PDA

View Full Version : Who is a Kickstarter Donor?

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 09:35 PM
Anyone who donated~ feel free to share your donations below! :)

My personal donation: $50

Xiaoming001
November 21st, 2014, 09:59 PM
your name will appear in the website, i wonder if they have upgrade the website

KratosDOT
November 21st, 2014, 10:07 PM
I most definitely will be soon, I just owe my parents money right now so I can't over spend lmao

Xiaoming001
November 21st, 2014, 10:20 PM
1 dollar donor is still a donor

ArabPikachu
November 21st, 2014, 10:24 PM
1 dollar donor is still a donor

Did you donate? Or are you just here to commentate?

Xiaoming001
November 21st, 2014, 10:59 PM
i am here to watch

FadeDragon
November 22nd, 2014, 12:04 AM
I did not donate to the kickstarter, its not going toward anything useful. I don't want to badmouth whoever's ideas the kickstarter goals are, I just don't think its a very focused marketing campaign. Its all really just an excuse to purchase some perks and prestige for the start of the game, which is great, I just don't care if I see a stuffed pig thrown out of a plane and I kinda don't want to see someone dump a bucket of spiders on their head at all.

I might do the 10 Dollar teir just for the title, not that big of a deal to me. None of the other rewards would be too useful out of the gate (50% badges are lame) and we haven't been shown any of the special colorations for the higher teir rewards as of yet.

DOMOAKFrost
November 22nd, 2014, 12:22 AM
I believe I've made my views on the kickstarter clear enough already.

They will not be getting any money from me with this method.

Savven
November 22nd, 2014, 12:23 AM
i may just donate a $1 or like 25 for a title lol

Squishington
November 22nd, 2014, 12:35 AM
A lot of the in-game rewards don't make much sense either. Spending $1000 to have a statue of yourself implemented into the game, for example, serves no purpose other than shining as a beacon so everyone in Domo knows how poorly you chose to spend your money. Of course, the people who may choose to spend that much don't see it that way in the first place, but it is what it is.

Xiaoming001
November 22nd, 2014, 12:45 AM
title gives bonus in game but i wonder if their title gives any bonus.

LuLuNoir
November 22nd, 2014, 01:10 AM
I didn't donate. I don't believe in KickStarter. And IMO it's cheaper just to straight out buy subapoints.

Kaipiee
November 22nd, 2014, 06:26 AM
I didn't donate because those rewards don't make sense...I mean I am not going to drag the people who did its just I rather just buy suba points ya know? :/

Vanland
November 22nd, 2014, 06:42 AM
As mentioned before, my allocation will go directly to the game itself. Rewards are a bit poor, and the things I'd be paying for are rather .. yeah.

But that is just my take on things. If you did donate, by all means, be happy with what you did and what you'll get.

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 09:31 AM
I didn't donate. I don't believe in KickStarter. And IMO it's cheaper just to straight out buy subapoints.

My donation wasn't for the Subapoints.
Either way it didn't hurt my wallet even if they decide to use the money for something lame.
Rip $500 donors and up.

Livipo
November 22nd, 2014, 09:45 AM
I donated, to make my startup a little more fun when I start playing again :)

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
I donated, to make my startup a little more fun when I start playing again :)

Very nice :)

MikeSpo
November 22nd, 2014, 03:44 PM
All you guys are bashing KickStarter out of some personal vendetta or knit-pick. KickStarter allows publicity, even if it isn't in a manner that "you personally approve." It allows the game to make money before it is launched, figure an investment of good faith while they figure out servers and get everything set up FOR YOU; with a little bit of perk and reward for investing. The argument that its better to straight up buy SubaPoints is invalid, and I believe that everyone's who's bashing kickstarter isn't even going to buy subapoints unless they're getting whatever personal items they want in the game. Micro transactions keep free games free. Whether you like it or not, kick starter or otherwise.

DOMOAKFrost
November 22nd, 2014, 03:52 PM
All you guys are bashing KickStarter out of some personal vendetta or knit-pick. KickStarter allows publicity, even if it isn't in a manner that "you personally approve." It allows the game to make money before it is launched, figure an investment of good faith while they figure out servers and get everything set up FOR YOU; with a little bit of perk and reward for investing. The argument that its better to straight up buy SubaPoints is invalid, and I believe that everyone's who's bashing kickstarter isn't even going to buy subapoints unless they're getting whatever personal items they want in the game. Micro transactions keep free games free. Whether you like it or not, kick starter or otherwise.

This is not an investment. You will not be a shareholder, and they're still a for-profit company.

You can put lipstick on a pig and it still won't make this anything but a pre-release sale, because you gave them money for items and perks (at a significant loss compared to their regular suba offerings, i'd wager). The difference is that instead of using the revenue for things like paying their GMs' salaries, maintaining the servers and the license and whatnot, they've committed it to what basically amounts to throwing a stuffed animal out of the air or have someone throw spiders on their own head. This is an extremely poor choice.

Not all publicity is good publicity.

