PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Playing Aura Kingdom While Waiting For DOMO?

Kirbychu
November 23rd, 2014, 08:26 PM
FFXIV is boring me now, so I'm thinking about picking up Aura Kingdom again. I played it a while back like when it first came out and I liked it but had no one I knew playing it with me so I didn't play it for very long. I was wondering if anyone here plays it currently while we all wait for DOMO. It would be nice to see a friendly face or two if I decide to give it another try (this waiting is killing me...I need something to do).

Oribani
November 23rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
I used to play Aura Kingdom. I stopped at about level 51? I was a brawler.

I don't know, it got a bit plain after a while but I absolutely love the beautiful graphics.

If I recall, I'm on server Chimera.

Aidyl
November 23rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
Oh my goodness!!! I am playing!! I also liked it quite a bit but had no one to really play with, so I was considering dropping it.

Gambachi
November 23rd, 2014, 08:28 PM
Eeek no! It's Aeria. Won't touch them with a barge poll after all the times been burnt by them.

Kirbychu
November 23rd, 2014, 08:31 PM
Eeek no! It's Aeria. Won't touch them with a barge poll after all the times been burnt by them.

haha yea I know the feeling. I for sure ain't giving them any more of my money...but I don't wanna avoid a game just because of that. It's not the game's fault after all :\

LuLuNoir
November 23rd, 2014, 08:34 PM
I hate XLegend and all the copy pasta they keep on shelling out. Getting so old.

Oribani
November 23rd, 2014, 08:35 PM
I used to spend money on AK for those Eidolon bags. I wanted Serena <Moonlight Maiden> so badly, but Aeria made the chance with those bags 0.01% to get a key fragment or full key. I plan on getting her the hard way now if I ever play again.

I hate XLegend and all the copy pasta they keep on shelling out. Getting so old.

Agreed. I'm tired of their copy and pasting. XLegend helped make Spirit Tales and I swear it's just a chibi Eden Eternal. It had so much potential too. :/

Eden Eternal overall was a copy and paste, and every place there was some type of re-colored gang that was there. They act as if no one will ever find out it was re-colored.

Mitzruti
November 23rd, 2014, 08:36 PM
played for a while when it first came out... but the horrific daily quest grind burned me out. took a break for a couple days and couldn't bring myself to log in again.
the part where it pretends to be a dual-class game only to have your subclass be almost entirely irrelevant was really disappointing too.

Loomynar
November 23rd, 2014, 08:40 PM
Almost played it. It was hyped by my friend as "the next incarnation of DOMO" or perhaps some kind of spiritual sequel to DOMO. Not intested though.

LuLuNoir
November 23rd, 2014, 08:44 PM
Now if you asked me if I was playing Lucent Heart I'd say yes.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cf53dbea62412665123c631d820607dd/tumblr_mjtgxkPNk61rdutw3o1_400.gif

Loomynar
November 23rd, 2014, 08:45 PM
In an unrelated note, I tried playing Rusty Hearts. Pretty cool, if you like meeting your clones and twins everywhere. In RH's defence, it was a pretty cool game, it's not a point and click game and I was able to get some good loot without spending $ in it. It just became pretty boring as most of the time you will be soloing on the dungeons.

LuLuNoir
November 23rd, 2014, 08:47 PM
In an unrelated note, I tried playing Rusty Hearts. Pretty cool, if you like meeting your clones and twins everywhere...

LOL that's what hate about most MOBAs.

Oribani
November 23rd, 2014, 08:47 PM
In an unrelated note, I tried playing Rusty Hearts. Pretty cool, if you like meeting your clones and twins everywhere...

I took a look at Rusty Hearts a while ago, it didn't interest me. D :

Kirbychu
November 23rd, 2014, 08:56 PM
Didn't Rusty Hearts close? Also I tried Lucent Heart and couldn't get past the first 2 mins of the game before closing it. Not my cup of tea I guess idk.

Loomynar
November 23rd, 2014, 08:56 PM
LOL that's what hate about most MOBAs.
This is different though, you are constrained to a character with their own names and it comes with their own distinct personalities. At least in domo it feels more immersive as the charcters are blank slates that needs our own imagination to be alive.

I took a look at Rusty Hearts a while ago, it didn't interest me. D :
Dropped it not long after playing, at least it feels DOMO like thanks to its cell-shaded graphics :D

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 09:12 PM
Define playing.

I have a level 60 staff/gun that I never get on now.

Superstarstrike
November 23rd, 2014, 09:20 PM
I used to play Aura Kingdom. Twice.

First time was around Aeria releasing it, but no one I knew was playing it (and if there were, they like me were just waiting for Lucent Heart).

Second time was a group of friends I made on Lucent Heart, some of which quit or had little to no time to play the game. We thought of playing Aura Kingdom together, but...conflicts happened, and now we don't talk to each other much anymore.

By myself, as much as I like some of the features on that game, it gets boring quick. I also felt forced to team up several times, as opposed to being encouraged to team up (I'm sorry but l feel like loyalty points weren't enough). Especially with a solo/party dungeon system. Unless you plan on dominating that game, you have absolutely no reason to party on there outside of the Dimensional Hall quests. You're better off playing a single-player adventure in that case. Though, that's just my thoughts on the game.

LilKizuna
November 24th, 2014, 07:54 AM
I had a Guardian till higher tier levels made them useless.

~Lil_Kizuna

Churaga
November 24th, 2014, 08:08 AM
I used to play AK, but i stopped aaaat uh.. level 55? maybe 60 i cant remember. Good thing i didnt spend a penny on that game c; I just knew i wouldnt stay long v.v

TrippyLogic
November 24th, 2014, 09:01 AM
I played it for about a month, when they reworked the skills I wasn't interested enough to bother reading into it (about 7 months ago I think).

KuroEins
November 24th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Used to play it but got bored/sidetracked after a few weeks-month I think. Was fun but very similar to their other games Eden Eternal and Grand Fantasia which I played quite a bit before.

LoIcatKumi
November 24th, 2014, 01:02 PM
I did (play AA)
Then they make the first major update and killed my only fun with the game (collecting items to get new pets).
So I quit...

Was around lvl 43 or so

Savven
November 24th, 2014, 04:56 PM
i played AK till lvl 60 and quit. aeria is complete trash and theyre boring as frig they do the same events
every week and in return are terrible rewards [200 rc] which is enough for ONE paragon run -_- -heavy panting-

Allyrianna
November 24th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I played AK when it first came out with Aeria. Beautiful game, but it got repetitive pretty quick :c

DevilInGlasses
November 24th, 2014, 06:01 PM
GS'd AK temporarily when it released. Was fun, but like all XLegend games, it's just the same game rehashed with slightly different graphics.

Kitsu Saga was by far the best XL game. Would still be alive today if they had removed the botting system.

Summerstream
November 24th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Kitsu Saga was by far the best XL game. Would still be alive today if they had removed the botting system.

I agree with you here. I enjoyed KS, and I was saddened that they removed it.

On topic for AK: I used to play it, but stopped a while ago. I was the gunslinger class. It feels too much like a copy (which it was).

UmbyZero
November 24th, 2014, 06:43 PM
I can't seem to get into any MMO anymore that has only humans as playable races. It's just so blah.