PDA

View Full Version : Movies worth watching while waiting

Azullama
November 26th, 2014, 06:13 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/2dc6682.jpg
MOVIES

List at least 5 movies you think is worth watching (adding reason(s) to why you like the movie and why it's worth watching would be great!; avoid spoilers)

❶Perks of Being a Wallflower (Drama)
Reason(s): It has Emma Watson in it and surprisingly not a cheesy drama.

❷Spirited Away (Animation/Adventure)
Reason(s): I think all Hayao Miyazaki animes are worth watching. The morals I got from the story are worth contemplating.

❸Stardust (Adventure)
Reason(s): Underdog turned into an awesome hero. Magical and action packed.

❹House Bunny (Comedy)
Reason(s): Anna Faris is adorably funny in this movie. It has Emma Stone on this too! Bewbs

❺The Conjuring (Horror)
Reson(s): Made me not sleep without a nighty-light on for a week.

:awsum:

ArabPikachu
November 26th, 2014, 06:16 PM
1. 22 jump street - funny as hell.
2. Let's be cops- thrilling.
3. Lucy- futuristiclly awesome.
4. Million dollar arm- inspirational.
5. Maleficent- very original.

LuLuNoir
November 26th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I want to watch anything with

http://www.blogcdn.com/news.moviefone.com/media/2013/07/melissa-mccarthy-paul-feig-female-spy-franchise.jpg

Tammy<3 #1 On my list

1. Tammy
2. Brides Maids
3. The Help
4. Pans Labyrinth
5. Howls Moving Castle

All beautiful movies with stories to be told.

GraceySells
November 26th, 2014, 06:36 PM
(1) Grotesque (2009)
A great movie to watch while trying to pass time, makes you think about your current relationship and whether or not you REALLY love that special someone as much as these two lovers love each other.

(2) I Spit on Your Grave (1978 or 2010)
Think you hate someone? Watch this movie to come up with clever ways to get payback for whatever they've done to wrong you!

(3) Last House on the Left (2009)
The microwave scene. 'Nuff said.

(4) Human Centipede (2009)
The characters relationships and they way they bond with one another is very inspiring. They're so close, I can only hope that I will be so in touch with another person in my lifetime.

(5) Oldboy (2003)
One of my absolute favourites. A great romance with the usual ups and downs that any love faces.

UmbyZero
November 26th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Okay, here's the movies people need to watch while waiting for DOMO. There's going to be a quiz later.

1. The Goonies
2. Robin Hood (the Disney cartoon)
3. Wayne's World
4. Happiness of the Katakuris
5. The Secret World of Arietta

ArabPikachu
November 26th, 2014, 06:41 PM
(1) Grotesque (2009)
A great movie to watch while trying to pass time, makes you think about your current relationship and whether or not you REALLY love that special someone as much as these two lovers love each other.

Think you hate someone? Watch this movie to come up with clever ways to get payback for whatever they've done to wrong you!

The characters relationships and they way they bond with one another is very inspiring. They're so close, I can only hope that I will be so in touch with another person in my lifetime.

(5) Oldboy (2003)
One of my absolute favourites. A great romance with the usual ups and downs that any love faces.

4. Human centipede - characters relationship? What relationship 0.0 they were all trying to escape? Maybe at the end when the two girls held hands but I mean that's pretty much it. Did you watch the 2nd? And I think the 3rd is coming out soon.

AndreaY
November 26th, 2014, 06:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_mzHyibVMo

DOMOAKFrost
November 26th, 2014, 06:55 PM
(1) Grotesque (2009)

(5) Oldboy (2003)

very cute, gracey

UmbyZero
November 26th, 2014, 07:26 PM

This is blorpin' hilarious! :X

Z0mb3h
November 26th, 2014, 08:09 PM

...No plz. Atleast pick the second one. Way more development there

UmbyZero
November 26th, 2014, 09:09 PM
...No plz. Atleast pick the second one. Way more development there

Yeah, four times as much!

AndreaY
November 27th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Didn't told in my previous post, but that vid is a composite of 5 different ones, so it matches the OP request :)

Why worth watching? Oh well, you all know why XDDDD

FireaArt
November 27th, 2014, 05:11 AM
Ooh oh, I've got some great classics for people to watch!