Livipo
November 22nd, 2014, 04:31 PM
I get that some people dont like it, and personally I don't care much for publicity stunts like that. But I can see where they are coming from. My first thought was why are they spending their money on things like this, and not on the actual game (salaries and what is mentioned above by AKFrost). But still, publicity will mean more players, and more players mean more paying customers.. I get it, it's an old game and they need as many players as they can get to make this a real success in the long run. Who knows, maybe it will help to keep the game going for years and years. I sure hope so.. And that is why I have donated, no regrets.

Anyway, those are my late night thoughts on the subject :)

McLuv1n
November 22nd, 2014, 04:33 PM
How do they credit your account for your donation? Do they ask for account information when you pledge?

Livipo
November 22nd, 2014, 04:37 PM
How do they credit your account for your donation? Do they ask for account information when you pledge?

They will send a survey to fill in needed information based on what your rewards are. When the kickstarter has ended. :)

Edit:

"If this project is successfully funded, we will process your payment to Wicked Interactive Ltd. on:
Fri, Dec 5 2014 11:58 pm CET
If you have opted to receive a reward, SubaGames will send you a survey to request any info needed to deliver it (mailing address, t-shirt size, etc)."

McLuv1n
November 22nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
They will send a survey to fill in needed information based on what your rewards are. When the kickstarter has ended. :)

Edit:

"If this project is successfully funded, we will process your payment to Wicked Interactive Ltd. on:
Fri, Dec 5 2014 11:58 pm CET
If you have opted to receive a reward, SubaGames will send you a survey to request any info needed to deliver it (mailing address, t-shirt size, etc)."

Aahh Thank You

MikeSpo
November 22nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
This is not an investment. You will not be a shareholder, and they're still a for-profit company.

You can put lipstick on a pig and it still won't make this anything but a pre-release sale, because you gave them money for items and perks (at a significant loss compared to their regular suba offerings, i'd wager). The difference is that instead of using the revenue for things like paying their GMs' salaries, maintaining the servers and the license and whatnot, they've committed it to what basically amounts to throwing a stuffed animal out of the air or have someone throw spiders on their own head. This is an extremely poor choice.

Not all publicity is good publicity.

How is kickstarter NOT an investment? Were not talking stocks&shares on the stock exchange... And yes, all money raised from kickstarter will be used on skydiving, I mean the 300-500$ skydiving stunt will be accompanied by pushing the rest of the earnings out of the plane with the skydiver. That's just plain ignorant logic if you don't think the money raised will be going back into the game or subas staff.

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 06:22 PM
How is kickstarter NOT an investment? Were not talking stocks&shares on the stock exchange... And yes, all money raised from kickstarter will be used on skydiving, I mean the 300-500$ skydiving stunt will be accompanied by pushing the rest of the earnings out of the plane with the skydiver. That's just plain ignorant logic if you don't think the money raised will be going back into the game or subas staff.

It is fraud if the money isn't used for the intentions stated on their kickstarter campaign.

DOMOAKFrost
November 22nd, 2014, 06:24 PM

you know what that's called? fraud.

they are legally required to spend the money as they advertised, into the skydiving project or the spider dumping.

it is not an investment any more than buying suba points us an investment.You're not an investor. You're a customer.

MikeSpo
November 22nd, 2014, 07:16 PM

they are legally required to spend the money as they advertised, into the skydiving project or the spider dumping.

it is not an investment any more than buying suba points us an investment.You're not an investor. You're a customer.

Its not stated anywhere that ALL money raised goes into the pledge goals/milestones, because that's all they are, milestones, they are NOT a required part of any kickstarter campaign, they are invenstives for more money to be raised for X to happen. As long as each person gets what they pledged for, that's all that matters. What they do after with the profits. That's up to the company.

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 08:49 PM
If you look deeper in the website. Id post it here for you but I don't need to prove to anyone anything. Just trust AKFrost for future references.

LNova
November 22nd, 2014, 08:59 PM
If you look deeper in the website. Id post it here for you but I don't need to prove to anyone anything. Just trust AKFrost for future references.

Yo you do realize you've almost posted 100 times in like 24hours right. Chill bro.

Xiaoming001
November 22nd, 2014, 09:05 PM

Yes they have to and they could keep the surplus. Kickstart is a project based fund raising website and this means you could donate to them and they are to deliver their promise and get to keep the surplus. In what way is this project a fraud?

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 09:11 PM
Yes they have to and they could keep the surplus. Kickstart is a project based fund raising website and this means you could donate to them and they are to deliver their promise and get to keep the surplus. In what way is this project a fraud?

This project isn't the fraud. The fraud is using that money for something other than what Suba stated they would use it on. 7000$ on a bucket of spiders? None of that can go for anything else. Period.

FYI: AKFrost did not say this project was a fraud. You misinterpreted him.

FireaArt
November 22nd, 2014, 09:11 PM
I personally donated 50$. Was originally gonna go for 100 but decided I'd rather use the extra 50 for straight suba points. I'm happy with the stones I'll get and everything under that.

