PDA

View Full Version : Username hogging.

LadyMae
November 23rd, 2014, 10:13 PM
I'm going to be busy the first hour of DoMO launch username hogging XD
Anyone else planning on doing this? x3

CheanChan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:14 PM
Nobody has my name sooo probably not ;o UNLESS.. SOMEONE TAKES IT FOR FUN. -flips tables -

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 10:14 PM
Will try to claim the letter "a" lol ;)

LadyMae
November 23rd, 2014, 10:23 PM
Nobody has my name sooo probably not ;o UNLESS.. SOMEONE TAKES IT FOR FUN. -flips tables -

*would probably do it just because you said it* >D

JinxCat
November 23rd, 2014, 10:24 PM
Could you not

LadyMae
November 23rd, 2014, 10:25 PM
Could you not

>o> its war!

CheanChan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:26 PM
*would probably do it just because you said it* >d

noh `_____`;

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 10:29 PM
I got about 4-5 names I must have, so I'll probably be doing that.

LadyMae
November 23rd, 2014, 10:29 PM
noh `_____`;I will gladly sell it back to you for the low price of $99 :D

LadyMae
November 23rd, 2014, 10:30 PM
I got about 4-5 names I must have, so I'll probably be doing that.

If I can guess it >o> You're not safe with me!

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 10:34 PM
If I can guess it >o> You're not safe with me!

I will mind crush you.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 10:37 PM
I will mind crush you.

Can sylphs mind crush :0?

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Can sylphs mind crush :0?

Sylphs can't. I can.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 10:51 PM
Sylphs can't. I can.

I bet you can. Cuz you graduated uc Berkeley

OmfgSoySauce
November 23rd, 2014, 10:51 PM
I got 3 names I intend to hold and actively use. Mule names don't matter to me so much. Domo never did the thing where once you delete your char you have to wait x days (no notice) until that username is freed up again right?
If it's like TW domo with 4 chars to 1 account I hope I can get it all in 1 go, and then remake them on their proper account later.

Kaipiee
November 23rd, 2014, 10:58 PM
I have a few names I want to hoard and use for alt/mule accounts but I don't think I'll be doing that when someone would want that name even more for a main character.

LadyMae
November 23rd, 2014, 11:07 PM
I have a few names I want to hoard and use for alt/mule accounts but I don't think I'll be doing that when someone would want that name even more for a main character.

If that were the case and I wasn't also use that name, I wouldn't mind letting them have it ^^

NautX
November 23rd, 2014, 11:22 PM
I have about 3 names I'm absolutely hogging, but my main is hardly ever used so i'm not worried about it.

LadyMae
November 23rd, 2014, 11:47 PM
I have about 3 names I'm absolutely hogging, but my main is hardly ever used so i'm not worried about it.

Yeah I have five in mind, so three accounts would suffice :3

Loomynar
November 24th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Try to claim cool 2 letters words perhaps?

Caturdays
November 24th, 2014, 12:04 AM
I'm going to be busy the first hour of DoMO launch username hogging XD
Anyone else planning on doing this? x3

I really only want to get Maru or Marutan as my main name, in almost every game I played after DOMO I was known as Maru so it would be nice! I do know many peeps also like it so I have my fingers crossed :3

LadyMae
November 24th, 2014, 12:07 AM
^ You should probably delete that post so people don't intentionally steal it on purpose >o< (this is why im not quoting you)

SeanCT
November 24th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I think I've been hanging around the Prestige thread too much, I have the sudden desire to make a bot that will instantly snag the top 1000 anime/Squaresoft character names the moment the servers come online and then offer them up for sale/auction... *evil laugh*

LadyMae
November 24th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Try to claim cool 2 letters words perhaps?

