PDA

View Full Version : DOMO New Player Advice

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 23rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
I played the aeria version, so I know some things about DOMO, as do most people who are going to play. This topic is for advice to players who are new to DOMO, and don't know anything about it.

That said, here is some advice I have for anyone starting out:

NEVER sell materials to an NPC. This is not to say 'keep everything!', that's totally unreasonable, you should always sell your stuff to other players, if you keep open a stall with all of your crap, someone should be able to find it useful and buy it.
When in need of materials, buy from other players or get it yourself. There is an NPC in Eversun who sells the materials for most things, but this is a last resort, not a first, as it is very expensive to buy from here.
Tax Evasion! If you set up a stall in Eversun, there is a tax taken off the amount of gold you get for selling each item, however, this tax does not apply in Eversun North or Eversun South, you can also decrease the tax by leveling the skill on Merchant. If you want to sell things faster and don't care about the tax, feel free to ignore this.
Mind the class of the monsters you fight, especially when you solo. If you are a thief soloing, and you go up against a monster with magic, you'll probably get killed due to a lack of magic defense. Magic defense is strongest on robes, and vice versa: heavy armor gives the strongest defense against physical monsters.
Elemental system is rock paper scissors style, based on chinese myth: Fire beats metal, metal beats wood, wood beats earth, earth beats water, water beats fire.
Get a beginner bow for parties. The beginner bow has the range of a bow, but has no need of the equip bow skill, it is sold by an NPC where you first come out of the introduction instance.
Use a spear on Mercenary. The buff skills help a lot more than the defense of a shield.
Try to play classes which can share equipment: This saves on bag space. (Thief/Hunter or Wizard/Shaman are good combos to start with)
Do the Confusion Dance (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Confusion_Dance) Quest Line, it gives you some items which allow you to store stuff to save on bag space.
Do quests from the Eversun Elder and the Darkdale Elder, if you do them to the end, there is a chance of getting a bag upgrade for 5 more slots. (one time for each)
Use the 'friend'/'teacher/student'/'lover' NPCs. If you get students, you can earn teacher points to buy boxes to help you store stuff (like arrows/scrolls/frogs) in less inventory slots.
Use titles. They grant bonuses.

That's all I can think of right now.

If anyone says something which is a good addition, I'll put it here:

The proficiency skill which is passive is useless unless you have the skill to equip the weapon. The skill is to make other classes be able to use your skills closer to full strength, Example: Thief has 80% bow efficiency, so if you equip bow, he does less damage than the hunter would. All classes have 100% efficiency at their own weapon, so the skill is usually worthless.
Be wary of non-weapon skills, some of them are great, but a lot aren't very useful, especially compared to the alternative.
Commoner skills: you should get alchemy up on commoner, with a gathering skill for a few things you need. Use the points you get in the beginning wisely. The alchemy must be used to improve it, so start doing that early.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 10:21 PM
Thank you :)

CheanChan
November 23rd, 2014, 10:22 PM
I'm new. Thanks for the help! o;

Squishington
November 23rd, 2014, 10:31 PM
Elemental system is rock paper scissors style, based on chinese myth: Fire beats metal, metal beats wood, wood beats earth, earth beats water, water beats fire.
I doubt this is any sort of actual mantra, so don't quote me on this, but here's how I remember it:
Fire melts metal
Metal cuts through wood
Wood grows through earth
Earth dams water
Water puts out fire

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 23rd, 2014, 10:39 PM
I doubt this is any sort of actual mantra, so don't quote me on this, but here's how I remember it:
Fire melts metal
Metal cuts through wood
Wood grows through earth
Earth dams water
Water puts out fire
There is also the support thing in chinese myth, but I don't know if it has much of an effect in game aside from that one class quest mentioning it:
Wood supports fire(fuel), Fire supports earth(ash), earth supports metal(Ores), Metal supports water(buckets/ice. ice is considered metal), water supports wood(watering plants)

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 10:40 PM
There is also the support thing in chinese myth, but I don't know if it has much of an effect in game aside from that one class quest mentioning it:
Wood supports fire(fuel), Fire supports earth(ash), earth supports metal(Ores), Metal supports water(buckets/ice. ice is considered metal), water supports wood(watering plants)

actually, metal creates water is supposed to represent condensation.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 10:46 PM
actually, metal creates water is supposed to represent condensation.

What college did you go to?

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM
What college did you go to?

UC Berkeley, Bachelor's in Computer Science and Chinese Language and Culture.

ArabPikachu
November 23rd, 2014, 10:49 PM

I'm applied to Ucla last week. I'm a transfer student . Was gonna do Berkeley but was too far from my house

Now I see how your a genius in these subjects

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 23rd, 2014, 10:54 PM

Ever write a paper on DOMO? It has quite a lot from Chinese myths and such.

DOMOAKFrost
November 23rd, 2014, 10:55 PM
Ever write a paper on DOMO? It has quite a lot from Chinese myths and such.

sadly no, since most of DOMO's took vast amounts of liberty, and thus were unscholarly.

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 23rd, 2014, 11:14 PM
Ah, you can't edit messages after 30 minutes. that kills the updating idea.
I wanted to update: Be wary of non-weapon skills, with the exception of buffs/non-combat skills.

Loomynar
November 24th, 2014, 12:14 AM
I will be reposting something that I posted in another thread, about levelling. You guys can share yours and perhaps update my outdated info :p

Allow me to add in my opinion on the best mobs! I didn't play on the Aeria server, unlike most of my friends, after the server that I used to play was shut down (Indonesian server). The names of the monsters/mobs may be inaccurate as there are translation differences but I'll make sure that everyone gets it! Here's the best mobs in my opinion, I recommend partying up with proper support for the best grinding, hunting experience, and as a last side note, my server didn't have any rings/sara's, so it really encouraged partying, which I think makes it fun. The only way to solo is to use the ruby pet, but even with that you have to be careful as not to get one shot'd by the mobs.

Lvl 10-15 Maze below the well On this phase, just mob those green jellies, occasionally hitting those yellow ones until you reach lvl 13-14. Reaching level 15 here would require a more tedious grind.

Lvl 15-20 Inn Basement First off, you could solo some rats, or maybe team up to fight those poisonous boxes. The boxes would be too much of a hassle on the 15-17s as they has some nasty poisons. Then approximately at 17 or 18, gather round and fight those barrel like caskmasters.

Lvl 20-35 BigBeam You are going to spend quite a long time here, yes. First off, you'd want to take on the huge flower mob named that has a high HP. These kind of high HP mob seem to be worth the XP/time ratio, compared to the weaker, ladybugs and those other critters. With a party, you can even start hunting flowers in the 18-19 level, well I used to do that. After you reach level 22-25, move on to the red mushrooms called the Mushroom Fiend. After reaching the late 20s like level 27, start hunting the brown mushroom instead. You could pretty much level your way to level 40 here but the XP gain would slowly decline.

Lvl 35-45 Pandora's Grotto, Blackatoa On the way of this cave/dungeon, there lies the lair of the fugitives, a humanoid mob with their arms bound.

Lvl 45-50 Town-God Temple Traverse trough hell itself, go to the end of this dungeon and hunt on the Minotaur Soldier. Protip: for those glass cannon classes, it would be great if you equip robes at the first part of this dungeon, there are a lot of those magic based aggro-ing mobs waiting to get you. Alternatively, you could level at the Canute Canal 2 in Blackatoa. The fishes are the way to go but I couldn't recall which species gives the best Exp/Time spent..

Lvl 50-60 Dragon's Den Assuming that you have the equip robe skill, get yourself the best robe for your level and fly on to the entrance of Sneaky Peak to descent. At this particular area, team up and fight those green flying snakes. They will take quite a time to take down, but that is my preference, taking on 1 strong mob, rather than killing many weaker ones at the same time!

I wrote this 'guide' from my experience, and considering that my version of the game is quite outdated (last time the server shut down was on 2010!) and the character I main has only reached level 60, I couldn't include the tips for level 60 and above. It would be nice if you guys could share yours!