Xiaoming001
November 22nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
This project isn't the fraud. The fraud is using that money for something other than what Suba stated they would use it on. 7000$ on a bucket of spiders? None of that can go for anything else. Period.

he did explain himself in the previous post didn't he. it only shows that there are people who have poor understanding of kickstart project. in this case, you should use the word fraud but concern. you are not AKFrost, how can you even explain for him?

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
he did explain himself in the previous post didn't he. it only shows that there are people who have poor understanding of kickstart project. in this case, you should use the word fraud but concern. you are not AKFrost, how can you even explain for him?

Cuz I can comprehend.

Xiaoming001
November 22nd, 2014, 09:52 PM
so explain if you can comprehend

MikeSpo
November 22nd, 2014, 10:47 PM

You are so far wrong I don't know if its worth trying to tell you what's right... Kickstarter is a crowdfunding site. You pledge money towards tiers of "rewards, products, or perks" and at the end of the campaign, if the project is successfully funded, the company delivers the "rewards, products, or perks." The pig, skydiving, psy, spiders, etc are milestones or goals, COMPLETELY separate from the campaign itself in the eyes of kickstarter, they are completely incentive and not required by kickstarter in any way. Also, nowhere does it say that they're using all 7k on spiders, it says IF the campaign REACHES 7k in funding THEN they'll do X. (If this, then that.) They will use whatever money made towards doing the spiders and then put the rest towards DOMO; what they're crowd funding... Get it?

DOMOAKFrost
November 22nd, 2014, 11:35 PM
You are so far wrong I don't know if its worth trying to tell you what's right... Kickstarter is a crowdfunding site. You pledge money towards tiers of "rewards, products, or perks" and at the end of the campaign, if the project is successfully funded, the company delivers the "rewards, products, or perks." The pig, skydiving, psy, spiders, etc are milestones or goals, COMPLETELY separate from the campaign itself in the eyes of kickstarter, they are completely incentive and not required by kickstarter in any way. Also, nowhere does it say that they're using all 7k on spiders, it says IF the campaign REACHES 7k in funding THEN they'll do X. (If this, then that.) They will use whatever money made towards doing the spiders and then put the rest towards DOMO; what they're crowd funding... Get it?

TINLA.

"With your support, we will be able to provide DOMO with the necessary marketing push & possibly set a new Guinness World Record."

everything they wrote is legally binding. If the money didn't all go to the "marketing push", they can be sued (by a backer or Kickstarter itself) for civil fraud, or prosecuted for criminal fraud.

Amazon, which handles Kickstarter payments, is based in the State of Washington, and the WA AG is known to have prosecuted Kickstarter campaigns.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:06 AM
Let's end the pointless argument shall we.

MikeSpo
November 23rd, 2014, 01:54 AM
Let's end the pointless argument shall we.

I agree with this, but I 100% disagree with AKFrost, you're wrong. So far wrong.

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 01:57 AM
I agree with this, but I 100% disagree with AKFrost, you're wrong. So far wrong.

you're free to be wrong.

Xiaoming001
November 23rd, 2014, 02:13 AM
you're free to be wrong.

you have no understanding on kickstart project, drawing poor assumption does not bring you anywhere.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 02:14 AM
you have no understanding on kickstart project, drawing poor assumption does not bring you anywhere.

Can you please close the subject?

FadeDragon
November 23rd, 2014, 02:19 AM
Alright, lets not try play forum lawyer (proceeds to play forum lawyer) Fraud is a pretty strong accusation and I'm pretty sure Suba wouldn't appreciate that phrasing. There is absolutely no reason to question the companies integrity in regards to the silly kickstarter goals, but to clarify you just need to read carefully.

"An MMO is nothing without a strong and populous community, therefore all pledges for the campaign will go straight towards building that for you."

So that includes the outlined goals as well as any other activities they feel would help to promote or otherwise grow the game. So the funding does not necessarily need to go entirely to the goals but to the overall project.

The goal itself was to reach $310 which "upon meeting the funding target for the campaign, we will be able to ensure at least 5 updates get added within first 12 months post launch of DOMO. "

Hopefully this clears any confusion there might be here.

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 03:15 AM
Alright, lets not try play forum lawyer (proceeds to play forum lawyer) Fraud is a pretty strong accusation and I'm pretty sure Suba wouldn't appreciate that phrasing. There is absolutely no reason to question the companies integrity in regards to the silly kickstarter goals, but to clarify you just need to read carefully.

"An MMO is nothing without a strong and populous community, therefore all pledges for the campaign will go straight towards building that for you."

So that includes the outlined goals as well as any other activities they feel would help to promote or otherwise grow the game. So the funding does not necessarily need to go entirely to the goals but to the overall project.

The goal itself was to reach $310 which "upon meeting the funding target for the campaign, we will be able to ensure at least 5 updates get added within first 12 months post launch of DOMO. "

Hopefully this clears any confusion there might be here.

Nobody's accusing suba of fraud here except for MikeSpo who thinks suba can just pocket the surplus, which would be fraud.

TINLA.

you can read KS's own ToS (https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use), section 4.

"Kickstarter is not a part of this contract — the contract is a direct legal agreement between creators and their backers.

Their kickstarter page says:

With your support, we will be able to provide DOMO with the necessary marketing push & possibly set a new Guinness World Record.