Yeah, that's basically me. XD Two-Letter word Crew

Caturdays
November 24th, 2014, 12:55 AM
I don't mind if people take it or if they take it cause they want it xD I don't mind doing variations~ on it :3

I'd also like to name my mules my names from ONYX on AG, so that would be funny if someone took my names and actually ran around on them xD

TrippyLogic
November 24th, 2014, 01:53 AM
I just need one name.
Alts used to gather materials can have whatever name, I don't care what.

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 04:01 AM
This is exactly why I've not posted what names I want lol...
There are four names I like but only need two of them to work, my timezone works against me though .-.

Churaga
November 24th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Welp i have some names that im not sure if they're too common >///> i just hope no one takes them NO ONE! GOSH

ChallengerAhri
November 24th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I'm sure my previous domo name will be available. Although...it seemed to be taken when I signed up for Subagames, so I feel threatened now. ;;

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Yes! I am going to make 3 characters with names I love.</3 Gotta make sure it's there for ME ONLY ME!

Gambachi
November 24th, 2014, 09:09 AM
The better release the CB at a reasonable time for most time zones to have a fair chance then. :EEK:

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 09:10 AM
The better release the CB at a reasonable time for most time zones to have a fair chance then. :EEK:

I have to disagree.
Also Gambachi what IGNs are you going to use?
*gets pen and paper*

EnochP
November 24th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I can't remember, does DOMO allow spaces in names?

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 09:22 AM
I can't remember, does DOMO allow spaces in names?

No but I think they allow characters. Like ~ and _

EnochP
November 24th, 2014, 09:25 AM
No but I think they allow characters. Like ~ and _

Aw ew, I hate underscores in names

Better start thinking of some snappy one worders then. Then again my mind will change so many times in the two months before release

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Aw ew, I hate underscores in names

Better start thinking of some snappy one worders then. Then again my mind will change so many times in the two months before release

Just make a list of names and pick the top three. :)

But I guess you can always just break it up with capital letters.

Loomynar
November 24th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Underscore_character.docx How's that for a character name

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Underscore_character.docx How's that for a character name

LOL that name might be a little too long.

Gambachi
November 24th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I have to disagree.
Also Gambachi what IGNs are you going to use?
*gets pen and paper*

Was thinking about TheWorstDomoPlayerinHistoryofDomoEver Or IExploitAlltheThingsBanMeNowPlease! or Bob.

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Was thinking about TheWorstDomoPlayerinHistoryofDomoEver Or IExploitAlltheThingsBanMeNowPlease! or Bob.

LOL go with IAMNaked haha

Gambachi
November 24th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Iamnakedmonehnowplox!

I just worked out the secret of Prestige :awsum:

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Iamnakedmonehnowplox!

I just worked out the secret of Prestige :awsum:

Are you going to tell me the secret? =o HUH?!

Loomynar
November 24th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Kinda reminds me when people do these kind of stuffs in youtube, "ThisisAReallyLongUsernameBecauseYoutubeAllowedMeto TypeinAllofThesePhrasesandYouHaveApproximatelyWast edFiveSecondsReadingMyUsername"

Gambachi
November 24th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Are you going to tell me the secret? =o HUH?!

Kidnap and ransom. I didn't say that though Gracey will have my kneecaps! :(

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 10:22 AM
LOL! If she takes your kneecaps then you get to use a peg leg. <3

LilKizuna
November 24th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Least mine will be safe.

~Lil_Kizuna

FireaArt
November 24th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Won't everyone only be able to get a max of two names right now if we only have one server starting out?

SeanCT
November 24th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Won't everyone only be able to get a max of two names right now if we only have one server starting out?

multiple accounts o.o

Carecrow
November 24th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Least mine will be safe.

~Lil_Kizuna

wat?

10char

LadyMae
November 24th, 2014, 01:25 PM
LOL! If she takes your kneecaps then you get to use a peg leg. <3

LMFAO your signature

DOMOAKFrost
November 24th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Least mine will be safe.

~Lil_Kizuna

no it won't

MikeSpo
November 24th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'll stick to one usename, and one username only.