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 24th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Weapons and Elements
Some not included, because the wiki says "Elements only applies to physical attacks, not magical. "

Metal:
Abacus
Boxing Gloves
Fan
Staff
Spear

Wood:
Abacus
Bow
Staff
Sword
Earth:
Bow
Boxing Gloves
Saber
Dagger
Water:
Axe
Dagger
Fan
Sword
Fire:
Spear
Saber
Axe

HakiYuna
November 24th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I will be reposting something that I posted in another thread, about levelling. You guys can share yours and perhaps update my outdated info :p

damn o-o i miss those mobs so much Dx and for 40-46 lvl i went for foggy forest o-o hunting Jumboa for 46-50 o-o
anyways the giant flower was named Giant Man-Eating Marigold : p the flying green snakes were Flying Noisy Snakes :3

Loomynar
November 24th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Weapons and Elements
Some not included, because the wiki says "Elements only applies to physical attacks, not magical. "

Metal:

Abacus
Boxing Gloves
Fan
Staff
Spear

Wood:

Abacus
Bow
Staff
Sword

Earth:

Bow
Boxing Gloves
Saber
Dagger

Water:

Axe
Dagger
Fan
Sword

Fire:

Spear
Saber
Axe

Usually the weapons which has elements are characterized by having lower attack base than their counterparts and is usually equip-able in level 20, 23, 40, 43, and 60. I can only speak about sabers as I used to main them, level 18's weapon is better to get for pure, non elemental damage, compared to the level 20's earth elemental weapon.

Loomynar
November 24th, 2014, 07:36 AM
damn o-o i miss those mobs so much Dx and for 40-46 lvl i went for foggy forest o-o hunting Jumboa for 46-50 o-o
anyways the giant flower was named Giant Man-Eating Marigold : p the flying green snakes were Flying Noisy Snakes :3
Umm... lost in translation I guess? I played on my country's server and while typing that list I didn't cross check with the domo wiki :p

HakiYuna
November 24th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Umm... lost in translation I guess? I played on my country's server and while typing that list I didn't cross check with the domo wiki :p

nothing with the wiki xD since i barely remember the names of those most killed mobs :3

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Stop telling the n00bs our secrets!
Bwuahahahah.....But ok.

One secret I will tell you is! Donate 1,000 gold to me. LOL
Prestige is getting in my head.

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 24th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Stop telling the n00bs our secrets!
Bwuahahahah.....But ok.

One secret I will tell you is! Donate 1,000 gold to me. LOL
Prestige is getting in my head.

The first few I put up I find really important, if people don't sell to NPCs, less gold will be pumped into the world, making the value of in game money not decrease as quickly. If people are all selling their materials, there will be more competition, and prices will be kept lower.

Also, cheap materials from players will make armor easier to get, as well as other stuff for alchemy, so people can get up in level faster.

LuLuNoir
November 24th, 2014, 05:32 PM
One other tip I can think of is collecting drops for the Elder quests.

Matchamatsu
November 24th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Sorry I cannot comply with the first point "NEVER sell materials to an NPC." you know how much time it would take me to stall and sell all that shiz? LOL

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Selling in a stall was a lot easier if you could leave your computer on and go do something else... Or in my case because of my timezone I could leave it on overnight while everyone else was still awake.
It's nice to wake up to money~

Matchamatsu
November 24th, 2014, 06:04 PM
No matter what I did my inventory would always get full of random stuff. I'd try to organize and have diff mules for selling/storing mats, but would still always end up selling a lot to npc in the end. My mailbox would be full of stuff sent back to me from mules hahaha I guess I'm just super lazy when it comes to organizing things on domo.

UmbyZero
November 24th, 2014, 06:28 PM

This comes into play during a life quest. I forget what job it is. I think it's shaman.

I wanted to mention something about leveling. There's a repeatable quest in Placid Plains where you kill Noddy Stones. If you have a ranged magic pet like Ruby, you can easily defeat the monsters while keeping your distance. The experience is really good, and requires minimal effort (good for leveling a job you suck with or don't like). Plus, you get lots of random items. In TW DOMO, people actually bot there.

I also wanted to mention something about the Confusion Dance quest. I played some TW DOMO and I was so upset when I got a recipe for the magical underwear instead of getting the actual costume. The ingredients you needed to make it were INSANE. It was like 50 of all the highest level stuff! I hope Subagames does it like Aeria did and just gives it to us.

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 24th, 2014, 06:52 PM
No matter what I did my inventory would always get full of random stuff. I'd try to organize and have diff mules for selling/storing mats, but would still always end up selling a lot to npc in the end. My mailbox would be full of stuff sent back to me from mules hahaha I guess I'm just super lazy when it comes to organizing things on domo.
Resist the temptation of clearing out your inventory, or you'll end up in poverty. Stalling is essential to making gold in DOMO.

Personally, I find stalling a good way to break up grinding, take time to sit down, read something in another tab, or just chat to your guild.

GameGrave
November 24th, 2014, 07:31 PM
"The entrance to this dungeon (commonly known as the Well) is located at X:116 Y:305 in Eversun City. You must complete the quest series given by Valencia at X:111 Y:296. If the leader of your team has completed the mission already, you will be able to follow this person in, but will still not be able to enter of your own accord."

Taken from the domo wiki, but this is definately where I'll be headed when I start. Great place to train before partying against Casks which will most likely be flooded with parties.

OmgZombieCharm
November 24th, 2014, 07:37 PM
You pros... Should make a Build wiki... :)

Xiaoming001
November 25th, 2014, 12:31 AM
i remember there is something unpopular with teacher and student system. can someone refresh me?

Miradora
November 25th, 2014, 12:39 AM
You need to carry a student registration card for each student you have until you graduate them, and your student also gets a card to carry.

The main problem is that a lot of the time your student quits the game before reaching level 20, and sometimes even if they reach 20 they may have tossed their own card, leaving you with the now-useless item that you can only throw away.

Xiaoming001
November 25th, 2014, 01:03 AM
is there any other way to store a bulk of your arrow, scroll, frog and bug?

DOMOAKFrost
November 25th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Besides from these?

http://i58.tinypic.com/wi0z7o.png

You get temp ones for participating in weddings.

Xiaoming001
November 25th, 2014, 01:33 AM
what are those?

Livipo
November 25th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Lifesavers is what they are.. :D

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 25th, 2014, 09:57 AM
what are those?

Magical Big Pack - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Magical_Big_Pack)

Packs are awesome, I mentioned one before, it's a reward in confusion dance, though it stores costumes and such.

Kitemay
November 25th, 2014, 11:25 AM
feel free to experiment with builds as you see fit, my builds took me years to make and use well.

PHILZEY
November 25th, 2014, 11:32 AM
I used to play domo, ran the main market for 2 years. everyone had fair prices, everyone could afford items, if they worked for it enough. we all got along great as a market community.

Zephrom
November 25th, 2014, 06:05 PM
I used to play domo, ran the main market for 2 years. everyone had fair prices, everyone could afford items, if they worked for it enough. we all got along great as a market community.

Was there any gold sellers controling the cash flow?

Matchamatsu
November 25th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Besides from these?

http://i58.tinypic.com/wi0z7o.png

You get temp ones for participating in weddings.

It's.....so........BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Carecrow
November 26th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Was there any gold sellers controling the cash flow?

There were gold sellers on Aeria initially, but wouldn't say they controlled the cash flow

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 26th, 2014, 12:57 AM
There were gold sellers on Aeria initially, but wouldn't say they controlled the cash flow

Yeah, I feel that the cash flow in DOMO is a lot more stable than most MMORPGs, due to the fact that it's mainly based on trading material drops rather than getting gold whenever you kill monsters.

PHILZEY
December 4th, 2014, 05:05 PM
the main thing that controlled cash items for in game currency, was that we had someone in charge, a fellow player, as directed by game masters, community leaders, and customer service reps (still gm's, just another hat to wear). as market managers, we kept pricing stable, and enforced general guidelines for all sellers. if you all recall it was a stall system, we didn't price anything above what you would pay for at an in game shop for most things. cash items had more leeway, but there was still a fair cap rate.

since we had such people in place, gold sellers were not able to effect pricing or rates.

DOMOAKFrost
December 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM
the main thing that controlled cash items for in game currency, was that we had someone in charge, a fellow player, as directed by game masters, community leaders, and customer service reps (still gm's, just another hat to wear). as market managers, we kept pricing stable, and enforced general guidelines for all sellers. if you all recall it was a stall system, we didn't price anything above what you would pay for at an in game shop for most things. cash items had more leeway, but there was still a fair cap rate.

since we had such people in place, gold sellers were not able to effect pricing or rates.

I don't remember this at all, were we playing the same game?

GraceySells
December 4th, 2014, 05:19 PM

Not once do I remember my stall having "general guidelines" to adhere to.

LuLuNoir
December 4th, 2014, 05:26 PM
By my recollection you needed cash shop items to increase drop rate to in turn sale drops to npcs for gold to make any reasonable profit to then use to buy cash shop items in game. This time around I forsee more ppl taking the middle man out of the equation and just buying straight from the cash shop. As long as the prices are reasonable of course. But I doubt the economy in this version will be the same as Aerias.

