PDA

View Full Version : Solo Training or Team Training?

ArabPikachu
November 15th, 2014, 04:08 PM
There has been a lot of debate of whether Subagames should ban soloist items such as Hp necklaces and Mp pendants and Sara's.

Whats your take on it? Do you prefer solo training or team training ?

~ArabSuperman

KratosDOT
November 15th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I don't think they should be 'banned' or taken out, as that would anger a large crowd of players, though I myself prefer team leveling. It is time consuming, and does require coordination to a certain extent, but the socializing is fun, and ultimately, I think everyone should team level at least once. Don't knock it till you try it! Same thing with soloing!

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I don't think they should be 'banned' or taken out, as that would anger a large crowd of players, though I myself prefer team leveling. It is time consuming, and does require coordination to a certain extent, but the socializing is fun, and ultimately, I think everyone should team level at least once. Don't knock it till you try it! Same thing with soloing!

I've always done small parties of two or three. And no, I don't use necks or saras or any of these other things people swear they "need" to solo level.

Honestly, I don't mind if they ban necklaces completely, though for their wallet's sake, they probably won't.

TheRealTangerine
November 15th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I've soloed, duoed, trioed and full teamed in Domo without necklaces and saras, and I plan to do the same again. It depends which of my friends and the amount of my friends who are online at the same time I am, that dictates how I level. Im flexible <3

Henryfenty
November 15th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Solo train for items, might be faster when got the right subs.
Full team till 50. After 50 solo/duo/trio DDen and on?

Gambachi
November 15th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Was never rich enough to get my hands on a Nurse Sara. :'(

Seriously though, Like said above, where there is money to be made, they will most likely keep them in. Doesn't matter though, they are a niche purchase. There will always be parties to join. Let them do their thing while we do ours.

FadeDragon
November 15th, 2014, 04:47 PM
HP and MP necks benefit teamplay just as much as solo, so that isn't the issue with those items. What the perceived problem is mostly is that a low level/low class player with a Sara, necklace, or a buncha scapes can do a lot more a lot more quickly than a player without.

What the actual problem is, is if they release a small amount of perm Saras for the entire server, its basically a middle-finger to everyone else. If they release a large amount we basically have no game due to everyone being a pre-raid-level god. I'd say for the preservation of the longevity of the game you would want to avoid releasing any easily exploitable perm items, and keep a firm cap on the amount of exploitable consumables and timed items.

TLDR; I am against any form of gameplay affecting items that are Non-timed or Non-expiring. Slap a timer on it and we're cool.

That being said, I've always used a combination of solo,duo and team, all methods have their own benefits at certain points of the game.

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Ban? What the- WHY?

If you plan on levelling as a team, then go for it, but do NOT try to impede other people's joy in however they prefer to play the game. If you don't want to use timed boosting items, don't. Who are you to decide on what's kosher when it comes to levelling anyway? Let people have fun and enjoy the game however they see fit.

I doubt SubaGames are going to remove a cash item because of a fraction of the community's whiny views.

http://i59.tinypic.com/1pbcqp.jpg

Superstarstrike
November 15th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Saras aren't that big of a problem especially if you don't include nurse.
Necklackes were infamous for a bug that never got fixed.

I've partied and soloed with and without these things. My conclusion is that if they are really that big of a hassle, then nerf them and fix the necklace bug.

LeThoor
November 15th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Greetings,
I really don't think they should ban those kind of items, as everyone has their personal favorite aspect of the game, for example some like hanging around half the days in Eversun, while some like partying with others and ofcourse we have a third kind of people in the game, those who like to solo.
Im one of the solo people mostly, though it can be awesome to kill some casks with a cuple of other players aswell.
With that being said, I really don't think they should ban those kind of items due to all those kind of aspects of the game and as a side note as someone else also mentioned, it would be very bad for the "cash flow".

-Thoor

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 05:17 PM
...it would be very bad for the "cash flow".-Thoor

^^^^^ This.

DoMO may be FTP, but the servers cost money as well as the game license. This faux-act of being all high and mighty bothers me to no end, as if using cash items is somehow underhanded. Newsflash: The cash items are what fund the game. No matter how nice the GMs are, they work for a company, and companies need revenue. Why is this such a hard concept to grasp?

Aradias
November 15th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah, item malls are extremely important to ftp mmos, without them the games unfortunately wouldn't be able to run. So, like others have said just let people do what they want and appreciate that they don't mind spending money to keep the game running.

Livipo
November 15th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Personally it never bothered me to pay for some things, because they were pretty cool and they made the game richer for me. But honestly, I never NEEDED them to play, and that's what I always liked abut this game. There was always a choice.. There was no such thing as not really being able to lvl because you couldn't find a team or didn't have a Nurse Sara. There was always a way, and you could always get to that next level. If not on that higher level job then on another one. Leveling up new jobs was always the fun part(I think), there were always people/teams and the leveling wasn't too slow :P

But then again.. I was never one of those who needed to get all jobs to the top. The goal was to have fun.

