PDA

View Full Version : We CAN'T demand a release date!

OmgZombieCharm
November 29th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Hi guys :3

I dont make this post to make people answer or give me their opinion, just cuz i want to explain something that maybe some people dont know.

Yesterday GM-Cidopuk closed a NEW thread about this topic, "People demanding a launch date" as many of you guys know, a game is not easy to develop, even when its already made, it has to be translated and a lot of things must be done in order to keep a NEW server running. Or we should have to play with the people of the Indo-DoMo or Chinese-DoMo.
There's TONS of things to do in order to get you a good game bug free.
They will give us a release date whenever they think its smart to put people on the server and make the game On-Line.

Please, dont be snappy. Be patient. If we dont make the GMs lose their time answering over and over the same questions im sure they would give us a release earlyer :D

-ZombieCharm

DOMOAKFrost
November 29th, 2014, 11:58 PM
inb4 a GM closes this one too

Carecrow
November 29th, 2014, 11:59 PM
GM explained this just a few hours ago.

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=73130&page=3&p=735924#post735924

DOMOAKFrost
November 30th, 2014, 12:01 AM

obviously something is going on that bears reiteration.

OmgZombieCharm
November 30th, 2014, 12:12 AM

inb4 a GM closes this one too

Im aware. Im pretty sure they are going to close this too. But just to avoid people to post anything else. Regardless of if they close it or no, i just wanted to give my opinion. I know what Gm-Cidopuk said on the last thread (i made mention about this last one)
I think some people just dont give them the space to do their job, maybe if someone tells them how it works they will saddle down and keep it low for a bit. That's what i wanted with this thread

-ZombieCharm

ArabPikachu
November 30th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Im aware. Im pretty sure they are going to close this too. But just to avoid people to post anything else. Regardless of if they close it or no, i just wanted to give my opinion. I know what Gm-Cidopuk said on the last thread (i made mention about this last one)
I think some people just dont give them the space to do their job, maybe if someone tells them how it works they will saddle down and keep it low for a bit. That's what i wanted with this thread

-ZombieCharm

^ hire this guy

DOMOAKFrost
November 30th, 2014, 12:40 AM
^ hire this guy

because he/she thought the GM's word isn't enough to close the matter but his/hers is?

ArabPikachu
November 30th, 2014, 12:55 AM
because he/she thought the GM's word isn't enough to close the matter but his/hers is?

Sarcasm is a b****

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 30th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Yesterday GM-Cidopuk closed a NEW thread about this topic, "People demanding a launch date" as many of you guys know, a game is not easy to develop, even when its already made, it has to be translated and a lot of things must be done in order to keep a NEW server running. Or we should have to play with the people of the Indo-DoMo or Chinese-DoMo.
There's TONS of things to do in order to get you a good game bug free.
They will give us a release date whenever they think its smart to put people on the server and make the game On-Line.

-ZombieCharm
I think a lot of us would be perfectly fine if they skimped a bit on the translation of NPC dialogue, help guides, and such to get the game out faster. Not that I'm impatient for the DOMO release, but I do remember sometimes seeing chinese in DOMO for Aeria on some occasions.

ProjektWaffel
November 30th, 2014, 03:25 AM
I think a lot of us would be perfectly fine if they skimped a bit on the translation of NPC dialogue, help guides, and such to get the game out faster. Not that I'm impatient for the DOMO release, but I do remember sometimes seeing chinese in DOMO for Aeria on some occasions.

it might be fine with most of us - but actually it would be bad for the game.
Imagen someone news starting DOMO - i don't know if i would play a game i don't got any passion for yet if half of the text is in an language i don't understand.

The should do their job correctly - and even if we got to wait for one month more or less...whats the difference? we are waiting for it quite a bit already~ :awsum:

But at least i see now why we need forum mods - so that GMs can concentrate on their actually work and doesn't need to bother with reading all this stuff to hunt for actually important information in topics for them (if they do *thumbs up*)

Anyway, my statement: We CAN'T demand a release date, neighter can we demand that we can't demand to get one.:confused:

Vanland
November 30th, 2014, 06:35 AM
I don't know. I am here precisely because I'd like to see those very same NPC dialogues, cutscene dialogues, skill descriptions etc. in proper English. If I wanted to see Chinese signs or poor translation in the game I'd be playing on IC DoMo by now.

