PDA

View Full Version : Psy

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 02:43 PM
What is your opinion of singer Psy?

Does he qualify to represent our beloved DOMO?

Opinions please

~ArabSuperman

Kirbychu
November 19th, 2014, 02:55 PM
No way in this world will the kickstarter raise $200,000 so I'm not really concerned about him representing DOMO.

I like Gangnam Style despite its overplaying and even though most people hate it. I've listened to a few of his other songs, and a few of them are okay but Gangnam Style seems to be his best one in my opinion.

If he did do a song for DOMO, I think a lot of people would not want to play DOMO. There are a large number of people who don't like Psy and if they saw that a game had him do a song they would go out of their way to NOT play that game. So to answer your question, no I don't think Psy is a good choice to represent DOMO, but we really have no say in the matter (though like I stated above, we don't have to worry about it). Who would be a better choice? Probably anyone. Lindsey Stirling would be cool (though there would likely be no lyrics unless she teamed up with another singer again) maybe like a cover of some DOMO in-game music. Honestly they probably wouldn't have to pay her as much as Psy lol.

As cool as it would be to have a singer make a song about DOMO, I think we're gonna have to settle for regular advertising. I'm hoping they raise enough to do a TV commercial - that would help a lot I think.

DOMOAKFrost
November 19th, 2014, 02:58 PM
http://youtu.be/_tILqds7-jg

Livipo
November 19th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Not really, no..

I also think that Lindsey Stirling would be a better artist for it. Doesn't need lyrics to be awesome! :D

NotHereCantDelete
November 19th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I hate Gangnam style. It's just... If you went for a walk in a field full of cows, gangnam style is worse than the stuff you'd have to scrape off your boots when you got home.
I accept some people like it but this is just my opinion.

Azullama
November 19th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Not really, no..

I also think that Lindsey Stirling would be a better artist for it. Doesn't need lyrics to be awesome! :D

Yes please

Sqweezy
November 19th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Can someone clear me up? I'm not really involved with Psy-DOMO and idk what's going on .. :'(

NotHereCantDelete
November 19th, 2014, 03:57 PM
"$200,000
Suba will invite Korean rapper Psy to perform a special song for Dream of Mirror Online."

Quoted from here: Link (http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/36865/dream-mirror-online-launches-unusual-kickstarter/)

Seems unlikely they'll reach that goal anyway...

Sqweezy
November 19th, 2014, 04:01 PM
"$200,000
Suba will invite Korean rapper Psy to perform a special song for Dream of Mirror Online."

Quoted from here: Link (http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/36865/dream-mirror-online-launches-unusual-kickstarter/)

Seems unlikely they'll reach that goal anyway...

Thanks for the clarification. Not too sure what to think about it.. personally i don't really like Psy but i think it'd get a lot of people's attention.

Oribani
November 19th, 2014, 04:01 PM
If Lindsey Stirling played a song for DOMO, oh my gosh
It'd be perfect.

But as the other said I honestly doubt they will reach that goal.

TheRealTangerine
November 19th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I heard they were replacing Psy with Miley or Kesha.... <3
And by heard, I mean hope.

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I heard they were replacing Psy with Miley or Kesha.... <3
And by heard, I mean hope.

Not Miley. Not Kesha.
That would be an absolute disaster for Domo.

TheRealTangerine
November 19th, 2014, 05:35 PM
It wouldn't ;(

DOMOAKFrost
November 19th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Should go with the red army choir.

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Should go with the red army choir.

Never heard of them. What genre are these so called "red army choir"?

TheRealTangerine
November 19th, 2014, 05:37 PM
I had to google that, but you really like Russia don't you? *.*

Oribani
November 19th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Now that I think about it,

If PSY were to perform the song, he would post it on Youtube.

I do not want that to happen.

I have seen the comments on Youtube and I lose my IQ just looking at them.

DOMOAKFrost
November 19th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Never heard of them. What genre are these so called "red army choir"?

they mostly do military marches and folk songs.

Gambachi
November 19th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Might not be anyone. The kickstarter seems down. :EEK: Don't panic! Don't Panic!

Oribani
November 19th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Might not be anyone. The kickstarter seems down. :EEK: Don't panic! Don't Panic!

Eh? The Kickstarter is fine for me.

Gambachi
November 19th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Eh? The Kickstarter is fine for me.

Oh is it? Its giving out a 404 to me. :ehh:

Gambachi
November 19th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Hmmm Okay the link in the Kick starter thread is not working but the link on the Domo facebook and twitter is. I think someone just made a booboo with the links.

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Works fine for me.

SeekingKnowledge
November 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Not too sure Psy would bring alot of positive feedback for DoMO. :(

Oribani
November 19th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Not too sure Psy would bring alot of positive feedback for DoMO. :(

Agreed. I honestly think DOMO shouldn't have a song performed for it, especially if its going to be exposed to a terrible community.

SeekingKnowledge
November 19th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Agreed. I honestly think DOMO shouldn't have a song performed for it, especially if its going to be exposed to a terrible community.

Exactly. The last thing we need for our beloved community is negative feedback from new players that bring that into the game. It would turn alot of older players off from our beloved game. :S And that's the last thing we need.

KawaiiKneeGrow
November 19th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Hey, at least it's not Lil Wayne.

Oribani
November 19th, 2014, 09:13 PM

That'd be a disaster omg LOL

Kaipiee
November 19th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Let's not wish that upon us lmao

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Why is everyone hating on lil Wayne. He wouldn't even want to sing a song for domo.

Kaipiee
November 19th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Why is everyone hating on lil Wayne. He wouldn't even want to sing a song for domo.
I'm not even remotely hating.

GameGrave
November 19th, 2014, 10:48 PM
lol do an animated psy wiuth domo characters doing gangnam style in like a mmd or something

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Liked Psy but then he sort of fell-off with his songs. Keep in mind this is me listening to him before Gangnam Style. Still at least he still makes his music videos interesting.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Liked Psy but then he sort of fell-off with his songs. Keep in mind this is me listening to him before Gangnam Style. Still at least he still makes his music videos interesting.

~Lil_Kizuna

Interesting? Is there even a meaning to his randomness?

DOMOAKFrost
November 20th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Interesting? Is there even a meaning to his randomness?

Gangnam Style is actually satire, believe it or not.

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Gangnam Style is actually satire, believe it or not.

Matter of opinion. Maybe first time you watch his video. More than that it's just plain annoying.