I would mostly solo, because I didn't want to rely on others to lvl(less ppl online when I was, bc of timezone), and I didn't need to. I joined a party when I wanted to or if someone needed me. No matter how many teammates I had, I could always do something. Or better yet, I could no nothing at all and hang out in EC :P

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 05:58 PM
If they absolutely had to add the necklaces in then I'd recommend they use the small non-timed(aka non-refillable) ones and make them expensive. That way the item can be a spent quickly as a luxury item.

People will be having so much buyers remorse lel

PS: I still think necklaces should be junked.

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 05:59 PM
As mentioned, necklaces don't allow you to solo, they allow you do things that are unrealistic without them, e.g. soloing raids. Realistically if you're soloing without a sara/necklaces you'd need to sub hp/mp generating skills (or at least devote skill points to them if your main class has access to them), so having necklaces usually frees up an entire sub slot and makes leveling much more efficient than without necklaces.

There are plenty of other cash shop items that aren't as game-breaking. Pills, job necklaces, scapegoats etc. If there aren't necklaces, people will spend on the next best thing, like they did pre-necklaces on Aeria.

LadyOkamia
November 15th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Eh. I always partied with a team untill I got a nice sub to go with my dancer. Then I pretty much soloed untill someone wanted to play with me XD! And I never had a Nurse Sara but I had a regular one XD! And I think both ways are fun ^^! I prefer parties due to the fact I get bored playing alone.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:04 PM
If they absolutely had to add the necklaces in then I'd recommend they use the small non-timed(aka non-refillable) ones and make them expensive. That way the item can be a spent quickly as a luxury item.

People will be having so much buyers remorse lel

PS: I still think necklaces should be junked.

~Lil_Kizuna

Those still last forever at low levels because you have small hp/mp pools. If they refuse to scrap necklaces entirely, I'd rather Softstar removed the concept of MP. But since that is also unlikely - permanent necklaces for everyone (blanket easymode, but even-ish playing field) would be better than making the game THAT pay2win

ArtemisX
November 15th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I tended to follow the pattern of teaming from level 15-49/50 and then moved on to solo'ing or forming small groups from 50+.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:10 PM
I tended to follow the pattern of teaming from level 15-49/50 and then moved on to solo'ing or forming small groups from 50+.

That will be the trend regardless of the necklace outcome, mostly because of map design. Pre-dragon's den you could find areas with high mob density that made aoeing effective. In DDen and Babel the most efficient mobs to grind at were spaced out and had pretty long respawn times.

ArtemisX
November 15th, 2014, 06:16 PM
That will be the trend regardless of the necklace outcome, mostly because of map design. Pre-dragon's den you could find areas with high mob density that made aoeing effective. In DDen and Babel the most efficient mobs to grind at were spaced out and had pretty long respawn times.

Yes I figured as much. It worked quite well before so there is no reason why the trend wouldn't be revived again.

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Those still last forever at low levels because you have small hp/mp pools. If they refuse to scrap necklaces entirely, I'd rather Softstar removed the concept of MP. But since that is also unlikely - permanent necklaces for everyone (blanket easymode, but even-ish playing field) would be better than making the game THAT pay2win
Yeah I know but at higher levels these things go away in minutes especially in raids. If they made each necklace cost about $100+ just for a normal one I'd be less annoyed than if they gave it to buyer as a gift in a promotion for only $50 to qualify.

If people wanna spend $1000 just for 10 hrs of invincibility I say go for it~

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah I know but at higher levels these things go away in minutes especially in raids. If they made each necklace cost about $100+ just for a normal one I'd be less annoyed than if they gave it to buyer as a gift in a promotion for only $50 to qualify.

If people wanna spend $1000 just for 10 hrs of invincibility I say go for it~

~Lil_Kizuna

They'd save them to MVP raids with probably - at least I would. The MP one lasted much longer than the HP unless you were wizard or something.

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 06:29 PM
This game is not "pay to win", it's free to play, pay if you want. Most of the cash items are cosmetic anyway.

You cannot argue away this point: Money is necessary in order to keep the servers going.

If you do not want to pay, don't.

BUT.

Do NOT rag on the people who DO, for they are the ones who keep the game getting updated.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:33 PM
This game is not "pay to win", it's free to play, pay if you want. Most of the cash items are cosmetic anyway.

You cannot argue away this point: Money is necessary in order to keep the servers going.

If you do not want to pay, don't.

BUT.

Do NOT rag on the people who DO, for they are the ones who keep the game getting updated.

What part of spending real money to receive god mode isn't pay to win?

Nobody is arguing money isn't necessary to keep the servers going. But they could probably manage without destroying any sort of balance in the game with those 1-2 items.

GreatBlue
November 15th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I enjoy both soloing or teaming, depending on my class and mood.