I'd rather have Suba take a few weeks/months extra to give DoMo some proper localization and release a product they they feel they have done their utmost best on, and stands for quality. Remember, it is this game that will get Suba known out there and that we are hoping to play for the years to come.

GraceySells
November 30th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I don't know. I am here precisely because I'd like to see those very same NPC dialogues, cutscene dialogues, skill descriptions etc. in proper English. If I wanted to see Chinese signs or poor translation in the game I'd be playing on IC DoMo by now.

I'd rather have Suba take a few weeks/months extra to give DoMo some proper localization and release a product they they feel they have done their utmost best on, and stands for quality. Remember, it is this game that will get Suba known out there and that we are hoping to play for the years to come.

What the players see going in is what's going to stick with them. If the game appears buggy, not properly translated, etc. new players might leave and thus, never see the "proper localization" that may or may not come in the future.

Vanland
November 30th, 2014, 07:18 AM
What the players see going in is what's going to stick with them. If the game appears buggy, not properly translated, etc. new players might leave and thus, never see the "proper localization" that may or may not come in the future.
Exactly. And that is why I'd rather have them take their time instead of sacrificing elements like the translation etc. in favor of a faster release date.

EnochP
November 30th, 2014, 09:08 AM
It happens when it happens man. Plenty of good games to play in the meantime

Kazaaakplethkilik
November 30th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Exactly. And that is why I'd rather have them take their time instead of sacrificing elements like the translation etc. in favor of a faster release date.

When I said skimp on the translations, I didn't mean translate nothing. If they were to translate stuff that beginners will see, but do translations for say, 50+ areas in a later update, that wouldn't harm the game much.

Matchamatsu
November 30th, 2014, 02:16 PM
When I said skimp on the translations, I didn't mean translate nothing. If they were to translate stuff that beginners will see, but do translations for say, 50+ areas in a later update, that wouldn't harm the game much.
Data, script and any language you see in game should be in english before releasing the game for all areas patched in. If some content is still in taiwanese or only half english it will look sloppy even at lvl 50+ areas because people like to travel. I don't want the GM's to cut corners just so we can play the game sooner. I'd rather them take their time and do a good job. It would reflect badly on suba and DOMO if things are out of place and unfinished when we log in.

Zoraidal
November 30th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Data, script and any language you see in game should be in english before releasing the game for all areas patched in. If some content is still in taiwanese or only half english it will look sloppy even at lvl 50+ areas because people like to travel. I don't want the GM's to cut corners just so we can play the game sooner. I'd rather them take their time and do a good job. It would reflect badly on suba and DOMO if things are out of place and unfinished when we log in.

Agreed. I know I for one flew everywhere I possibly could when I first learned to fly in game. I think as a new player it would have made me question whether I wanted to continue playing if I saw untranslated areas. I know an argument could be made that a disclaimer could be put out there but many people don't read things like that.

ArabPikachu
November 30th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Brace yourselves, A GM will be here any second.

EnochP
November 30th, 2014, 02:33 PM

And why is that?

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:32 AM

He. Male. Sexy shura male beast :p

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:32 AM

Did you? LOL! Where? Is there a screeshot of that? xD

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:35 AM
it might be fine with most of us - but actually it would be bad for the game.
Imagen someone news starting DOMO - i don't know if i would play a game i don't got any passion for yet if half of the text is in an language i don't understand.