DOMOAKFrost
December 4th, 2014, 05:29 PM
By my recollection you needed cash shop items to increase drop rate to in turn sale drops to npcs for gold to make any reasonable profit to then use to buy cash shop items in game. This time around I forsee more ppl taking the middle man out of the equation and just buying straight from the cash shop. As long as the prices are reasonable of course. But I doubt the economy in this version will be the same as Aerias.

You didn't need a farm badge to make a minimum of 60k an hour farming drops and npcing them. Anything on top of that is just fluff.

LuLuNoir
December 4th, 2014, 05:33 PM
You didn't need a farm badge to make a minimum of 60k an hour farming drops and npcing them. Anything on top of that is just fluff.

I was making 200k an hour with the badge. Saved me time. And that in itself is worth my money plus I always just bought the 45-90 day badges with 100% boost to drop and exp. Plus with the money I was making I could then afford to buy big buddy badges in game. So it all worked out financially.

Gambachi
December 4th, 2014, 05:36 PM
My advice to new players, buy as much pink stuff as can lay hands on! Seriously though certain outfits used to sell for millions in AG DOMO later on so it's worth taking note of what fashion is trending at time. The original Punk, black kitty and mech costumes were a gold mine if had them.

LuLuNoir
December 4th, 2014, 05:40 PM
My advice to new players, buy as much pink stuff as can lay hands on! Seriously though certain outfits used to sell for millions in AG DOMO later on so it's worth taking note of what fashion is trending at time. The original Punk, black kitty and mech costumes were a gold mine if had them.

Lol that reminds me of my Totemic Mecha suit. It was kinda ugly but it was also kinda rare. Damn I miss that thing. @_@ I use to rock my Japanese lady wig with it and tank like a boss.

ChallengerAhri
December 4th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I'm new. Thanks for the help! o;

How the hell are you new LOL we played for years

Divini
December 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I decided I'm going to try this out at launch after finding out about the kickstarter. I've heard about the Aeria version in the past, but I've never touched this game before. (Probably the main draw is the class system, it just looks very unique and interesting.)

As a future complete newbie what class should I start out with? My preferences:

I don't mind at all enduring early level slowness for late game strength. In fact, I almost prefer it since it gives me extra motivation since it gives me a goal to work for.
For a first class, I don't like over-relying on consumables and the like (save healing and mana pots). I like to simply rely on the gear on my back and my weapon or spell on hand.
I like classes that have good potential to take down single, tough, elite mobs/bosses 1v1. Whether it be through kiting, tanking, or melee'ing while perfecting cooldowns, I LOVE the challenge and reward of doing so.
If the above isn't possible, my second choice would be to play a class that have a huge array of party support abilities. Healing is a bonus. As an example, I loved playing a FS priest on RO.
A style preference of mine (if I'm not playing a support class) is that I like playing a class that relies on a mixture of swordplay and offensive magic. The 'Magic Swordsman' archtype, I suppose. Not essential, but just something I enjoy.

Apologies if my list is rather wordy, but I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

Carecrow
December 7th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I decided I'm going to try this out at launch after finding out about the kickstarter. I've heard about the Aeria version in the past, but I've never touched this game before. (Probably the main draw is the class system, it just looks very unique and interesting.)

I don't mind at all enduring early level slowness for late game strength. In fact, I almost prefer it since it gives me extra motivation since it gives me a goal to work for.
For a first class, I don't like over-relying on consumables and the like (save healing and mana pots). I like to simply rely on the gear on my back and my weapon or spell on hand.
I like classes that have good potential to take down single, tough, elite mobs/bosses 1v1. Whether it be through kiting, tanking, or melee'ing while perfecting cooldowns, I LOVE the challenge and reward of doing so.
If the above isn't possible, my second choice would be to play a class that have a huge array of party support abilities. Healing is a bonus. As an example, I loved playing a FS priest on RO.
A style preference of mine (if I'm not playing a support class) is that I like playing a class that relies on a mixture of swordplay and offensive magic. The 'Magic Swordsman' archtype, I suppose. Not essential, but just something I enjoy.

Apologies if my list is rather wordy, but I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

Blademaster. Blademaster - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Blademaster)

Divini
December 7th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Blademaster. Blademaster - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Blademaster)

Thanks for the reply! I looked at the wiki and is the main reason because you have a huge array of debuffs to dish out which weakens whatever you're battling enough to out-duel it in a straight fight?

Mitzruti
December 7th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Blademaster are basically straight-up dps. the debuffs are neat, but secondary to their face-melting power. they are really tough to start out with due to being melee and relatively fragile - but they scale into high level content really, really well.

for some of your other points:
due to typically having to use cosumable items, sounds like you want to avoid: merchant(uses gold/ious), wizard(scolls), witchdoctor(all sorts of items to manage), the frog half of doctor, hunter(arrows), thief(ash + bolts)

blademasters will kill things the fastest. if you're not powered up enough to just faceroll it tho, MA/merc/thief handle getting punched in the face repeatedly a lot better due to massive HP/defense/evasion respectively. subbing doctor for self-healing tends to help a lot with soloing tough stuff - particularily the frog heals which are pretty much instant (but they do require you to drag around frogs).

Doctor and Musicians are the main party support classes - doctor being primarily brought for healing and muse more for mana recovery. both table a lot of buffs, but docs have to use frogs to use theirs. against tougher single enemies, dancer debuffs can make a big diffrence too.

Fencer is a straight up magic sword guy. they have a set of single target skills that do magic damage+self buff attack speed so you wind up doing a decent mix of phys+magic damage. they don't quite scale as well into high level content as blademasters do tho.

SirPwn
December 7th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Fencer is probably one of the easiest jobs to start out with. No consumables, not as squishy as most other jobs, and a wide variety of debuffs and selfbuffs. It even has skills for area of effect attacking on top of its single target arsenal. That said, while it's decent at a lot of things, even early on, the flip side is it doesn't really scale well into late-game.
For this reason, most people tend to level it solely for the area of effect attacks, so they can use those to level other jobs faster.

Kirbychu
December 7th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Please note the following are my opinions and recommendations for new players, and are not in any way the 100% right way to play DOMO. If you disagree with any of the following, you are entitled to do so as these are just opinions.

Generally for all new players I would recommend the following in terms of starting-out:
- Level Doctor to 33 for Inner Magic (leveling First Aid and Regeneration along the way).
- Level Mercenary to 30 for Equip Shield.
- Level Blademaster to 30 for Equip Light Armor.
- Choose which class you like best (there are plenty to choose from) and start leveling that while subbing the above equips/skills. NOTE: Hunter cannot use a shield while equipped with a bow.

The best/fastest/funnest way to level in DOMO is through AoE parties (AoE means Area of Effect for those completely new to MMO's - they are attacks that hit multiple enemies at the same time).

An AoE party needs the following:
- 1 Tank (Mercenary or fully subbed with Mercenary skills & equips - Heavy Armor minimum, Spear recommended)
- 1 Healer (Doctor or fully subbed with Doctor skills & equips - Syringe required)
- 1 Buffer (Musician or fully subbed with Musician skills & equips - Musical Instrument required)
- 1 Puller (any class is useable, though it is recommended you be non-squishy - Beginner Bow is also recommended)
- 2 DPS (Dancer, Fencer, Wizard, & Shaman are typical DPS as they have the most AoE's - a minimum of 3 high-damage-output AoE's are required to be a good DPS)

The following are considered Puller or Solo classes (unless subbed and statted to be a DPS/Tank/etc.):
- Hunter
- Thief
- Blademaster
- Martial Artist
- Merchant
- Witch Doctor (typically given Wizard AoE subs)
- Axe Mercenary (using an Axe & Shield instead of a Spear)

NOTE: With the exception of Witch Doctor and Merchant, the above classes are NOT recommended to be used as a Healer or Buffer in AoE parties. If they are statted to do either of those (i.e. full wisdom or mostly wisdom), you may still have a tough time performing those roles with these classes. These classes are recommended for pulling or soloing if left to their natural stat builds, and can be statted to fit into DPS or Tank roles as well without many issues.