As for saras and necklaces, I don't really care. I think they're excessive (especially necklaces), but if they're included, I'll use them.

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 06:39 PM
What part of spending real money to receive god mode isn't pay to win?

Nobody is arguing money isn't necessary to keep the servers going. But they could probably manage without destroying the balance with those 1-2 items.

There is no god mode in DoMO. If you don't look after your Sara, it'll die. The bugged necklaces were BUGGED. That's not the fault of the item, the fault lies with the developing company.

It's not the fault of the producing company (GT, AG), it's the fault of the developer. The producing company can get back to Softstar about the faulty items, but other than that there's very little they can do about the matter.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM
There is no god mode in DoMO. If you don't look after your Sara, it'll die. The bugged necklaces were BUGGED. That's not the fault of the item, the fault lies with the developing company.

It's not the fault of the producing company (GT, AG), it's the fault of the developer. The producing company can get back to Softstar about the faulty items, but other than that there's very little they can do about the matter.

When refillable necklaces were released it was stated as a "feature". Regardless, the non-refillable ones act in the exact same way. You can use several of them and have the same effect, you basically can't die if you rotate hp necklaces and you have unlimited mp.

The hosting company isn't forced to release every item the developer dreams up, just because it's there.

I find saras tolerable. I was referring to necklaces.

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 06:51 PM
The hosting company isn't forced to release every item the developer dreams up, just because it's there.

You don't have to buy it just because it's there, either. Go ahead and have fun judging people, you must be a riot in parties. ;P

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:53 PM
You don't have to buy it just because it's there, either. Go ahead and have fun judging people, you must be a riot in parties. ;P

This game is not "pay to win", it's free to play, pay if you want.

Well done, you basically defined DOMO as pay to win.

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM

Objection! There is a god mode...

Me and anonymous baka duo Black Widow's Lair raid.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/Kizuna7/00000249_zpsb412e3ed.png
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/Kizuna7/00000247_zpse29427ae.pnghttp://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/Kizuna7/00000256_zps7df204ed.png

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Translation: jail buff (invinicible, unable to deal damage) + fati without enough DPS to kill Widow?

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Well done, you basically defined DOMO as pay to win.

No, I really didn't.

Pay if you want =/= pay to win. The game is 100% playable w/o using any cash items. That's what FTP is.

My point is: people who want to use cash items should be allowed to do so without others scrutinizing them unnecessarily. It's profitable for the game producers, as well as for all of the game community in the long run.

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Translation: jail buff (invinicible, unable to deal damage) + fati without enough DPS to kill Widow?

EXPOSED xD darrrnnn you loose lips Crow.

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 07:07 PM
No, I really didn't.

Pay if you want =/= pay to win. The game is 100% playable w/o using any cash items. That's what FTP is.

My point is: people who want to use cash items should be allowed to do so without others scrutinizing them unnecessarily. It's profitable for the game producers, as well as for all of the game community in the long run.

Derp. Obviously the game is free to play, but these items make it unbalanced.

Free to play = can play at a basic level for free
Pay to play = required to pay to play the game at all
Pay to win = pay real money (even if game is free to play) to give yourself a ridiculous advantage

I'm not scrutinizing players that choose to use these broken cash shop items - I choose to myself. Just think it's bad for the game to have that choice in the first place.

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Pay to win = pay real money (even if game is free to play) to give yourself a ridiculous advantage

Herp. Pay to win = the only way of playing the game past a certain point is by paying money, which doesn't apply DoMO.

The game is already balanced because everybody can get the items. Don't want them, don't buy them. If people using them annoy you, play with your own circle of non-cash item users and be happy. Stop trying to tell people/Suba what they can and can't do.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Herp. Pay to win = the only way of playing the game past a certain point is by paying money, which doesn't apply DoMO.

The game is already balanced because everybody can get the items. Don't want them, don't buy them. If people using them annoy you, play with your own circle of non-cash item users and be happy. Stop trying to tell people/Suba what they can and can't do.

Read. I just said I intend to use cash items myself. There is no way to compete with those that do, without buying from them or spending real money yourself.

Urban Dictionary: pay-to-win (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win)

Hyan2014
November 15th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Sara and necklaces should be revised before resease into the game. There are many ways to fix them without hurt the game comunity

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 07:46 PM
EXPOSED xD darrrnnn you loose lips Crow.

~Lil_Kizuna

My godmode > your godmode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezSCv4d4Law

Js.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 07:48 PM
My godmode > your godmode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezSCv4d4Law

Js.

Another broken system

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Kiz was immune to all classes :/

But she can't do damage, so that's that.

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I just said I intend to use cash items myself. There is no way to compete with those that do, without buying from them or spending real money yourself.

I just don't see what you're arguing about then. Balance shmalance. Let people play however they want.

K thx bai.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 08:02 PM
But she can't do damage, so that's that.

She is a non-belligerent god, okay!

