PDA

View Full Version : Where is our tank?

Xiaoming001
November 16th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I made this topic because everyone are eager to start the game, but did anyone realized that we are starting from ZERO. There is no alchemist to make your weapon and armor so there is ZERO alchemist. Everyone will start from ZERO gold.

Tanking would be expensive unless everyone one chip in gold. Level 15 Heavy armor cost 4225 gold and as a tank, you need at least 3 set of armor which amounts to 12,675. Now since everyone starts from ZERO gold where can we get that money? According to DOMO wiki, each set will increase by an average of 2500g to the next level tier.

My guess is that at least for the first 2 weeks, we can have support from muse or doc but we can't have AOE because there is no tank to take the aggro and tanking is going to be expesive and hence everyone who party would have to either pay for it or have to somehow get an alchemist to make the armor (but since the game just started you would get limited super crazy leveling players)

It is good that we support each other from the old DOMO ways (recommended)
Or
Enter a guild but there is always a traditional problem of guild thief (players entering the guild and loot the bank empty)

I guess everyone will have to go for solo play on the first few weeks at least. Even if there is Exp event, we will take time to built up our financials.

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 09:55 PM
You just answered your own question.

SeanCT
November 16th, 2014, 09:59 PM
First few days will be a little slower than what some of us are used to but I'd guess that wont last long as I expect to see people hitting level cap within first month...

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 10:02 PM
First few days will be a little slower than what some of us are used to but I'd guess that wont last long as I expect to see people hitting level cap within first month...

Agree, and once a few people hit level cap, they can farm for tons of gold.

Mitzruti
November 16th, 2014, 10:07 PM
it's possible to tank completely naked in pure dura builds with decent buffs for most of the leveling stuff.

...it does, however, leave you with a terrible build for raids/etc tho.

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 10:08 PM
eh, the market will solve itself.

Probably a lot of people will run 7-8 alts collecting at all times to put the supply in. That beginning money is lucrative.

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 10:13 PM

Probably a lot of people will run 7-8 alts collecting at all times to put the supply in. That beginning money is lucrative.

Multiple log ins are against the rules, no?

Agiantnotepad
November 16th, 2014, 10:15 PM

That is what I was thinking, but SUBA hasn't put any rules regarding to how many mules we are allowed to have mat collecting so I guess we can have as much as we want till they say something about it.

Superstarstrike
November 16th, 2014, 10:32 PM
That is what I was thinking, but SUBA hasn't put any rules regarding to how many mules we are allowed to have mat collecting so I guess we can have as much as we want till they say something about it.

From another game that I play, Suba limited the amount of accounts that could be in the game per IP to three, because it was running out of control. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to limit the amount of mules as the game progresses.

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 10:38 PM

Against Aeria's rules, softstar made no such limitation. You can often see squads of collectors all similarly named over there.

From another game that I play, Suba limited the amount of accounts that could be in the game per IP to three, because it was running out of control. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to limit the amount of mules as the game progresses.

I hope they don't. Keeping the market supplied is how a game thrives.

Xiaoming001
November 16th, 2014, 10:57 PM
well, i am raising a legit concern as there would be limited access to tanks on the first few weeks. I can see that players who have access to tanks will level quickly and while players who don't would be screaming. Market will only correct itself after a few weeks later but before that there will be vulnerability. Certainly, i hope that there will be a reasonable rule because every uses mule but when most uses it for good reason, there would be few to uses it for special purpose (bots, scams, etc)

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 11:04 PM
well, i am raising a legit concern as there would be limited access to tanks on the first few weeks. I can see that players who have access to tanks will level quickly and while players who don't would be screaming. Market will only correct itself after a few weeks later but before that there will be vulnerability. Certainly, i hope that there will be a reasonable rule because every uses mule but when most uses it for good reason, there would be few to uses it for special purpose (bots, scams, etc)

Then we will wait a few weeks.

LadyOkamia
November 17th, 2014, 12:14 AM

I wont be concerned with that to much because in the start of Aeria one people did fine without super tanky people. You can either solo to make money or sell everything you get from mobs.