Other Recommendations:
- Level Alchemy and gather recipes and materials to make your own armor rather than buying it from NPC's.
- Sell everything! You can NPC items or put up a stall in Eversun to sell to players for more profit. Either way, when you're first starting out it's good to just sell all your drops so you can start saving gold for things you want (e.g. costumes or pets).
- Get a ruby pet as soon as possible and level it. They are extremely good pets, but very squishy as they are caster pets.
- Level Musician and get pet heals. If you are planning on being a party muse, this may be skipped but I still recommend you get pet hp and mp heal skills to at least level 1. This will save you money as healing your pet at the Pet Shop costs gold.
- Make a mule to hold stuff for you (on another account if possible for easier trading, or use the mailbox). Once you get a good amount of gold, you can start saving your items instead of selling them all if you wish. Doing this takes up space though so it's good to have another character to hold it all for you.
- Join a guild - I cannot stress this enough. If you are completely anti-social, this game isn't for you. This is a social MMO by definition and joining a guild is really beneficial. It allows you to meet new people who share your interests, find other players to party and level with, and if you're new it gives you a friendly environment to learn the game and helpful people to answer all your questions.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it in another post.

SirPwn
December 7th, 2014, 04:58 PM
- Witch Doctor (typically given Wizard AoE subs)
[...]
NOTE: With the exception of Witch Doctor and Merchant, the above classes are NOT recommended to be used as a Healer or Buffer in AoE parties.
^ If I may ammend that slightly;

Contrary to popular beliefs, Witch Doctor is actually NOT a magical job. I know it has 'Doctor' in the name, but it is misleading. It scales best with physical attributes. Even if specced full wisdom, WDs will suffer from weak heals, small mana pool and poor mana regeneration. I would strongly recommend NOT going wisdom on your Witch Doctor. Instead, level it as you would a BM or Thief.

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 05:10 PM
^ If I may ammend that slightly;

Contrary to popular beliefs, Witch Doctor is actually NOT a magical job. I know it has 'Doctor' in the name, but it is misleading. It scales best with physical attributes. Even if specced full wisdom, WDs will suffer from weak heals, small mana pool and poor mana regeneration. I would strongly recommend NOT going wisdom on your Witch Doctor. Instead, level it as you would a BM or Thief.

Wisdom is still your main stat on witch doctor with 103 agi. Power isn't that much stronger to warrant losing matk, MP and MP regen over, especially if you use daggers because daggers don't give matk.

Divini
December 7th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Generally for all new players I would recommend the following in terms of starting-out:
- Level Doctor to 33 for Inner Magic (leveling First Aid and Regeneration along the way).
- Level Mercenary to 30 for Equip Shield.
- Level Blademaster to 30 for Equip Light Armor.
- Choose which class you like best (there are plenty to choose from) and start leveling that while subbing the above equips/skills. NOTE: Hunter cannot use a shield while equipped with a bow.

Would you recommend leveling them in that order? (Doctor -> Mercenary -> Blademaster)

Carecrow
December 7th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Would you recommend leveling them in that order? (Doctor -> Mercenary -> Blademaster)

Generally blademasters don't sub mercenary as an active skill slot, so you'd only need mercenary to level 30 if you require a shield.

If you don't intend to use healing items and want to solo, you should level doc alongside BM, and probably use witch doctor (blood curse poison), or hunter (hunter's instincts) as your other active sub.

OmgZombieCharm
December 7th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Blademaster are basically straight-up dps. the debuffs are neat, but secondary to their face-melting power. they are really tough to start out with due to being melee and relatively fragile - but they scale into high level content really, really well.

for some of your other points:
due to typically having to use cosumable items, sounds like you want to avoid: merchant(uses gold/ious), wizard(scolls), witchdoctor(all sorts of items to manage), the frog half of doctor, hunter(arrows), thief(ash + bolts)

blademasters will kill things the fastest. if you're not powered up enough to just faceroll it tho, MA/merc/thief handle getting punched in the face repeatedly a lot better due to massive HP/defense/evasion respectively. subbing doctor for self-healing tends to help a lot with soloing tough stuff - particularily the frog heals which are pretty much instant (but they do require you to drag around frogs).

Doctor and Musicians are the main party support classes - doctor being primarily brought for healing and muse more for mana recovery. both table a lot of buffs, but docs have to use frogs to use theirs. against tougher single enemies, dancer debuffs can make a big diffrence too.

Fencer is a straight up magic sword guy. they have a set of single target skills that do magic damage+self buff attack speed so you wind up doing a decent mix of phys+magic damage. they don't quite scale as well into high level content as blademasters do tho.

I've played with BM, and i have to say that really sucks to start with that job without any doc subb (FirstAid Mainly) so in order to play very well with BM you should start lvling a little bit with Doc (20/30 or so) That was you make sure cant die soloing.

I remember i manage to get -90% of xp (yes, MINUS)...

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I've played with BM, and i have to say that really sucks to start with that job without any doc subb (FirstAid Mainly) so in order to play very well with BM you should start lvling a little bit with Doc (20/30 or so) That was you make sure cant die soloing.

I remember i manage to get -90% of xp (yes, MINUS)...

you remembered wrong. Exp doesn't go lower than -50%.

Kirbychu
December 7th, 2014, 07:39 PM

I would definitely recommend Doctor first as having heals to sub on other jobs is a must if you plan to solo (and sometimes necessary in parties if the doc is struggling). If you don't plan to main on Doctor, 33 is a good stopping point as it gives you access to Inner Magic - which is a really helpful mp regen buff. At that level your First Aid and Regeneration will also be at decent levels (though not capped).

After that it's up to you. As you level Mercenary, you don't need Light Armor equip from Blademaster (as merc already has equips for that and Heavy Armor as well as many weapons), so going for shield next is not a bad idea, but not required by any means. Having a shield isn't OP or anything, but I find it useful for soloing and if I'm a DPS in a party (as I tend to pull aggro a lot). Leveling Blademaster for Light Armor also isn't required, but it is nice to have the extra defense for your magic classes (and Light Armor doesn't lower your magic attack like Heavy Armor does, so it's the best option for casters), and it also saves you money and bag space if all (or most) of your classes use the same armor type.

Really it's up to you what you want to level, but I definitely recommend Doctor even if it's not your main job.

Zoraidal
December 7th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Another helpful suggestion is to put the combo attack gems in the correct order to build the super combo for a stronger combo attack.

The gem color order is:

BYGR
RGYB (reverse order of BYGR)
GRBY
YBRG (reverse order of GRBY)

(B=Blue, Y=Yellow, G=Green, R=Red)

If you remember at least one of the color orders you can just reverse the order and you'll have 2 different order choices. Knowing the different orders is nice because then you can choose any color to start but it certainly isn't a requirement to know them all.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 7th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Another helpful suggestion is to put the combo attack gems in the correct order to build the super combo for a stronger combo attack.

The gem color order is:

BYGR
RGYB (reverse order of BYGR)
GRBY
YBRG (reverse order of GRBY)

(B=Blue, Y=Yellow, G=Green, R=Red)

If you remember at least one of the color orders you can just reverse the order and you'll have 2 different order choices. Knowing the different orders is nice because then you can choose any color to start but it certainly isn't a requirement to know them all.
If you remember at least one, you can also 'shift' it by 2 to get another one which isn't reverse, to know all four.
For instance, 'RGYBRGYB...'

LuLuNoir
December 7th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I say if you are going to buy anything from the cash in the first 2 months just buy badges. 2x exp babeh!

Kitemay
December 8th, 2014, 04:38 PM

my favorite kite build is doctor/shaman/ wizard my favorite team build is musician/ witch doctor / merchant. i'll leave it to you to pick your own skill builds for both, but i have my favorite way of using both builds, though i may make a few modifications this time through... i had a lot of time to think it over even more kekekeke.

Divini
December 8th, 2014, 06:58 PM
I would definitely recommend Doctor first as having heals to sub on other jobs is a must if you plan to solo (and sometimes necessary in parties if the doc is struggling). If you don't plan to main on Doctor, 33 is a good stopping point as it gives you access to Inner Magic - which is a really helpful mp regen buff. At that level your First Aid and Regeneration will also be at decent levels (though not capped).

Another question related to that. If you did go doctor first would you have to party all the time? Looked at the doctor's skill set and there's no real offensive skills at all.

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Another question related to that. If you did go doctor first would you have to party all the time? Looked at the doctor's skill set and there's no real offensive skills at all.

i leveled doctor with pet muse and dancer subs. Earlier I also did shaman and wizard.

Aidyl
December 8th, 2014, 07:33 PM

Adding onto Frost's response, since his method depended on having other classes to sub~~

Yes, if you level doctor absolutely first, you would either have to party or duo.. Or you'd have a really tough time.