This is part of their obligation in this legal contract. We provide the support, they furnish the "marketing push". They have further obligations to make each goal tier happen (as well as delivering the pledge prizes for each customer), but that does not mean they're free from the first obligation, which is to furnish the "marketing push".

Again, all of this is theoretical. Suba hasn't indicated they will pocket the difference and I have no reason to think they will.

TheRealTangerine
November 23rd, 2014, 04:57 AM
I haven't donated yet, Im currently budgeting and thinking I want a ps4 so depending on which bundle I get and such will denote left over money for this :P

Gambachi
November 23rd, 2014, 05:42 AM
I haven't donated yet, Im currently budgeting and thinking I want a ps4 so depending on which bundle I get and such will denote left over money for this :P

This plus Black Friday next week, Christmas and 2 Birthdays coming up, the Suba points that I will undoubtedly be paying for upon release, bills and the faberge egg addiction. I could not put a lot of money into a kickstarter no matter how much I love Domo. I will get the small tier though before it ends like maybe a $1 or the $10 as a show of support and thanks for bringing Domo back to us.

Loomynar
November 23rd, 2014, 06:14 AM
I am not sure about the subapoints as I've just joined this community recently, but is buying individual SP cheaper than what you get when you kickstart the project?

TheRealTangerine
November 23rd, 2014, 06:41 AM
Yes it is :)

MikeSpo
November 23rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
Nobody's accusing suba of fraud here except for MikeSpo who thinks suba can just pocket the surplus, which would be fraud.

TINLA.

you can read KS's own ToS (https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use), section 4.

Their kickstarter page says:

This is part of their obligation in this legal contract. We provide the support, they furnish the "marketing push". They have further obligations to make each goal tier happen (as well as delivering the pledge prizes for each customer), but that does not mean they're free from the first obligation, which is to furnish the "marketing push".

Again, all of this is theoretical. Suba hasn't indicated they will pocket the difference and I have no reason to think they will.

You are really dense... You're taking ONE sentence out of the entire KickStarter campaign and that's your entire argument. They have no LEGAL obligation to send a pig out of an airplane, just throwing that out there, they're tiered goals, incentives, they will deliver but they don't have to. They're putting that along side their pledges, it is NOT REQUIRED by KickStarter, there can be no law suit against Suba if they don't deliver on sending a pig out of an airplane. It would NOT be fraud if they took the money and put it back into the company and into DOMO. You really need to understand how Indiegogo and KickStarter, as well as the plethora of crowd-funding sites work, as long as Money from A makes it to B, and B gives A what they pledged for; thats it. Good luck opening a lawsuit, because nowhere does it state that the books or paper-trail must be shown from where that money goes after the project is funded.

And to squash your "With your support, we will be able to provide DOMO with the necessary marketing push & possibly set a new Guinness World Record." argument, Suba can take the money after the funding is over, put it back into DOMO, put a 30-cent ad on a website and say they did marketing push... NOWHERE does it state that ALL money must go towards MARKETING PUSH; that's taking one sentence out of context and throwing everything else to the wind.

You may continue but this is my last reply, hopefully you can man up and admit you're wrong "TINLA"

LilKizuna
November 23rd, 2014, 12:17 PM
You are really dense... You're taking ONE sentence out of the entire KickStarter campaign and that's your entire argument. They have no LEGAL obligation to send a pig out of an airplane, just throwing that out there, they're tiered goals, incentives, they will deliver but they don't have to. They're putting that along side their pledges, it is NOT REQUIRED by KickStarter, there can be no law suit against Suba if they don't deliver on sending a pig out of an airplane. It would NOT be fraud if they took the money and put it back into the company and into DOMO. You really need to understand how Indiegogo and KickStarter, as well as the plethora of crowd-funding sites work, as long as Money from A makes it to B, and B gives A what they pledged for; thats it. Good luck opening a lawsuit, because nowhere does it state that the books or paper-trail must be shown from where that money goes after the project is funded.

And to squash your "With your support, we will be able to provide DOMO with the necessary marketing push & possibly set a new Guinness World Record." argument, Suba can take the money after the funding is over, put it back into DOMO, put a 30-cent ad on a website and say they did marketing push... NOWHERE does it state that ALL money must go towards MARKETING PUSH; that's taking one sentence out of context and throwing everything else to the wind.

You may continue but this is my last reply, hopefully you can man up and admit you're wrong "TINLA"

Oh okay guess this must not be relavent to what you said :
Washington sues card game developer for failing to deliver on Kickstarter promises | Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/2/5675834/washington-sues-card-game-developer-for-failing-to-deliver-on)

~Lil_Kizuna

MikeSpo
November 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Washington sues card game developer for failing to deliver on Kickstarter promises | Polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/2/5675834/washington-sues-card-game-developer-for-failing-to-deliver-on)

~Lil_Kizuna

Irrelevant. That suit has to do with the company not delivering the PLEDGE rewards/perks/otherwise.

Xiaoming001
November 23rd, 2014, 12:44 PM

~Lil_Kizuna

of course, or rather have you seen or heard about Suba being sued or going to get sued? Because they cannot sue without evidence, assumption is not evidence and its not helping. Is this a way to thank them for putting in effort to revive the game?

Livipo
November 23rd, 2014, 12:47 PM
So.. Who is a Kickstarter Donor? xD

I think this thread is getting a little out of hand, and I think that discussion would do better elsewhere, don't you think? :)

LilKizuna
November 23rd, 2014, 12:53 PM
of course, or rather have you seen or heard about Suba being sued or going to get sued? Because they cannot sue without evidence, assumption is not evidence and its not helping. Is this a way to thank them for putting in effort to revive the game?

lel What are you even talking about?

Irrelevant. That suit has to do with the company not delivering the PLEDGE rewards/perks/otherwise.

You may continue but this is my last reply
Its not good to lie.

~Lil_Kizuna

MikeSpo
November 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM
lel What are you even talking about?

Its not good to lie.

~Lil_Kizuna

Shall I refresh your knowledge of the English language? "You" refers to AKFrost, "Reply", defined as 'say something in response to something someone has said.'; In context the something & someone is my reply to AKFrost. For those of you playing at home; the sentence means my last reply to AKFrost.
Good try though! And thank you for joining an argument half-cocked.

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 01:00 PM

Somebody's got zero reading comprehension today.

They will only get sued by somebody who has standing (aka, not me since I won't be donating), once the KS is over and it is known that they pocketed the money instead of using it for the marketing push they promised.

If the WA AG or some other AG wants to prosecute them, that's their executive power, but again, this is COMPLETELY THEORETICAL, because MikeSpo suggested it as their course of action.

And MikeSpo, you've shown your ignorance of the law in full. Continuing this discussion is meaningless. I suggest you go out and read a book on contract law before coming back with your drivel.

FadeDragon
November 23rd, 2014, 01:08 PM

~Lil_Kizuna

I'm just going to point out that we do not know the results of that lawsuit, only that it was filed.
Quoted from here. (https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use)

"When a creator posts a project on Kickstarter, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who backs a project is accepting the creator’s offer, and forming that contract."

"When a project is successfully funded, the creator must complete the project and fulfill each reward. Once a creator has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their backers."

"Throughout the process, creators owe their backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, backers must understand that when they back a project, they’re helping to create something new — not ordering something that already exists. There may be changes or delays, and there’s a chance something could happen that prevents the creator from being able to finish the project as promised."

"If a creator is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for backers."

"A creator in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to backers if:

1. they post an update that explains what work has been done, how funds were used, and what prevents them from finishing the project as planned;
2. they work diligently and in good faith to bring the project to the best possible conclusion in a timeframe that’s communicated to backers;
3. they’re able to demonstrate that they’ve used funds appropriately and made every reasonable effort to complete the project as promised;
4. they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to backers; and
5. they offer to return any remaining funds to backers who have not received their reward (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds will be used to complete the project in some alternate form.

The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by backers."

So the short version is that there is a reasonable amount of leeway for the company to meet these goals in the best way they see fit, if they are not able to reasonably satisfy the contract made through kickstarter and has not shown significant effort toward that, yes there can be legal action taken in extreme cases.

So as I pointed out before, both sides of this argument are using misinformation and should really read up on these things before throwing opinion out as fact. The company has a bit more wiggleroom than SilaNarodnaya/AKFrost seems to indicate, but they aren't as free to act with those kickstarter funds as MikeSpo seems to believe.

Hopefully this can bring everyone onto the same correct page regarding this topic. I know we like our healthy forum debates now and then, but lets try not to get too heated shall we?

LilKizuna
November 23rd, 2014, 01:17 PM
Shall I refresh your knowledge of the English language? "You" refers to AKFrost, "Reply", defined as 'say something in response to something someone has said.'; In context the something & someone is my reply to AKFrost. For those of you playing at home; the sentence means my last reply to AKFrost.
Good try though! And thank you for joining an argument half-cocked.

I wouldn't say I joined an argument as I provided information to a relatively similar situation. Honestly, it would be an insult for me to jump in for AKFrost and I wouldn't dare to considering he can fight his own battles. Why you think being hostile towards me is going to help your cause or even smart for that matter is beyond me. Learn to finish one battle before you pick another and then we'll talk.

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
November 23rd, 2014, 01:25 PM

Be real, that will never happen.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
GMs please take this down.

Thanks.

Carecrow
November 23rd, 2014, 01:35 PM
GMs please take this down.

Thanks.

Too many big words?

LilKizuna
November 23rd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Too many big words?

Its not PG enuff mang.

~Lil_Kizuna

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Too many big words?

Too many immature idiots.

NotHereCantDelete
November 23rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
To be honest the "argument" doesn't bother me, but there's no reason for certain people in it to be so insulting...
Not gonna bother mentioning names. But yeah, wouldn't surprise me to see this thread go bye bye soon thanks to that~

Seriously though it would actually be useful to see some GM clarification or something on this, just so someone can go yay I'm right and put it to bed lol

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:40 PM
To be honest the "argument" doesn't bother me, but there's no reason for certain people in it to be so insulting...
Not gonna bother mentioning names. But yeah, wouldn't surprise me to see this thread go bye bye soon thanks to that~

I sent messaged a GM to take it down it will be gone soon enough.

Sorry people didn't mean for this to happened. Just wanted to give the kickstarters some credit for donating. Then this happened

LNova
November 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
But the "drama" is so nice

LMini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:00 PM
But the "drama" is so nice
my head hurts

LNova
November 23rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
my head hurts

i cant pyramid

LMini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
i cant pyramid

abort mission

LNova
November 23rd, 2014, 02:03 PM
i cant pyramid

abort mission

no wait i can pyramid

LMini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:04 PM
no wait i can pyramid

abort again

LNova
November 23rd, 2014, 02:06 PM
abort again

You cant abort what you cant catch

LMini
November 23rd, 2014, 02:06 PM

i hate that.. its so wrong pls

Carecrow
November 23rd, 2014, 02:07 PM

that's what she said

Vanland
November 23rd, 2014, 07:08 PM
This thread reminds me of 4Chan.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 07:17 PM

How lmao :p

Loomynar
November 23rd, 2014, 08:25 PM

>le ebin may mays xD
>>>/leddit/

I just made this thread more 4chan-like :^)

LuLuNoir
November 23rd, 2014, 08:44 PM
So ugh anyone going to donate 8,000? DO IT!~

Gambachi
November 23rd, 2014, 08:49 PM

Sure!

Can you loan me $8000? :)

LuLuNoir
November 23rd, 2014, 08:52 PM
Sure!

Yeah...let me benjover.

And you see if....

Oh wait~ I HAVE A CREDIT CARD!

*runs around like crazy*

Loomynar
November 23rd, 2014, 08:59 PM

Let me rephrase that, does anyone want to be preserved as a monument that will be erected by Eversun or any location he wishes?

LuLuNoir
November 23rd, 2014, 09:01 PM
Lulz Erected by Eversun. Teehee

I'd want my statue to be right next to the Eversun Elder.

Loomynar
November 23rd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Lulz Erected by Eversun. Teehee

I'd want my statue to be right next to the Eversun Elder.

Pun not intended ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 09:13 PM
Sure!

if by loan you mean you'll actually pay it back with 25% APR, sure.

Tranzor
November 26th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Hey, I posted some clarification on the DOMO Pledge levels, since there was still some confusion.

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=72397&page=4&p=734719&posted=1#post734719

As for the statue, I am not sure what the final design will be, but it will be obvious that it is related to you(or your character name), possibly with a plaque or some other form of identification.

GM Tranzor

GameGrave
November 26th, 2014, 09:02 PM
I'm waiting for my last two paychecks which fall on the last day of the kickstarter and I'm donating (hopefully) $1000

Tranzor
November 26th, 2014, 09:15 PM
I know you guys asked about more physical goods, but due to time constraints I couldn't come up with anything beyond what you see. Physical merchandise takes time to design and develop. For example: A wall sized world map of DOMO. Sounds great, doesn't it? It does until you realize that the in-game DOMO map doesn't have much going on it beyond borders and some names, it's a functional design. For people to be willing to spend money to get it, it would need to look dazzling and be filled with monsters, geographic features, etc. That type of a thing would take 1-2 months to design.

GM Tranzor

GameGrave
November 26th, 2014, 09:26 PM
I know you guys asked about more physical goods, but due to time constraints I couldn't come up with anything beyond what you see. Physical merchandise takes time to design and develop. For example: A wall sized world map of DOMO. Sounds great, doesn't it? It does until you realize that the in-game DOMO map doesn't have much going on it beyond borders and some names, it's a functional design. For people to be willing to spend money to get it, it would need to look dazzling and be filled with monsters, geographic features, etc. That type of a thing would take 1-2 months to design.

GM Tranzor
I was curious about the real life statue at 750 mark, does the donar choose or is the suba staff chooseing what the mob or character is

Tranzor
November 26th, 2014, 09:30 PM
We'll ask you which mob you want, and based on that we'll either say "ok" or "can you please pick something else?" It could even be your in-game character if you want. It will have to be coordinated with the company that we'll use to design the model.

GM Tranzor

LadyOkamia
November 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I could not donate because I am poor =/. Bills take all my money T_T

LuLuNoir
November 26th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I could not donate because I am poor =/. Bills take all my money T_T

Haha I know what that feels like.
But don't worry about it<3
Just play the game and tell all your friends.
Word of mouth is priceless~

LadyOkamia
November 26th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Haha I know what that feels like.
But don't worry about it<3
Just play the game and tell all your friends.
Word of mouth is priceless~

Yeah I been telling everyone I know and been posting on some lost game forums about it. I am spreading the word about it ^^!

GameGrave
November 26th, 2014, 10:05 PM
We'll ask you which mob you want, and based on that we'll either say "ok" or "can you please pick something else?" It could even be your in-game character if you want. It will have to be coordinated with the company that we'll use to design the model.

GM Tranzor

that sounds really cool thank you

Miradora
November 27th, 2014, 03:13 AM
A basic map would probably look something like this one (which is incomplete also):

http://sw2.52pk.com/map/images/map_r2_c1.jpg

I could definitely see it being a huge undertaking though..

TehParamedic
November 27th, 2014, 03:39 AM
So I've gotta get my two cents in.

~Lil_Kizuna
Actually, this is fairly irrelevant. The Frost/Mike squabble is about Suba pocketing the funds after taking care of the pledge rewards/goals. This lawsuit is for the company not delivering any of their products to the backers. The only relevance I can see in this is that backers aren't completely vulnerable, vice versa, project starters aren't fault-free.

Its not good to lie.

I wouldn't say I joined an argument as I provided information to a relatively similar situation.
A bit of provoking is sure to draw attention tho.

"An MMO is nothing without a strong and populous community, therefore all pledges for the campaign will go straight towards building that for you. Furthermore, upon meeting the funding target for the campaign, we will be able to ensure at least 5 updates get added within first 12 months post launch of DOMO."

This right here is what should be focused on. It's right there plain as day where the funds are said to be going. How they use the funds to is actually up to them, and since there's no way charts or explanation of where they're going, it's on the honor system for now. This leaves room after the Kickstarter for Suba to work the funds where they see fit, and, after a reasonable amount of time, if backers are not satisfied, would be in their own right to demand refunds or other methods of delivering on their promise.

As for the marketing push you two are talking about, that would be the goals they have set up. They've completely covered it in the Goals image underneath the pledge rewards image.

"The purpose of these goals is to maximize the advertising expose for Dream Of Mirror Online, and we're giving you a chance to be a part of making it happen!"

By executing the goals after they've been reached, they are completing their portion of the "marketing push".
Anyway, just wanted to say that the most important piece is being looked over, and that this could still definitely be avoided if Suba would make things clearer. IMNAL, TINLA, whatever other fancy acronyms are out there you guys are using. (It should go without saying that nobody here is qualified to give proper legal advice unless otherwise stated anyway.)

Also, I'm going to be donating to the Kickstarter, but I'm still not sure how much quite yet.

TheRealTangerine
November 27th, 2014, 04:11 AM

GM Tranzor

.........Now I wish I had that much money to spare, Jade Evo 3 statue ......Oh ma gawd.

AndreaY
November 27th, 2014, 06:28 AM
Pledger #100 here! :P

LoIcatKumi
November 27th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I took part too... but you won't know for how many

KashyDragneel
November 27th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I'm thinking about donating when I get paid, I would really like bigger bags, other rewards aren't really that tempting. ^Tempted to do it this way for the title incase the number of titles bonus is implemented.

EvangelionO1S3v
November 27th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I'm dropping 100 bucks, I want at shirt. :D

TheRealTangerine
November 27th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking about donating when I get paid, I would really like bigger bags, other rewards aren't really that tempting. ^Tempted to do it this way for the title incase the number of titles bonus is implemented.

Get the 750 and give me the figure <3

AbsolutelyAneirin
November 28th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Just donated $25 CAD. :)

NotHereCantDelete
November 28th, 2014, 07:10 AM
As much as I love Domo I've not donated to this - the only rewards I'm interested in are too rich for my blood, and I'd rather save my money to get an se2 sapphire and lily when it comes out c:
Those recoloured mecha wings sure sound fancy though....

Cossal3p8n0aI5P
November 28th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Imo the kickstarter is also a way the devs want to gauge the interest in the game too. At least the fact the kickstarter got more than 7000$ already is pretty good news imo. It shows people are willing to talk with their wallet. I personally am most likely going to donate 10$ before the end of the kickstarter for that reason.

DevilInGlasses
November 28th, 2014, 03:43 PM
I would be a donator, but kickstarter doesn't seem to accept paypal, and I do not wish to expose my card details

Tranzor
December 3rd, 2014, 08:30 PM
Only 45 hours left! Just to reiterate about the 1000$ level:

At the 1000$ level you will get:

1$ reward package
Two expansion bags
10 Vitamin Pills
5 flying upgrade stones, 10 evolution stones, 3 lucky saddles, 10 monster trapping mirrors.
DOMO T-Shirt
DOMO HAT
1 month baby bonus booster package
Custom Colored Mecha Wings
Golden Colored Vermillion Wings
Custom Colored Gas Mask
Custom Colored Flying Carpet
Custom Colored Ninja Gear from the 500$ level
8 Inch tall custom figurine of a character from DOMO
A small monument placed somewhere in the game, it will be visible(the small monuments will be one in each of the different regions, not in cities).
You get to name one NPC in the game
300 000 Suba Points
Custom Designed DOMO backpack(a physical item that we will ship to you).
Legendary Benefactor Tag.

The 1500$ level would be the same things except:

1. You would get 350 000 Suba Points instead of 300 000.
2. You would get a large monument in one of the cities in the game instead of the small monument.
3. You would still get to name 1 NPC(not two)
4. You would also get the Custom Angel Helmet and Custom Thunder God's Wings.

