PDA

View Full Version : 1 Server? 2 Servers? 3?

ArabPikachu
November 16th, 2014, 11:16 PM
As you guys may have remembered, Aeria had 2 Servers: onyx and sapphire. Sapphire was added due to a growth in population, but then they later considered a server merge that never happened before the game closed.

My question is: Would this game be better off with just one server or multiple servers.
All opinions are welcome.

~ArabSuperman

DOMOAKFrost
November 16th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Depends on what kind of support they have.

Starting with 3 and then merging down to 1 within 3 months seems to be a nice idea, provided they can actually do it fairly early and without problems.

If not... better start with just 1, let's not further split the community.

Xiaoming001
November 16th, 2014, 11:25 PM
So far, i am estimating that we will have a population is around 300 people, consider the difference in time zone, i don't see why we need 2-3 servers. Most vendors who hosted the game had only 1 server for DOMO and if my memory does not fail me, sapphire had lesser population and my friend from that server told me most of them had to go solo when players in Onyx are partying.

Oribani
November 16th, 2014, 11:29 PM
I think 1 - 2 would be most reasonable. I feel that 3 would just be too much unless we get that many people.. but I doubt we will.
One when the game opens up, and if the server reaches its capacity then 2.

JinxCat
November 16th, 2014, 11:55 PM
So far, i am estimating that we will have a population is around 300 people, consider the difference in time zone, i don't see why we need 2-3 servers. Most vendors who hosted the game had only 1 server for DOMO and if my memory does not fail me, sapphire had lesser population and my friend from that server told me most of them had to go solo when players in Onyx are partying.
There's 2,400 likes on Facebook... did you mean 3000? I imagine with mules/afk'ers, we'd have at least 500 or so on at once at least.
I like having one server unless it gets TOO crowded. Sapphire was unnecessary if you ask me, or at least it was unnecessary at the time it opened.

LadyOkamia
November 17th, 2014, 12:21 AM

Starting with 3 and then merging down to 1 within 3 months seems to be a nice idea, provided they can actually do it fairly early and without problems.

I agree with what you said. ^^! I would like one server so I can get to know everyone better but I know 1 server means more lag depending on the number of people in it

NARAPIDANA
November 17th, 2014, 01:32 AM
1 server, because we can start playing game together. like at DoMO TW.
all in 1 LOL
that is my opinion ;)

MuinXhan1
November 17th, 2014, 01:48 AM
1 server 1 community, better to stay strong together

NARAPIDANA
November 17th, 2014, 01:51 AM
1 server 1 community, better to stay strong together

I agree ^_^

MuinXhan1
November 17th, 2014, 02:21 AM
edit: didnt mean to double post

Kirbychu
November 17th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Definitely agree only one server. Chinese version only has one server and it's doing fine.

Now...what do you guys think the server should be called?

Carecrow
November 17th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Definitely agree only one server. Chinese version only has one server and it's doing fine.

"Default"

/10char

DOMOAKFrost
November 17th, 2014, 03:36 AM

onyx.

actually scratch that, test.

Carecrow
November 17th, 2014, 03:38 AM
What the point of there being a name, or even a server select screen if there's only one server?

DOMOAKFrost
November 17th, 2014, 03:41 AM
What the point of there being a name, or even a server select screen if there's only one server?

to showcase the ability to have more?

Agiantnotepad
November 17th, 2014, 03:41 AM

Think amount of time can be saved !

Carecrow
November 17th, 2014, 03:44 AM
Think amount of time can be saved !

I know, I just worked out I probably wasted 100+ minutes of my life on the server select screen. Can't get that back.

CloudMamori
November 17th, 2014, 03:44 AM
So long as we have a stable or somewhat stable economy? Lawd Saphire had the cheapest prices of Aerias and TW

I'd rather not be paying anything over 350k for any clean costume.

CloudMamori
November 17th, 2014, 03:45 AM

FlibbityFloo

Carecrow
November 17th, 2014, 03:45 AM
So long as we have a stable or somewhat stable economy? Lawd Saphire had the cheapest prices of Aerias and TW

That wasn't a random topic change

EnochP
November 17th, 2014, 04:43 AM
So far, i am estimating that we will have a population is around 300 people Really? Don't forget it's not just old people returning, there'll be thousands of new people too

Carecrow
November 17th, 2014, 04:45 AM
Really? Don't forget it's not just old people returning, there'll be thousands of new people too

I think the majority will be old players returning for the nostalgia. DOMO is a pretty outdated game.

EnochP
November 17th, 2014, 04:54 AM
I think the majority will be old players returning for the nostalgia. DOMO is a pretty outdated game.

Sure, but I doubt they'd open a server for 300 people, that doesn't make financial sense

Gambachi
November 17th, 2014, 05:56 AM
My inner soloist says Lots of servers! My inner party member says just 1 please!

