirror-online-launches-unusual-kickstarter/)

It says, you will update 5 times in the first year. Are these new updates never seen on an english speaking version? Or patches catching your clients up to what Aeria/Gametribe offered? I hope the former.

Seeing as you already advertise the game as having the marriage system and treasure hunts implemented (which were kinda late into the patch schedules we had on GT ...Treasure Hunt being after Babel if I recall.)

I'm hoping for "new" content? >.<

LadyOkamia
November 15th, 2014, 05:34 AM
That kickstarter is so godlike I wonder if someone would actually donate more then 1,ooo dollors.

Skyish
November 15th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I actually expected people to donate a lot of money, and not for the sake of DOMO, but just to see PSY performing something like this, and I'm not even talking about people who want to play DOMO and kinda like PSY, but rather some crazy diehard PSY fans, I'm sure there are some that would pay for this.

As I was writing this, a devious plan emerges in my head. Everyone please, follow these steps:

- Locate a Korean music fan community and/or PSY fan community and register
- Post the DOMO kickstarter link in there
- ????
- Profit!!

LoIcatKumi
November 15th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Skyish, you are evil :)

Vanland
November 15th, 2014, 09:37 AM
I just hope that they don't implement everything at once .. would be kind of overwhelming. A level cap of 45~50 with East Sea Plain/Hell as 'final' areas could be great, for starters .. no need to rush and release everything as soon as possible.

SeekingKnowledge
November 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I actually expected people to donate a lot of money, and not for the sake of DOMO, but just to see PSY performing something like this, and I'm not even talking about people who want to play DOMO and kinda like PSY, but rather some crazy diehard PSY fans, I'm sure there are some that would pay for this.

As I was writing this, a devious plan emerges in my head. Everyone please, follow these steps:

- Locate a Korean music fan community and/or PSY fan community and register
- Post the DOMO kickstarter link in there
- ????
- Profit!!

Devilish plan ... I LOVE IT!!

MrHikadaToYou
November 15th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I just hope that they don't implement everything at once .. would be kind of overwhelming. A level cap of 45~50 with East Sea Plain/Hell as 'final' areas could be great, for starters .. no need to rush and release everything as soon as possible.

Agreed, mostly because I always thought TGT was fun as, well, hell. Not to mention a slower release of content will keep peoples interest for longer.

RionMagnusRequiel
November 15th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Personally if it's the "New Content" starting from where Aeria left off... Kind of hoping that eventually a "Player House" feature gets added. Guild Cottage is cool and all but a personal character home would be neat too :P

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 12:55 PM

Maybe with an artificial lower cap and areas closed, sure.

But they shouldn't do the babel skillpatch again.

Kirbychu
November 15th, 2014, 03:01 PM
I definitely agree they shouldn't start where Aeria left off in terms of content released (at least the zones and level caps - I'm fine with marriage system and in-game events being in there from the start). We shouldn't have bigbeam or dragon's den or babel right at release and the level cap I would say 50 at the most would be perfectly fine for just starting out. Even if the updates they give us aren't "new" to some of us, it will be new to the new players, and it will give us something to look forward to and keep people interested.

5 updates over the course of a year sounds great - and hopefully they can keep that up in the years to come! I just hope Softstar steps their game up and starts releasing new content faster than they currently are (I don't even remember the last time there was a big update for IC version - though tbh I haven't played it lately). Otherwise we'll be stuck at the same point where we were when Aeria ran it - waiting for new content from the devs. When it was made clear we weren't going to be getting an update in the near future, many people left for other games. I really hope this doesn't happen again. It's all up to Softstar I guess.

LeThoor
November 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Greetings,
In my opinion I think it would be best to start of where Aeria left it, and after some time has passed keep the updates coming regularly.
I think this way we would get to know and remember the game once again and get used to how things used to be, however it would be awesome with some new cool updates coming, but after a little while.

-Thoor

TheRealTangerine
November 15th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I definitely agree they shouldn't start where Aeria left off in terms of content released (at least the zones and level caps - I'm fine with marriage system and in-game events being in there from the start). We shouldn't have bigbeam or dragon's den or babel right at release and the level cap I would say 50 at the most would be perfectly fine for just starting out. Even if the updates they give us aren't "new" to some of us, it will be new to the new players, and it will give us something to look forward to and keep people interested.

5 updates over the course of a year sounds great - and hopefully they can keep that up in the years to come! I just hope Softstar steps their game up and starts releasing new content faster than they currently are (I don't even remember the last time there was a big update for IC version - though tbh I haven't played it lately). Otherwise we'll be stuck at the same point where we were when Aeria ran it - waiting for new content from the devs. When it was made clear we weren't going to be getting an update in the near future, many people left for other games. I really hope this doesn't happen again. It's all up to Softstar I guess.