Kirbychu
November 17th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Multiple log-ins on Aeria I don't believe was against the rules UNLESS you were:
1. Partied with your alt (can't give yourself autoloot)
2. Doing the same thing on more than one client (collect/sell/fight)

I ran two clients on Aeria version the entire time I played DOMO and the only time I've heard of people getting "reported" for it or in trouble in any way was when they were partied with their alt (I've seen people do two jobs at once in an aoe party). If it was against ToS, then a LOT (if not nearly all) of the players were guilty of doing it. On Chinese version they really don't seem to care (and I can actually get more than 2 clients to open unlike on Aeria).

I hope Suba doesn't limit the amount of clients we can have open (or if they do hopefully it's at LEAST 2). Having another client open without having to install on a 2nd computer is really convenient - especially with a game that has afk-player-shops instead of an auction house (not to mention the super long gathering system).

As for the tank issue, a LOT of people are going to be rushing to gather recipes and level alchemy - and even MORE people than that are gonna be putting up mules to farm materials. So like it's been said - it wont be an issue after like a couple days (a week at most). Also I wouldn't say tanks need AT LEAST 3 sets of armor, I would say AT MOST that many (in most cases, by the time I'd get through my 2nd set I'd be ready for the next level set). Is it that big of a deal if for the first day or two of playing we let tanks go repair their one set of armor? I mean really? Yea you might run the risk of losing your spot (cuz we all know casks are going to be chaos), but that's always a risk you take when you do aoe parties.

Gambachi
November 17th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Yeah I did't see anyone abusing the second client thing at my time at Aeria. Pretty sure the GS's knew all about it as well and didn't mind. Also farming mats would be mind numbingly boring if was limited to just your main character, I think it would put a lot of people off.

As for the tank issue, it will sort it self out. It has in all the other DOMO reincarnations. Keep in mind also there might be stuff missing in first few weeks that is coming in later updates, so things might be a bit screwy to makes certain plans around for a bit.

Hyan2014
November 17th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Well, now that you mention.... DOMO is easy game to run, you may see something like 10+ mules over there mining every night

Maybe make a small limitation like 5 account per ip? Some houses share same ip for multiple brothers and sisters tho, we may not want ruin their game

Multiple log-ins on Aeria I don't believe was against the rules UNLESS you were:
1. Partied with your alt (can't give yourself autoloot)

I did that every single day. Silly me

NotHereCantDelete
November 17th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Maybe if the vanity pets didn't have such a short pick-up range we wouldn't have used our alts for auto-loot...
(not that I EVER did that.... hmm..)

I'd be alright with being limited to three, I just used to have two people up, one frying things with magic, the other with a shop up in eversun, that way I could sell and keep an eye out to see if anyone sold something I wanted :p It's nice to have an eye on the city.
Really I'm alright with just not being limited to one.

As for this whole tank thing... It's not just mercs that have start-up troubles, docs and wizards do with their need for scrolls and frogs, but things just worked themselves out, at least they did for me, and I didn't get help from anyone. People are horrendously stubborn, they'll find a way to make this work just like they did before when Domo started on Aeria.
If anything I'm looking forward to the challenge of the early-game struggle.

Nethys
November 17th, 2014, 12:33 PM
It's ridiculously easy to level your alchemy up the first few levels. It's also relatively quick to pick up the 10 or so mats you need for the first few levels. The higher stuff will certainly be harder, but saying we'll have no tanks from level 15 is just untrue. And only partially because I'm planning on doing just that.

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 04:46 PM

That's what I plan to do with my 3 laptops xD Gonna bring back all my mule alts.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 17th, 2014, 04:48 PM
That's what I plan to do with my 3 laptops xD Gonna bring back all my mule alts.

~Lil_Kizuna

So it's okay to use multiple account with different computers:0, if that's the case I have 4 laptops >:D

KratosDOT
November 17th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Its not a big deal though, if you farm guano for an hour, you can get 5k gold without a lot of problem. it'll be a loooooooot of farming, but things'll get better.

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 05:50 PM
So it's okay to use multiple account with different computers:0, if that's the case I have 4 laptops >:D

Who says you can't have 5 accounts running on each computer? ( $_$)

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 17th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Who says you can't have 5 accounts running on each computer? ( $_$)

~Lil_Kizuna

Is there not a rule that forbids multiple log in per person? Hmmm

Gambachi
November 17th, 2014, 06:25 PM

We should find out really before we all find our selves banned. :EEK:

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 06:48 PM

None so far~

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
November 17th, 2014, 06:49 PM
None so far~

~Lil_Kizuna

you'll get banned first, i can see it now.

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 06:51 PM
you'll get banned first, i can see it now.

For providing the community with thousands of mats for their gear? Alas fate is so cruel to such a fair maiden. *weep*

For some odd reason I can see me being banned too lel

~Lil_Kizuna

MikeSpo
November 17th, 2014, 06:55 PM
If I remember correctly, and this is going back years... Aeria kinda kicked off the economy. They had little events and parties and such for different items, sets, gold, etc... This eased a little burden and of course people wanted to do everything on their own as well; so it didn't hurt.

DOMOAKFrost
November 17th, 2014, 06:57 PM
For providing the community with thousands of mats for their gear? Alas fate is so cruel to such a fair maiden. *weep*

For some odd reason I can see me being banned too lel

~Lil_Kizuna

pff, "fair" "maiden"? does either fit you?

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 10:49 PM
pff, "fair" "maiden"? does either fit you?

I r deep offends!1

pls rep0t Kaicui plz

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
November 17th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I r deep offends!1

pls rep0t Kaicui plz

~Lil_Kizuna

I won't be going as Kaicui.

noob.

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 11:54 PM
I won't be going as Kaicui.

noob.

BaiHui?

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
November 18th, 2014, 12:07 AM
BaiHui?

~Lil_Kizuna

...that means cocaine, noob.

LilKizuna
November 18th, 2014, 12:13 AM
...that means cocaine, noob.

Heyyy maybe ur into dat stuff... maybe ~( o,o)~

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
November 18th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Heyyy maybe ur into dat stuff... maybe ~( o,o)~

~Lil_Kizuna

I'd wager you're more into it than I am.

LilKizuna
November 18th, 2014, 01:12 AM
I'd wager you're more into it than I am.

What ever gives you that idea?!
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/akimbojoe/ayase2_zps10b8caa9.gif

~Lil_Kizuna

LeThoor
November 18th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Greetings,
To be honest AoEing wont be a problem at all, not even the first days, you can AoE farm solo until level 20ish when you start doing casks without any problems at all, even as a squishy dancer it's not a problem aslong as you sub Doctor.
If you want to do it even easier just sub pet Musician and get prefferably a ruby.

-Thoor

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 08:35 AM
I would imagine some of us gathering recipes right off the bat. I would, since I plan on being an alchemist. Also keeping a mule up would be nice because the mule can watch after the stall while main is busy doing all the hard work. Also starting out as an alchemist will have challenges of it's own, because you're right: we'll be starting from ground zero. But with some teamwork and effort we can overcome this. :P

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Yeah being a thief/alchemist might be quite profitable also in the beginning due to the demand for recipes and gear from the other jobs.

EnochP
November 18th, 2014, 09:21 AM
I'll just sell my delicious pixel-booty on street corners to fund my armour addiction

DOMOAKFrost
November 18th, 2014, 04:18 PM
What ever gives you that idea?!
http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq263/akimbojoe/ayase2_zps10b8caa9.gif

~Lil_Kizuna

you should really cut back on the drugs. "Fair Maidens" don't do them.

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah being a thief/alchemist might be quite profitable also in the beginning due to the demand for recipes and gear from the other jobs.

Agreed. Though I'm thinking aoe then thief as far as jobs go. That way there is some way to level commoner as well as merchant in the beginning. *Shudders* I hate merchant. But loved the lv50 one I used to have. 0% on tax outside the city walls♥ And yes I would also agree about the demands for recipes. On my old main account...I used to go batty looking for any and every recipe I did not have. Only exception was when it came to HLA recipes. I could only do armor. But everything not HLA I was able to do up to lv55. Maybe this time around I can get more well rounded and still be that armor alchemist? We'll see what will happen.