1. Casablanca - Classic Black and White film referenced a lot in pop culture.
2. O' Brother, Where Art Thou - Hilarious film with George Clooney
3. Alien - Killer Aliens and a kick ass female protagonist, also referenced a lot in pop culture.
4. The Lion King - Disney film, what more can you ask for?
5. Jurassic Park - In preparation for Jurassic World!

KashyDragneel
November 27th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Just a list of my favorite movies that I haven't seen listed so far, worth a looksie

1. The Hunger Games, and following movies.
2. My Neighbor Totoro.
3. The Fifth Element.
4. Inception.
5. Little Nicky

Yaoisama
November 27th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Oh man oh man oh man

In no specific order:

1) The entire LotR + Hobbit pack
2) Boondock Saints
3) Thor + Avengers (nvm the rest)
4) Hot Fuzz
5) Slumdog Millionaire

I'm also adding an anime section (bc I can)

1) Summer Wars
2) Attack on Titan
3) Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of EVA (but NOT the newly made stuff)
4) Golden Boy
5) Magic User's Club (the 6 OVA episodes are brilliant)

TheRealTangerine
November 27th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Just a list of my favorite movies that I haven't seen listed so far, worth a looksie

2. My Neighbor Totoro.
3. The Fifth Element.
4. Inception.
5. Little Nicky

Omg.....the fifth element.
<33333333333333333333

Livipo
November 27th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Miyazaki movies <3

Howls Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
My Neighbor Totoro
Princess Mononoke

Cidopuck
November 27th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I'm so glad to see all the Ghibli love, and VERY happily surprised to see Fifth Element mentioned. It's one of my all time favourites!

Lots of other great movies in this thread too.

EnochP
November 27th, 2014, 10:41 AM

I've been to some parties where that last point was offered. My advice? turn that down. Vodka and a 20 pack of cigs morning after mouth has nothing on that one..

EnochP
November 27th, 2014, 10:42 AM
But yeah

1) Moon
2) Shawshank Redemption
3) Borat
4) Ali G Movie
5) Forest Gump

All solid movies

KashyDragneel
November 27th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I'm so glad to see all the Ghibli love, and VERY happily surprised to see Fifth Element mentioned. It's one of my all time favourites!

"Chicken, goooood~"

:)

UmbyZero
November 27th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Speaking of Miyazaki... has anyone seen The Wind Rises? I think it came out about a year ago, but it didn't get much attention other than from critics. It's supposed to be based on a true story and not cute or fantastical like the other movies. But it's also supposed to be an excellent film. I haven't seen it, but I will at some point.

Nethys
November 27th, 2014, 03:51 PM
In no particular order:
1. Blade Runner: Probably my favorite movie ever, there are some very striking visuals throughout it, and a very memorable monologue.
2. The Big Lebowski: Just an awesome, funny movie. You may have to watch it multiple times to "get it".
3. Unbreakable:A "real-life superhero" movie, before M Night Shyamalan went off the deep end.
4. The Princess Bride: It's a classic, if you haven't seen it, watch it now.
5. Wristcutters: A Love Story - A world where people who've committed suicide are sent to, interesting concept and some cool characters.
6. Fight Club: I can't talk about it.

There are others mentioned that are quite good, but I figured repeats wouldn't be all that helpful.

TheRealTangerine
November 27th, 2014, 04:01 PM

I said in another thread, that I think I love the GM's.

IM RETCONNING IT.

I AM IN LOVE.

Fifth Element is the best film ever <3

Nethys
November 27th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Fifth Element is the best film ever <3

This being one of the aforementioned "quite good" ones.