Gambachi
November 17th, 2014, 05:57 AM

DOMO is timeless! :mad: :p

Livipo
November 17th, 2014, 06:42 AM
I hope there will be just one to begin with, and finally Onyx and Sapphire can be united! :D
Would be sad to see that all the people on the forums split in two..

On the other hand, if they start just one and then add one later it will probably be like before where one server has loads of people and the other is struggling to find teams!
And with all the PR they are trying to pull I would not be surprised if there will be 2 servers, maybe it's for the best after all..

So honestly, I don't know what I'd prefer. I'm just gonna go with whatever Suba decides :P

Hyan2014
November 17th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Just one will suffice

EnochP
November 17th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I imagine DOMO isn't resource intensive for servers (especially 7 years on) so I don't see the downside in 1

Kitemay
November 17th, 2014, 11:07 AM

it'd save time for the company if they needed another server

Kitemay
November 17th, 2014, 11:08 AM

me giving costumes away simply cause i thought someone else looked good in it might have helped XD

Kitemay
November 17th, 2014, 11:09 AM
DOMO is timeless! :mad: :p

agreed, domo is one game that is easy to join and hard to leave.

Kitemay
November 17th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I imagine DOMO isn't resource intensive for servers (especially 7 years on) so I don't see the downside in 1

you argument is valid.

NotHereCantDelete
November 17th, 2014, 11:41 AM
I do think there should be only one server to start with, odds are that'll be all we need anyway, besides, I want to be on the same server as people I used to know so I can pester them~

As for server names, I hope they avoid Onyx or Sapphire like the plague... Seeing as their site has a lot of green on it, maybe Emerald? I dunno, not much thought went into that lol

Hyan2014
November 17th, 2014, 12:34 PM
I do think there should be only one server to start with, odds are that'll be all we need anyway, besides, I want to be on the same server as people I used to know so I can pester them~

As for server names, I hope they avoid Onyx or Sapphire like the plague... Seeing as their site has a lot of green on it, maybe Emerald? I dunno, not much thought went into that lol

Name it Hyan

Nethys
November 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I'd rather we started with just one. I feel like fragmenting our community to start with would be a bad idea. As far as performance on servers; Yeah, it's old so it likely won't take too terribly much, but it's also quite possibly badly optimized.

Skyish
November 17th, 2014, 01:00 PM
One server is always a better option, unless you don't have an option to increase the server capacity.

KawaiiKneeGrow
November 17th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Maybe name it from one of the raid bosses.

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 07:34 PM
One server will be fine. Creates the illusion of immensely large community in most maps.

~Lil_Kizuna

FireaArt
November 17th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Name it Turquoise, after December's birthstone, since that'll probably be the month the game comes out in beta.

LilKizuna
November 17th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Name it Turquoise, after December's birthstone, since that'll probably be the month the game comes out in beta.

If we're going to name it though the GM's should hold a poll or something along the lines of the most popular names so far. My vote's on Onyx being one of those names.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 17th, 2014, 07:43 PM
If we're going to name it though the GM's should hold a poll or something along the lines of the most popular names so far. My vote's on Onyx being one of those names.

~Lil_Kizuna

Agreed. But not onyx :( me no like..... :(

ArabPikachu
November 17th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Extra post...??

LeThoor
November 18th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Greetings,
In my opinion they should start of with just one server and see how many people actually joins in and plays.
If DOMO grows (it sure will) they should add another server, but I think it will be more than enough to have only one server within the first two or three months.

-Thoor

EnochP
November 18th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Why not one server with several channels?

Best of both worlds then, so farming zones are constantly taken, but you don't need to make a new character to get away from everyone

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I agree with the 1 or 2 servers. It seems more reasonable. More if it becomes overcrowded.

KashyDragneel
November 18th, 2014, 02:14 PM
would be nice to see just 1 server to start with, i like the idea of channels, that way you can move around as needed.
Server name i would pick would be Phoenix, since you have to carry that damn egg around forever :p

Hopefully we will find out what that egg is for this time around

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 02:15 PM
would be nice to see just 1 server to start with, i like the idea of channels, that way you can move around as needed.
Server name i would pick would be Phoenix, since you have to carry that damn egg around forever :p

What egg :0

KashyDragneel
November 18th, 2014, 03:13 PM
The egg that you get at the end of the beast path mirror quest. Or at least the end as far as aeria went

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 03:16 PM
The egg that you get at the end of the beast path mirror quest. Or at least the end as far as aeria went

hm interesting never was aware of that lol
As for the servers, id rather have 1 populated server than 2 semi populated.
That's just my preference

Yaoisama
November 18th, 2014, 03:17 PM
What egg :0

This egg! ^^

http://i57.tinypic.com/2csbecz.jpg

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 03:19 PM
This egg! ^^

http://i57.tinypic.com/2csbecz.jpg

Oh... THAT egg.

