PDA

View Full Version : Class and subclass?

Savven
November 15th, 2014, 11:10 PM
which are you guys choosing because i'm torn between a dancer and or a martial artist but im not sure what to sub with either of those lol

DOMOAKFrost
November 15th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Gonna start on fencer and aoe every job up, see where that takes me.

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 11:17 PM
hunter if there are necklaces, bm if there aren't

Savven
November 15th, 2014, 11:28 PM
hm well i'd really like to be a MA, i know their mp isn't so good so whats the best class to sub them with?
idk if i wanna sub doctor cause i just wanna be full damage

Carecrow
November 15th, 2014, 11:36 PM
hm well i'd really like to be a MA, i know their mp isn't so good so whats the best class to sub them with?

would recommend dancer over MA as a starting class. subbing matyr arts from BM and medical treatment from doctor or something

ArabPikachu
November 15th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Mercenary to level cap.
Then Hunter.

LadyOkamia
November 15th, 2014, 11:38 PM
I will go Dancer and sub as a doctor <3! Dancer 4tw <3!

Superstarstrike
November 15th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Probably gonna start as Dancer, get Doctor soon after, then move on from there.

ArabPikachu
November 15th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I will go Dancer and sub as a doctor <3! Dancer 4tw <3!

Dancerz are awesome :COOL:

LadyOkamia
November 15th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Dancerz are awesome :COOL:

Yes they are <3!
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080905035551/domo/en/images/thumb/4/41/Dancer.png/200px-0,274,23,160-Dancer.png

HinoXem
November 16th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Mercenary up until level cap along with Blade Master to cap and then anything else is up to choice.

NARAPIDANA
November 16th, 2014, 12:32 AM
support job :D like doctor, muse, and dancer.
after that i will lvl fighting job haha
so different on aeria haha

~|BluE+_+ThunDeR|~

Kirbychu
November 16th, 2014, 12:40 AM
I'm starting on doctor first so I can get inner to sub on other jobs (not to mention first aid/regen). After that doing musician (also to sub on other jobs - pet heals and fuse). Doctor is good to sub on literally everything. As for your second slot its up to you - there are buffs from blademaster, thief, and hunter that are all good to use (also witch doctor, but not 100% sure if that's gonna be in release - depends on how suba is doing things). There's also pet heals (and buffs if you're pure pet muse) for if you're soloing and want to keep your pet alive without spending tons of gold at the pet shop. My advice is to try different things and see what works for you.

KratosDOT
November 16th, 2014, 01:14 AM
I feel like dancer is a good way to start, its good damage, fast leveling, and easy to get into parties. Out of the level 20 aoes, definitely the best due to the cheapness of it, compared to wiz who have to buy scrolls.

MinatoU
November 16th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Depending on who I party with;
MA with BM and Hunter sub or this in any order maybe with Doc in there too
If solo;
BM with Doc and Pet Muse sub

Oribani
November 16th, 2014, 03:26 AM
I was thinking of getting Mercenary, and eventually Dancer and doctor. I plan to go Shaman as well since my last attempt to be shaman failed miserably.

Skyish
November 16th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Witch doctor in a combination with doctor. Trying to make a sort of shadow priest kind of setup, with DoTs, and small heals when needed. I think that'll work nicely.

However, I forgot most of the stuff, I'll simply have to get into the game again, and see what are my choices, but going witch doctor for sure.

TheRealTangerine
November 16th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Staff MA :)
Here's hoping the mirror quest gives the Aeria reward of Golden Weapon...the Staff is 1 handed, so you can use a shield \o/

Vanland
November 16th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Going to start again with Fencer .. we'll see where we end up. Was hoping to try out Witch Doctor as well, didn't get to making one last time I played.

Gambachi
November 16th, 2014, 08:48 AM
If the updates are anything like our Asian cousins have been, we might have to wait a few weeks for the Dancer Sub. If so I will get a Pet and level the Muse sub till Dancer becomes available. Always love turning monsters into pet food. :evil:

Subs will be doc and shaman or wiz.. Or thief.. or merc.. or.. I always struggle with the third sub.

PS. If you are going to make a tank Merc and tank for people. People will love you. Why? You are the only one wrecking your armour..
Remember to make an agreement of some form of payment/recompense with guild/party or what not else tanking can be an extremely expensive job to level.

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Going to start again with Fencer .. we'll see where we end up. Was hoping to try out Witch Doctor as well, didn't get to making one last time I played.

They might release witch doctor a little later.
Aeria didn't have witch doctor until a year after.

Lokina
November 16th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Doing doctor and then muse, both have good supporting buffs.

Get both to vll 40 and then I go lvl other class's

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Doing doctor and then muse, both have good supporting buffs.