DOMOAKFrost
November 27th, 2014, 08:58 PM
my all time English favorites:

Kazaam

Goodburger

Steel

Fist of Fear, Touch of Death

Ricky I

Death to Smoochy

Xugo
November 27th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Speaking of Miyazaki... has anyone seen The Wind Rises? I think it came out about a year ago, but it didn't get much attention other than from critics. It's supposed to be based on a true story and not cute or fantastical like the other movies. But it's also supposed to be an excellent film. I haven't seen it, but I will at some point.
Oh I saw it a couple months ago. I think that's pretty spot on. It's not one of their cute fantasy movies, but a great film nonetheless.
I would definitely recommend watching when you get the chance :D

As for movies
- Another vote for Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki!
- Mamoru Hosoda films; not Miyazaki, but still good~
- Tarzan; you can never watch too much Tarzan
- Liar Game; part of a series

TheRealTangerine
November 28th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Oh I saw it a couple months ago. I think that's pretty spot on. It's not one of their cute fantasy movies, but a great film nonetheless.
I would definitely recommend watching when you get the chance :D

As for movies
- Another vote for Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki!
- Mamoru Hosoda films; not Miyazaki, but still good~
- Tarzan; you can never watch too much Tarzan
- Liar Game; part of a series

Tarzan with Phil Collins singing?

*swoon*

Frodothehobbit
November 28th, 2014, 09:10 AM
LOTR and Hobbit combo pack
Armageddon
X-Men pack
Real Steel
I'm Legend

Azullama
November 28th, 2014, 12:47 PM
2. Brides Maids
Melissa McCarthy in this movie ♥. I fell in love with Kristen Wigg even when she was still on SNL.

Thrilling and exciting especially towards the end.

Why worth watching? Oh well, you all know why XDDDD
DoMO miniMovie ♥

5. Jurassic Park - In preparation for Jurassic World!
I hope Jurassic World wouldn't go crazy with CGIs and actually use robotics as their base for the movie.

5. Little Nicky
Lol, bewbs.

1) The entire LotR + Hobbit pack

Going to binge watch LotR and Hobbit, with my boo before the last movie comes out this December.

Miyazaki movies <3
Princess Mononoke
Yes, bad-buttcheeks movie.

3) Borat

This movie gets over-the-top weird and uncomfortable at certain scenes.

Kazaam

Dang, oldie film, not black&white kinda old but old... ya know'

Just woke up from a food coma so here's a new list:
1)Mean Girls - a classic and must watch comedy.
2)Harry Potter - great books and well adapted movies.
3)Golden Compass - too bad they never get to make the 2nd part.
4)Chronicles of Narnia - a wonderful journey.
5)Final Fantasy: the Spirits Winthin - kewl, very kewl.

Xugo
November 28th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Tarzan with Phil Collins singing?

*swoon*
Haha yes! Half the reason why I love the movie~

PsychoIndy
November 30th, 2014, 07:08 AM

2. My Neighbor Totoro.
3. The Fifth Element.
4. Inception.
5. Little Nicky

OMG!!! An Adam Sandler fan. Fear the worst.

PsychoIndy
November 30th, 2014, 07:21 AM
1. Jurassic Park. Love dinosaurs.
2. Who Framed Roger Rabbit. First movie I remember watching in theater.
3. Ghostbusters. Watch it almost every Halloween, plus, I do believe in the paranormal.
4. Cast Away. Tom Hanks did the impossible, and I don't think anyone else could of made the movie move at a good pace, like he did.
5. Mrs. Doubtfire. Robin Williams as an old English woman. Enough said.
6. Good Morning Vietnam. Robin's improve is at his best.

Gambachi
November 30th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Requiem for a Dream
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
District 9
Children of Men
Spirited Away

Caturdays
November 30th, 2014, 02:21 PM
These are my favorite movies ever and I force people to watch them all the time.

1. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou ( Son of a b****, I'm sick of these dolphins ) ||
THE MOST AMAZING COMBINATION Actors and Actresses and funny as heck. Steve Zissou is pretty much my idol. I'm waiting for my bikini and red hat.

2. Rushmore ( I saved Latin. What did you ever do? ) ||
Didn't save latin, not even half of a person Max Fischer is!

3. Patlabor 1 and 2 ( LIVE ACTION : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aoi3XDyA3E ) ||
Giant robots 4 days. I love patlabor with all mah heart<3 can't wait to get a corgi and name him ALPHONSE.