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I just don't see what you're arguing about then. Balance shmalance. Let people play however they want.

K thx bai.

Arguing your definition of pay to win

Expecting complete balance is unreasonable, but necklaces go OTT

Yaoisama
November 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Arguing your definition of pay to win

Now you're just splitting hairs. : P

If people are willing to pay for necklaces, chances are Suba will implement them. That's all folks.

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 08:07 PM
She is a non-belligerent god, okay!

pff, what's the point of being god if you can't wreck everything.

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 08:41 PM
pff, what's the point of being god if you can't wreck everything.
Isn't that exactly what the Christian god does?

Yeah I went there. Now bow 2 meh hueuhuejajajahwkwkwkwk~

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Isn't that exactly what the Christian god does?

Yeah I went there. Now bow 2 meh hueuhuejajajahwkwkwkwk~

~Lil_Kizuna

inorite, dat old testament god went HAM with those plagues

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 08:46 PM
inorite, dat old testament god went HAM with those plagues

According to his followers you can't take stuff liek dat 2 literal meng.

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 08:47 PM
According to his followers you can't take stuff liek dat 2 literal meng.

~Lil_Kizuna

ino. they figuratively crammed two of every species onto a boat

i think we're getting into dangerous territory

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 08:51 PM
ino. they figuratively crammed two of every species onto a boat

i think we're getting into dangerous territory

When I'm leveling up I'll make sure to kill at least two of each to even it out.

Han and Chu border will be a pain lel

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 15th, 2014, 08:55 PM
When I'm leveling up I'll make sure to kill at least two of each to even it out.

~Lil_Kizuna

Hi Lil_Kizuna :o

LilKizuna
November 15th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Hi Lil_Kizuna :o

Herro
http://media.giphy.com/media/VUC9YdLSnKuJy/giphy.gif

~Lil_Kizuna

Lokina
November 15th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Team play is fun, but sometimes you just wanna play alone(I know I do)

Also dont care about necklaces.

However, I love pets and so I hope sarah will be available(I had one in aeria game)

They can majorly nerf sarah as well, I dont mind.
I just want one.

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 11:02 PM

~Lil_Kizuna

pff, try getting two of those:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoihrLEZag

NARAPIDANA
November 16th, 2014, 12:42 AM
team training, because i will train support job earlier

~|BluE+_+ThunDeR|~

Mchan
November 16th, 2014, 03:11 AM
I say NO to items that promote soloing and powerleveling, will kill the game and is very dangerous in the long run, expecially when you find people around and they refuse to party.
Mmorpgs are intended to be played with other players not alone, preogressing alone is for single player games and don't belong to massive online games.
So NO to these items, yes to exp, reset stats, skills potions, pets, cosmetic item shop and so on.

MinatoU
November 16th, 2014, 03:48 AM
I'll just go solo naked in babel with my ruby as I used to
I've never used a necklace or a sara o.o

Skyish
November 16th, 2014, 04:30 AM
Definitely a big no to items that provide big benefits to solo players and powerleveling.

While I do not prefer full group gameplay, it's just too chaotic for my taste. I also don't like to solo. I usually try to find one, or two people at most, and I play with them.

I often drag my friends, and force them to play certain roles :P so we can 3-man almost everything, with a good old holy trinity setup of dps, healer and a tank.

I still however prefer to just have one person that I would play with, and I think DOMO is really good for that with the relationship system it has, so I'll be aiming to find someone to duo with.

dvddestroyer
November 16th, 2014, 05:07 AM
I for 1 prefer soloing and the whole hp mp necklace thing never mattered to me mainly because of my job and subs used made it more easier to save money and make hp and mp pills because I could solo train pets heal and aoe all at cheap cost I do grant was poor with no money to do much but it was grand fun the oped items used was ds powder and hammers for armor repairs that is the really oped items because it ruined the grand crafting aspect of the game

Vanland
November 16th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Without indulging too much into this subject..

I am going to quote a suggestion someone else wrote that I think works great and solves the whole 'issue' :
"Just make it so that when using Sara you get 50% less EXP".

Sounds harsh? But too many of these "multiplayer" games can be done all by yourself .. in another game I play, people would ask for someone to hold a group while they proceed to solo a group instance for more exp .. so how's that.

As for me, eh. I come back for the social aspect, so as long as not everyone is going solo hero mode and there's enough groups around all's well.

TheRealTangerine
November 16th, 2014, 06:01 AM

I never knew the purpose of Giantwood Manor, it seemed to be added quite late into the game's life. Me and a few friends killed the higher levelled mobs for Onyxes...but, is there anything else? >.<

Hyan2014
November 16th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Without indulging too much into this subject..

I am going to quote a suggestion someone else wrote that I think works great and solves the whole 'issue' :
"Just make it so that when using Sara you get 50% less EXP".

Sounds harsh? But too many of these "multiplayer" games can be done all by yourself .. in another game I play, people would ask for someone to hold a group while they proceed to solo a group instance for more exp .. so how's that.