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Adding onto Frost's response, since his method depended on having other classes to sub~~

Yes, if you level doctor absolutely first, you would either have to party or duo.. Or you'd have a really tough time.

or you can just syringe melee, plenty of people did that.

I leveled to 30 shaman without knowing what a sub is. Soloed LQ with pots and the food dropped by mobs. This game isn't so hard that you have to be crazy prepared to succeed.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 8th, 2014, 10:00 PM

I remember when I started way back when; mainly used thief and doctor, due to the fact that they work for most general classes. It was a nightmare. I tried getting as many recipes as I could, died a lot because I fought the female birds of paradise, who use magic, with my thief.
Solo thief, solo doctor. I barely got to 30 and stopped playing for a few years. But eventually I came back, then I was able to really get how the game worked, and learn how to make a good amount of gold to buy cash items without buying Aeria points.

Matchamatsu
December 8th, 2014, 10:42 PM
It is possible to solo any job. Just know that if you insist on soloing all jobs on this fresh server, it will require more time and effort to level up. (unless they throw in a nurse sara promo early in) highly unlikely.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 9th, 2014, 12:32 AM
It is possible to solo any job. Just know that if you insist on soloing all jobs on this fresh server, it will require more time and effort to level up. (unless they throw in a nurse sara promo early in) highly unlikely.
Soloing is actually fairly quick early on if you know where to grind *coughBigbeamcough*
Though yeah, around 30-40+ parties are definitely the way to go.

Carecrow
December 9th, 2014, 12:33 AM
45+ soloing/duoing is the way to go

Kirbychu
December 9th, 2014, 02:51 AM

I would say 50+ cuz at 45 you can still do foggy parties which are fun ^-^
After 50 though is when the soloing/duoing/trioing is pretty much the norm (though I have heard of people doing full parties in dden with a robed tank).

Matchamatsu
December 9th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Soloing is actually fairly quick early on if you know where to grind *coughBigbeamcough*
Though yeah, around 30-40+ parties are definitely the way to go.
Assuming you're talking about leveling on mushrooms/marigold with doc subs and without mods/sara/necks. They hit hard + debuff and your mana goes down quickly just from healing yourself constantly. You would have to stop and sit a lot to recover. Duo would be more efficient.

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Assuming you're talking about leveling on mushrooms/marigold with doc subs and without mods/sara/necks. They hit hard + debuff and your mana goes down quickly just from healing yourself constantly. You would have to stop and sit a lot to recover. Duo would be more efficient.

Don't know what this strange obsession with mushrooms is. Get a cat and you can rip fbops apart at that level fine without needing much preparation.

Dyyn
December 9th, 2014, 03:53 AM
I would say 50+ cuz at 45 you can still do foggy parties which are fun ^-^
After 50 though is when the soloing/duoing/trioing is pretty much the norm (though I have heard of people doing full parties in dden with a robed tank).

AOE parties in dden were fun and decent exp but probably not worth it for anyone but the AOEs.

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 03:57 AM
AOE parties in dden were fun and decent exp but probably not worth it for anyone but the AOEs.

It's pretty doable once softstar jammed like 150% more snakes there, assuming you actually have mercs with equip robes and dustpan.

Dyyn
December 9th, 2014, 04:14 AM
It's pretty doable once softstar jammed like 150% more snakes there, assuming you actually have mercs with equip robes and dustpan.

Do you think a Dancer with robes or dancewear and merc forms would be an effective tank there? I've never seen it, and I always assumed that the Dancer's lackluster HP gains were to blame.

Carecrow
December 9th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Do you think a Dancer with robes or dancewear and merc forms would be an effective tank there? I've never seen it, and I always assumed that the Dancer's lackluster HP gains were to blame.

Why would you want to tank on dancer?

KashyDragneel
December 9th, 2014, 04:27 AM
evasion tank :p works in lots of situations, not really great if your low enough lvl that you expect to be hit
Hunter or thief generally make better evasions tanks, dancer can be useful for mala mob tanking though, the aoe debuffs are hand in situations like this, but it is all very situational

Carecrow
December 9th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Why not just use mercenary as an evasion tank?

KashyDragneel
December 9th, 2014, 04:38 AM
random lol's, trying out other stuff, or maybe you just don't have a merc yet

Dyyn
December 9th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Why would you want to tank on dancer?

I'm not sure I'd want to; it's more of a curiosity as to whether or not it would be doable.

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 04:55 AM

it's much easier to push evade and mdef on merc than deal with the 20% longer CD on mock because of job proficiency.

You might be able to do okay as aoe, but without mock you aren't gonna hold aggro.

Carecrow
December 9th, 2014, 05:04 AM
I'm not sure I'd want to; it's more of a curiosity as to whether or not it would be doable.

It's possible to tank on anything, if you're just in it for the "random lol's"

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 05:11 AM
It's possible to tank on anything, if you're just in it for the "random lol's"

for various values of tank.

Some setups can survive but not hold aggro, so still worthless for leveling.

Carecrow
December 9th, 2014, 05:12 AM
for various values of tank.

Some setups can survive but not hold aggro, so still worthless for leveling.

any job + hp necklace + mock/windmill = tank

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 06:49 AM
I lvl doctor to be none group healer, I focus on frog skills.
Because frog skills makes a wonderful sub skill set. Not good at group healing, but great at solo healing and major incredible buffs.
Also with frog skills, you dont need the syringe to use them.

So thats some advice for noobs, also some other advice is pet muse skill sets.

You might not use it when lvling or fighting really, but everone should lvl a pet muse.
Because being able to support your pet equals to lvling it really fast.
So you can get it to max lvl really fast and have multy max lvl pets.

NotHereCantDelete
December 9th, 2014, 07:55 AM
I'm fairly sure a lot of the frog skills did need syringe, the healing frogs legs soup (gross) didn't but a lot of the buffs did.
I've always been a fan of pet muse 'cos it doesn't have a weapon requirement, and pets can be very useful in helping you level, especially as you could pick a pet to better suit your needs (though most just go ruby), but if you just wanted your pet to level fast you'd be better off plonking it down somewhere safe and using a fast killer like the dreaded BM (no offence to BMs, I've just never been a fan lol)

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I'm fairly sure a lot of the frog skills did need syringe, the healing frogs legs soup (gross) didn't but a lot of the buffs did.
I've always been a fan of pet muse 'cos it doesn't have a weapon requirement, and pets can be very useful in helping you level, especially as you could pick a pet to better suit your needs (though most just go ruby), but if you just wanted your pet to level fast you'd be better off plonking it down somewhere safe and using a fast killer like the dreaded BM (no offence to BMs, I've just never been a fan lol)

Nope, frog skills did not. I know because I used them all the time. You thinking about the other set of skills, the medic skills. Buff from there needed the syringe.

Second I raise pets for money and my pet muse set up, I could lvl a pet from lvl 40-60 in about 1-2hrs.
So they might be better ways, but my way was pretty damn nice.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 9th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Nope, frog skills did not. I know because I used them all the time. You thinking about the other set of skills, the medic skills. Buff from there needed the syringe.

Second I raise pets for money and my pet muse set up, I could lvl a pet from lvl 40-60 in about 1-2hrs.
So they might be better ways, but my way was pretty damn nice.

Croakus Pocus - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Croakus_Pocus)
Frog skills are mostly buffs, regen, inner magic, and detox are the only ones from the medical treatment side, and only detox needs a syringe.
Prolong life and magic boost are the only buffs from frog skills which don't need a syringe.

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Croakus Pocus - Domo Wiki, the Dream of Mirror Online wiki - Jobs, areas, bestiary, and more (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Croakus_Pocus)
Frog skills are mostly buffs, regen, inner magic, and detox are the only ones from the medical treatment side, and only detox needs a syringe.
Prolong life and magic boost are the only buffs from frog skills which don't need a syringe.

Okay seem, my memory is failing me badly.....

SirPwn
December 9th, 2014, 10:34 AM

46+
At 45 you still get a huge exp penalty against FNS. :P

Personally I find 43/4ish to 46 the most tedious grind pre-60, as far as soloing is concerned. High enough for Fugi exp to be absolutely worthless, low enough for Minos/Jumboas to still hit you really, really hard... Actually, I always find myself similarly stuck in limbo between 34 and 36ish, with no real decent solo mobs between shrooms (32) and fugis (42). But maybe I just never explored my options well enough. >.<

Carecrow
December 9th, 2014, 01:10 PM
46+

Personally I find 43/4ish to 46 the most tedious grind pre-60, as far as soloing is concerned. High enough for Fugi exp to be absolutely worthless, low enough for Minos/Jumboas to still hit you really, really hard... Actually, I always find myself similarly stuck in limbo between 34 and 36ish, with no real decent solo mobs between shrooms (32) and fugis (42). But maybe I just never explored my options well enough. >.<

There's other stuff to level at in DDen, but it's also efficient to stay in Foggy if you can aoe one of the larger spawns.

