PDA

View Full Version : Build Plans when starting out

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 21st, 2014, 06:04 PM
So, a lot of us have played DOMO before, and we have the wiki to reference info from what we don't remember. I'd like to discuss building up characters early on.
What class will you mainly play first?
Which classes will you play as secondary classes?
What skills are you going for?

Knowing what I do about the game, I think magic classes are good early on because they share the wand, and skills requiring wands. Thief is also good, because the skills go well with most classes, and the dagger is usable on Witch Doctor as well as Mercenary.

Who here has a general plan for what they are going to do when they start?

My general plan is to play BladeMaster, and get support skills from Thief and Martial Artist.

Carecrow
November 21st, 2014, 06:12 PM
sub fan dancing on most jobs to 50, and doctor if there are no necklaces
if there are necklaces, sub archery/matyr on most jobs 50+
if there aren't necklaces, sub matry/blood curse poison on most jobs 50+

Oribani
November 21st, 2014, 06:13 PM
Dancer / Doctor

Mercenary and Musician

Not sure about skills.

DOMOAKFrost
November 21st, 2014, 06:13 PM
fencer, agi it up, equip sword, aoe every job.

then we'll see from there.

Gambachi
November 21st, 2014, 06:15 PM
A pet muse first as I plan on getting a pet asap, then either a doc for the early heals and then a job that's good at making the enemy more squishy for my pet to squash. :evil:

That is the plan on paper anyway.. I get easily sidetrac... Oh look a squirrel! :awsum:

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 06:30 PM
First week from launch: mercenary to cap
Second week: hunter to cap
Third and beyond: undecided

*getting the energy drinks ready*

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 21st, 2014, 06:36 PM
First week from launch: mercenary to cap
Second week: hunter to cap
Third and beyond: undecided

*getting the energy drinks ready*
Thief would probably be good after hunter, it is a good class for using a non-native weapon, because it has a plethora of skills in both of its slots which are not tied to weapons, and it has a great proficiency with bows.

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thief would probably be good after hunter, it is a good class for using a non-native weapon, because it has a plethora of skills in both of its slots which are not tied to weapons, and it has a great proficiency with bows.

I may consider that,

DoucheSack
November 21st, 2014, 07:46 PM
Are all classes balanced or are some overpowered like in pvp?

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 07:52 PM

Some jobs are stronger against certain jobs.
Some jobs are weaker against certain jobs.
Some jobs have equal strength between each other.

OmfgSoySauce
November 21st, 2014, 07:55 PM
BM to 16 for Lash out, etc., WD to 14 for blood boil and martial hex, Shaman to 14 for Spring Cleaning.
Fencer to 30 - Single Targets and Aoes. Get equip sword.
Thief to 30 - Get equip clothing, maybe dagger.
Either BM to 30 or Dancer to 30 next.

If we get attack speed pills and/or WD gets equip clothing again I'll get equip saber, otherwise Dagger.

BM and Hunter have high kill rates mid-end game.
Wizard has a high kill rate early-mid game, especially if using Doc's Soup of Self Preservation. Magic kills slower at 50+.
I've seen people sub Fan dancer and Heavy Armor, then aoe everything too.

PVP wise I have no idea.

CheanChan
November 21st, 2014, 07:56 PM
so ready for this

KawaiiKneeGrow
November 21st, 2014, 07:56 PM
Sad thing is no one plays pvp in domo

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 07:59 PM
Sad thing is no one plays pvp in domo

I used to pvp a lot with friends.

Nethys

I think it's a pretty commonly held opinion that MA is quite strong in pvp.

ArabPikachu
so ready for this

I feel ya! The excitement is unbearable.

FoxyFi
November 21st, 2014, 08:00 PM
My plan is to get doctor to 33 first for inner magic + doc equips. Once I have those, I'll probably level Wizard, using doc subs if need be. Following that, muse/dancer/shaman to 30 and beyond. After that I like to level doc/muse fairly evenly. But we'll see. =)

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 08:05 PM
My plan is to get doctor to 33 first for inner magic + doc equips. Once I have those, I'll probably level Wizard, using doc subs if need be. Following that, muse/dancer/shaman to 30 and beyond. After that I like to level doc/muse fairly evenly. But we'll see. =)

Sounds like a great plan :)

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 21st, 2014, 08:05 PM

The question is fairly irrelevant because you can take skills from any combination of jobs, and there are bound to be counters for anything powerful.
Like, you can have a mage with Heavy Armor on, but that armor decreases magic attack power, and has less defense against magic, and vice versa for robes.

