PDA

View Full Version : Small Gathering suggestion

AnonymousNA
November 20th, 2014, 10:38 PM
All the old Domo players know, manually gathering materials is a huge time waste. 30 seconds to get 1/20 of a material. Sure, sure, we can afk, overnight even, but that's not healthy for our machines, or us. Can we instate some way to reduce the amount of time it takes? Perhaps a randomly located Confirm box, so that we gather a few seconds earlier, than if we afk'd it, or just cut the time down to 20 seconds per item. I'm even open to reducing the unrefined materials to 20 per stack to compensate. I know they're a huge market, but I'm suggesting this now before the game is launched, rather than when everyone is used to it again.

PS- what's the wording on multi-clienting for this upcoming host? Same as Aeria's (1 fighting, 1 collecting/selling/pet loyalty-ing)?

DOMOAKFrost
November 20th, 2014, 10:41 PM
All the old Domo players know, manually gathering materials is a huge time waste. 30 seconds to get 1/20 of a material. Sure, sure, we can afk, overnight even, but that's not healthy for our machines, or us. Can we instate some way to reduce the amount of time it takes? Perhaps a randomly located Confirm box, so that we gather a few seconds earlier, than if we afk'd it, or just cut the time down to 20 seconds per item. I'm even open to reducing the unrefined materials to 20 per stack to compensate. I know they're a huge market, but I'm suggesting this now before the game is launched, rather than when everyone is used to it again.

PS- what's the wording on multi-clienting for this upcoming host? Same as Aeria's (1 fighting, 1 collecting/selling/pet loyalty-ing)?

technically, it already exists.

The item got screen takes 3 seconds to go away on its own, so you save 3 seconds if you dismiss it manually

ArabPikachu
November 20th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Why are you asking us lol. We don't mod the game :p. Suba made a post on Facebook yesterday asking the players if we had any suggestion to how they can improve the game. Should check it out.

LilKizuna
November 20th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Would kind of make things too easy though.. I like it better the way it is.

~Lil_Kizuna

Zerbia11
November 21st, 2014, 12:16 AM
An item that -temporarily- halves collection time, but the other perks are kinda wasted unless you like to do alchemy on an alt. Badge of Fortune - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Badge_of_Fortune)

FoxyFi
November 21st, 2014, 12:23 AM
An item that -temporarily- halves collection time, but the other perks are kinda wasted unless you like to do alchemy on an alt. Badge of Fortune - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Badge_of_Fortune)

That's pretty cool. I vaguely remember seeing those in the AG DoMO, but I really never used a mule so I would not have had a use for it. Now that I look at it though, I might want to use it for alchemy. What exactly does the "Alchemy and weapon upgrade quality affected: 20" mean? Is that crafted items get +20 to max durability?

Zerbia11
November 21st, 2014, 12:24 AM
That's pretty cool. I vaguely remember seeing those in the AG DoMO, but I really never used a mule so I would not have had a use for it. Now that I look at it though, I might want to use it for alchemy. What exactly does the "Alchemy and weapon upgrade quality affected: 20" mean? Is that crafted items get +20 to max durability?

I believe it affects the chance or potency of getting green/blue stats. I could be wrong.

LuLuNoir
November 21st, 2014, 06:34 PM
You can always just buy what you need from other people. :3

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 06:39 PM
You can always just buy what you need from other people. :3

If I'm not mistaken, I think he's looking at it from money point of view.

LuLuNoir
November 21st, 2014, 06:56 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think he's looking at it from money point of view.

Oh, really? Anyways wasn't there some sort of alchemy fairy thing that helped with gathering? Hmm~

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 06:59 PM
Oh, really? Anyways wasn't there some sort of alchemy fairy thing that helped with gathering? Hmm~

That's to store the mats and make room in the inventory. He's looking for another way to speed up farming.

LuLuNoir
November 21st, 2014, 07:07 PM
Well technically it's not dual clienting IMO when you have two computers and you know.....use the other one to gather for you.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5471/9062800860_57068b621b.jpg

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 07:09 PM
Well technically it's not dual clienting IMO when you have two computers and you know.....use the other one to gather for you.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5471/9062800860_57068b621b.jpg

Actually it still is lol. Both computers use the same IP address. It makes it much harder to get caught but I wouldn't risk it.

LuLuNoir
November 21st, 2014, 07:11 PM
Actually it still is lol. Both computers use the same IP address. It makes it much harder to get caught but I wouldn't risk it.

/rollseyes Well technically when you get that far it's kinda a lot harder to prove you are dual clienting cause someone else in your house could be playing DOMO as well. But I dunno why'd there ever be a problem with dual clienting. I mean in my experience I only ever did it to gather and to AFK play with pets.

Are there any devious purposes I am unaware of?

DOMOAKFrost
November 21st, 2014, 07:11 PM

this was the only P/T badge aeria ever released.

think all of the holders were banned by the end of 2010 though for one reason or another.

DOMOAKFrost
November 21st, 2014, 07:12 PM
/rollseyes Well technically when you get that far it's kinda a lot harder to prove you are dual clienting cause someone else in your house could be playing DOMO as well. But I dunno why'd there ever be a problem with dual clienting. I mean in my experience I only ever did it to gather and to AFK play with pets.

Are there any devious purposes I am unaware of?

there are none.

however, people at aeria argued it was an unfair advantage against people with weaker computers.

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 07:38 PM
there are none.

however, people at aeria argued it was an unfair advantage against people with weaker computers.

Survival of the fittest.

CheanChan
November 21st, 2014, 07:49 PM
Multiple computers + multiple accounts = gooood game :3

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 07:55 PM
Multiple computers + multiple accounts = gooood game :3

I'd rather just buy suba points and save the time .

LuLuNoir
November 21st, 2014, 07:57 PM
I'd rather just buy suba points and save the time .

I have to agree. Buy ca$h $hop stuff then sale it in game over priced and use that gold to buy items other people have gathered. My plan is purrrfection!

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 08:01 PM
I have to agree. Buy ca$h $hop stuff then sale it in game over priced and use that gold to buy items other people have gathered. My plan is purrrfection!

I believe you can sell game cards for gold in game as well. Back in the days I used to sell 20$ Aeria cards for 2.4mill each

AnonymousNA
November 21st, 2014, 11:02 PM
technically, it already exists.

The item got screen takes 3 seconds to go away on its own, so you save 3 seconds if you dismiss it manually

As I recall, Hitting Confirm didn't actually do anything. The bar started to fill up, but it just hung there when it got full. It took exactly 30 seconds to get an item regardless if you let it time out, or if you hit confirm.

There's just alot of afk in the game between pets, materials, shops, even some quests for the right time of day, I want to cut down on some of it. I know it's a great Cash Shop incentive, so I don't want an over simplifying improvement (maybe 20 seconds was too high? idk. That's still 6'40 per refined material, not counting abysmal fail rates on tier 4-6.).

Oh and I'm posting it here, because forums seem a better place to garner support for a suggestion than facebook, and some people don't use facebook.