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 01:26 PM
46+

no such thing as a low level exp penalty. You actually get more exp. This is one of those ancient myths that never seems to go away.

The reason exp rate is usually lower is because of the damage penalty, so you kill a lot slower.

SirPwn
December 9th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I always believed the exp buff for fighting things stronger than yourself works up to a 9 level gap. Then at 10+ gap you no longer get it (much like exp share between party). My reason; I went to slap FNS on a lvl 45 bm once, duoing with a lvl 50, doing damage not much below my own 50+ jobs and still taking like way longer to level. I can't remember the exact numbers but I do believe I gained the same or LESS exp per snake at 45 than I did at 55. Which is weird, especially if I should be getting a bonus.

neo007dm
December 9th, 2014, 05:45 PM
More and more people playing the better.

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I always believed the exp buff for fighting things stronger than yourself works up to a 9 level gap. Then at 10+ gap you no longer get it (much like exp share between party). My reason; I went to slap FNS on a lvl 45 bm once, duoing with a lvl 50, doing damage not much below my own 50+ jobs and still taking like way longer to level. I can't remember the exact numbers but I do believe I gained the same or LESS exp per snake at 45 than I did at 55. Which is weird, especially if I should be getting a bonus.

your friend was eating more exp. If you solo there's no difference.

ElectyDaltic
December 9th, 2014, 08:18 PM
So my memory is a little fuzzy on some details I'm mentioning.

-This game allows you to easily try different classes briefly
1) All classes are pretty easy to obtain from the moment you get lv 10 (with the exception of merchant/witch doctor, but even those are pretty easy).
2) There was an npc that gave you an exp ring until you got a job over 20 I think it was (think it was a 20% ring that lasted 2hours?..might have been till a job was over 15)
3) You can reset your stat/skill points on a job until it is lv 15 (or was it up to lv 15)

-DOMO is a grind focus game. In which it has done an excellent job (you're not killing for hours for just exp and a rare chance for a decent drop).
1) Every drop is useful, with the exception of the gold vouchers (I mean come on.. who wants to go to the npc just to exchange it for money, rather get another drop) and onyx's early on (and some later [unless am forgetting something else]).
2) There are some quests, but generally aren't efficient for exp. On most maps (almost all if not all) there is a npc that'll have 3 quests. Doing those 3 unlocks a 4th which finishing that 1 will give you the map title.
3) There are also title for killing the Xth monster since last reset (for every map? maybe some didn't have it). Two types, one is a specific monster while the other is map specific.
4) Respawn rates never felt poor, until 50+ if it is too crowded.

You get one of the best emotes if you die 200 times ;p
Well, time to find out how poor my memory is :D

Matchamatsu
December 9th, 2014, 08:33 PM
I would also like to add the *Witch Doctor lvl 20 life quest* is the most fun you will ever have.

PHILZEY
December 16th, 2014, 12:15 AM
maaan how many times did i waste that man eating spider, sold jellies like a candy store, and took on guild jobs by the tons, especially recruiting events at the platform.

TheRealTangerine
December 16th, 2014, 06:53 AM
My only advice is hoard any consumable that drops, for when you eventually play that job :D

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I actually made like a Dungeon Guide (https://prezi.com/gtxf8fuixnol/domo-leveling/) with Dungeon Maps (https://prezi.com/evn4qrs_9xmi/domo-dungeons-maps-levels-mobbing-areas/).
Lol It's based on team-based leveling for players. Guess I'll post it here then since it falls under the category of advice :P.
Lemme know if you guys see anything wrong, I'll edit it. [Also, help me figure out the Foggy pulling arrows.. LOL I don't remember 2way. Also, that map was hard to mark... q-q It didn't have the same design layout as the other ones.]

(As mentioned in the links, the levels are suggestions-- especially as tanks -- so please don't hate on me with them LOL) c:

Dyyn
December 16th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I actually made like a Dungeon Guide (https://prezi.com/gtxf8fuixnol/domo-leveling/) with Dungeon Maps (https://prezi.com/evn4qrs_9xmi/domo-dungeons-maps-levels-mobbing-areas/).
Lol It's based on team-based leveling for players. Guess I'll post it here then since it falls under the category of advice :P.
Lemme know if you guys see anything wrong, I'll edit it. [Also, help me figure out the Foggy pulling arrows.. LOL I don't remember 2way. Also, that map was hard to mark... q-q It didn't have the same design layout as the other ones.]

(As mentioned in the links, the levels are suggestions-- especially as tanks -- so please don't hate on me with them LOL) c:

An alternative leveling guide: Sub pet muse on classes with a decent MP pool, sub BM on physical classes /gg

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 05:43 PM

that's because a former DOMO GS drew the dungeon maps by painstakingly noting every nook and cranny, whereas foggy as an overworld map is using SS's default map, which allows the foliage to obscure the terrain.

LuLuNoir
December 16th, 2014, 06:31 PM

Oooh great job, very informative. Bookmarken for further reference, thanks for sharing.

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 07:27 PM
An alternative leveling guide: Sub pet muse on classes with a decent MP pool, sub BM on physical classes /gg

I didn't put subs or job builds into this lol. I figure that can be put into another thread (which I believe it already has c: ) but also, pet muse isn't for teaming xD so I wouldn't have put it anyway. But good idea lol

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Oooh great job, very informative. Bookmarken for further reference, thanks for sharing.

No problem! Lol, just glad people looked at it :D
--- I tend to make guides and such when I'm bored :c

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 07:30 PM
that's because a former DOMO GS drew the dungeon maps by painstakingly noting every nook and cranny, whereas foggy as an overworld map is using SS's default map, which allows the foliage to obscure the terrain.

I noticed. :c I only wish Foggy had the amazingly detailed map. I feel like it can be confusing for players too. All those portals. @.@

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 08:21 PM
I noticed. :c I only wish Foggy had the amazingly detailed map. I feel like it can be confusing for players too. All those portals. @.@

I'll let her know.

Kitababie
December 16th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I'll let her know.

Also, I would like to add her name to give her credit for the map designs. What was her GS name? o: (if that's okay -- if she doesn't want to be known its okay too lol)

DOMOAKFrost
December 16th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Also, I would like to add her name to give her credit for the map designs. What was her GS name? o: (if that's okay -- if she doesn't want to be known its okay too lol)

She went by thefauxwithin/BaiHua

Miradora
December 16th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I have a backup of her original dungeon maps post here (http://domo.lotusgoddess.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25), which also has some other info relating to the maps and additional credits and acknowledgements. Some of the original image links do seem to be broken, so it's a good thing they were uploaded to the wiki. The Darkdale Tunnel map may have been lost to the ages, though, as it doesn't seem to be on either.

Kitababie
December 17th, 2014, 01:01 AM
She went by thefauxwithin/BaiHua
Thanks, I'll update it~

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 17th, 2014, 06:18 AM
No mention of bigbeam in your guide?
You know that's the fastest way to get through lower levels, right? Man-eating marigolds (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Man-Eating_Marigold) are high risk/reward, they are about level 24, and you can start killing them quite early, if you have some way of kiting or tanking them.
I was thinking of just going at them at level 10 with a shaman and seeing where it goes.

TheRealTangerine
December 17th, 2014, 07:07 AM
You know that's the fastest way to get through lower levels, right? Man-eating marigolds (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Man-Eating_Marigold) are high risk/reward, they are about level 24, and you can start killing them quite early, if you have some way of kiting or tanking them.
I was thinking of just going at them at level 10 with a shaman and seeing where it goes.

Depends on if we have Bigbeam from the get go.

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 08:00 AM

Isn't there a 10 level limit for EXP? Or is that just parties

Dyyn
December 17th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Isn't there a 10 level limit for EXP? Or is that just parties

The ten level limit applies to EXP share among teammates.

EnochP
December 17th, 2014, 11:19 AM
The ten level limit applies to EXP share among teammates.

Fair enough. I never really solo'd

Kitababie
December 17th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Lol. If they're level 24, then they're better for lv 2x (and probably soloing). As I said, my guide is for team-based leveling. c: But good advice for those who solo.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 17th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Lol. If they're level 24, then they're better for lv 2x (and probably soloing). As I said, my guide is for team-based leveling. c: But good advice for those who solo.