Cidopuck
November 24th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Names will be obtained by players on a first come first served basis, but I would just like to ask people not to be THAT guy and take a name just because you know someone else wants it.

We will not be dealing with any arguments that arise from it as a support issue.

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 04:12 PM
*takes the name Cidopuck*
Just kidding :p I just hope the names I like are less popular than I think they are...

Cidopuck
November 24th, 2014, 04:26 PM
*takes the name Cidopuck*
Just kidding :p I just hope the names I like are less popular than I think they are...

You'd better not! If you take the name of any GMs we'll basically force you out of it. Sorry!

DOMOAKFrost
November 24th, 2014, 04:40 PM
You'd better not! If you take the name of any GMs we'll basically force you out of it. Sorry!

You should rename her Bieber4Ever

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I'm not afraid to hire assassins to kill people I know online.

DOMOAKFrost
November 24th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I'm not afraid to hire assassins to kill people I know online.

that's illegal, sista

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Nope, I have a plan.
I'll dress the assassins up so ridiculously that no one will believe the witnesses;
"So what you mean to tell me is that someone in a pink polka-dottted suit and a falcon head with pepsi logos for eyes went and killed someone? .... Dismissed on the grounds of insanity."
~(o.o~)

DOMOAKFrost
November 24th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Nope, I have a plan.
I'll dress the assassins up so ridiculously that no one will believe the witnesses;
"So what you mean to tell me is that someone in a pink polka-dottted suit and a falcon head with pepsi logos for eyes went and killed someone? .... Dismissed on the grounds of insanity."
~(o.o~)

except that now you have said it... I'll just have it entered into evidence.

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 05:25 PM
That costume was only an example, I'll have something else planned... :D
Either that or someone can buy me the sniper rifle I've asked for for years...

DevilInGlasses
November 24th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I won't be. I don't find anything particularly fun or interesting in the use of generic names from anime. I enjoy the creation of my own names (This forum name exempt, coming from Log Horizon)

UmbyZero
November 24th, 2014, 06:19 PM
In every game, one of the first names taken is always Luna. I'm gonna try to get it for my female character (my main will be male) because it's my cat's name, but I bet I won't get it. If I can't get it, then maybe I'll make another male and name it after my other cat. I can't even say "Hey guys! Don't steal my name!" because there's probably like a dozen people already who want it.

One thing I loved about DOMO, which aggravated me in some other games (like Eden Eternal), was that you could delete your character and then remake it with the same name. It's helpful when you realize you don't like your face and haircut shortly after making your character.

ArabPikachu
November 24th, 2014, 06:47 PM
In every game, one of the first names taken is always Luna. I'm gonna try to get it for my female character (my main will be male) because it's my cat's name, but I bet I won't get it. If I can't get it, then maybe I'll make another male and name it after my other cat. I can't even say "Hey guys! Don't steal my name!" because there's probably like a dozen people already who want it.

One thing I loved about DOMO, which aggravated me in some other games (like Eden Eternal), was that you could delete your character and then remake it with the same name. It's helpful when you realize you don't like your face and haircut shortly after making your character.

I agree, just be prepared to claim that name when domo releases. I hope they make the game downloadable before they open servers that way people with slow internet or processors log in at. The same time as everyone else.

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 06:59 PM
*considers suggesting a subapoints service where for 1,000 points they let you reserve a name*
Muahahaaa...

GameGrave
November 24th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I'm hoping to be named Grave as my main account if I make any mules I'll wait til that time comes and leave the names people wanted to have them. But I am pretty adament about my name being Grave....if I have to my name will be a variation with the word Grave in it. I dont care when the launch is though I'm taking time off work to make sure I'm one of the few thousand people clogging up the summoning pool

BlightBoy17
November 25th, 2014, 04:35 AM
I think I've been hanging around the Prestige thread too much, I have the sudden desire to make a bot that will instantly snag the top 1000 anime/Squaresoft character names the moment the servers come online and then offer them up for sale/auction... *evil laugh*

good thing my names not out of the top 1000 : P

LilKizuna
November 25th, 2014, 07:12 AM
no it won't

u gonna steal it?

