PDA

View Full Version : DOMO Release Date

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Any educated release dates of our beloved DOMO is appreciated.

My guess: closed beta: somewhere around December 10-20ish
Open beta: New Year's Eve???

~ArabSuperman

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Well the kick starter packages are saying estimated delivery for January so around then is my guess. really hoping sooner though. I think I'll burst if have to wait till then lol

If the team do not mind giving up their New Year for Domo then sure lol. I'll be quite the drunken sprite if they do though. :O

ArtemisX
November 18th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Well originally Suba did say that they were aiming to release the game by the end of the year, I would say that is a decent educated guess give or take a few weeks.

Of course there's always a chance that things changed on their end. So for now we can just remain hopeful that they can still release it in some form by the end of the year. c:

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Well the kicker starter packages are saying estimated delivery for January so around then is my guess. really hoping sooner though. I think I'll burst if have to wait till then lol

Really hope so. I'm taking 8 units in college this winter and will not have much time to play domo. Hoping it comes out before January 1st as that's when school starts.

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Really hope so. I'm taking 8 units in college this winter and will not have much time to play domo. Hoping it comes out before January 1st as that's when school starts.

January the 1st here is a holiday... Thank the beer gods! Hope you get is sooner. Its only just over half way through November so there is a good chance I think we will be playing before then. Fingers and toes crossed!

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 01:12 PM
January the 1st here is a holiday... Thank the beer gods! Hope you get is sooner. Its only just over half way through November so there is a good chance I think we will be playing before then. Fingers and toes crossed!

Actually I start Tuesday January 2nd. I forgot 1st is New Year's Day Bllahh...

Carecrow
November 18th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Educated guesses seem so educated when they're followed by triple question marks.

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Educated guesses seem so educated when they're followed by triple question marks.

Not sure whether I should be offended or not..

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 01:24 PM

Are you bored??? :p

Livipo
November 18th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I'm going to guess January (and maybe closed beta in December).
Anything before that will be a very welcome surprise! :P

Also.. Paper is due before xmas, I don't need any more distractions! xD

MikeSpo
November 18th, 2014, 01:55 PM
If they were doing Closed Beta & Open Beta release schedules, with Open Beta being in January, the Closed Beta would need to be within the new week or two. Closed Beta programs usually take upwards of a month, involve stress testing and stability as well as general bug-ironing. My guess is, and it would be a very sad thing, is that Kickstarter says January because Closed Beta for backers will begin in January and the game will release Open Beta sometime at the end of January or something.
Or they could just do away with Closed Beta all together and just launch, that'd be nice.

Oribani
November 18th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Kickstarter ends on December 5, so maybe Closed Beta will start a few days after.

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Kickstarter ends on December 5, so maybe Closed Beta will start a few days after.

Yeah, after they make a pig skydive :/ I'm not too sure that is a great way to promote DOMO. People would think it's animal cruelty.

NotHereCantDelete
November 18th, 2014, 03:56 PM
They did say somewhere that for legal reasons it'd probably just end up being a stuffed toy pig or another person in a costume - I can imagine how ****ed off people would be if it was a pig lol (though they probably wouldn't mind eating it afterwards... double standards much?)

EDIT: Found the quote:
"A real pig will skydive in tandem with a professional. Though they are quick to add that it may end up being a stuffed animal or another skydiver dressed in costume, for legal reasons."

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 04:20 PM
They did say somewhere that for legal reasons it'd probably just end up being a stuffed toy pig or another person in a costume - I can imagine how ****ed off people would be if it was a pig lol (though they probably wouldn't mind eating it afterwards... double standards much?)

EDIT: Found the quote:
"A real pig will skydive in tandem with a professional. Though they are quick to add that it may end up being a stuffed animal or another skydiver dressed in costume, for legal reasons."

This should not be at the 5 grand mark if they decide to use a stuffed animal.

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Yeah someone faked a video of a cat doing a sky dive and the internet exploded with rage a while back. I think someone might of pointed that out to them after they posted that so they quickly changed it. :X

Even the spider challenge might get a few haters directed their way as it was just in the new recently that the UK series "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" were asked to stop challenges of the same nature. Which gave rise to some form of "stop humiliating the creepy crawlies" group or something.

Gotta love the internet. :awsum:

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Yeah someone faked a video of a cat doing a sky dive and the internet exploded with rage a while back. I think someone might of pointed that out to them after they posted that so they quickly changed it. :X

Even the spider challenge might get a few haters directed their way as it was just in the new recently that the UK series "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" were asked to stop challenges of the same nature. Which gave rise to some form of "stop humiliating the creepy crawlies" group or something.