4. Mary & Max ( You are my best friend. You are my only friend. ) ||
THE TEARS WERE REAL.

5. Coraline ( Hush, and shush, for the beldam might be listening. ) ||
I can't tell you how many times I reread the book and how many times I rewatched the movie. This is pretty much the most amazing movie/book and I reccommend everyone to check out the book. Its craaaazy!

*I also love the studio ghilbi movies but, I see so many people mentioning them I decided to share some other movies I don't think many people have seen

Zoraidal
November 30th, 2014, 02:50 PM
1) All the Madagascar Movies - All have great story lines and humor (Penguins of Madagascar is a great series too)
2) Captain America: The Winter Soldier - AWESOME action film - kept me jumping
3) Thor: The Dark World - Awesome action film and love the banter between the brothers (I love all the Marvel movies!)
4) Buffy the Vampire Slayer - It's corny and I love Paul Reuben's death scene XD
5) Lake House - Love Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves and the story is wonderful

Azullama
December 1st, 2014, 02:49 AM
d.
5. Mrs. Doubtfire. Robin Williams as an old English woman. Enough said.
R.I.P Rob. Aladdin was a good movie featuring Robin Williams.

Requiem for a Dream
Wrote a paper of this for my Psychology class. While the professor played Donnie Darko for the class and analyze it.

[SIZE=1]
5. Coraline ( Hush, and shush, for the beldam might be listening. ) ||
I can't tell you how many times I reread the book and how many times I rewatched the movie. This is pretty much the most amazing movie/book and I reccommend everyone to check out the book. Its craaaazy!
Oh I love that movie, same director as my all time favorite, the Nightmare Before Christmas, perfect movie for Halloween and Christmas.

1)
5) Lake House - Love Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves and the story is wonderful
Sandra Bullock is just amazing, watch the Proposal, shows her comedic side.

Bridge to Terabithia, has Peta Mellark in it. But what I liked about the movie is that it caught me off guard. Had manly waters streaming down my eyes at one point.

FadeDragon
December 1st, 2014, 04:43 PM
Been trying to avoid doing too much self promotion on the forums here, but this thread is asking for it.

My Top 5 and 10 lists (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrvc1JSn30qGUVXpI0pyZ4Zh-pcTyLOGj) These videos show my favorite feature films covering a variety of topics.

My Anime and Movie Reviews (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrvc1JSn30qFyoeqN38H4eXIqBqE3jwkT) These are other great films that don't quite fit into a top 5 or 10 but I still feel they are worth mentioning.

KashyDragneel
December 1st, 2014, 04:45 PM
OMG!!! An Adam Sandler fan. Fear the worst.

just Little Nicky and Big Daddy, oh and Happy Gilmore.
Not a fan really :p just like those movies

Matchamatsu
December 2nd, 2014, 03:58 PM
Rush Hour - hilarious lines in this movie, I have them all memorized
Kill Bill volume 1&2 - great example of what happens when you mess with the wrong person
Mortal Kombat - to get you in the mood for hours of hcore DOMO lvling. (I'll just put the theme song on repeat)
Lord of the Rings trilogy <- If you watch them all in a row you might fall asleep but by the time you wake up DOMO should be in open beta.

All of the movies I've mentioned above just reminded me how old I am qq.

Caturdays
December 4th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Rush Hour - hilarious lines in this movie, I have them all memorized
Kill Bill volume 1&2 - great example of what happens when you mess with the wrong person
Mortal Kombat - to get you in the mood for hours of hcore DOMO lvling. (I'll just put the theme song on repeat)
Lord of the Rings trilogy <- If you watch them all in a row you might fall asleep but by the time you wake up DOMO should be in open beta.

All of the movies I've mentioned above just reminded me how old I am qq.

I'd replace Mortal combat with Bloodsport though. Still 10/10 amazing list is aaamazing!

WiliamJaxon
August 11th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Movies worth watching, that I really like but that are not necessarily my jazz pianist and a brilliant vivacious playwright, while waiting for their big break, Here I have gathered the best movies to watch

Superstarstrike
August 11th, 2017, 12:44 AM
Closing because last reply was almost three years ago