Get both to vll 40 and then I go lvl other class's

Is your name pronounced shan-across or shana-cross?

LeThoor
November 16th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Greetings,
The best thing to do is, grab a pet, prefferably a Ruby, level Muse to level 15, then Doctor to level 15, then all of the other jobs to level 15, then, while leveling to level 15 with all the jobs, stop your pets Experiance gain at level 15 otherw ise you wont be able to use it when grabbing a new job.
When not maining muse or doctor, always sub those two, well only the pet songs.
When all jobs are level 15, start letting you pet get Experiance again until it's level 20, then stop the Experiance gain again, and level all the jobs to level 20. And keep doing this until all jobs are level cap.
This is the best, fastest and most preffered way to get to level cap.

-Thoor

NotHereCantDelete
November 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I've decided I'm gonna have two characters, 'cos while I want to do what I did before (wiz/shaman/doc/pet muse), I'd also like to try an MA main with heck knows what as subs, probably BM and something else... It's difficult to decide when I never used them before.
I know you can do it all on one character lol, but I prefer sylphs to be mages, whereas hitting people with a floating stick seems wrong to me... (just my opinion lol) so I'll probably make a human character for that.

KawaiiKneeGrow
November 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Gonna start on fencer and aoe every job up, see where that takes me.

thats exactly what i mainly do
I also find the shaman/wiz/doc leveling pretty effective
I dont remember how I did it, but i leveled both wiz and shammy and using those subs, and got equip wand on shammy. I also subbed doc. Move to doc and level it up to maybe 25, then keep leveling wiz and rotate to shammy. When those 2 are at a certain point, level up doc
I did this way on the HK server. I also had an instance where I leveled up fencer to around 50, then leveled MA. Because i was sucked in by glove MA (pvp), I was basically f**kd until i get my bm and hunter up and just level those

LilKizuna
November 16th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Commoner or doctor and sub nothing cuz that's what I did years ago.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Commoner or doctor and sub nothing cuz that's what I did years ago.

~Lil_Kizuna

Wasn't "Citizen" the original name. Then they changed it to commoner.

LilKizuna
November 16th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Wasn't "Citizen" the original name. Then they changed it to commoner.

May have been for GT? Don't think it was for us.

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 05:44 PM
May have been for GT? Don't think it was for us.

~Lil_Kizuna

it was citizen when I joined aeria, so... jan 2008?

It was a fairly early aeria change, they were for the most part using GT's localizations.

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 05:47 PM

It was a fairly early aeria change, they were for the most part using GT's localizations.

I thought so lol. When they first made that update I thought commoner was a new job.
Then realized they updated the name.
Interesting...

HarlequinWaltz
November 16th, 2014, 06:33 PM
I am going to run as a Doctor first because as painful as that is, I need the first aid and regen for my other builds (I also like running through the new player areas and slapping regen on anyone I see). After that I'm going to go muse and then dancer with muse and doc subs which is the build I ran last time! I started off as a shaman the first time I played but... they weren't very in demand for parties ;A;

Oribani
November 16th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I am going to run as a Doctor first because as painful as that is, I need the first aid and regen for my other builds (I also like running through the new player areas and slapping regen on anyone I see). After that I'm going to go muse and then dancer with muse and doc subs which is the build I ran last time! I started off as a shaman the first time I played but... they weren't very in demand for parties ;A;

I loved putting regeneration on anyone I saw as well, and I started off Shaman in the beginning too. It was hard for me to level since many parties didn't want shamans lol

LilKizuna
November 16th, 2014, 06:43 PM

Ah I must have missed that update or completely forgot it lol

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I loved putting regeneration on anyone I saw as well, and I started off Shaman in the beginning too. It was hard for me to level since many parties didn't want shamans lol

I started on shaman as well, though I soloed it up completely by choice. It had decent aoes if you wanted to party, but eh, didn't feel like wasting SP in them.

Ah I must have missed that update or completely forgot it lol

~Lil_Kizuna

Eh, don't blame you, it was a mnor detail from almost 7 years ago.

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 06:53 PM
I started on shaman as well, though I soloed it up completely by choice. It had decent aoes if you wanted to party, but eh, didn't feel like wasting SP in them.

Eh, don't blame you, it was a mnor detail from almost 7 years ago.

And blademaster used to be swordsman if I recall correctly.

BlackBlade636
November 16th, 2014, 11:09 PM

I always subed doc anytime I went training because of inner and regen. BM is a good job to sub on MA to boost attack speed and damage. I like Thief as a sub also. Control Breathing and Rhythm of Life will help with mp and Premonition and Fighting Foresight helps with attack speed and evasion. Are you going to solo or team MA?