As for me, eh. I come back for the social aspect, so as long as not everyone is going solo hero mode and there's enough groups around all's well.

We should listen to whatever Frost has to say, he know things most of us dont understand

Also its not only about promote solo lvling, it goes against taboos like the best dps healing themself with easy. That is almost a sin and at most not to be accomplished without a penalty

I have many ideas on how sara could be implemented without promote hate. But not now, its lunch time

LilKizuna
November 16th, 2014, 05:08 PM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/challenge-denied-rage-face.jpg

~Lil_Kizuna

NotHereCantDelete
November 16th, 2014, 05:54 PM
I'm the kind of person that will most likely party if offered and it's at a viable time for me (ie: I remember being bothered to doc a team when I was EATING. PASTA COMES FIRST JERKS!!)
However I come from the UK, and most, not all, people here are USA based, so it has to be possible for me to solo too - I'm not saying I want it to be made easy though, I managed just fine before saras were out thanks to doc / pet muse subs.

Churaga
November 16th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Well... I probably would team as support mostly since everyone needs a supporter :-) but then again i hate to disappoint people with my low mp and such Q_Q

Gambachi
November 16th, 2014, 06:10 PM
I found when I last played Domo people loved a pet muse in the party buffing pets and such especially with a doc sub. That was certainly a lot more fun than solo'ing as a pet muse. When it came to being a tank Merc for the team though it was fun for a while but then I realised I was going through armour durability very quickly which was becoming expensive fast and team mates were not so quick to help out with that even though their armour was untouched thanks to me. That quickly put me off the team element of Domo for a good while and I switched to a solo dancer build.
If you are ever using a tank in your party give a thought to their armour please. :p

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I found when I last played Domo people loved a pet muse in the party buffing pets and such especially with a doc sub. That was certainly a lot more fun than solo'ing as a pet muse. When it came to being a tank Merc for the team though it was fun for a while but then I realised I was going through armour durability very quickly which was becoming expensive fast and team mates were not so quick to help out with that even though their armour was untouched thanks to me. That quickly put me off the team element of Domo for a good while and I switched to a solo dancer build.
If you are ever using a tank in your party give a thought to their armour please. :p

Your job is to figure out armor, just like doc's supposed to figure out frogs and wizards scrolls.

Do an agility build and kite if you don't want to lose dura too fast. Carry extra armor and level alchemy at the same time.

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 06:27 PM
I never knew the purpose of Giantwood Manor, it seemed to be added quite late into the game's life. Me and a few friends killed the higher levelled mobs for Onyxes...but, is there anything else? >.<

You go there if you enjoy being horrendously annihilated by low-level stuff.

It's clear it's only halfway done like the placid towers, given that there's a few floors with nothing in them.

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Your job is to figure out armor, just like doc's supposed to figure out frogs and wizards scrolls.

Do an agility build and kite if you don't want to lose dura too fast. Carry extra armor and level alchemy at the same time.

Why do we need a "guide".
We have AKFrost.

LilKizuna
November 16th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Why do we need a "guide".
We have AKFrost.

What if I told you he IS the guide.
The guide to your DOMO salvation.
Kai is love, Kai is life.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 07:00 PM
What if I told you he IS the guide.
The guide to your DOMO salvation.
Kai is love, Kai is life.

~Lil_Kizuna

"Guide" is an idea. Not a person.
Last time I checked, he was a person lol.

LilKizuna
November 16th, 2014, 07:11 PM
"Guide" is an idea. Not a person.
Last time I checked, he was a person lol.

u sure meng?

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 07:13 PM
u sure meng?

~Lil_Kizuna

You bet ;) :p

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 07:48 PM
You bet ;) :p

No, no, I'm an 800 year old mayan-built AI.

Enforc3r2014
November 17th, 2014, 01:58 AM
never release those necklace. They make the end game raids way too easy

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I'm a team player and hate soloing. But because of my skill spamming...well I needed the mp necks. I gave up using the hp necks cause I died alot anyways! xD And the sara was used for Dragon's Den or Mount Babel when I couldn't find a team member to go with. :/ But banning such items? I wouldn't recommend it. o.o I love the mp necks! And the saras when tanking, since 6 out of 10 times the doc couldn't keep heals up towards the first shut down of the game.

EnochP
November 18th, 2014, 09:22 AM
never release those necklace. They make the end game raids way too easy
I've always been sceptical about cash shop items actually effecting game performance. I've always preferred cosmetic only stuff. Once you start selling stats or even EXP items it goes down hill

Loomynar
November 18th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Team levelling all the way! Perhaps you could grind to the mid 20s by yourself, but if you wanna advance fast, you better team um and fight those mushrooms on Bigbeam

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 12:01 AM
I don't mind these items at all.
If anything, it brings revenue to Suba.