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM
The question is fairly irrelevant because you can take skills from any combination of jobs, and there are bound to be counters for anything powerful.
Like, you can have a mage with Heavy Armor on, but that armor decreases magic attack power, and has less defense against magic, and vice versa for robes.
I'm with you on that one :) agreed

OmfgSoySauce
November 21st, 2014, 08:10 PM

It's only slightly true in PvE mobs. Skill spammers will do awful vs Dancer mobs. Melee jobs will do awful versus Mercenary mobs, maybe thief. Magic jobs will do awful versus Musician and Dancer mobs. I wouldn't say x job is stronger than y job though.

DOMOAKFrost
November 21st, 2014, 08:13 PM
this game's balance is awful.

the flip side is, you can't complain because you can play every job.

NautX
November 21st, 2014, 08:16 PM
my plans are to lvl thief to 30, then lvl hunter to 30, then lvl merc to 30, then lvl wiz to 30. then lvl doc to 30. then lvl thief to max. then softly caress your face with the pointy end of my knife.

KawaiiKneeGrow
November 21st, 2014, 08:19 PM
I think it's a pretty commonly held opinion that MA is quite strong in pvp.

They're OP at lvl 30 pvp level, but then they don't scale that great into later levels. A BM or Hunter would wreck them around endgame

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 08:30 PM
my plans are to lvl thief to 30, then lvl hunter to 30, then lvl merc to 30, then lvl wiz to 30. then lvl doc to 30. then lvl thief to max. then softly caress your face with the pointy end of my knife.

Great goals :) good luck

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 21st, 2014, 10:12 PM
Right now is a pretty good time to look around the domo wikia for skills and such and plan stuff out.
The reason I'm doing Blademaster with Thief and Martial Artist is because I was looking at some information on weapons and such; while looking at which classes have the most non-weapon required skills, I noticed Thief and Martial Artist having their skills split among their slots.

What this means is that I can focus on the bestial arts skill slot of the blademaster, neglecting the martyr arts somewhat, and have a more powerful thief and martial artist, dedicated to single target combat. I feel it's going to be fun trying this out.

Loomynar
November 21st, 2014, 10:16 PM
First, I'd level up doctor and musician/dancer for dem buffs. Next on, mercenaries and the spellcasting jobs for the wand, robes, and heavy armor. After all those prerequisite classes and equips have been obtained, I'd max my main glass cannon class, Blademaster! With the martyr skills I could help out the other classes especially on pvp. I remember using fencer's excellent disable then using those blademaster satyr skills to finish them off

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 10:17 PM
First, I'd level up doctor and musician/dancer for dem buffs. Next on, mercenaries and the spellcasting jobs for the wand, robes, and heavy armor. After all those prerequisite classes and equips have been obtained, I'd max my main glass cannon class, Blademaster! With the martyr skills I could help out the other classes especially on pvp. I remember using fencer's excellent disable then using those blademaster satyr skills to finish them off
Good luck on your goals :)

BlackBlade636
November 22nd, 2014, 01:16 AM
I plan on training doc, dancer, and muse in that order. Doc for first aid, inner, and frog buffs. Dancer for debuffs and muse for pets. After that I'll pick from merc, thief, or bm. This time around, I'm going to solo/duo from the start, but I'll still have a few team jobs. (If it's team, small team or duo, I usually play a supporting role.)

LuLuNoir
November 22nd, 2014, 01:19 AM
I am planning to build a robot to play the game for me while I am sleeping.

Step 1 of Phase 10 completed!~

MuinXhan1
November 22nd, 2014, 02:08 AM
this gonna sound like heresy but I'm gonna try Axe merc see how it goes

*waiting to be shoot stabbed and any other painful/hateful replies*
think I might've opened a can of worms upon myself lol

DOMOAKFrost
November 22nd, 2014, 02:11 AM
I am planning to build a robot to play the game for me while I am sleeping.

Step 1 of Phase 10 completed!~

inb4 banned for botting

nothing wrong with it at all, since doc can sub forms.

MinatoU
November 22nd, 2014, 02:57 AM
Should I post my master plan?