EnochP
November 17th, 2014, 05:07 AM
Just call me Dr Slow

Gambachi
November 17th, 2014, 05:54 AM
I found your old guide for that great solo Wiz build and you list Shaman as its main sub for synergy. Will you be going down the same route this time?

SpazzieMango
November 17th, 2014, 12:46 PM
not sure if this is wise, but I'm going to start off as doctor to get all the minor sins then go full merc. My best friend limes going aoe classes like dancer and if I don't tank she dies really fast xD

DOMOAKFrost
November 17th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I found your old guide for that great solo Wiz build and you list Shaman as its main sub for synergy. Will you be going down the same route this time?

that stuff is only fun first time around, tbh.

Gabatoro
November 17th, 2014, 01:19 PM
It was hard for me to level since many parties didn't want shamans lol
Yeah, I had a rough go with leveling as a Shaman. As far as guilds went, I was constantly moving around, and I never cared for parties, so I'd usually solo level. It sort of worked out, but it was slow going. Plus, I never paid any attention to my build, so I had attributes all over the place that really didn't lend themselves to my class. I'm not really sure how I ever managed to reach Grassgreen Square.

This time around, I'm torn between going Hunter with Thief subs or Shaman with Wizard subs. Now that I know more about the game, I think either one would be viable, but I'm extremely indecisive. It could very well depend on what my friends become.

NautX
November 18th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Goin doc for the subs, then thief...again. Probably gonna mix it up with MA. or just say screw it and go commoner. Either way, it'll be fun experimenting again. Really, really, REALLY want that daredevil class tho. Stupid Santa....

EnochP
November 18th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Doctor and Bard. Because I want to be under ultimate demand, mehehe

Frodothehobbit
November 18th, 2014, 06:09 AM
thief , just like frodo :D

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I'm going with dancer for the aoes! I need them for farming purposes. ;)

ArtemisX
November 18th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Muse is my all around favourite class, however I'll be really focusing on Doc first and then all magical classes in general.

I'm not even going to bother leveling the classes I wont use this time around, just to save some time. c;

Loomynar
November 18th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Gotta say that looking forward, a lot of prerequisite jobs must be taken. But I think I'm going with doc/muse first for support. Don't get me started on the need to level merc and shaman to get their armor and robe...

Kaipiee
November 18th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I think I wanna be a fencer and muse...Maybe being a merc first to get the HA equip.

Agiantnotepad
November 18th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I think ill level commoner first, running around with a glass bottle and a baseball is always fun

ItsBae
November 18th, 2014, 09:50 PM
I'm going to train Doc/muse/wiz/shaman/thief to cap. Muse to have a really good pet muse, of course party level for the most part because its so easy. I just watch youtube on my 2nd monitor and spam the buffs. Then reskill for petmuse. Doc because i plan on having buffs and helping out everyone once i relaunch my guild. Wiz/Shaman/Thief for my main class because i was nearly unstoppable in pvp. at lvl 50 wiz i could 1 hit kill jobs that were about 8 lvls higher than me. and merc to 30 so i have a shield :o

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 11:20 PM
I'm going to train Doc/muse/wiz/shaman/thief to cap. Muse to have a really good pet muse, of course party level for the most part because its so easy. I just watch youtube on my 2nd monitor and spam the buffs. Then reskill for petmuse. Doc because i plan on having buffs and helping out everyone once i relaunch my guild. Wiz/Shaman/Thief for my main class because i was nearly unstoppable in pvp. at lvl 50 wiz i could 1 hit kill jobs that were about 8 lvls higher than me. and merc to 30 so i have a shield :o

Sounds like a good plan.

Surgen
November 18th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Doctor. Always doctor. Party up and party harddddd

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Doctor. Always doctor. Party up and party harddddd

Team maybe?

Helder1992
November 19th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Doctor and muse all the way and then probably hunter or bm

Gigglypuff1313
November 19th, 2014, 05:41 AM
Not sure if I'll really have a main since I liked to mess around with every class and mix and match, but out of the gate I'll want to prioritize Doc (subs with everything) and Thief (since I like alchemy so I can go pilfering recipes).

OmfgSoySauce
November 19th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Fencer to 30. Can Aoe everything or just a.spd big beam to 30 on other jobs. Sub Lv 15 WD, Lv 16 BM.
Next in line is Thief for equip cloth and pilfering, maybe dagger.
Then I alternate with whatever my friend is doing as support ;-;

Kyle770
February 9th, 2015, 09:50 AM
hmm i planing to stay at hunter, do you guys have suggestion for subclass?
i plan to use witch doctor for subclass, is that efficient for hunter?