That's the thing, 5 updates for DOMO is alot to promise. This is partly because of the lack of updates on the native version it self. Unless I'm totally missing that Suba has got some wierd exclusive rights or something (which I seriously doubt)

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 04:37 PM
That's the thing, 5 updates for DOMO is alot to promise. This is partly because of the lack of updates on the native version it self. Unless I'm totally missing that Suba has got some wierd exclusive rights or something (which I seriously doubt)

If they did a full restart, 5 major content updates would be.... ESP foggy den babel bigbeam, so entirely doable in a year.

Miradora
November 15th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I compiled a list of the major content updates HK Domo received according to the patch notes on their site, so it might be something similar to what they did for that server.

HK Domo Content Update History (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131)

The update order seems a little on the bizarre side in places though.. apparently HLA Alchemy didn't come out until 2 months after Bigbeam on there. They also made the cap higher before releasing the effective maps for leveling that high, so if they did that, leveling to 60 in TGT or leveling to 60 or 65 on Bigbeam bonefish and mushrooms could be a thing. Probably a good way to keep people from capping too fast, though.

Skyish
November 16th, 2014, 12:53 AM
I compiled a list of the major content updates HK Domo received according to the patch notes on their site, so it might be something similar to what they did for that server.

HK Domo Content Update History (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=131)

The update order seems a little on the bizarre side in places though.. apparently HLA Alchemy didn't come out until 2 months after Bigbeam on there. They also made the cap higher before releasing the effective maps for leveling that high, so if they did that, leveling to 60 in TGT or leveling to 60 or 65 on Bigbeam bonefish and mushrooms could be a thing. Probably a good way to keep people from capping too fast, though.

Interesting. I just hope they will have all the classes out on the release, because I wanted Witch Doctor to be my main class. However, I would like if the level cap was increased slowly, starting from maybe 50, and then being raised up. I don't know if it's a possibility for them to release content in a different way than originally, but I'm hoping that they can, and will.

GameGrave
November 16th, 2014, 12:57 AM
That kickstarter is so godlike I wonder if someone would actually donate more then 1,ooo dollors.

I actually want to donate $1000 im saving up hopefully i'll have enough when kickstarter is about to end

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 12:59 AM
I actually want to donate $1000 im saving up hopefully i'll have enough when kickstarter is about to end

Thank you :)!!!

GameGrave
November 16th, 2014, 01:12 AM
don't thank me just yet i might just have to settle with 500 or 750....minimum wage is such a drag XD;;;

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Hey at least you are donating XD.
And 750$ is still a lot! A LOT.

GameGrave
November 16th, 2014, 01:19 AM
i really want the statue lol

GameGrave
November 16th, 2014, 01:21 AM
also it'd be so cool if i was known as the guy who donated the most XD

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 01:21 AM
i really want the statue lol

Well I think you can get the small statue for 1,500.
Otherwise you can get the large one for 8,000.

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 01:23 AM

60 on TGT was done before, purely by leeching. Supposed to have taken 11-12 hours for the last or last two levels.

A part me of thinks they shouldn't be doing that crap again, but eh, probably wouldn't stop anybody if they did anyways.

GameGrave
November 16th, 2014, 01:24 AM
I meant the 8" real life statue

CloudMamori
November 16th, 2014, 03:19 AM

the side column tells you how many pledges for which tier happened. nobody's done 1000 yet but there are a few 100 to 750's

BlightBoy17
November 16th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Because they are giving flying upgrade stone as reward in kickstarter i thought they will start at level 60 cap at least , unless they don't know anything about the flying stone level requirement.

Kitemay
November 16th, 2014, 12:14 PM

aside from the classes i NEED wd for my team build XD

LilKizuna
November 16th, 2014, 05:19 PM
To be honest I wouldn't have a problem if we had a level cap of 60-65. Helps me level everything evenly and enjoy most of the content while I'm waiting on future content. Patience is a virtue my friend.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 05:34 PM
They should start off the level cap at 50.
Slowly raise the cap to 55, 60, 65, 70 so on.
This way it can insure the longevity of a players stay.

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Personally if it's the "New Content" starting from where Aeria left off... Kind of hoping that eventually a "Player House" feature gets added. Guild Cottage is cool and all but a personal character home would be neat too :P

That would be awesome. It'd give Suba an excuse to add more items to the IM (Item Mall) that have stuff for the players to customize their homes and whatnot. Which would give more revenue cause alot of people love this option. Maybe even choose the location to put such a house to be left up to the player?

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Are they even still developing new content for Domo? If so is there any where that has the latest patch notes in English? Not that it is the best idea to get hopes up about new content for our version but still, I can dream.