LuLuNoir
November 22nd, 2014, 03:27 AM
Should I post my master plan?

Does it involve plot holes and twists? *eats popcorn*

MinatoU
November 22nd, 2014, 07:42 AM
Does it involve plot holes and twists? *eats popcorn*

It's just a list of what jobs and skills I want to level for, but there's always twists on any journey

Frodothehobbit
November 22nd, 2014, 08:31 AM
It's just a list of what jobs and skills I want to level for, but there's always twists on any journey

show me ur list since i dont have a plan yet.. Maybe i can imitate urs using kakashi's eyes :p

LilKizuna
November 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Just gonna roll my face against the keyboard as a build and go from there.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Just gonna roll my face against the keyboard as a build and go from there.

~Lil_Kizuna
There hype is real.

Z0mb3h
November 22nd, 2014, 12:52 PM
I think I'mma level merc first for equip shield; work on alchemy too this time around so I can make my own HA and level that as well while I tank for parties. Doc and dancer will come next, doc maybe sooner or swapped in with merc sometimes so I can inner. After those maybe BM for equip LA.

Though for dancer; I'm torn if I want to do the normal magic aoe build, if I want to focus more on power for fan dances- or if I want to do a mash up of both. Because I want to be able to farm with my dancer decently and be able to solo some, but I also enjoy aoe'ing in teams.

OmfgSoySauce
November 22nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Though for dancer; I'm torn if I want to do the normal magic aoe build, if I want to focus more on power for fan dances- or if I want to do a mash up of both. Because I want to be able to farm with my dancer decently and be able to solo some, but I also enjoy aoe'ing in teams.

Worry after dumping into 103 agi :P
Unless you want more wis or something.

Z0mb3h
November 22nd, 2014, 01:16 PM
Worry after dumping into 103 agi :P
Unless you want more wis or something.

I don't solely dump agi in it at one time. xP Soo, yeah. Normally it's 2 agi and 1 wis- or power depending for me. Ofcourse most of the time I don't have solid plans; I just add in what I need. People always asked me what my dancer build was and I could never really answer them and just kinda shrug and tell them I do it randomly. 8D

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 01:19 PM

Go for it. I myself am going to do merc. Spear though.

MinatoU
November 22nd, 2014, 01:27 PM
Here is my master job plan:

Commoner 13 (Apex of Alchemy 6)
Wizard 20 -> 30(Equip Robe)
Thief 20 -> 26(Pilfer 5) -> 31(Pilfer 6)
Doctor 20 -> 30 -> 33(Inner Magic) -> 40 -> 50 -> 58(Regen11) -> 60 -> 61(FFf11) -> 63(Prolong11)
Hunter 20 -> 30(Aim) -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 66(Max Aim)
Musician 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 70(Pet Buffs)
Witch Doctor 20-> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 68(Max Blood Boil) -> 73(Max Martial Hex)
Blademaster 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 70 -> 73(Max Wolf/Dragon/Phoenix/AOA)
Martial Artist 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 70 -> 75(Max Boxing Glove Skills)

It's all for my single-target attack speed build that can easily solo or duo anywhere :)
Downside to my plan is that I'll have nothing to join AoE parties with other than doc(unless you let me play Puller)

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Here is my master job plan:

Commoner 13 (Apex of Alchemy 6)
Wizard 20 -> 30(Equip Robe)
Thief 20 -> 26(Pilfer 5) -> 31(Pilfer 6)
Doctor 20 -> 30 -> 33(Inner Magic) -> 40 -> 50 -> 58(Regen11) -> 60 -> 61(FFf11) -> 63(Prolong11)
Hunter 20 -> 30(Aim) -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 66(Max Aim)
Musician 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 70(Pet Buffs)
Witch Doctor 20-> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 68(Max Blood Boil) -> 73(Max Martial Hex)
Blademaster 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 70 -> 73(Max Wolf/Dragon/Phoenix/AOA)
Martial Artist 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 50 -> 60 -> 70 -> 75(Max Boxing Glove Skills)

It's all for my single-target attack speed build that can easily solo or duo anywhere :)
Downside to my plan is that I'll have nothing to join AoE parties with other than doc(unless you let me play Puller)

Wow. A lot of thought went into this! Hope you reach all the goals you have in this game :)

LuLuNoir
November 22nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
Wow MinatoU thats a pretty detailed plan. But how long do you think it will take to complete it? =o

