PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday shopping, is anyone going?

Eostre
November 27th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Yep I had to bring it up! out of curiosity of course!

Does anyone here go Black Friday shopping? Why do you go? What do you think about it?

I personally have not once gone Black Friday shopping, and I don't think I ever will unless I plan to buy something super expensive, but other wise, I don't see me ever going! (I don't want to get trampled since I'm so short...)
I don't think it's a horrible thing, but I do think it is extremely over-rated, and obviously gets out of hand each year... BUT! What does the DOMO community think about it? :3

Uphio
November 27th, 2014, 11:51 PM
I'd only buy games or other intangible things, since some chains tend to push "defective" or substandard goods to the front for the day.
Also, at 5'9", I'm not very tall. Not a very large frame, either.
So without body armor or a gallon of pepper spray and two dozen mustard bombs, no, I don't think I'll be doing any shopping today. :c

ArabPikachu
November 28th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Just bought an Asus laptop for 99$! Amazing deal for an amazing laptop.

Madelia
November 28th, 2014, 12:42 AM
I didn't even know what black friday was until i saw an south park episode yesterday. And then i searched it on google, the pictures of those huge amounts of people scared me o.o

I'm glad that stuff doesn't happen over here *shivers*

Eostre
November 28th, 2014, 01:08 AM
I'd only buy games or other intangible things, since some chains tend to push "defective" or substandard goods to the front for the day.
Also, at 5'9", I'm not very tall. Not a very large frame, either.
So without body armor or a gallon of pepper spray and two dozen mustard bombs, no, I don't think I'll be doing any shopping today. :c

Haha yeah. Body armor or a riot shield would be the way to go! And I totally understand the height thing, I myself am only 4'11, I'd be trampled within seconds... xD

Savven
November 28th, 2014, 01:09 AM
meh..i might just go to ihop lol

GraceySells
November 28th, 2014, 02:23 AM
I've bought a lot of clothes and a couple presents so far. It is my favourite shopping holiday as it is not Thanksgiving here in Canada! We say our thanks in October (although I try to always be thankful, today I am thankful for the opportunity to buy so many nice things).

Hope everyone gets what they want :)

AbsolutelyAneirin
November 28th, 2014, 03:07 AM
I did my shopping online and ordered plenty of clothes.

Carecrow
November 28th, 2014, 03:15 AM
I think there are about two chains in NZ that have Black Friday sales.

AndreaY
November 28th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Still waiting in my mailbox if something good comes :)

NotHereCantDelete
November 28th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Black Friday shopping sounds like my idea of hell. I'm bad enough with normal crowds, my fists bunch together ready to punch the first person who gets in my way...
I never knew we had this in England, always thought it was just America... And yet it's happening. -stays indoors and waits for delivery people to bring me games-

TheRealTangerine
November 28th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I brought a PS4 for £300 with some stuff with it.......but now im regretting it...>.<

EnochP
November 28th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Haha yeah. Body armor or a riot shield would be the way to go! And I totally understand the height thing, I myself am only 4'11, I'd be trampled within seconds... xD

They make people that short? I'm 6'6

Matchamatsu
November 28th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Meh. I browsed a few websites to check out the deals.
The prices on some items are so ridiculous to begin with that even at 40% off you're not getting a "good deal".

AndreaY
November 28th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I guess you can find a good deal only when you go for things you already know their price and you know the deal is real.

ChallengerAhri
November 28th, 2014, 02:39 PM
No...never again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvh8XTCgBIs

Nethys
November 28th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I bought a new mechanical keyboard off the internet, if that counts. I don't like the idea of staying up all night/getting up in the middle of the night to go to a store. Bleh.

BlackBlade636
November 28th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I don't really see myself going to the stores, but I did just do all my Christmas shopping online. Plus I got a great new laptop to play Domo.

Eostre
November 29th, 2014, 01:04 AM
No...never again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvh8XTCgBIs

LOL. Yessss.

Azullama
November 29th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Just got back from Target and got me a body pillow.. This kid was trying to grab one while he was still behind me. I had to turn around and glare at this kid with the intention of giving off the "imma-cut-chu" vibe. It worked. I now own two body pillows. ^_^

KashyDragneel
November 29th, 2014, 09:27 AM
I went black Friday shopping, only ended up buying a couple of tablet though :/ almost impulse bought a TV till I looked up the specs online (wasn't on the box for some reason) turned out to be a 720 50" plasma piece of pewp, they wouldn't let me swap it as you had to follow a certain path round the store, so I abandoned it there, and got frowny faces from the staff.

GraceySells
November 29th, 2014, 03:16 PM
After a successful few days of shopping, I think the real question now is who's going Cyber Monday shopping? I know I am!

DOMOAKFrost
November 29th, 2014, 03:19 PM
After a successful few days of shopping, I think the real question now is who's going Cyber Monday shopping? I know I am!

Gracey spending money? What is this I don't even

ArabPikachu
November 29th, 2014, 04:13 PM

I am. Getting a laptop, a new basketball court, and cannon camera.

LoIcatKumi
November 29th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Black friday doesn't existed in my country... till this year.

And it was a total joke.... (not a good offer anywhere, just craps)

Anyway I bought some clothes, because I really needed too (some of the clothes I plan to throw were so used they were on the point to break)