MinatoU
November 19th, 2014, 02:42 AM
The whole idea of an item that brings you back to full HP/MP whenever you hit halfway (That runs out of healing and cannot be refilled unless it's bugged/glitched) is just lame in every sense of the word.

But I will do my best to drag anyone in my friends list around to level with me, if even just to help them level. Since I can solo to 70 without running into any real issues.

LuLuNoir
November 19th, 2014, 02:56 AM
I am pro both. Sometimes I love to party! And other times I hate everyone in the world....and choose to solo.

Too each his/her own. ^^

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I am pro both. Sometimes I love to party! And other times I hate everyone in the world....and choose to solo.

Too each his/her own. ^^

I think everyone at some point of the game has to do both. To get the full experience one should do both.

Hyan2014
November 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Allright. First and most important: we need this organized
In order to save Suba's time lets attach all the small topic about this article at a single place in a way its explanatory and easy to find.
Would be nice if someone other than me would be willing to text all the ideas because... you know... my english sux.

Sara and necklaces seems to be the most important topic at this moment. So... lets hand over the cards and be done with it.
This is my own opinion, ill be sharing some ideas on how it could be solved as well and justify every one of them -This is important if you want your opinion to have some credibility
If its a debate there must be Pros and Cos

About Sara (nurse specifically)
Why sara should be added to the game
- Everyone want one. That is a lot of proffit for the publisher -Of course, Suba has to farm money out of something
- Solo players love them -Not everyone likes party. Some will play by night times and none will be there to support them

Why sara should not be added to the game
- Less people teaming, more people raging -DOMO is a social game, promote teamming is priority for the healthy of our comunity
- Its P2W iten -Thats a bad mouth for every mmo -DOMO was designed to be p2w, yet its possible to go with this system without bouncing
- Enables solo raids by the end game -This is very bad, a small amount of people could controll the market of the raids itens and cap iten lvl with easy.A lot unfair with players that cant buy cash. That is one of the prime reasons one may leave the game

Many people are already adicted to nurse sara, or at least would want to try it out. Once you gave the candy, its hard to take it back. Remove the sara by complete may cause a lot of rage so...

Have some solutions to the nurse sara problem:
- As AkForst said, Make it suck 50% of the xp -This guy knows things. That could equilibrate the facts: use sara only if its really worth it
- Nerf them: More damage, less heal -That would fix the OP behind the heals, and turn nurse a normal sara like the others
- Insert them into regular pet system -Make people work for sara's lvl. It will be stuck in the lvl you left it to be. Sounds Fair doenst it?
- Dont release permanent ones -Decrease the addiction toward them
- Cap its max lvl to 40, as Meru does - This one is a good option. You promote a help hand for low jobs and new comers untill lvl 40- that is enough time to learn play their job and compose a good build for whatever they want

About necklaces:
I dont have much to say about those, everyone know what they are about.

Why necklaces should be added to the game
- Everyone want one, or three or thousands -Once again, Suba has to take money out of somewhere
- Promote Solo lvling -Everyone one seems to want be able to solo by the endgame

Why Necklaces should be banished from the game
- P2W iten -Badmouth the game
- As AkFrost said, it "kills" hp and mp bar -Gamebreaking iten, turn one thing easy while breaking another thing. Sounds like cheating
- Dont release permanent ones -That may decrease the adiction a little
- Makes PAttack classes like BladeMasters and Hunter way too overpowered -By the time, the number of wizard jobs decreased constantly -a sad sight. Because PAtack jobs were NEVER ment to do skill spams. They have high basic attack and low mp for a good reason. Also, if you are going to add something to raise Pattack, you cant neglect Mattack -wich domo sure does
- You feel obligated to have one to make part of the comunity -Some were ecception, but manyes had to change their favorit build just to fit the fashion that spread like a plague
- Makes support classes as doc and muse feel really useless -There is no denying it. Doctors and muses found it very hard to find a team and even solo by the last 15 - 20 lvls. Of course: why would you want hp and mp if you have get hid of their need totally?

My suggestion for hp and mp necklace is a big and fat NO NO. Because the cons cant even match the pros.
But if you want some suggestions here we go:

Some solution to necklace problem
- Dont release permanent ones -7 days at max. Dont let people adict to them
- Make small timming promoes of those -Once every 2 - 3 months at cash shop by a weekend. That may decrease their in game stock
- Increase the cooldown of refill -That would fix partially the lack of need in hp and mp buffs and teaming
- Dont let refill "bug" come out -That wasnt a bug, we all knew. Yet it did a tremendous damage -beware

That is all for today. Ill be editing in RED whatever is needed to add from this point on

Gambachi
November 20th, 2014, 09:36 AM
You do not need a nurse sara to solo raid at the end (or at all) if you have a good enough build and like you said not everyone likes or even is able to join teams when ever they want. European players for example won't be nearly as abundant as American players due to time zone restrictions.

Also you start nerfing now and what is next to be nerfed when someone doesn't like something? As saying goes be careful what you wish for..