Gotta love the internet. :awsum:

But does it really cost 7000$ for the spider challenge?
I'll do it for free for DOMo's sake and send it to them via Facebook.

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 04:26 PM
But does it really cost 7000$ for the spider challenge?
I'll do it for free for DOMo's sake and send it to them via Facebook.

I'm not sure i could *shudder*

McLuv1n
November 18th, 2014, 04:30 PM
They will release it when Psy puts out another Hit single off course.

NotHereCantDelete
November 18th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I'd gladly do it, I find spiders cute - In my home I'm the official spider remover lol
Yes, I've heard the whole I'm a Celebrity thing, seeing as I live in England, I can understand some of the rage though when it comes to them eating alive bugs. Eating something alive is just....
Though maybe for $7000...

JinxCat
November 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM
If they were doing Closed Beta & Open Beta release schedules, with Open Beta being in January, the Closed Beta would need to be within the new week or two. Closed Beta programs usually take upwards of a month, involve stress testing and stability as well as general bug-ironing. My guess is, and it would be a very sad thing, is that Kickstarter says January because Closed Beta for backers will begin in January and the game will release Open Beta sometime at the end of January or something.
Or they could just do away with Closed Beta all together and just launch, that'd be nice.
It would be stupid to give the items during closed beta because the characters will likely be wiped.
I'm not interested in seeing a stuffed animal skydive and that won't generate much interest. It costs very little to buy some spiders, use your own camera, and dump them on your head (they use the word volunteer so they won't pay someone).
They stated a while back that they were hoping by Christmas, whether that's CBT or OBT, I don't know, but most likely OBT will be in January due to the release date of the kickstarter items (You can't give in-game items if you don't have the whole game part) and at the very latest, February.
Looking at their usual announcement/forum release to CBT release, if they're doing CBT, it will likely be within the next month, probably around December 6th or so.

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 04:47 PM
It would be stupid to give the items during closed beta because the characters will likely be wiped.
I'm not interested in seeing a stuffed animal skydive and that won't generate much interest. It costs very little to buy some spiders, use your own camera, and dump them on your head (they use the word volunteer so they won't pay someone).
They stated a while back that they were hoping by Christmas, whether that's CBT or OBT, I don't know, but most likely OBT will be in January due to the release date of the kickstarter items (You can't give in-game items if you don't have the whole game part) and at the very latest, February.
Looking at their usual announcement/forum release to CBT release, if they're doing CBT, it will likely be within the next month, probably around December 6th or so.

Their kick starters goals don't make sense honestly

MikeSpo
November 18th, 2014, 05:02 PM
No one said they were giving Kickstarter items in Closed Beta, and even if they were, no one said they wouldn't give the items back in Open Beta. I currently have a Master Founder Pack with Orcs Must Die Unchained, which is Closed Beta. I got all my bonuses and items in Closed Beta and will get them again after they wipe for Open Beta and beyond.

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Perhaps they will launch the game sometime late December or perhaps in February. Either way....I hope I get a little more then 2 weeks of notice before it launches....I'm taking a one week vaccation to play non-stop the first week DoMo is out! >=P

FadeDragon
November 18th, 2014, 05:59 PM
December 25th 2014 beta with a reset for a Jan 1 2015 launch to ensure anyone with a life will be left out of the initial level rushing. :p

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 06:01 PM
December 25th 2014 beta with a reset for a Jan 1 2015 launch.

Christmas Day and New Years Day?? The boss of Suba Games must be a real slave driver! :EEK:

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 06:02 PM
December 25th 2014 beta with a reset for a Jan 1 2015 launch to ensure anyone with a life will be left out of the initial level rushing. :p

O_O Nuuuuuuu! -Rushes to catch up-

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 06:06 PM

That will be me :( I start winter session January 2, taking 8 units D: and won't have much time to play. That's why I'm hoping suba can release it a little earlier.

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 06:16 PM
So Jan 1st would be the official relaunch? o_o

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 06:18 PM
So Jan 1st would be the official relaunch? o_o

No, no one knows yet.

SeekingKnowledge
November 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM
No, no one knows yet.

Ok. xD I'm abit tired so bare with me. >_<

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Ok. xD I'm abit tired so bare with me. >_<

I feel like bursting from excitement...
Our home is coming back !!!

Oribani
November 18th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Oh I have a question for those who have played open beta in any other game,

do they delete the character after Open Beta first so everyone has a fresh start, or is it only for closed beta that they delete your character?

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Oh I have a question for those who have played open beta in any other game,

do they delete the character after Open Beta first so everyone has a fresh start, or is it only for closed beta that they delete your character?

