PDA

View Full Version : How has DoMO effected your life?

Eostre
November 20th, 2014, 01:58 AM
First off, I know it may sound silly, but DoMO had a huge impact on my life during the years I had played it. Some good, some bad but not once have I regretted it.
DoMO brought me my wonderful boyfriend whom I've been with for six years, and lots of wonderful friendships as well, it also helped me keep my mind busy during hardships in my life.

What has DoMO done for you? How has it effected you?

Agiantnotepad
November 20th, 2014, 02:08 AM
it is a drug, I need my fix~

Loomynar
November 20th, 2014, 02:54 AM
Well, it initially gave me something to do on my free time. But it struck to me as the most memorable and meaningful MMORPG I've played. There I found friendships, the kind of bonds which other games couldn't provide :p

DOMOAKFrost
November 20th, 2014, 03:24 AM
It made me lose faith in humanity.

...which, in the long run, is a good thing.

Gambachi
November 20th, 2014, 05:38 AM
It made my wallet cry on occasion but on the whole was a very good experience. Best MMO experience I think I have had and I was a Guild Wars veteran before hand.

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 06:31 AM
It keeps me from using my spare time on even dumber things.

~Lil_Kizuna

OmfgSoySauce
November 20th, 2014, 07:02 AM
It makes me want to reach the highest dps possible in any game; I don't care if I'm a suicide glass cannon /bm

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Good source of relaxation after a rough day.

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 08:31 AM
It keeps me from using my spare time on even dumber things.

~Lil_Kizuna

Like what ehm.

LuLuNoir
November 20th, 2014, 10:02 AM
DOMO helped me survive my teenage years. Especially with depression. Whenever I was lonely and sad I could just log in and have fun with people from all walks of life.

DOMO turned me into a terrible person. Bwuahaha

GameGrave
November 20th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I made some amazing friends that im still friends with to this day. no matter how far apart we are and no matter how long we go without talking as soon as we ring each other up its like we were never away from each other and just talk the night away.

NautX
November 20th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Domo turned me into the jackboot i am today. Cynical, sarcastic, and a lover of offbeat black humor. All in all, I think I turned out great :D

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I made some amazing friends that im still friends with to this day. no matter how far apart we are and no matter how long we go without talking as soon as we ring each other up its like we were never away from each other and just talk the night away.

Very touching.

TheIssing
November 24th, 2014, 03:52 PM
domo was there for me in a time where I hardly had any friends left and granted me new ones. sure I could only talk with them online, but I still got contact with most of them and we have even sent each others letters. It granted me a lot of good memories in a time where I struggled irl. so it had a lot of positive impact on my life and it helped to improve my English.

Gambachi
November 24th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Domo stopped me from taking over the world. Curse you DOMO! :mad:

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Domo helped me realise that I don't want/need loads of friends... 'cos when the s*** hits the fan you'll see loads of them run off and some even turn on you.
The ones that are left are gems, and it's that small group of friends I want to keep instead of having a huge circle.
I've always been a bit like this anyway but certain events on Domo really hit it home.

MrHikadaToYou
November 24th, 2014, 05:34 PM
DoMo got me laid IRL, yo.

Matchamatsu
November 24th, 2014, 05:41 PM
domo helped me realise that i don't want/need loads of friends... 'cos when the s*** hits the fan you'll see loads of them run off and some even turn on you.

^^^^^truth

DevilInGlasses
November 24th, 2014, 05:54 PM
DoMO's community was by far Aeria's friendliest. I made some good friends there, though unfortunately lost contact with many when the game closed and we headed to different games

LNova
November 24th, 2014, 06:20 PM
It ruined my life

Summerstream
November 24th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Domo brought me in touch with old friends, allowed me to make new ones, and it was really the first online game that I would always boomerang back to.

EvangelionO1S3v
November 24th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Domo was fun because of all of the friends I made on there, and of course those fun memories from being bane I was to the people who were hating on my swag. I had a good run on that game, can't wait to annoy Everlag again.