Not to mention, I wouldn't like to be one of the players responsible for nerfing some of the most popular items in game. :EEK:

Tricy
November 20th, 2014, 09:51 AM
You do not need a nurse sara to solo raid at the end (or at all) if you have a good enough build and like you said not everyone likes or even is able to join teams when ever they want. European players for example won't be nearly as abundant as American players due to time zone restrictions.

Also you start nerfing now and what is next to be nerfed when someone doesn't like something? As saying goes be careful what you wish for..

Not to mention, I wouldn't like to be one of the players responsible for nerfing some of the most popular items in game. :EEK:

I dont see the need to nerf anything besides that. Also its not about "nerf something i dont like". Its nerf something "critically dangerous" for the comunity.

I love saras. They guive me proffit, fast lvl and status. But i most understand why this kind of item at same time can be a poison into the game

Kitemay
November 20th, 2014, 10:06 AM
my biggest issue are twits in pvp who were leveled entirely by exp cards, power leveling and pet leeching, who don't know either their class nor the game, who come in with +30 skillpoints from springs and exp credit card trade in, over powered gear, nurse sara, five or more mp/hp necklaces each they alternate through to cheat the cooldown. and have the gull to brag about how they are better than other pvp players, when they know neither the game nor even how to use their build well, or even just how to make a good build... cause they don't need to.

also the above listed items made soloing far more productive than teams (i didn't even use those items and i did fine soloing) so the above items i've listed should be banned. or at the VERY least, banned from pvp (though how would you ban extra skill points from pvp?)

Kitemay
November 20th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Ban? What the- WHY?

If you plan on levelling as a team, then go for it, but do NOT try to impede other people's joy in however they prefer to play the game. If you don't want to use timed boosting items, don't. Who are you to decide on what's kosher when it comes to levelling anyway? Let people have fun and enjoy the game however they see fit.

I doubt SubaGames are going to remove a cash item because of a fraction of the community's whiny views.

so basicly everyone wh only used cash items to get by andidd so even in pvp was fine by you?

Gambachi
November 20th, 2014, 10:29 AM
my biggest issue are twits in pvp who were leveled entirely by exp cards, power leveling and pet leeching, who don't know either their class nor the game, who come in with +30 skillpoints from springs and exp credit card trade in, over powered gear, nurse sara, five or more mp/hp necklaces each they alternate through to cheat the cooldown. And have the gull to brag about how they are better than other pvp players, when they know neither the game nor even how to use their build well, or even just how to make a good build... Cause they don't need to.

Also the above listed items made soloing far more productive than teams (i didn't even use those items and i did fine soloing) so the above items i've listed should be banned. Or at the very least, banned from pvp (though how would you ban extra skill points from pvp?)

ban all the things!:XD: But yeah I agree with some things being banned from PvP. You can't really ban over powered gear though.

Hyan2014
November 20th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I dont know why, but i cant edit my posts. Id like to add some stuffs to that

Gambachi
November 20th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I dont know why, but i cant edit my posts. Id like to add some stuffs to that

I think after certain amount of time you lose the ability to edit the post.

Tricy
November 20th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I think after certain amount of time you lose the ability to edit the post.

that is too bad

Kitemay
November 20th, 2014, 01:24 PM
ban all the things!:XD: But yeah I agree with some things being banned from PvP. You can't really ban over powered gear though.

or the extra skillpoints they get from springs and exp credit cards.

also my build for pvp could handle all classes but hunters, which destroyed me.

might add a few frog skills this time, not sure yet.

Kitemay
November 20th, 2014, 01:48 PM
i already decided on builds for the following roles, solo, team, farming. so yep that'l help, might buy reskills and restats for when i finally level my builds up.

for farming, going to use dancer fencer thief, for solo i will use doctor wizard shaman, for team i will use merchant witch doctor and musician.

now just going over the details in my mind.

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 05:52 PM
i already decided on builds for the following roles, solo, team, farming. so yep that'l help, might buy reskills and restats for when i finally level my builds up.

for farming, going to use dancer fencer thief, for solo i will use doctor wizard shaman, for team i will use merchant witch doctor and musician.

now just going over the details in my mind.

Sounds like a great plan :$

Kitemay
November 21st, 2014, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a great plan :$

i always think ahead when i can

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 05:15 PM
i always think ahead when i can

Very good :)

ArabPikachu
February 12th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Bump
Zznn

Birchtree
February 12th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Suba should tune the mobs so that solo classes/soloers can reach the highest levels without needing necklaces & Saras. Then, implement a slightly nerfed version of the Sara and temporary necklaces that can help speed up leveling/make it easier. They would be more similar to the EXP bonus items which also make leveling easier. I do not believe permanent necklaces should be obtainable for the same reasons permanent exp bonuses are not obtainable.

Since we won't have any of these bonus items during the closed beta we should make sure we diligently find areas/levels that are hard to progress through as a soloer so they can be made a little easier.