TheIssing
November 18th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I think one server is more than enough for a start. that way we don't accidentally end up scattered in a different server from our friends from the go and we would have a more connected server that ain't super small? with names for servers, I'm just happy if they are related to the game :P

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I think one server is more than enough for a start. that way we don't accidentally end up scattered in a different server from our friends from the go and we would have a more connected server that ain't super small? with names for servers, I'm just happy if they are related to the game :P

Agreed.
I think all the DOMOs started out with one. Aeria is the one that decided for another server.

Yaoisama
November 18th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I also vote for 1 server, multiple channels o/ <3

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 03:40 PM

Multiple channels is a great idea

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 05:57 PM

I remember that egg. It was a pain in the butt to get. And drove me nuts cause the storyline ended with the egg! >_< I'm like....Really???? Couldn't make the egg hatch or nothing! Just gathering dust in the bank! T^T

ItsBae
November 18th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Why not have one server and maybe 2 channels? That way we reduce lag, and no one permanently separated.

DOMOAKFrost
November 18th, 2014, 09:51 PM
last i spoke to softstar, they informed me domo can't accomodate channels.

so... that's that.

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 10:05 PM
last i spoke to softstar, they informed me domo can't accomodate channels.

so... that's that.

People were asking: is CBT going to be for kickstarter donors only or anyone can participate?

DOMOAKFrost
November 18th, 2014, 10:38 PM
People were asking: is CBT going to be for kickstarter donors only or anyone can participate?

why would I know, lol. Suba doesn't tell me anything.

Kaipiee
November 18th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I would be fine with just one server so we can all play together unless it gets overcrowded then i think we would need more.

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I would be fine with just one server so we can all play together unless it gets overcrowded then i think we would need more.

^agreed ^^

LuLuNoir
November 19th, 2014, 03:06 AM
It's funny that a lot of the ppl on the Onyx server thought that the Sapphire server was "pointless"... But in my opinion the Sapphire server is what made DOMO fun for me.

I started off in Onyx, hated the game and the community. And then when they opened Sapphire I moved onto that server. I loved the fresh start and really the new server is what made me fall in love with DOMO. If it wasn't for the second server I would have quit DOMO and never played it again.

So I'll honestly say that one server is good for a while but if there is a need for second server then I am all for it. But I doubt we'd need more than 2.

LilKizuna
November 19th, 2014, 05:49 AM
why would I know, lol. Suba doesn't tell me anything.

You don't know everything?

My faith in you has swayed mannn

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 08:36 AM

~Lil_Kizuna

Lmao :D :D

WinterSol
November 19th, 2014, 05:42 PM

I agree with this because once Sapphire server came out I felt like I lost contact with a bunch of friends who decided to switch.

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I agree with this because once Sapphire server came out I felt like I lost contact with a bunch of friends who decided to switch.

Your name is so familiar.

SeekingKnowledge
November 19th, 2014, 08:14 PM
It's funny that a lot of the ppl on the Onyx server thought that the Sapphire server was "pointless"... But in my opinion the Sapphire server is what made DOMO fun for me.

I started off in Onyx, hated the game and the community. And then when they opened Sapphire I moved onto that server. I loved the fresh start and really the new server is what made me fall in love with DOMO. If it wasn't for the second server I would have quit DOMO and never played it again.

So I'll honestly say that one server is good for a while but if there is a need for second server then I am all for it. But I doubt we'd need more than 2.

^Agreed. I spent very little time on Onyx, but then went back into Sapphire because it seemed a little more active. But then again I didn't spend very much time in Onyx server.

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I remember when sapphire first came out.
DOMO had a first-to-40-in-all-jobs contest.
That's probably why more people migrated to sapphire and onyx became deserted.

DOMOAKFrost
November 19th, 2014, 08:41 PM

~Lil_Kizuna

people who worship me are bound to be disappointed.

McLuv1n
November 19th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Really hope they have 1 sever with several channels, that would be ideal as a starting point. Can u imagine all the ppl trying to last hit that spider in the well for the main quest those 1st couple of days. Crap will definitely hit the fan.

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Really hope they have 1 sever with several channels, that would be ideal as a starting point. Can u imagine all the ppl trying to last hit that spider in the well for the main quest those 1st couple of days. Crap will definitely hit the fan.

Domo isn't compatible with channels. 1 server is enough.

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 12:56 AM
people who worship me are bound to be disappointed.

Welp, back to worshiping the spaghetti monster.

~Lil_Kizuna

MinatoU
November 20th, 2014, 02:30 AM
One Everlag for all

LuLuNoir
November 20th, 2014, 04:03 PM
One Everlag for all

Ah Everlag. The joy of your computer screen sputtering as you run by a thousand stalls. Ooohhh~ And that sparkly dust that used to fill the air. Lovely~

Kitemay
November 20th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Ah Everlag. The joy of your computer screen sputtering as you run by a thousand stalls. Ooohhh~ And that sparkly dust that used to fill the air. Lovely~

archosaur city in perfect world. even i got lagg there >.>