I remember grinding marigolds at least at level 16 or so, though I had higher level thief buffs to help.
Still, I think it's possible, probably.

Kitababie
December 17th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I remember grinding marigolds at least at level 16 or so, though I had higher level thief buffs to help.

I don't think they'd be suitable at that level for people who are just starting off. Besides, no one teams them. And, as you said, they're risky xD. I'm sure you can solo them if you have the proper subs and experience as a player. But again, that wouldn't fit the style of the guide I built. c:

Kitababie
December 17th, 2014, 09:46 PM
If I had more experience as a soloer, instead of teamer, maybe I could make a solo guide LOL. But I'm ignorant in that department c:

DOMOAKFrost
December 17th, 2014, 09:57 PM

I've killed them at level 10.

Took forever, though.

FireaArt
December 18th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Is the limit for pet and player sharing exp 10 levels?

MinatoU
December 18th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Is the limit for pet and player sharing exp 10 levels?

5 levels is the gap for a pet giving you exp from monsters

Kitababie
December 18th, 2014, 12:51 PM
5 levels is the gap for a pet giving you exp from monsters

^ Yup c: Shame it's not 10 like people. xD

RoyalDark
December 22nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
When I first started playing DOMO years and years ago I found it hard to play even when I'd go looking up info online and all but one thing did help me alot when I finally did it and so my advice to players who are new to DOMO is to be sociable, get out there and talk to people ;-) Make a few friends and maybe join a guild, find a training partner, discover new things with new friends and overall its a great way to enjoy the game. If someone has said something similar then that's cool too if not then hoped I'd given you things to think about and all that you can get out of by making friends in game, Good luck and have many wonderful adventures. :XD:

Dyyn
December 22nd, 2014, 04:05 PM
When I first started playing DOMO years and years ago I found it hard to play even when I'd go looking up info online and all but one thing did help me alot when I finally did it and so my advice to players who are new to DOMO is to be sociable, get out there and talk to people ;-) Make a few friends and maybe join a guild, find a training partner, discover new things with new friends and overall its a great way to enjoy the game. If someone has said something similar then that's cool too if not then hoped I'd given you things to think about and all that you can get out of by making friends in game, Good luck and have many wonderful adventures. :XD:

wow great advice :XD: :XD: :XD:

Kitababie
December 22nd, 2014, 04:11 PM

Lol Yes! DoMO has an amazingly friendly community. So to all new players out there: GO TALK TO STRANGERS 8D (ig)

(Disclaimer: I do NOT take responsibility for anything that occurs from talking to RL strangers 3: )

Matchamatsu
December 22nd, 2014, 04:25 PM
Don't get into domo relationships, if you notice yourself slipping...step away from the computer.

LMini
December 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM
Learn to golddig. Makes domo that much easier:lol:

Oxycore
December 22nd, 2014, 09:51 PM
convicted felon, rekt

I'm sorry, but...

Forum ban circumvention
If you are banned from the forums, under no circumstances are you allowed to use an alternative account to access the forums to avoid your current forum ban. Said account will be permanently banned.

The current ban on your main forum account is only for 24 hours.

Read the numerous warnings you got prior to the infraction from Pepsimancer.

Welcome back my love. Where is your siggy?

The signature was what was getting "your love" in trouble.

Carecrow
December 22nd, 2014, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry, but...

The current ban on your main forum account is only for 24 hours.

Read the numerous warnings you got prior to the infraction from Pepsimancer.

The signature was what was getting "your love" in trouble.

"Bans and support tickets will not be discussed openly on the forums."

So which rules do we have to adhere to?

GraceySells
December 23rd, 2014, 01:29 AM
Guys, I know you're all antsy about the return of DOMO, but please try to remain on topic. Thank you.

EnochP
December 23rd, 2014, 07:29 AM
Don't get into domo relationships, if you notice yourself slipping...step away from the computer.

Most important advice so far

Kitababie
December 23rd, 2014, 11:13 AM

Lol. It's all fair in love and war~ Sometimes you gotta get hurt to learn :P

DOMOAKFrost
December 23rd, 2014, 12:56 PM

but those relationship skills...

Matchamatsu
December 23rd, 2014, 01:20 PM
but those relationship skills...
I apologize for my noob advice.
Get as many lovers/friends with benefits in game as you can. Take full advantage of those relationship skills!

EnochP
December 24th, 2014, 05:29 AM
I apologize for my noob advice.
Get as many lovers/friends with benefits in game as you can. Take full advantage of those relationship skills!

I for one am excited for my DOMO Harem

Yurimidomo
December 24th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Whenever I used to solo as a hunter or level with teams the biggest help I would recommend is getting a scapegoat doll. If you can afford it they are great to have in case of emergencies. A lot of the players will probably sell them in their stands pretty affordable. There will definitely be times when you're leveling and one of your members leaves without telling you or they'll freeze and get booted from the game and you're basically left to fend for yourself or run for your life xD so if you don't have a super strong pet to defend you or you're not strong enough to fight off the monsters the scapegoat doll is a definite necessity.

Kitababie
December 24th, 2014, 10:52 PM
One thing that wasn't mentioned is that your race (slyph, shura, sprite, human) does NOT affect your jobs in any way. (Aside from how you look while casting some skills, all jobs and skills are available to EVERY race.)
It's annoying how some games have locks on jobs/classes based on race or gender lol. Thank god DoMO doesn't have that.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 28th, 2014, 10:09 AM
One thing that wasn't mentioned is that your race (slyph, shura, sprite, human) does NOT affect your jobs in any way. (Aside from how you look while casting some skills, all jobs and skills are available to EVERY race.)
It's annoying how some games have locks on jobs/classes based on race or gender lol. Thank god DoMO doesn't have that.

Wrong. (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Necklace_of_Shura)
There is a necklace for each race that affects stats.

DOMOAKFrost
December 28th, 2014, 02:54 PM

that and as mentioned, sprites have 1 more MSPD and shura 1 less naturally.

Gambachi
December 28th, 2014, 06:13 PM
But also as mentioned there are jobs necklaces as well that are on par if not better in some cases than the race specific ones as well. So you don't need to worry too much about what race you choose and MSPD isn't anything too major is it? I know some of the in-game events require some flying but does it give Sprites that much of an advantage and Shura's a disadvantage?

Kitababie
December 28th, 2014, 06:47 PM

That's an equitable item. I said the race does not affect your job, like which one you can be. So for example, shuras aren't limited to only BM, Merc, fencer, etc.

Kitababie
December 28th, 2014, 06:48 PM

I thought we already agreed that there was not enough of a different to even matter?

Zephrom
December 28th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I thought we already agreed that there was not enough of a different to even matter?

Only in Panic mode it would Slightly matter. When yelling at the computer screen telling your char to run faster from a horde of mobs; that or pvp arena of chasing some1 down.

(Assuming you did play -1, 0 ,+1 speed type of races)

DOMOAKFrost
December 28th, 2014, 08:07 PM

It might not be enough to convince me to roll sprite, but it sure as hell is a mechanical difference and thus invalidates "does NOT affect your jobs in any way."

You shouldn't make an absolute statement if you know there's small counterexamples.

EnochP
December 29th, 2014, 07:38 AM

What? really?

What's that a difference of, 1%? or 10%?

Oxycore
December 29th, 2014, 11:11 AM
What? really?

~1-2%​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Flying#Speed)

Kitababie
December 29th, 2014, 01:22 PM
It might not be enough to convince me to roll sprite, but it sure as hell is a mechanical difference and thus invalidates "does NOT affect your jobs in any way."

You shouldn't make an absolute statement if you know there's small counterexamples.

Lol because a 1-2% movement speed is significant to affect your ability to play your job? "Oh no, I'm a shura and therefore I can't pull ~ BooHoo." No. It does not affect your job enough for race to matter.

Kitababie
December 29th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Only in Panic mode it would Slightly matter. When yelling at the computer screen telling your char to run faster from a horde of mobs; that or pvp arena of chasing some1 down.

(Assuming you did play -1, 0 ,+1 speed type of races)
LOOOL <3 Panic Mode~

Kitababie
December 29th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Just to clarify, my original post has been taken so out of context that I had to reread it. The point was that the jobs are not race-locked.
The End.

DOMOAKFrost
December 29th, 2014, 02:10 PM
What? really?

around 5% actually.

DOMOAKFrost
December 29th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Lol because a 1-2% movement speed is significant to affect your ability to play your job? "Oh no, I'm a shura and therefore I can't pull ~ BooHoo." No. It does not affect your job enough for race to matter.

then say "the jobs are not locked" instead of "no difference at all".