The should do their job correctly - and even if we got to wait for one month more or less...whats the difference? we are waiting for it quite a bit already~ :awsum:

But at least i see now why we need forum mods - so that GMs can concentrate on their actually work and doesn't need to bother with reading all this stuff to hunt for actually important information in topics for them (if they do *thumbs up*)

Anyway, my statement: We CAN'T demand a release date, neighter can we demand that we can't demand to get one.:confused:

You got a point there. ;)

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:39 AM

I guess we have been wateing for what? almost 3/4 years for it? Lets wait 3 /4 months till the release. We allready wait the most, lets wait the less.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 1st, 2014, 12:40 AM
Agreed. I know I for one flew everywhere I possibly could when I first learned to fly in game. I think as a new player it would have made me question whether I wanted to continue playing if I saw untranslated areas. I know an argument could be made that a disclaimer could be put out there but many people don't read things like that.

But it's like, what's an untranslated area to you? The NPCs in DOMO almost never have something important to say, especially if you're not in the level range. Monster/area names aren't going to be a problem. I don't see how you could encounter a problem.

Also: I saw chinese in the aeria help menu, I think you had to hit like, F11 or something to see it.

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:42 AM

I think (im not sure) that Aeria closed cuz of the lack of new players and so less players spending monay on the game, (also some trouble on the administration of the very game) so if we want the game and the comunity to keep growing we have to get a very well done game, so when new players come they can see the best and stay with us.

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:43 AM
It happens when it happens man. Plenty of good games to play in the meantime

Minecraft perhaps? xD GOSH! I love that game ;)

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:45 AM

Is DoMo on taiwanese? thought it was chinese :p

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:48 AM

Even if so, i bet he/she wouldn't care. We are haveing a friendly chat, and maybe... *Pull out his machinegun with kryptonite and shoot the hole magazine*

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 12:55 AM
But it's like, what's an untranslated area to you? The NPCs in DOMO almost never have something important to say, especially if you're not in the level range. Monster/area names aren't going to be a problem. I don't see how you could encounter a problem.

Also: I saw chinese in the aeria help menu, I think you had to hit like, F11 or something to see it.

the thing with the areas beside of the new people is that there is some unbelivable people that could reach lvl50+ within a week. And then it will be a problem.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 1st, 2014, 02:38 PM
the thing with the areas beside of the new people is that there is some unbelivable people that could reach lvl50+ within a week. And then it will be a problem.

How would it be a problem if they like the game enough to reach 50+ within a week? Someone that devoted probably isn't going to quit over some text boxes.

Zoraidal
December 1st, 2014, 02:45 PM
We should probably move this conversation over to the thread that is discussing the translation topic instead of having two threads... just a thought. :)

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 08:45 PM
How would it be a problem if they like the game enough to reach 50+ within a week? Someone that devoted probably isn't going to quit over some text boxes.

i never said that they liked it, i said they CAN reach that level. Idk why, some people is weird :p I've seen those types of people on Shayia and Aion.

OmgZombieCharm
December 1st, 2014, 08:53 PM
We should probably move this conversation over to the thread that is discussing the translation topic instead of having two threads... just a thought. :)

Acctualy im not trying to discuss anything, just wanted to give an idea of why the game isnt released yet and why it will take bit to those who made threads "Demanding" any kind of release date or open beta. people impacient that want the game NOW regardless if it's a good game or not.

DOMOAKFrost
December 1st, 2014, 11:03 PM
Acctualy im not trying to discuss anything, just wanted to give an idea of why the game isnt released yet and why it will take bit to those who made threads "Demanding" any kind of release date or open beta. people impacient that want the game NOW regardless if it's a good game or not.

still kind of mystified by how you think your post would succeed and the GMs' wouldn't...

TehParamedic
December 2nd, 2014, 04:49 AM
I think it's about time to let this thread die. No real reason to let this go on; problem has already been addressed.

LuLuNoir
December 2nd, 2014, 04:52 AM
I demand a date with the Golden PuPu.

Kitemay
December 2nd, 2014, 11:43 AM
two gamrd to remind people of failed launce, aeria's three kingdoms game was rushed, it lasted faaaarrrrrrr less than a year if i recall, and digimon masters online was also rushed, and the game was literally unplayable at the time , among
many other issue

OmgZombieCharm
December 3rd, 2014, 04:18 PM
I think it's about time to let this thread die. No real reason to let this go on; problem has already been addressed.

Agree.... Lol 10 characters to post XD