PDA

View Full Version : Why do you DOMO?

McLuv1n
November 19th, 2014, 05:54 PM
I had never experienced MMOs for myself before, only heard from friends how much of a time sink and an addiction it is. Domo was initially supposed to be a time waster for me in between semesters in college. Now looking back 6 years to when I first started playing Domo, I have to say, I have never regretted it. Along the way I made both friends and rivals, many of whom I still keep in touch with. Domo wasn't just another MMO, the distinctive gameplay aspects and an even more exceptional social community made the game a truly unique experience. So it was a heartfelt farewell when I heard Domo was being shut down by those who must not be named. And an even greater excitement when I heard it was being revived.

No other game has been able to keep my attention like Domo did. I have tried many other MMOs since then and I always kept coming back. It was my first and it could be my last, who knows?

Sooo…. Why do I still DOMO? Maybe it’s the gameplay, the community, that kickass soundtrack, or even Nostalgia, who cares?

The real question is “Why do you DOMO?” (Yes, DOMO is now a Verb).

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Because domo is a part of my heart from birth :0

Gambachi
November 19th, 2014, 06:10 PM
I DOMO because of that something and the many other special things about it. I came from playing the original Guild Wars for a few years so to go from that to Domo was a bit of a dramatic change. I think it was the art style that drew me to DOMO originally (Which still looks great now so that is not all that surprising). Then When I started discovering the job system and it's wacky community, I was hooked. :)

Oh and Scotty McCool of course!

Oribani
November 19th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I don't know.. DOMO is the only MMO that has made me felt nostalgia. I couldn't forget about it no matter what, and I would remember it at least once a month and talk about it.

The server I was on had a great community, and I made wonderful friends and found a guild that I could call family. Something about DOMO makes me come back every time. I usually just go to a game, play for a while, then just lose interest in it. I played many other games thinking it could replace DOMO but nope. It can't. When I heard that DOMO was coming I couldn't believe it since it's been so long. Every game forum I went to and there was a thread that asked, "If you could bring back any game, would what it be?" a few people would say DOMO. Subagames made a great choice to open DOMO up again, and I'm so happy they did.

I know I probably won't see my old friends again, but there is always opportunities for new friendships. ;u;

NautX
November 19th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I DOMO because of the amazing community. I remember I was just starting to get into MMO's when I found DOMO with my best friend and ally Xusachi. We both started at the same time and originally we thought we'd play for about 2 weeks and move on, like we always did. When I realized how much fun it was to just talk to people in game and forge our own adventures, I was hooked. Then I created a guild, filled it with the most interesting (insane) people I could find, and continued being hooked like a fish to a lure. This game is hands down the best one I've ever played, and I'm elated to know that it's being revived. Big shoutout to all former members of FOUR CORNERZ. You guys made this game a home for me, and it was a pleasure knowing each and every one of you.

DOMOAKFrost
November 19th, 2014, 06:32 PM
hm, inertia.

SeekingKnowledge
November 19th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I do DoMO simply because of the awesome community and unique style of gameplay. Out of the few MMO's I've tried.....NOTHING comes close to DoMO!

FoxyFi
November 19th, 2014, 08:19 PM
DoMO is one of the few MMOs out there that encouraged people to work together...at least in the beginning. You got to meet SO many new people and have so much fun just joining AoE parties...and you could change up what you were doing on the fly so you wouldn't get bored. Tired of healing? Swap to mercenary! That's one unique aspect I love about it, and one that it perfected. So many other games have tried this style of gameplay (sub-classing, switching jobs up as needed) but none of them have captured the pure magic of the DoMO system. (FFXIV comes to mind....the sub-classing system was meh at best.)

DoMO was my after school go to. I began playing with my high school friends, but I continued playing for a long time after they stopped. I met a lot of really cool people, lead my own guild (Nekkid Knights for life!), made friends, lost friends, fell in love, and felt like I was apart of something much bigger than myself all while playing DoMO. Honestly, a big part of where I am in life right now is because I downloaded this little MMO I knew nothing about just to give it a try. The people I met, the experiences I had here, it all was a part of me growing up. Every other game I've played, I've gone into with somewhat jaded expectations. I wanted it to live up to DoMO, but nothing ever did really. I'm glad to see it's coming back. =)

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 08:23 PM
DoMO is one of the few MMOs out there that encouraged people to work together...at least in the beginning. You got to meet SO many new people and have so much fun just joining AoE parties...and you could change up what you were doing on the fly so you wouldn't get bored. Tired of healing? Swap to mercenary! That's one unique aspect I love about it, and one that it perfected. So many other games have tried this style of gameplay (sub-classing, switching jobs up as needed) but none of them have captured the pure magic of the DoMO system. (FFXIV comes to mind....the sub-classing system was meh at best.)