~Lil_Kizuna

Rutella
November 26th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Im pretty lucky in that the name I want is always available (of course when I was little I always put 'chan' at the end so maybe getting the actual name will be kinda difficult), but I might try to get some common names or something

I will be the fastest, fight me

DOMOAKFrost
November 26th, 2014, 01:31 PM
u gonna steal it?

~Lil_Kizuna

how many times do I have to say it lol

LilKizuna
November 26th, 2014, 01:37 PM
how many times do I have to say it lol

....so thats a no?

~Lil_Kizuna

ZenDragoon
November 26th, 2014, 01:41 PM
While username hogging is fine in my books, please make sure that it does not cause conflict. Gotta make sure DOMO is a happy fun place for everyone :)

ArabPikachu
November 26th, 2014, 05:34 PM
While username hogging is fine in my books, please make sure that it does not cause conflict. Gotta make sure DOMO is a happy fun place for everyone :)

Are single letter names such as "a" claimable?

LadyOkamia
November 26th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I wont be doing this because I know how it feels when all the names I wanted were all taken because of people having so many alts etc. So I will not be hogging any names. I will only have 1 main character and 1 mule to store all my stuff.

AndreaY
November 26th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Me too, will stick to just one of my two or three names I usually have.

Z0mb3h
November 26th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I'm going to try and get a few names I really want for mules and alts, but I have no plans to try and hog a ton. Only a few fandom things for needed mules.

AndreaY
November 27th, 2014, 08:26 AM
What about some kind of automated rename when anything named, is not used at all for a given timeframe?

Make "awesomenick" and "anothergreatnick" sit in 6 months and become "Robonick12345" and "Robonick12346" :p

.. uhmmm ... I now wonder if someone really will wants tag the "awesomenick" :awsum:

Carecrow
November 27th, 2014, 10:21 AM
.. uhmmm ... I now wonder if someone really will wants tag the "awesomenick" :awsum:

I'm after something very close to that.

Haven't seen an automation like that in a game before, I'd imagine the entire character would expire?

AndreaY
November 27th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Expired character I guess will not be erased, it always may happen you want "resurrect" your old toon from the dust and enjoy once again the play with that ;)

There also are every now and then, "return back" campaigns so better have a place to return to!

Maybe will help to setup a "rename flag" after defaulting names, so who really will returns back, can choose a new name on login.

TBH, I stilll haven't see any game deleting unused characters. I guess those characters just uses a bunch of bits on a database so no need to drastic erasures. Yes, renaming is a thing I already witnessed in the past. It happens more likely in the event of "server merges", in case of name clash you get a temp name and on login you will choose a new one.

But, IMHO, on DOMO opening we will have more likely to deal with server full and day 1 will be a login server hammering :COOL:

ZenDragoon
November 27th, 2014, 10:59 AM
To clear up any confusion, I recommend playing the game for a couple of days on one account and perhaps make an alt once you've got your feet wet a bit. But if you if you created like 30 accounts just to claim names then we'd have a big problem on our hands.

If you're going to claim a couple of usernames, please be reasonable and respectful about it. We don't want to have to intervene if this is being abused.

Let me know if you guys have any further questions.

Yaoisama
November 27th, 2014, 11:15 AM
If you're going to claim a couple of usernames, please be reasonable and respectful about it. We don't want to have to intervene if this is being abused.

^^^^^^^^^

This entire thread has been a joke, imo. Thanks for the input, ZenDragoon. <3

FireaArt
November 27th, 2014, 11:52 AM
And, say someone took the username you wanted by chance. They had no idea you were gonna use that username, or maybe they had every reason to want it as much as you. Don't approach them in game just to confront them about it. Hopefully it should be obvious not to harass people over names!