Summerstream
November 24th, 2014, 07:35 PM
domo was fun because of all of the friends i made on there, and of course those fun memories from being bane i was to the people who were hating on my swag. I had a good run on that game, can't wait to annoy everlag again.

is that the eva i think it is.

WildAngelSK2
November 24th, 2014, 11:09 PM
I met my best friend on DOMO.

Rockabyekit
November 24th, 2014, 11:45 PM

Thanks Shiiya <3

WildAngelSK2
November 25th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Thanks Shiiya <3

My TWO best friends.

Carecrow
November 25th, 2014, 12:17 AM
My TWO best friends.

Thanks Shiiya <3

DOMOAKFrost
November 25th, 2014, 12:26 AM

What am I then?

Carecrow
November 25th, 2014, 12:41 AM
What am I then?

the third wheel

Summerstream
November 25th, 2014, 12:50 AM
What am I then?

The god of the world?

DOMOAKFrost
November 25th, 2014, 01:29 AM
the third wheel

Oh god, We weren't in that kind of a relationship.

The god of the world?

define "god", and define "world"

Summerstream
November 25th, 2014, 07:25 AM
define "god", and define "world"

God
ɡ├Ąd/
noun
2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

World
wərld/
noun
2. a part or aspect of human life or of the natural features of the earth, in particular; everything that exists outside oneself.

Yes I'm being a little ****.

EnochP
November 25th, 2014, 07:38 AM
If anything it helped me learn to type faster. I'm at 120 WPM thanks to learning how to insult people quickly, because it was my first MMO

Rutella
November 26th, 2014, 12:40 PM
DOMO was the first place I felt comfortable speaking to people and making friendships since you had to to progress sometimes, as a kid with horrible social anxiety that meant a lot to me and still does
I met my first boyfriend on there and even though as the years went on and my friends left I was always able to make new ones somehow, I just miss it so much

EvangelionO1S3v
November 27th, 2014, 02:15 PM
is that the eva i think it is.

Probably not. My ign was Kokona; I was from Sapphire server.:awsum:

Kaipiee
November 27th, 2014, 09:14 PM
I had made lots of friends and learned from my mistakes in situations thanks to DOMO. It ruined my life and basically turned my from a try-hard to a idc student and it helped/worsen my depression (helped over all.)

GPolky
November 27th, 2014, 09:37 PM
If you ask my parents, it made me recede from the world.
If you ask me, it made me very social. I found a best friend, got closer to another friend, and met a lot of people. I was never good at conversation and I think DoMO helped with that. I'm more careful with what I say and a much better listener.
To be fair, I also ended up loosing a lot of sleep over this game and it was always on at least one computer. It was an obsession and it probably will be again.

MuinXhan1
November 28th, 2014, 12:41 AM
it almost made me fail high school, almost still passed in the top 30% my class!

Frodothehobbit
November 29th, 2014, 07:04 AM
almost make me become home sick :mad:

UmbyZero
November 29th, 2014, 08:10 PM
almost make me become home sick :mad:

I felt that way for a long time. Even before the game closed, I felt that way playing other games. Yet, I couldn't go back. It wasn't until earlier this year that I finally got over the bad feelings I had associated with certain aspects of DOMO (like friends leaving / guild dying). Now I can't wait to make new memories that hopefully won't get crapped on, lol.

Zoraidal
November 29th, 2014, 11:52 PM
I discovered DoMO after I was laid off from my job. I was completely depressed and then a friend introduced me to the game. From day one I met people that were kind to me and willing to help me out. I was invited to my first guild and the members and players in the game pulled me out of my funk and back into the world again. As corny as that might sound.

Caturdays
November 30th, 2014, 01:22 AM
I now live in a completely different country because of de DOMOs. kewlios.

Frodothehobbit
November 30th, 2014, 08:55 AM
I felt that way for a long time

at last i got someone feel the same with me.. :awsum: