PDA

View Full Version : A Small Request For This New DOMO

Kirbychu
November 22nd, 2014, 10:28 PM
I remember for a long time Aeria didn't put this into the game, and when they did it was really annoying - and it's still currently annoying on the TW version. I ask please PLEASE do not put this into the game if at all possible.

^ Above is a new player's inventory. To the right are what I like to call "stupid ads". These (if I used Chinese files) would show up as items available in the item mall and would serve as basically an advertisement to try and get people to buy things (or accidentally click on them since it's right in their inventory). This is a horrible addition to the game, and really pissed me off as a person who already spends money on the item mall without any prompting from the game. So please Suba do not add this feature if you can help it - the game didn't always have this in it so I have to believe there's a way to not have it again.

Agree? Disagree? Leave your opinions!

Oribani
November 22nd, 2014, 10:31 PM
I agree. I would hate to accidentally click on the item mall item accidentally any time, especially in a serious battle. It sounds annoying and I hope Subagames considers this and doesn't add it. If I wanted to see the new items, I would click on the item mall itself or check the website.

ArabPikachu
November 22nd, 2014, 10:33 PM
Definitely have to agree.

FireaArt
November 22nd, 2014, 10:40 PM
Yeah I remember when that got implemented and it was just an annoyance.

PsychoIndy
November 23rd, 2014, 12:46 AM
I hated it as well. I didn't even use the IM much, back in the day, but, it took too much space off my screen, to see what is happening around me, when I needed a quick peek. At first, I thought I had some extra stuff in my inventory, but realized it wasn't in their to begin with. I know I wasn't alone on that one.

Carecrow
November 23rd, 2014, 12:48 AM
Agree, but there are much bigger fish to fry

Z0mb3h
November 23rd, 2014, 12:58 AM
Fully agree

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:02 AM
Agree, but there are much bigger fish to fry

To bake...

Superstarstrike
November 23rd, 2014, 01:04 AM
If something is in my inventory, it better actually be in my inventory.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 01:07 AM
If something is in my inventory, it better actually be in my inventory.

Lmao. First time that item ma thing came up in my inv. I thought Aeria had given me a prize.

NARAPIDANA
November 23rd, 2014, 01:23 AM
Agree ! disturbing scene :x

RionMagnusRequiel
November 23rd, 2014, 03:11 AM
Yes I would have to agree, it was rather irritating.

Gambachi
November 23rd, 2014, 07:10 AM
Certainly agree it is an annoyance when in the middle of battle sometimes. Does Adblock work for DOMO? :-)

NotHereCantDelete
November 23rd, 2014, 07:16 AM
I disagree!
Just kidding, we all know it was annoying. There are other things I hope they focus on more but on the other hand something like this wouldn't be hard to keep out.

Livipo
November 23rd, 2014, 08:06 AM
Absolutely agree!
That must be the most annoying kind of advertisement I ever saw in a game xD

TheRealTangerine
November 23rd, 2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah it's gotta be removed, its visually unappealing.

LadyMae
December 19th, 2014, 09:48 AM
+1 Agreed.

Kitababie
December 19th, 2014, 11:10 AM
100% agree :c

UmbyZero
December 19th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Ew. They did this in LaTale, too. It's so... sleazy. Thumbs down. WAY down! :ehh:

Eostre
December 19th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Totally agree! That thing would drive me crazy.

Matchamatsu
December 20th, 2014, 01:58 AM
I mean yes it's ugly but doesn't really bother me much anymore tbh

Kirbychu
December 20th, 2014, 02:12 AM
I mean yes it's ugly but doesn't really bother me much anymore tbh

That's only because you aren't playing cuz the game isn't out yet :P
Unless you play the IC version, in which case idk how it doesn't bother you.

Any word yet if this is gonna be taken out in this version? GM's thoughts? Lol

You guys don't need sleazy in-game advertisements like this to get us to buy things in the item mall - we will gladly do it anyway. Stuff like this though will likely drive away potential customers rather than get more. What will keep people buying from the item mall is going to be how you guys run it - keeping prices fair and not filling the shop with nothing but random loot/gatcha boxes. Rotate out all costumes frequently - make sure it's not the same thing in there every week. Run sales on hot items. Do weekend spender promos offering really rare and expensive items for the top tiers (this gets people who HAVE that kind of money to burn to actually...burn it). There will always be people upset with how the item mall is run, no matter what you do...but the key is to do what you think is right for the game's community.

Matchamatsu
December 20th, 2014, 02:22 AM
That's only because you aren't playing cuz the game isn't out yet :P
Unless you play the IC version, in which case idk how it doesn't bother you.

Any word yet if this is gonna be taken out in this version? GM's thoughts? Lol

You guys don't need sleazy in-game advertisements like this to get us to buy things in the item mall - we will gladly do it anyway. Stuff like this though will likely drive away potential customers rather than get more. What will keep people buying from the item mall is going to be how you guys run it - keeping prices fair and not filling the shop with nothing but random loot/gatcha boxes. Rotate out all costumes frequently - make sure it's not the same thing in there every week. Run sales on hot items. Do weekend spender promos offering really rare and expensive items for the top tiers (this gets people who HAVE that kind of money to burn to actually...burn it). There will always be people upset with how the item mall is run, no matter what you do...but the key is to do what you think is right for the game's community.

dudee....I kinda quit TW version but yeah...it really annoyed be at first then I got used to it. I don't think they'll have it patched in on suba domo though. So it's all good. I doubt they'd even have the "cossie closet" patched in.