You get wiped after CBT

Gambachi
November 18th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Do all the names get wiped as well? That could be quite problematic if not for those wishing to go back to their old names.

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Do all the names get wiped as well? That could be quite problematic if not for those wishing to go back to their old names.

Your character/ account will still be running, you will just have nothing in your inventory and your level will be reverted to 1.
You will keep your name.
Anybody have an idea how subagames is going to select beta players?
Will it be the kick starter donors?

Savven
November 18th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Your character/ account will still be running, you will just have nothing in your inventory and your level will be reverted to 1.
You will keep your name.
Anybody have an idea how subagames is going to select beta players?
Will it be the kick starter donors?
They usually let everyone participate in closed beta

KratosDOT
November 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Also, for anyone who may not have seen Suba's post on facebook, they still have a lot of in house testing to do before they can announce a release date, or a closed beta date even.

ArabPikachu
November 18th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Also, for anyone who may not have seen Suba's post on facebook, they still have a lot of in house testing to do before they can announce a release date, or a closed beta date even.

Just saw that too :/

LuLuNoir
November 19th, 2014, 03:10 AM
DOMO will release when the fiery pits of hell open up and the Eversun Elder comes out to step foot on land once again taking his rightful place as true ruler of Eversun City and all its' inhabitants.

ALL HAIL THE TRUE KING!~

JinxCat
November 19th, 2014, 03:25 AM
No one said they were giving Kickstarter items in Closed Beta, and even if they were, no one said they wouldn't give the items back in Open Beta. I currently have a Master Founder Pack with Orcs Must Die Unchained, which is Closed Beta. I got all my bonuses and items in Closed Beta and will get them again after they wipe for Open Beta and beyond.
It sounded like you were suggesting they were giving kickstarter items in January because you said: "My guess is, and it would be a very sad thing, is that Kickstarter says January because Closed Beta for backers will begin in January". But ah okay, well I did not know that but that seems like too much of a hassle to me, then again you can test the items for glitches/bugs.
Then with that and their recent update, I imagine CBT will be sometime in December or January, and OBT will be no later than March.

Gambachi
November 19th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Aww no release date for a while.

Still It is good to know they are working on it closely with the Devs. :)

LilKizuna
November 19th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Release Date : Soon™

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 08:40 AM

~Lil_Kizuna

Hopefully your right.

GameGrave
November 19th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I was about to say my "educated guess" but its more like what i hope happens is that beta will be around christmas or the latest new years so we can have some pseudo christmas events lol and then have launch sometime in january

LuLuNoir
November 20th, 2014, 04:27 PM

~Lil_Kizuna

LMAO that is so Aeria. Makes me think about Lime Odyssey. ;_;

Oribani
November 20th, 2014, 05:42 PM
LMAO that is so Aeria. Makes me think about Lime Odyssey. ;_;

I've been waiting for Lime Odyssey for a while. I don't even know what Aeria is doing with it right now. LOL

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I've been waiting for Lime Odyssey for a while. I don't even know what Aeria is doing with it right now. LOL

Fail Aeria, so fail. I'm glad domo is in good hands now.

LuLuNoir
November 21st, 2014, 06:13 PM

Well the developer is bringing it back to the chopping block AGAIN lol.

LadyMae
November 22nd, 2014, 08:55 AM
I believe it would be smart to get domo started around Christmas, the people would have more money in their pockets to spend o:

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
I believe it would be smart to get domo started around Christmas, the people would have more money in their pockets to spend o:

Subagames, hire her! ^
I agree

NotHereCantDelete
November 22nd, 2014, 10:52 AM
People would have more money around Christmas?
This is the poorest I've been all year....

RurouniGalt
November 22nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
I was supposed to use my Christmas bonus for gifts... but if DoMo releases before I get the chance hehe.

Vanland
November 22nd, 2014, 12:51 PM
The idea is good, but even if the CB comes during that time .. there will be no cash shop and thus nothing to spend it on.

Once the CB is over I hope they address the found issues first and, for our Dear Lord's sake, do a _proper_ advertisement campaign in the build-up for Open Beta. Trailers, video interviews with Suba employees in which they explain why they picked up DoMo & what plans they have for it, official statements, "developer diary" entries etc. are all things that will be picked up by the various sites concerned with MMOs out there and spread the word relatively fast. Could even throw in some "Design your own [...]" events and voila.

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 01:23 PM
I was supposed to use my Christmas bonus for gifts... but if DoMo releases before I get the chance hehe.

I'm way ahead of you ^^ :p