Kitababie
December 29th, 2014, 06:11 PM
then say "the jobs are not locked" instead of "no difference at all".

Couldn't think of the term and I thought my description (after multple replies to people) was enough. Guess I had to spell it out for those who are --- nvm you get the point now. So whatever. :D

DOMOAKFrost
December 29th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Couldn't think of the term and I thought my description (after multple replies to people) was enough. Guess I had to spell it out for those who are --- nvm you get the point now. So whatever. :D

because saying "I misspoke" is so much harder than "your counterexample doesn't matter"

5% difference (in the case of shura vs sprite, 10%) in movement speed is not trivial. It won't make or break your game, but it certainly makes kiting on a shura a lot more annoying.

Kitababie
December 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM
because saying "I misspoke" is so much harder than "your counterexample doesn't matter"

5% difference (in the case of shura vs sprite, 10%) in movement speed is not trivial. It won't make or break your game, but it certainly makes kiting on a shura a lot more annoying.

I didn't misspeak. You apparently just didn't understand my concept. And I'm done talking about this as it has veered too far away from the original posting topic. :) Have a nice day.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 31st, 2014, 12:07 AM
More advise for new players:
When choosing the first class to play, consider some of this:
Thief has some of the best skills for generally undecided players, for any future class you decide to play, something from the skills should help you. This includes pilfer, which is needed for crafting recipes, but be warned: don't go on thief to pilfer magic creatures unless you can equip robes; they will murder you. (I'm looking at you, Female Bird of Paradise with the dagger recipe (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Female_Bird_of_Paradise)....)

Mercenary can use weapons from the thief, blademaster, or fencer, and therefor use the skills too. It can also equip light armor naturally, it's a great class to play if you're undecided on specifics, but are more melee-focused.

If you choose to play a shaman or a wizard, avoid the skills that require no weapons on both of them, so you have as many powerful wand skills as possible in your arsenal of magic. Especially for wizard skills using scrolls, consumables might look like they'll cost a lot in the long run, but they are worth every penny. If you ever need to pinch pennies or handle when you're out of scrolls, keeping the shaman aoes open is good as well. Also, if you get the wand equip skill, doing this will help you a lot in raising other classes, if not, at least witch doctor benefits.

Class Combinations:
Here are some of the combinations I found to be useful in DOMO

Thief + Dancer: This isn't about skills, but passives for armor equips, the dancer armor gives attack speed on hands and feet, while clothes give attack speed on body and legs, this makes for a very good combination if you want to maximize attack speed, or use hunter's attack buff.

Thief + Hunter/Blademaster: This is pretty good because it can work with pretty much any choice of skills, if you are a bow focused hunter, thief has great proficiency in using a bow, and little attack skills that use his own weapon. Otherwise, the buffs from hunter can help thief in fighting without the use of any skills, purely using attack speed and power to take down enemies. Blademaster is pretty much the same thing, just with buffs or saber skills, though the buffs don't meld well with hunter's buffs.

Wizard + Shaman: Shared equipment, including weapon, and both have aoe skills. I seriously considered writing 'DUH' instead of any information, as this combo is obvious, simple, and extremely effective.

Mercenary + Blademaster/Fencer/Thief: As stated above, the ability to equip other class equipment from the start is great. Utilizing this will help you save a ton of inventory, which is really important when starting out, as it will get out of control if you have 3 different armor sets and several weapons of different levels.

Magic classes/Anything really + Thief: Thief has control breathing, which helps you regen a lot of mana instantly. Also rhythm of life, to a lesser extent, but still good. A lot of the magic regen skills are over time, rather than instant, this makes the skill alone worthwhile to have the skill slot on. Though it comes with fighting foresight and premonition as well, which are good when you need a little survivability. This is why I was saying before that it works well for any future classes, though, these 4 skills are in a skill slot separate from several other useful skills, such as the move speed buff, pilfer, play dead(life saver), hypnosis, and a pretty good accuracy debuff.

Dancer and Witch Doctor also have pretty good skills for other classes in general, but I don't really remember much about playing them and using other skills. Musician doesn't combo well with pretty much anything, since if you're in a party, you'll be continuously using all of your skills to keep your party buffed. Merchant doesn't have many useful skills, aside from the upgrades to stalls and getting a luck bonus for having an abacus equipped, it doesn't have much use. Though, if you're very wealthy, feel free to throw out all your cash by assaulting the peasantry with your fortune.

Kitababie
January 3rd, 2015, 12:14 PM
More advise for new players...

^ That essay though...
Btw, it sounds like you rely a lot on thief o:

Kazaaakplethkilik
January 5th, 2015, 11:25 AM
^ That essay though...
Btw, it sounds like you rely a lot on thief o:

Yeah, when I first played I leveled thief first, and I noticed it had a lot of skills that work toward any other class you want to be. Especially pilfer, if you craft your own stuff, it's essential to get thief up.
This time around I'll probably level something else though, since thief is a little weak on its own attacking skills compared to other classes. Then, when I do go thief, I'll use another class's weapon, since dagger-related skills are few and not really essential to play the class.

I'm probably going to go blademaster and martial artist, since I like melee fighting.

Kitababie
January 5th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Yeah, when I first played I leveled thief first, and I noticed it had a lot of skills that work toward any other class you want to be. Especially pilfer, if you craft your own stuff, it's essential to get thief up.
This time around I'll probably level something else though, since thief is a little weak on its own attacking skills compared to other classes. Then, when I do go thief, I'll use another class's weapon, since dagger-related skills are few and not really essential to play the class.

I'm probably going to go blademaster and martial artist, since I like melee fighting.
I never really enjoyed playing thief because I didn't use alchemy and I didn't really see the point of their skills (except some of their buffs). Lol. They weren't very strong either. So the only thing I did on it was pull for ptys. xD
And lol gl with whatever job you choose. :9

Kazaaakplethkilik
January 5th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I never really enjoyed playing thief because I didn't use alchemy and I didn't really see the point of their skills (except some of their buffs). Lol. They weren't very strong either. So the only thing I did on it was pull for ptys. xD
And lol gl with whatever job you choose. :9

Here are the useful skills of thief: premonition and fighting foresight, these give evasion, so if you have a low level class, you can be immortal temporarily, and if you have a higher level class, you get a little more survivability.
Control breathing: While it's not a big amount of mp at first, you can basically use this to recover like, half your mp on any magic class instantly if it's higher level. Rhythm of life is also a good secondary mp boost skill.
Those skills are on the same slot, and they're useful on any class.
In the other slot, we have some more useful ones in
fast getaway/run amok, who the hell doesn't like a speed buff?
pilfer/pillage: recipes for alchemy, though pillage needs the dagger
play dead: GODSEND when a tank dies or you have too many mobs following you.
hypnosis: pvp. or emergencies against powerful singular mobs, like marigolds.
ash spray: an accuracy debuff, though honestly I didn't use it much.
Best thing about all of these skills(except pillage) is that you don't need a dagger to use them. That means you can use these skills as soon as you get them, rather than waiting till you're 30 for the weapon equip, which means you can use them to help your other low level classes when you're still a low level thief, even if you choose not to play thief anymore, going it in the start will help you.

Though, considering what you were saying, there are downsides to not having many offensive skills, but you don't have to be restricted to pulling, a thief could use fencer skills to aoe and do fine.

Kusemono1
January 6th, 2015, 12:21 AM

But... Sylph is the master race. How can the filfy land dwellers beat us in speed? Also does it change if you change your race with items? or do you keep your original race's ms?

Miradora
January 6th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Also does it change if you change your race with items? or do you keep your original race's ms?

Even if you race trans, it stays the speed of your original race (tested by checking flight speed).

Kitababie
January 6th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Though, considering what you were saying, there are downsides to not having many offensive skills, but you don't have to be restricted to pulling, a thief could use fencer skills to aoe and do fine.

Prem, FF, CB, RoL, Fast Getaway, and Run amok I got. Along with play dead. Hypnosis and ash spray I didn't bother getting. I ended up putting points in pilfer/pillage towards the end of my DoMO career because I was bored and started collecting recipes LOL. And yeah, I just feel like its meant to be a self-buff class lol. I think I did end up AoEing on it in Foggy a few times, but it's buffs were better for my pulling style and with the weak mdmg, the other AoE pulled aggro anyway. xD So those evasion buffs were just chillin there. :9 But I mean, you are right, people can easily AoE or pull on theif - it doesn't have to be restricted to pure puller like I was. x3