PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know why I cant change my nickname?

Craftypj7LSG5X2
November 24th, 2014, 08:43 PM
I made this account purely due to DOMO returning and also to apply for the MOD position. While signing up it said I could change my nickname to whatever I wanted and I would receive SUBA points. So I typed what I wanted in both fields and confirmed. I received my SUBA points but my name did NOT change, it remained this odd name. And when I go to change it in my settings it says I have already changed my name and need to wait a month.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thank you.

ArabPikachu
November 24th, 2014, 08:58 PM
What's wrong with your name?

Craftypj7LSG5X2
November 24th, 2014, 09:03 PM
The fact it has random letters and numbers in it and is not the name i picked? It is displaying as Craftypj7LSG5X2. Which is definitely not the nickname I had chosen, not even close XD.

ArabPikachu
November 24th, 2014, 09:11 PM
The fact it has random letters and numbers in it and is not the name i picked? It is displaying as Craftypj7LSG5X2. Which is definitely not the nickname I had chosen, not even close XD.

And you have tried to change it? If that doesn't work I suggest create a new profile. If that doesn't solve your problem , contact a gm

Maiii
November 24th, 2014, 09:11 PM

You can change your nickname from under Change Password and look at Personal Information. Under that is Change Nickname.

If you still can't change, you prob used your charge for the month and might have to wait next month? Idk

Craftypj7LSG5X2
November 24th, 2014, 09:16 PM
If you read my OP it states that it will not let me change it. and my name change points went from 3 to 2 even tho my name did not change.

As for making another profile/account I have already tried it and the same exact thing happens to me. The second time i turned down the SUBA points and just went to change my nickname after making the account, again it took the name change point and did not change the name. I have no idea why it's doing this.

I sent a PM to a GM just now, guess all I can do is wait.

Maiii
November 24th, 2014, 09:22 PM
If you read my OP it states that it will not let me change it. and my name change points went from 3 to 2 even tho my name did not change.

As for making another profile/account I have already tried it and the same exact thing happens to me. The second time i turned down the SUBA points and just went to change my nickname after making the account, again it took the name change point and did not change the name. I have no idea why it's doing this.

I sent a PM to a GM just now, guess all I can do is wait.

Haha oops, mb. Maybe it does that when the nickname is actually taken? I had done that before, and just made another account (this one) with...more letters.

Craftypj7LSG5X2
November 24th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I would normally consider that, but before I had decided on my nickname the ones I had typed before it claimed in big red letters that they were taken. So if it was taken I assume it would have told me like the others, so I am at a loss XD.

Maiii
November 24th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Same here! Oh well lol

Squishington
November 24th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Same thing happened to me, but haven't been able to get anything done about it. Worst case scenario, we'll probably just have to wait out the month. Annoying, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Craftypj7LSG5X2
November 24th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Same thing happened to me, but haven't been able to get anything done about it. Worst case scenario, we'll probably just have to wait out the month. Annoying, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

That's what i was worried about...oh well XD. Guess we are both stuck with these odd names for now then.

Oribani
November 24th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Well, I think the situation is solved now so I just want to say that I really like your icon. I love Infinity Sword. : D

Craftypj7LSG5X2
November 24th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Well, I think the situation is solved now so I just want to say that I really like your icon. I love Infinity Sword. : D

*high fives* good to meet another infinity sword fan <3.

Azullama
November 25th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Nickname Changes
Players who try and change their nickname may find that it simply doesn't work. What's worse, our own tool for doing so manually also does not work.

Some players report that they still get their free Suba Points, but I would bet you're all more upset that you're stuck with those lame default names.

Once this is fixed, you can send a ticket to the Billing department to have your nickname changed IF YOU'VE ALREADY WASTED YOUR FIRST NICKNAME CHANGE WHILE THE SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK.

If you haven't already tried and failed by the time this is fixed, then please don't create more work for us and just switch it on your own.

I will be replying to this thread to let you all know when each of these issues is fixed or what progress is made. If you have any more questions, please PM me on the forum.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks!

Official Notice, if you haven't read it yet directly from the source

Craftypj7LSG5X2
November 25th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Official Notice, if you haven't read it yet directly from the source

Thank you very much! It is good to know that I am not alone on this.