I prefer team training myself, but I love seeing people out in the world soloing. It makes it feel more alive. When they added flying mounts in WoW the world drained and the skies filled. DOMO isn't the same. Even with flying available everywhere the ground areas are always full of people running around and I love that.

TL;DR: No items should be "banned". Some things should be nerfed. The world should be tuned so that soloer's and partiers can level efficiently without items.

Oxycore
February 12th, 2015, 01:04 PM
You can already level efficiently without those items in a party on the current untuned mobs.

DOMO really isn't as hard of a game as you guys are making it out to be.

DOMOAKFrost
February 12th, 2015, 01:15 PM
so after the saras thread was locked, you people decided to resume that pointless topic by necroing here?

Oxy, I would have hoped you knew your own forum rules.

KiyomiHime
February 12th, 2015, 01:31 PM
There has been a lot of debate of whether Subagames should ban soloist items such as Hp necklaces and Mp pendants and Sara's.

~ArabSuperman

omg no dont take away the mana pendent party user even use them it help the healer keep healing and never run outa mana

Oxycore
February 12th, 2015, 01:33 PM
so after the saras thread was locked, you people decided to resume that pointless topic by necroing here?

Oxy, I would have hoped you knew your own forum rules.

I didn't necro anything, and the current topic that was brought up by Birchtree has nothing to do with Nurse Sara and necklaces, and everything to do with changing the difficulty of the monsters, since this thread was originally about solo training vs team training.

KiyomiHime
February 12th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Ban? What the- WHY?

lol love the gif also i love mana pendants they help magic class's keep mana up XD

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 01:40 PM
omg no dont take away the mana pendent party user even use them it help the healer keep healing and never run outa mana

I never had a problem with mana as a healer or aoer with Inner breathing or magic or what ever it was called + what ever the mana restoring items were.

SeekingKnowledge
February 12th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I never had a problem with mana as a healer or aoer with Inner breathing or magic or what ever it was called + what ever the mana restoring items were.

Ironically even with magic, I had so many aoes and spammed them so hard during teams, the mp necks were all that kept the muse from breaking hehe. xD I always told the muse not to worry about my mp, because others needed it, and the mp neck kept my mp usage under control by replenishing it. Though sometimes I'd time the aoes wrong and still run outta mp for a few seconds.. :|

CrossbreedPriscilla
February 12th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Ironically even with magic, I had so many aoes and spammed them so hard during teams, the mp necks were all that kept the muse from breaking hehe. xD I always told the muse not to worry about my mp, because others needed it, and the mp neck kept my mp usage under control by replenishing it. Though sometimes I'd time the aoes wrong and still run outta mp for a few seconds.. :|

I guess i was just lucky then. I had no problems with mp, even when i spammed, but my spamming would usually lead to my death ._. . The only time I ever ran out was when i subbed high level skills on low level jobs.

DOMOAKFrost
February 12th, 2015, 02:18 PM
I didn't necro anything, and the current topic that was brought up by Birchtree has nothing to do with Nurse Sara and necklaces, and everything to do with changing the difficulty of the monsters, since this thread was originally about solo training vs team training.
so you're spamming then?

Spam, no thanks!
Do not post spam messagest. Spam includes any kind of advertising, pointless messages which do not contribute to the discussion meaningfully, etc. Spamming will result in thread/post deletions and possible suspension/ban from the forums/games.

~ArabSuperman

Also, where does it say "it's okay if somebody else does it first"? this thread was last posted in almost three months ago.

Thread necromancy
Please avoid reviving discussions that are weeks and months old. We will either delete your new messages and lock the thread or remove the whole topic altogether. Repeated necromancy of old threads may result in a suspension from the game/forums.

SeekingKnowledge
February 12th, 2015, 02:27 PM
I guess i was just lucky then. I had no problems with mp, even when i spammed, but my spamming would usually lead to my death ._. . The only time I ever ran out was when i subbed high level skills on low level jobs.

Yeah. I did die more often then, but at some point I started laughing about the death part. After that started...I um... -Looks a little embarrassed- Started dieing on purpose cause it was hilarious to me. xDD -Starts laughing- I miss the bloody mess really. The doctor and tank hated it cause they felt bad. But honestly it got to the point where it was just flat out hilarious. X) I'm not very good at pooling mp, so I'm prone to running out anyways. But dieing cause I could take aggro off the tank in one big string of aoes is just worth it in my opinion. Might annoy the tank and doctor....but it's absolutely funny to me hahahaha! xD I look forward to remaking those times!

NotHereCantDelete
February 12th, 2015, 03:35 PM
I am actually gonna lock this now, seeing as it's necroed people might just be yelling at old messages that aren't even relevant anymore lol - Kiyoki actually made a newer thread for the same subject here (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=74853) which you can go to instead, though I'd prefer it if it doesn't turn into another sara/necklace debate lol