DoMO was my after school go to. I began playing with my high school friends, but I continued playing for a long time after they stopped. I met a lot of really cool people, lead my own guild (Nekkid Knights for life!), made friends, lost friends, fell in love, and felt like I was apart of something much bigger than myself all while playing DoMO. Honestly, a big part of where I am in life right now is because I downloaded this little MMO I knew nothing about just to give it a try. The people I met, the experiences I had here, it all was a part of me growing up. Every other game I've played, I've gone into with somewhat jaded expectations. I wanted it to live up to DoMO, but nothing ever did really. I'm glad to see it's coming back. =)

Just..........wow

SeekingKnowledge
November 19th, 2014, 08:27 PM

Makes this awesome game all the more worth it because of the community.

FoxyFi
November 19th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Just..........wow

Sorry meant to slap a warning label on it. Wall of pink incoming!

As an aside, I wish I could get that sense of childlike wonderlust back. I've become very cynical since that time. :awsum:

ArabPikachu
November 19th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Sorry meant to slap a warning label on it. Wall of pink incoming!

As an aside, I wish I could get that sense of childlike wonderlust back. I've become very cynical since that time. :awsum:

No it's not that. It's just the amount of passion and love you put for domo. It's people like you who will keep the game running.

Nethys
November 19th, 2014, 08:39 PM
DoMO's a special game. Its class system is amazing, and largely unique in execution. Even if you've capped one job, you have 13 more to level up, there's just so much to work on. Then you have things like alchemy, pets, trading, marriage... A bunch of stuff to do aside from levelling. The feeling of community felt there was crazy. Yeah, some people fought with each other, some people hated others, but no matter where you went you were generally accepted. A decent bit of the active population spent 90% of their time just sitting in Everlag talking with each other. And that was normal.

I've met a few people in-game that I still talk with on a daily basis, 2 or 3 years after the server shut down, and that was long after we stopped playing super regularly. One of those people has essentially changed my life, and he's basically my best friend in the world.

There is a bit of nostalgia for the game itself, but I think that a lot of us are coming back hoping the community is similar. I just really hope people don't fragment the community and mess up what was one of the best things about the game.

Millkbox
November 19th, 2014, 09:35 PM
This game is seriously not like any other. It's incredibly unique and you always have something to do.
Wanna team party? Go party. Wanna solo instead? Ok then pal, go solo. Your pockets are empty? Go farm and earn some money.
What especially kept me around to the end of Domo was the job system. You didn't just have to play one role, but you could choose what you wanted. A lot of other mmo's I've tried were repetitive and just.. dull. It didn't have that magic Domo brought me. Domo is a whole other life you've created and has a wonderful community to go with it.

Kaipiee
November 19th, 2014, 09:36 PM
I DOMO because of the amazing community. It also has a special place in my heart. I met friends that I still talk to and that the game play is by far the most unique I have ever experience.

Superstarstrike
November 19th, 2014, 10:27 PM
I didn't feel forced to do everything so quickly without having to quit the game.

GameGrave
November 19th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Its where I fell in love met wonderful friend had my heart broke made amazing memories. The happiest years of my life were playing domo. And I want to make even more memories maybe even fall in love again lol.

LilKizuna
November 19th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Because its better than Second Life.

~Lil_Kizuna

Madelia
November 20th, 2014, 12:39 AM
I domo (and always will be) because it's the one thing i had fun doing and where i met wonderful people.

When i started playing domo i was at one of the lowest points in my life (i was what 12? something like that). I had to put up with a whole class bullying me, getting diagnosed with autism and ending up in the children's psychiatric ward from a big hospital. I hated everything and everyone and was at the point where i refused to go outside or even be awake at the same time as my family just to avoid them. So when i was up at night i played domo and in the end the people i talked to there helped me more than some of the doctors in the hospital did.