EnochP
November 18th, 2014, 09:26 AM
That would be awesome. It'd give Suba an excuse to add more items to the IM (Item Mall) that have stuff for the players to customize their homes and whatnot. Which would give more revenue cause alot of people love this option. Maybe even choose the location to put such a house to be left up to the player?

Would we have the option to break and enter other players homes to steal their TV and defecate on their carpet? This is very important to me

CloudMamori
November 18th, 2014, 10:01 AM

my house would look like the trashy house in suburbia, there'd be garbage on my lawn. My windows would be caked over with dirt like an abandoned horror film house.

the inside would be spotless though

NyappyAlisu
November 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I REALLY hope that suba won't start from the content that aeria had at the end. After GT closed, I wondered how spoilt people were on aeria, with all the (perm) saras and cash items that i felt GT DOMO being more social until the end. You actually depended on other people when doing raids, not as in aeria: you needed like 2-3 peple at the end. I'm actually looking foward to be all "nooby" again.

Plus - agree with others here - slow updates might keep more people playing over time.

EnochP
November 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I REALLY hope that suba won't start from the content that aeria had at the end. After GT closed, I wondered how spoilt people were on aeria, with all the (perm) saras and cash items that i felt GT DOMO being more social until the end. You actually depended on other people when doing raids, not as in aeria: you needed like 2-3 peple at the end. I'm actually looking foward to be all "nooby" again.

Plus - agree with others here - slow updates might keep more people playing over time.

I like the idea of holding back costumes too. releasing all at once would make a weird market. Making some (Like the tux) more exclusive because they where stopped being sold was cool. Like a new costume a week would be good, and take them out the IM after a month to give them an "exclusive" feel

TheRealTangerine
November 18th, 2014, 10:26 AM

Everything was a rarity on GT, we didn't level in the way Aeria did either with puller and tank and such, we just levelled in groups regardless of composition. I really had a much more social experience in Pupu than I did Onyx. But its a waiting game now to see how social this will be :D

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Would we have the option to break and enter other players homes to steal their TV and defecate on their carpet? This is very important to me

LOL! xDD I wouldn't get your hopes up on that bit.

my house would look like the trashy house in suburbia, there'd be garbage on my lawn. My windows would be caked over with dirt like an abandoned horror film house.

the inside would be spotless though

o,..,o Perhaps Suba would give multiple styles if they ever decided to implement player houses? Mix and match! Buhahaha!!

DOMOAKFrost
November 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Are they even still developing new content for Domo? If so is there any where that has the latest patch notes in English? Not that it is the best idea to get hopes up about new content for our version but still, I can dream.

they did release chapter 8 of the MQ.

sadly, I've found zero info about it.

Miradora
November 18th, 2014, 07:33 PM
they did release chapter 8 of the MQ.

sadly, I've found zero info about it.

That's probably because they only released part of chapter 8.. hero side is exactly one brief cutscene in Darkdale, while Beast side at least gets to go into Nomad cave (which is empty) but there's not much meat to either of them yet. :( I screenshotted all of the dialogs for the hero side scene if you want to see it, but it doesn't seem too interesting. IIRC The quest to get into Nomad Cave involves farming 99 Divine Handbells.

http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00000542.png

I think they planned to continue it further and release Thunderbog Tower (and were building some hype around these on the fb page), but not long after that their facebook page went silent and the 'real' updates slowed down.. probably they moved the devs they had working on it to other projects. The last big round of updates was not long after HK Domo came out.. so hopefully this new server gives them a reason to continue along with what they started.

https://www.facebook.com/DomoFreeOnline

There were some minor updates near the end of this summer that showed a sign of somebody still working on it, and IC still gets all the seasonal patches, but I imagine what staff they have assigned to domo are dealing with this server atm.

DOMOAKFrost
November 18th, 2014, 08:32 PM
That's probably because they only released part of chapter 8.. hero side is exactly one brief cutscene in Darkdale, while Beast side at least gets to go into Nomad cave (which is empty) but there's not much meat to either of them yet. :( I screenshotted all of the dialogs for the hero side scene if you want to see it, but it doesn't seem too interesting. IIRC The quest to get into Nomad Cave involves farming 99 Divine Handbells.

http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/dump/00000542.png

I think they planned to continue it further and release Thunderbog Tower (and were building some hype around these on the fb page), but not long after that their facebook page went silent and the 'real' updates slowed down.. probably they moved the devs they had working on it to other projects. The last big round of updates was not long after HK Domo came out.. so hopefully this new server gives them a reason to continue along with what they started.

https://www.facebook.com/DomoFreeOnline

There were some minor updates near the end of this summer that showed a sign of somebody still working on it, and IC still gets all the seasonal patches, but I imagine what staff they have assigned to domo are dealing with this server atm.

thunderbog is the last major location from the original game so i suppose it makes sense.

but man, talk about halfassed.