PDA

View Full Version : question about sub class

Savven
November 24th, 2014, 05:01 PM
OK so i have never really played domo as much and id like to know. for sub classes can you switch them anytime? like hunter/thief you can switch thief to anything else randomly if you wanna level something? o-o not sure if anyone understands xD

KratosDOT
November 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Exactly, any main class and two skill trees at a time. meaning you can be playing a blademaster, but you can have one of the hunter skill trees subbed, and one of the thief skill trees subbed, or two hunter skill trees.

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Yes, any job that you've gotten from doing the short prerequisite quest, you can then switch to via an npc, so you'll need to be in town to do it, I forget the guys name...

But yeah, you can change your main class and subs to whatever you want, whenever you want. Be a thief/dancer or a dancer/merc - this is why I loved Domo for so long, not many games allow this versatility~

Azullama
November 24th, 2014, 05:16 PM
OK so i have never really played domo as much and id like to know. for sub classes can you switch them anytime? like hunter/thief you can switch thief to anything else randomly if you wanna level something? o-o not sure if anyone understands xD

Switch them right on the spot? No, "In order to sub them, you need to talk to the Naturally-Gifted Man, if you have not already done it upon changing jobs with the Careers Adviser."

Savven
November 24th, 2014, 05:57 PM
oh wow that's awesome o-o

Summerstream
November 24th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Yes, any job that you've gotten from doing the short prerequisite quest, you can then switch to via an npc, so you'll need to be in town to do it, I forget the guys name...

But yeah, you can change your main class and subs to whatever you want, whenever you want. Be a thief/dancer or a dancer/merc - this is why I loved Domo for so long, not many games allow this versatility~

Its the Career Advisor. The Naturally Gifted Man does resets, job extends and something else that slips my mind.

NotHereCantDelete
November 24th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Ahhh thank you lol, I'm terrible with names.

UmbyZero
November 24th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Keep in mind that jobs have affinities toward each other. For instance, if you are a Wizard, then subbing Blademaster skills will be less effective with longer cooldowns. However, as a Fencer it would be the same as if you were actually a Blademaster. The jobs go in groups:

1. Blademaster, Fencer, Mercenary
2. Martial Artist, Hunter, Theif, Merchant
3. Shaman, Wizard, Witchdoctor
4. Doctor, Musician, Dancer

So if it's in the same group, then the effect and cooldown of skills is the same. The further you stray from the group, the worse it gets.
The most extreme example is mixing groups 1 and 4 which would lower skill effect to 80% and increase cooldowns to 120%. Even so, combining jobs from different groups can be very effective depending on your play style and how you use the skills in combination. Don't ever hesitate to add doctor or pet muse to any job combo, as they are probably the two most important jobs in the game.

Superstarstrike
November 24th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Keep in mind that jobs have affinities toward each other. For instance, if you are a Wizard, then subbing Blademaster skills will be less effective with longer cooldowns. However, as a Fencer it would be the same as if you were actually a Blademaster. The jobs go in groups:

1. Blademaster, Fencer, Mercenary
2. Martial Artist, Hunter, Theif, Merchant
3. Shaman, Wizard, Witchdoctor
4. Doctor, Musician, Dancer

So if it's in the same group, then the effect and cooldown of skills is the same. The further you stray from the group, the worse it gets.
The most extreme example is mixing groups 1 and 4 which would lower skill effect to 80% and increase cooldowns to 120%. Even so, combining jobs from different groups can be very effective depending on your play style and how you use the skills in combination. Don't ever hesitate to add doctor or pet muse to any job combo, as they are probably the two most important jobs in the game.

In addition, classes are have a proficiency with weapons, meaning some classes are better with certain weapons equipped than others. For example, Wizards are 100% proficient with Wands, since that is their natural weapon. However, when you get the ability to sub weapons from other classes, you may find that Wizards are terrible at using weapons like Swords and Knives, but are decent enough with weapons like Fans and Syringes.

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 24th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Basically:
You have a character or 2.
Each character can unlock every single class
Each class has skill slots which divide the skills into categories.
Every class except for commoner has its own 2 skill slots, and 2 blank skill slots, along with 1 passive skill slot of their own skills, and 2 passive slots for other skills.
The Commoner is special, it has 3 skill slots, as it has none of its own. The commoner passive includes skills for alchemy(crafting) and material collection skills(lumberjack, mining, etc., needed for armor and such)
The blank skill slots can be filled in with whatever you want to pick. Such as, doctor healing skills on a solo thief, however, most of the good skills have restrictions because you need the correct weapon to use them, such as the revive skill.
Commonly, passives include a proficiency skill and an equip skill, you do not want to put points in the proficiency skill unless you either A. are planning to use another class with natural equip but less proficiency(such as Mercenary or Witch Doctor) or B. You have the equip skill.