And here's where i am now working, being happy, having a good relationship with my parents. And even now i remember some of the people who helped me through all that, i might not be in contact with them anymore but i'm grateful to them and of course the domo \o/.

And that's for me the reason why i domo. (do excuse me for ranting owo)

NautX
November 20th, 2014, 01:47 AM
I domo (and always will be) because it's the one thing i had fun doing and where i met wonderful people.

When i started playing domo i was at one of the lowest points in my life (i was what 12? something like that). I had to put up with a whole class bullying me, getting diagnosed with autism and ending up in the children's psychiatric ward from a big hospital. I hated everything and everyone and was at the point where i refused to go outside or even be awake at the same time as my family just to avoid them. So when i was up at night i played domo and in the end the people i talked to there helped me more than some of the doctors in the hospital did.

And here's where i am now working, being happy, having a good relationship with my parents. And even now i remember some of the people who helped me through all that, i might not be in contact with them anymore but i'm grateful to them and of course the domo \o/.

And that's for me the reason why i domo. (do excuse me for ranting owo)

If i could like this 1000 times i would. This is why we DOMO. Domo is love. Domo is life.

TheRealTangerine
November 20th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Tbh domo to me is just like fb ......its more social than a game. I'll prolly just sit and chat rather than do anything ...why am I even wanting to play actually rofl.

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Tbh domo to me is just like fb ......its more social than a game. I'll prolly just sit and chat rather than do anything ...why am I even wanting to play actually rofl.

That's actually how I felt about it as well. The community was so lively back when I started and parties were actually fun to play with. Though I did spend most of my time soloing. Whether you had inept teammates or not the conversations were always intriguing.

Hopefully this time around it'll be just as fun.

~Lil_Kizuna

OmfgSoySauce
November 20th, 2014, 07:00 AM
I domo coz it's not hard to level pretty far in the game; it takes a lot of time though. I hope reskills/restats will be cheap because that let me experiment and mess around with each class. Each class had something that was unique for them as well; it was also evident through monsters (e.g. dancer mobs have high m.eva).

I also domo coz of the community. I'm not very social but people add me to friends anyway. Some even converse with me, which is rare. The community was pretty nice from what I've experienced. Even when I got a nurse sara and solo'd, a stranger or two would chat with me.

Finally, I domo as an excuse to watch shows while I play. I've watched a ton of shows/anime/cartoons while leveling/farming.

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 08:37 AM
1. Social community
2. Pets
3. Leveling
4. Guild
5. Pupus
6. Globs

FadeDragon
November 20th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Why do I DOMO? That's a pretty loaded question. First you'd have to understand how I discovered Domo.

Pre-Domo there were very few options as far as mmorpgs. I played a game called tibia, which is a 2d hardcore open pvp sandbox mmo, for years I played and enjoyed tibia for some of its unique features. When the time came to jump to a 3d mmorpg there were a lot more options, and I set out to find a game that would replace tibias hardcore gameplay and unique systems. On that search I came across domo, not understanding the gameplay mechanics associated with themepark mmos at that time, I just sort of wandered and did my thing solo. The gameplay of domo was enough to keep me interested and I started to meet people and branch out into team-playing.

During my time in Domo, I came across many players of almost every walk of life. I got along with many, and occasionally some who rubbed me the wrong way. I was a part of several guilds and eventually settled in a little guild called Celestial. Through Celestial I made some extremely close friends who still play together and joke around to this day.

So cut to the present. I am excited for this launch of Domo mostly because my friends are excited for it. Its an excuse to get everyone together again and celebrate the game that started so much for us. Of course there are other considerations, I hope to reestablish my persona as a lovable, charismatic and badass Blademaster by reviving my sexy character. I look forward to tackling challenges like world bosses and Demons Tower again.

If I had to sum it up in one line: "I am excited to make new memories"

Loomynar
November 20th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Easiest answer. To play games. I'd rather play DOMO than AAA games tbh :^)

LoIcatKumi
November 20th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Because at that time I wished DOMO to be my last MMo.

And when I quit I wasn"t able to keep my self promise.
Then I wasn't able to stand with any new game (because of boredomness, bad community, game shutting down, or being too hard for me).

So.... I'm back! :D

LuLuNoir
November 20th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I DOMO because it helps keep me fresh~ And smelling like something flowery or perhaps like a rainbow covered in unicorn tears.