MinatoU
November 22nd, 2014, 02:20 PM
Wow MinatoU thats a pretty detailed plan. But how long do you think it will take to complete it? =o

To be honest I wont be trying to do this as fast as possible, I'm more hoping to find a comfortable guild so I can relax and chat while levelling. I was trying to make my plan as small as possible so I just picked all the skills I like most xD Should be a late game powerhouse for raids with the option to play party healer too.
It'll also give me freedom to swap to all the other jobs to help anyone lagging behind the super speed levellers :P

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 02:30 PM
To be honest I wont be trying to do this as fast as possible, I'm more hoping to find a comfortable guild so I can relax and chat while levelling. I was trying to make my plan as small as possible so I just picked all the skills I like most xD Should be a late game powerhouse for raids with the option to play party healer too.
It'll also give me freedom to swap to all the other jobs to help anyone lagging behind the super speed levellers :P

Meanwhile, the competitive group is hitting caps in first week.

MinatoU
November 22nd, 2014, 02:35 PM
Meanwhile, the competitive group is hitting caps in first week.

It's the journey, not the destination

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 02:37 PM
It's the journey, not the destination

Agreed. Though I may just get merc capped the first week for personal reasons.

LuLuNoir
November 22nd, 2014, 02:42 PM
Agreed. Though I may just get merc capped the first week for personal reasons.

What are you gonna do about the heavy armor? THE HEAVY ARMOR?! ;_;

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 02:48 PM
What are you gonna do about the heavy armor? THE HEAVY ARMOR?! ;_;

Secret...*locks mouth with key and throws it in the ocean*

LuLuNoir
November 22nd, 2014, 05:45 PM
Secret...*locks mouth with key and throws it in the ocean*

*pushes you into the ocean*
Don't ask don't tell...
But I'll help you out if you tell me anyways!<3
Otherwise *readies the chum*

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 06:11 PM
*pushes you into the ocean*
Don't ask don't tell...
But I'll help you out if you tell me anyways!<3
Otherwise *readies the chum*

*gets out of the water dripping wet* how could you? D:

LuLuNoir
November 22nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
*gets out of the water dripping wet* how could you? D:

It was easy. I put a little energy into my hands and you fell in. /shrug
But tell me your secrets!~ Oh and I'm sorry.

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
It wouldn't be a secret if I told you.

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 22nd, 2014, 08:43 PM
What are your general plans for leveling?
I'm thinking of doing eversun elder quests while I'm starting out with Blademaster, then moving on to grind the giant man-eating marigolds in bigbeam for other classes to get them up quicker.

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 08:47 PM
What are your general plans for leveling?
I'm thinking of doing eversun elder quests while I'm starting out with Blademaster, then moving on to grind the giant man-eating marigolds in bigbeam for other classes to get them up quicker.

Sounds like a great plan :) hit me up on domo if your looking for a tank.

Mitzruti
November 22nd, 2014, 10:00 PM
probably going to bounce between muse/doc/merc early on, depending on what parties seem to need. gonna need to put a few levels in some other classes, like thief, for the subbing utility they give pretty early on too. I expect most of the first day for me will be just unlocking jobs and putting 4~6 levels on a bunch of them solo. not too much of a rush.

...it'd be nice if there was a decent costume for sale early on, so when I'm in the bits where I can tank naked, the rest of the party doesn't get all nervous about it x.x

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
probably going to bounce between muse/doc/merc early on, depending on what parties seem to need. gonna need to put a few levels in some other classes, like thief, for the subbing utility they give pretty early on too. I expect most of the first day for me will be just unlocking jobs and putting 4~6 levels on a bunch of them solo. not too much of a rush.

...it'd be nice if there was a decent costume for sale early on, so when I'm in the bits where I can tank naked, the rest of the party doesn't get all nervous about it x.x

Hopefully there will be some currency circulation after a few days.

Carecrow
November 22nd, 2014, 11:20 PM
Hopefully there will be some currency circulation after a few days.

most of the currency will be wound up in Prestige entry fees

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:04 AM
most of the currency will be wound up in Prestige entry fees

Speaking of entry fees... Has anyone showed interested in joining?

Carecrow
November 23rd, 2014, 01:06 AM
Speaking of entry fees... Has anyone showed interested in joining?

Of course.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:09 AM
Of course.

Okay let me finish my question. Like who?