PDA

View Full Version : Don't be this person

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 09:13 PM
3 hours ago, Dream of Mirror posted on there Facebook status saying: "while you are all waiting on for DOMO's launch. Feel free to check out Devine Souls! We have just started Open Beta. Join in on the action:"

As I was running through the comments of this post, I stumbled upon one that stunned my eyes to the screen.
Some people can be so selfish and demeaning.

Apparently this person doesn't appreciate all the work that is being put into reviving this heartwarming game.
We need to support Subagames in all that we can.

Please do not be this person. If Subagames requests something from us, we have to return the favor..

Personal thanks from me Subagames! If it weren't for you, all of this wouldn't be happening.

Here is the actual post

DOMOAKFrost
November 20th, 2014, 09:28 PM
suba is free to cross promote, he's free to not like that and voice his opinion.

If divine souls doesn't interest us, we're free to not play. We owe suba nothing because we are their customers, and it's their job to give us an offering we like (i.e. domo)

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 09:39 PM
suba is free to cross promote, he's free to not like that and voice his opinion.

If divine souls doesn't interest us, we're free to not play. We owe suba nothing because we are their customers, and it's their job to give us an offering we like (i.e. domo)

My opinion, he shouldn't have been too candid. Even if he felt that way. Do you think Suba would really appreciate what he said?

DOMOAKFrost
November 20th, 2014, 09:43 PM
My opinion, he shouldn't have been too candid. Even if he felt that way. Do you think Suba would really appreciate what he said?

one thing about public relations is that a bit of naysaying makes you look more honest than just having syncophonic voices.

FadeDragon
November 20th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Dude was honest at least, you can't pay for that kind of raw feedback.

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I don't see whats wrong in what he said. He's just brutally honest and I can respect that.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 09:59 PM
I'm just speculating, but this "naysaying" should be kept at a minimum to preserve the relationship between Suba and the players. Because if the players "dgaf" about Suba, then Suba won't when we need them. They're humans too and humans live by integrity, at least that's how it should be.

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I don't see whats wrong in what he said. He's just brutally honest and I can respect that.

~Lil_Kizuna

Brutally, in other words hurtful.

McLuv1n
November 20th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Lot of folks are on edge about the release of this game. He may be a bit forward and honest, but he is speaking his mind. 'MERICA

FadeDragon
November 20th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Lot of folks are on edge about the release of this game.

Soon as the riot starts, I'm breaking into the item mall and looting all the badges.

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Lot of folks are on edge about the release of this game. He may be a bit forward and honest, but he is speaking his mind. 'MERICA

Too early, way too early.

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Soon as the riot starts, I'm breaking into the item mall and looting all the badges.

You can't compete with my Subapoints. I'm stacked. :0 :0 :0

JinxCat
November 21st, 2014, 05:24 AM
His post would have been fine had he not said "idgaf about subagames" because he should. His comment likely won't change things but he should be more grateful because subagames is the one who is bringing this back. It's just rude. As far as not wanting the other games, fine, cool, me neither, but still.

Superstarstrike
November 21st, 2014, 05:54 AM
Let's be honest. Who else only came to Suba to follow, support the revival of, and play DoMO?

....Exactly. This was originally the same reason why I came here, though that was for Lucent Heart, a game I decided to try out after hearing that Suba was truly reviving it (and haven't played while Beanfun was hosting it).

It's totally fine to not have an interest in other games from the same publisher/developer. That's why publishers can make more money; they attract a more diverse audience. Was the guy harsh on what he said? Probably. Did saying "idgaf about subagames" help invoke this thread? Yes, and he does need to rephrase that because Suba has obtained DoMO and are testing it out to ensure a smooth release. Still, he doesn't have an interest in Divine Souls, neither do I, and perhaps neither do you.

Oh well, to each their own person, I guess.

NotHereCantDelete
November 21st, 2014, 06:10 AM
It's definitely the only reason I'm here - I've tried other MMOs since Domo but just never enjoyed them as much.
-killing time on my 3ds until it comes out-

TheRealTangerine
November 21st, 2014, 07:14 AM
Yup, I'm only on Suba for Domo.

Btw did anyone else have a heart attack when it was on about FB ...thinking OMG IS IT ME?....but it wasn't...PHEW.

EnochP
November 21st, 2014, 11:21 AM
I'd never heard of Suba before I was pointed to this direction

Don't forget they're not doing this from the charity of their hearts, it's to make money - the same reason any company does anything.

Not to say I don't welcome the game coming back.

LuLuNoir
November 21st, 2014, 06:30 PM
/shrug It's still not as bad as YouTube comments. LMAO

Vanland
November 22nd, 2014, 07:04 AM
The guy just said the truth in a blunt manner. Maybe not as smart to say it like that from a diplomatic point of view, but it's not wrong.

I'm just speculating, but this "naysaying" should be kept at a minimum to preserve the relationship between Suba and the players. Because if the players "dgaf" about Suba, then Suba won't when we need them. They're humans too and humans live by integrity, at least that's how it should be.
Relationship? This is a business. They give us the game, we appreciate their efforts and show our gratitude through our purchases. That is mutual respect if anything.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what Suba is doing here, and I'll be the last person to start smacktalking others. But I never heard of them before this, and only registered here for DoMo as well. To me, they are a or any company for that matter. To them, I am a customer. They host the game, I make an occasional purchase. Whether I act all nice or straight out blunt doesn't matter as long as no rules are violated and the income is decent.

MlyrinSauvelle
January 12th, 2015, 07:29 PM
His point was valid, but he wasn't classy about it. Criticism isn't a bad thing, being a jerk about it is. Every publisher ever promotes their other things through some other things much like suba did in this context.

The person in question may not be interested, but others may be. It's up to suba games to act on the feedback they get. It's up to the userbase to actually give feedback. If you don't agree with the jerk's opinion and do value suba's cross promotion, let them know. They can't make everyone happy but they can try to make the majority happy. They can't do that if people blindly support everything they do by being "faithful"

Like I said, criticism isn't a bad thing. As long as people aren't being jerks about it.

Kitemay
January 12th, 2015, 07:47 PM
personaly i tried divine soul, took me under twelve hours to lose interest in it. not into games that limit the amount of use per day... ain't nobody got time for dat... ok memes aside, i do like the look of Ace online and nine dragons, and if i can't fix cosmic break one of those two may take my PVP game slot.

Hendrex
January 12th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Some people just don't have any class, yea sure maybe he had his own opinion , but he could of said it a little better, sure a lot of us only came to Suba because we all googled "D.O.M.O making a come back 2014 " that's why I'm here, sure I just want Domo to be back too , and I'm not interested in any other MMO right now. I would like a decent game to play while i'm waiting however , Im sure Suba is working really hard to get domo up and running properly. Also Suba is a business and like any business they're in it to make money , so promoting games they host on their own FB page (which we choose to like and follow) is a great way for them to get more people to play/ spend money in cash shops , so customer or not, do we really have a say in if they advertise other games on their own page? I mean it could be worse , could have adds on youtube interrupting you favorite video ;-)

NotHereCantDelete
January 13th, 2015, 05:43 AM
Again, thread necro (was so tempted to copy my post from the other one lol) so I'm gonna lock this thread, if you want to continue this please start a new one!