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I remember there were some really cool alchemists who waited around Eversun making armour for people who needed it if they had the mats. One of the biggest things as to why I loved Domo was the helpful and friendly nature of the community. Was a real breath of fresh air especially compared to most other MMO's out there.

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 05:42 PM
I remember there were some really cool alchemists who waited around Eversun making armour for people who needed it if they had the mats. One of the biggest things as to why I loved Domo was the helpful and friendly nature of the community. Was a real breath of fresh air especially compared to most other MMO's out there.

I know the feeling. The community was excellent. And some of us alchemists usually made armor while we were in the city whenever there was a spare chance. Cause a few of them, like me, were normally on the go and went in and out of the city alot or stayed farming/training ect elsewhere. Then come into the city for one reason or another.

Loomynar
November 18th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Wow.. this is actually kinda cool. We are like humans reclaiming earth after some nuclear war or something. We need to rebuild our humanity again... from zero

Aidyl
November 18th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Wow.. this is actually kinda cool. We are like humans reclaiming earth after some nuclear war or something. We need to rebuild our humanity again... from zero

Oh my goodness! That is a really fabulous way to think of it! Comic or fanfiction or youtube series anyone?

LuLuNoir
November 19th, 2014, 02:44 AM
I foresee a slow liftoff but a beautiful journey

Also I think I am gonna start off early on my alchemy. I wonder what Subagames stance will be on dual clienting. Hmm~

MinatoU
November 19th, 2014, 02:48 AM

I will probably be one of these people

LuLuNoir
November 19th, 2014, 02:54 AM

A big reason why people did this in my opinion was because it really helps to level your alchemy. A lot of the time when I leveled my own alchemy I would craft armor and just sale it to the merchants for some gold or toss it. When I did craft armor to try and sale it in a stall it never seemed to sell. LOL. So out into the garbage it went.

LilKizuna
November 19th, 2014, 05:47 AM
you should really cut back on the drugs. "Fair Maidens" don't do them.

I don't though...

How dare u accuse me!
http://www.mymangamarathon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Anime-GIF.gif

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I don't though...

How dare u accuse me!

~Lil_Kizuna

^what show is this?

Loomynar
November 19th, 2014, 11:18 AM
^what show is this?

Ore no imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai! Ha, I still remember the long title. Or "oreimo" for short

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Translation in English?

Loomynar
November 19th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Translation in English?

Literal translation of the title would be "My little sister can't be this cute" :D

DOMOAKFrost
November 19th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I don't though...

How dare u accuse me!

~Lil_Kizuna

it's a statement of fact, not accusation.

Gambachi
November 19th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Literal translation of the title would be "My little sister can't be this cute" :D

Bet he is so glad he asked :lol:

SeekingKnowledge
November 19th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Well there will be a number of alchemists forging ahead. And naturally so will there be tanks. :3 The later rising up from the ashes slower then the first. (Meaning tanks will be more available to do their awesome jobs later as opposed to alchemists that will spring up everywhere.)

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 12:03 AM
it's a statement of fact, not accusation.

Rude boi is so rooode.

~Lil_Kizuna

DOMOAKFrost
November 20th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Rude boi is so rooode.

~Lil_Kizuna

aragaki is a druggie. The fact that you used her pic means you are too.

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 12:34 AM
aragaki is a druggie. The fact that you used her pic means you are too.

She is not~
http://31.media.tumblr.com/6859f4e628573a9bf8e144976dd50121/tumblr_mljcgpOD4Z1snjdf6o1_400.gif

Much feelings hurt

~Lil_Kizuna

RurouniGalt
November 20th, 2014, 03:25 AM
I will definitely be a tank from day one.

DOMOAKFrost
November 20th, 2014, 03:26 AM
She is not~
http://31.media.tumblr.com/6859f4e628573a9bf8e144976dd50121/tumblr_mljcgpOD4Z1snjdf6o1_400.gif

Much feelings hurt

~Lil_Kizuna

see? Withdrawal symptoms.

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 06:28 AM
see? Withdrawal symptoms.
Pfft now you're just making stuff up~ >:c

~Lil_Kizuna