LadyOkamia
December 20th, 2014, 04:19 AM
I did not like this either. I always misclicked the right side a lot. Hope they consider removing this for a while at least.

Miradora
December 20th, 2014, 04:36 AM
I had a friend who disliked it so much they actually edited the gui files to 'remove' it, but their explanation was so complicated I didn't understand it at all, and it had some glitches anyways (it wasn't actually removed, but they did something with it to make it go off the screen or something).

Dyyn
December 20th, 2014, 04:44 AM
I had a friend who disliked it so much they actually edited the gui files to 'remove' it, but their explanation was so complicated I didn't understand it at all, and it had some glitches anyways (it wasn't actually removed, but they did something with it to make it go off the screen or something).

They probably made a GUI interface using Visual Basic. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU)

TrippyLogic
December 20th, 2014, 05:59 AM
They probably made a GUI interface using Visual Basic. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU)

You should see the amount of invalid IP adresses they manage to trace in various TV series, like this one. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiutI_HD_vU)

Dyyn
December 20th, 2014, 06:01 AM
You should see the amount of invalid IP adresses they manage to trace in various TV series, like this one. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiutI_HD_vU)

The best part is how they manage to use an IP address to get a home address...

Kirbychu
December 20th, 2014, 02:30 PM
My "fix" for this annoying ad space was to move the inventory all the way over to the right side of the screen so that it cut off the ad part of it completely. This gets annoying though as any time you have to turn in items for a quest, it resets the position of your inventory - so you have to constantly move it like this.

Hopefully Suba has the ability to remove this - and hopefully they do, because it's pretty obvious no one actually WANTS it there.

Xiaoming001
December 20th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but at the end of the day Suba runs a business and they depend of advertising and money to continue their operation. They have to respect their contract with Softstar and illegal modification of the game would result in dire consequence. However, we as the players could propose an alternative and someone had already given a hint and it would be a while before an actual solution is delivered by players.

Kirbychu
December 21st, 2014, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestion but at the end of the day Suba runs a business and they depend of advertising and money to continue their operation. They have to respect their contract with Softstar and illegal modification of the game would result in dire consequence. However, we as the players could propose an alternative and someone had already given a hint and it would be a while before an actual solution is delivered by players.

No one is saying that NOT putting some advertisements on the inventory is "illegally modifying" the game. And the GM's here at Suba have yet to come out and say if what we're proposing is even POSSIBLE. They could very well be ingrained into the DNA of the game now. However, these advertisements were not always there, so there is still a possibility that they could just not add this feature. And they will have plenty of advertisements for the game (as our 10k+ kickstarter has shown us) and the game will also be featured on Steam, so they will not be wanting for money with DOMO. Suba shouldn't have to lower themselves to the likes of Aeria and only care about profits when they're running a game publishing company. They should care about the games and the community, this is what will bring in their revenue - because once you (the publisher) stop caring about the game, people start to leave. This is what happened with Aeria's DOMO.

As for other alternatives to this inventory ad invasion, I have listed several in a previous post. If Suba runs their item mall right, gives us sales and switches out costumes/items frequently, there wont be a reason to put it in there. If you recall there is also the in-game GM announcement system (the red text that makes a noise) where they can also advertise what's hot in the item mall for the day. This is a free game, so it's obvious that 100% of their revenue is coming from the cash shop, but that doesn't mean that we (as players) need or want to be bombarded with advertisements while we play in a manner that really distracts from the game experience. Your inventory is much bigger in width WITH this advertisement, it's an eyesore, it can be accidentally clicked while playing - and some people who play with their inventories open will have these issues constantly.

Whether this feature is removed or not in this version will have no bearing on whether or not I play this game. I just thought it was a good suggestion and possibly something that was an easy fix. Obviously things like fixing the glitched stairs and things like that are more important (though also not likely happening since it's still an issue in TW version), but if something is easy to change, then why not? Again this is assuming that they even CAN do it - because it very well may be impossible at this point.

Miradora
December 21st, 2014, 12:15 AM
Honestly, even if you click on the items on that sidebar, all it does is open up the item mall window to that category (with the cancellable bank password prompt first). You can't accidentally buy something from there, and yes I tested it.

Kitababie
December 21st, 2014, 09:04 AM
Honestly, even if you click on the items on that sidebar, all it does is open up the item mall window to that category (with the cancellable bank password prompt first). You can't accidentally buy something from there, and yes I tested it.

Maybe not, but the bank notice is definitely hazardous in battle.

Xiaoming001
December 21st, 2014, 09:44 AM
Sorry, I really don't understand this because it never cause me any problem. In the first place, why you clicked on it? What are the possible senario?

Xiaoming001
December 21st, 2014, 09:46 AM

*grab miao and start noming her*

Matchamatsu
December 22nd, 2014, 12:41 AM
I've never accidently clicked the item mall side bar in inventory for the whole of 2-3 years I've been playing there. It's not that big a deal..it just ruins the look of a nicely organized inventory. My inventory always looks like crap anyway so...yeah.

Ghirahim
January 7th, 2015, 04:06 PM
They should care about the games and the community, this is what will bring in their revenue - because once you (the publisher) stop caring about the game, people start to leave. This is what happened with Aeria's DOMO.

I completely agree. People should be aware what they can buy, and know it helps the game, but not feel harassed into doing it.
If people feel like they're being harassed into paying for items they'll dig their heels in and not buy anything.

If someone has an enjoyable experience with nothing intrusive like this, they'll be more likely to want to buy things on the item mall later.
The host of the game should make sure they have this experience, so they get a sustainable profit.