Of course, if someone blatantly steals the name you told them about on an alt they never use, then maybe you have some reason to be mad about that, but take it up with a GM before taking matters into your own hands!

EnochP
November 27th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I'm going to pick some good old patriotic British names, I'm sure I'm under no fear of having mine ninja'd

GPolky
November 29th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I got 3 names I intend to hold and actively use. Mule names don't matter to me so much. Domo never did the thing where once you delete your char you have to wait x days (no notice) until that username is freed up again right?
If it's like TW domo with 4 chars to 1 account I hope I can get it all in 1 go, and then remake them on their proper account later.

Nope. I once made a character, decided I didn't like the hair color, deleted and remade it in the same day.

AndreaY
November 29th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'm curious too, how many slots available. Even if I'm not planning to make more than two characters.

Matchamatsu
November 29th, 2014, 04:52 PM
It's ok guys, if your name is taken already just add 5 numbers to it.

DOMOAKFrost
November 29th, 2014, 05:52 PM

I refuse to use names with numbers unless numbers are part of the name.

Carecrow
November 29th, 2014, 06:04 PM

4|<f|2057??

or just 4kfr057

DOMOAKFrost
November 29th, 2014, 06:06 PM
4|<f|2057??

73|-|5[4123[120|/\|

Matchamatsu
November 29th, 2014, 10:59 PM
how about \o/~*AKFrost*~\o/?

DOMOAKFrost
November 29th, 2014, 11:01 PM
how about \o/~*AKFrost*~\o/?

I actually never used AKFrost as an IGN

but eh, I doubt anybody'll be able to guess my IGN for suba anyway

Matchamatsu
November 29th, 2014, 11:09 PM

lol I didn't know so I had to guess.

It should be "AKAS" all knowing all seeing

Matchamatsu
November 30th, 2014, 02:18 PM
^ meant to be a compliment not a troll. :/

EnochP
November 30th, 2014, 02:34 PM

Things I'll never do is add numbers or underscores to names

It's easier and more fun to just add Sir or Lord or something to the beginning of your name than adding gobbldygoop to the end in numerical form

Caturdays
November 30th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Or as I used to do "Chan", "Sama", "San", "Kun", etc. I remember some people mistook me for a guy because my second character was named danchan, I think it was really funny. It helped me avoid some serious creeps too, so there's that xD

Shiroyaksha
November 30th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Ill be thinking about it on the name creation window :evil:

Zoraidal
November 30th, 2014, 03:01 PM

It's easier and more fun to just add Sir or Lord or something to the beginning of your name than adding gobbldygoop to the end in numerical form

Agreed. I love it when people put thought into their name instead of just taking a random generated name that the game might give.

lol - gobbldygoop... love that word. :D

Matchamatsu
November 30th, 2014, 04:34 PM

The first username I made for domo had numbers in it. I was trying the game out for the first time so I rushed through character name/creation. Somehow I ended up sticking with the name because I thought it'd be a waste to remake character. I might even use the same name with numbers in it on this version too just because I can't be bothered to change it. If I were to make a username again on another game I would definitely choose one without numbers or squiggles in it lol

TheRealTangerine
December 1st, 2014, 04:53 AM

I'm gonna find you and PM you and say "Found you!!" :D

LuLuNoir
December 3rd, 2014, 02:07 PM
Decided that one of my chars will be named YaoiDragon™.

We all love Yaoi and Dragons are obviously badass.

DOMOAKFrost
December 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
Decided that one of my chars will be named YaoiDragon™.

We all love Yaoi and Dragons are obviously badass.

sounds like somebody's skyrim character...

LadyMae
December 3rd, 2014, 04:38 PM
sounds like somebody's skyrim character...

Best game ever 10/10 would play again if I had patience.

LuLuNoir
December 3rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
Best game ever 10/10 would play again if I had patience.

LMAO same. I think I have tried to play through it twice since I beat it and can't force myself to play pass the part were the hero meets the old farts on the mountain. Those damn hillbillies!~ They expect too much.