GM

Tranzor

ArabPikachu
December 3rd, 2014, 11:40 PM
Only 45 hours left! Just to reiterate about the 1000$ level:

At the 1000$ level you will get:

1$ reward package
Two expansion bags
10 Vitamin Pills
5 flying upgrade stones, 10 evolution stones, 3 lucky saddles, 10 monster trapping mirrors.
DOMO T-Shirt
DOMO HAT
1 month baby bonus booster package
Custom Colored Mecha Wings
Golden Colored Vermillion Wings
Custom Colored Gas Mask
Custom Colored Flying Carpet
Custom Colored Ninja Gear from the 500$ level
8 Inch tall custom figurine of a character from DOMO
A small monument placed somewhere in the game, it will be visible(the small monuments will be one in each of the different regions, not in cities).
You get to name one NPC in the game
300 000 Suba Points
Custom Designed DOMO backpack(a physical item that we will ship to you).
Legendary Benefactor Tag.

The 1500$ level would be the same things except:

1. You would get 350 000 Suba Points instead of 300 000.
2. You would get a large monument in one of the cities in the game instead of the small monument.
3. You would still get to name 1 NPC(not two)
4. You would also get the Custom Angel Helmet and Custom Thunder God's Wings.

GM

Tranzor

What about $8,000?

Nokara
December 3rd, 2014, 11:52 PM
I threw my money at this. Would I do it again? Every time.

TehParamedic
December 4th, 2014, 12:03 AM
What about $8,000?

Everything above, plus a pat on the back.

Xiaoming001
December 4th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Besides clarification on the reward issue, could there be clarification too on the title. I have heard from some donors that they donate because they think they will receive title bonus for their donation. So only 2 situation could hapen.

1. Title is merely for decoration and bragging right. It comes with no bonus.
2. Title gives bonus how much and what kind of bonus will they give? Poor bonus or reply could result people pulling out

GraceySells
December 4th, 2014, 07:32 PM
Besides clarification on the reward issue, could there be clarification too on the title. I have heard from some donors that they donate because they think they will receive title bonus for their donation. So only 2 situation could hapen.

1. Title is merely for decoration and bragging right. It comes with no bonus.
2. Title gives bonus how much and what kind of bonus will they give? Poor bonus or reply could result people pulling out

I don't think there will be a bonus. Why would there be if there's been no mention of one?

Pretty sure it's a tag though. Not an in-game title.

Caturdays
December 4th, 2014, 09:07 PM
$9,676 Big ones, I wonder if we can hit $10,000 big ones before tomorrow. If I could I would donate more<3

also.... what if a new mods will be the one to get spiders dumped on them?

ArabPikachu
December 4th, 2014, 10:28 PM
$9,676 Big ones, I wonder if we can hit $10,000 big ones before tomorrow. If I could I would donate more<3

also.... what if a new mods will be the one to get spiders dumped on them?

Then count me out LOL

MinatoU
December 5th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Looks like Suba made.... Over 9000 with this one.

*walks away slowly*

ArabPikachu
December 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
We have passed the $10,000 mark on our kickstarter! Keep donating people. 6 hours left. Hopefully we get a release date after this ;) if not it's cool. :D

TheRealTangerine
December 5th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I donated because I wanted some sweet sweet goodiesszz

Beyondgodlikes
December 5th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Is this game out yet?

LuLuNoir
December 5th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I was going to donate but I bought cigarettes instead. I haz problum.

ArabPikachu
December 5th, 2014, 05:47 PM
And so the countdown begins. 10 minutes left to donate to kickstarter! Donate people! Donate!

ProjektWaffel
December 5th, 2014, 05:53 PM
5 minutes D:!

ArabPikachu
December 5th, 2014, 05:55 PM
5 minutes D:!

3 minutes :)

ProjektWaffel
December 5th, 2014, 05:56 PM
3 minutes :)

2 minutes :O

ArabPikachu
December 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM
2 minutes :O

1 minute lmao.

ProjektWaffel
December 5th, 2014, 05:58 PM
1 minute lmao.

funded ^_^

ArabPikachu
December 5th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Congratulations to everyone who donated! We raised $10,367!

AcidQueen
December 5th, 2014, 06:05 PM
I donated 25 :)

SeekingKnowledge
December 5th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Donated only $1. ~Shrugs~ I'd do more, but it's all I will spend seeing as the rest of my hard earned paycheck goes towards more pressing matters. Like bills and food! xD

Plazastorm0tlY4
December 7th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I'm new how do I donate plz

KuroEins
December 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Already ended couple days ago.

I'm new how do I donate plz

Sheehuosp5IrneW
December 7th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Already ended couple days ago.

Yeh it did sorry pal

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Wow so much masturbation within this thread.

neo007dm
December 9th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Eh well I donated to the cause.

LadyinSpades
December 10th, 2014, 04:57 AM
Donated, Still want a release date though . =<

Alhktw13
April 5th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I was a kickstarter supporter too. Anybody knows on when these prizes are gonna be handed out?

Darrell16Y80f4j
April 5th, 2015, 12:04 PM
lol one of the top 10 donators and still havent gotten my stuff. pretty ridiculous to be honest...