PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Sign

UmbyZero
November 30th, 2014, 03:10 PM
What Zodiac Sign will you pick, and why?

As for as I know, your Zodiac Sign is what determines the schedule that your luck changes. And I think it affects what other players are your relative, rival, etc.

I was born in the year of the horse. But I don't identify with horses, so I don't think I will pick horse (last time I think I picked tiger).

Will you pick your actual Chinese zodiac sign? Or will you pick the animal you like the best? Discuss! XD

Azullama
November 30th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Zodiac signs, dang, I forgot about those. What's the purpose of it again? Aside from having relationship lines and being rival and what not. Can't decide right meow

FireaArt
November 30th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I always went for my actual one for my mains, and random ones I liked for my other characters.

So, Rat!

Zoraidal
November 30th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I was born in the year of the horse. But I don't identify with horses, so I don't think I will pick horse

Same. I will pick dog. I have 4 wonderful doggies so I have good feelings towards our K9 friends.

NotHereCantDelete
November 30th, 2014, 03:18 PM
I don't even remember this, wow... I think my real one is rabbit though so I'd most likely go for that.

Oribani
November 30th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I will probably pick my actual Chinese Zodiac which is the dragon. lol

DevilInGlasses
November 30th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I'll go with my actual one, as I recall it didn't affect anything except from a social aspect (Whereas in Lucent Heart, another suba game, your zodiac affects your stat growth and available skills)

TrippyLogic
November 30th, 2014, 03:30 PM
My real chinese zodiac is the pig.
I don't fancy it, but I'll go with that because I don't see a reason to fake it.

Vanland
November 30th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Just going with my real life zodiac sign .. don't really see a reason to alter it.

Horse it is.

Mitzruti
November 30th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I will probably pick my actual Chinese Zodiac which is the dragon. lol
me too :o

/tenpupus.

Caturdays
November 30th, 2014, 03:46 PM
I think my zodiac sign is the rooster... So I'll pick rabbit in game even though I do love galinhas ahha

GameGrave
November 30th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I'll use my zodiac the Ram but for my alts i'll choose something I actually fancy

ArabPikachu
November 30th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I'm a leo. Will probably choose whatever though

DOMOAKFrost
November 30th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I'm a leo. Will probably choose whatever though

did you even read the thread lol.

ArabPikachu
November 30th, 2014, 04:18 PM
did you even read the thread lol.

Yes. Whats your point good sir?

DOMOAKFrost
November 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Yes. Whats your point good sir?

last I checked, neither Leo nor Lion is in the Chinese Zodiac.

ArabPikachu
November 30th, 2014, 04:23 PM
last I checked, neither Leo nor Lion is in the Chinese Zodiac.

*turns around and walks away looking at the ground...

ProjektWaffel
November 30th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I'm tiger and I will go with that~
But now I wonder if anyone can tell me how the different zodiacs are connected with each other? Who's a lover, who's ur enemy?

DOMOAKFrost
November 30th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I'm tiger and I will go with that~
But now I wonder if anyone can tell me how the different zodiacs are connected with each other? Who's a lover, who's ur enemy?

Actually, somebody tried gaming the system so he and his girlfriend's characters would be true loves.

After some research, iirc it was found that zodiacs aren't remotely close to the only factor, so they gave up.

Miradora
November 30th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I'm a Monkey, I picked it for all my main characters but not my alts. At first I thought the icon for the character menu button was different based on what zodiac you picked, but later found out that it's a monkey in the icon no matter what.

I think all you need to become a true love is a 'relative' that you have an active red line to, near you. Once you (or they) add you to friend list, you get a new option when you right click them - 'join lover'.

Clicking this option makes you and them true loves, and it doesn't ask the other side for confirmation. If you add them when they don't have a red line to you, even if they are a 'relative', you don't get this option. I kind of doubt anybody really begins as a 'true love' without this step, and you can actually have several true loves at the same time.

RurouniGalt
November 30th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Originally chose Dragon I think, but this time I will choose my actual one(Horse).

Uphio
November 30th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Back then I didn't even know what they meant, but I'll do it right this time around.
That said, year of the Dog.
Annnnnnd an Aquarius.

Livipo
November 30th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I'm a rabbit.. So. I guess I'll be a rabbit! :)

Superstarstrike
November 30th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I think I'll go with my real one, which would be Rat.

LadyOkamia
November 30th, 2014, 09:39 PM
I really don't know what I will do to be honest. I guess whatever I think would represent me most. Maybe Rabbit? But I am the year of the chicken. But I rather not be a chicken XD!

FoxyFi
November 30th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Maybe snake this time around. Not my zodiac sign, but I think snakes are pretty cool.

Froofi
November 30th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Gonna go with my real zodiac and favorite animal
monkeys 4 lyfe

Carecrow
November 30th, 2014, 11:48 PM
I'll pick whichever one gets me a love line to Frost

LNova
November 30th, 2014, 11:48 PM
I'll pick whichever one gets me a love line to Frost

Wouldn't you rather have a love line to me?

Carecrow
November 30th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Wouldn't you rather have a love line to me?

We could have a love triangle.

Aidyl
November 30th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I've always gone with my real one, rat, so I'll probably do the same this time around ^^ Seems like the trend :o

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 1st, 2014, 12:12 AM
As for as I know, your Zodiac Sign is what determines the schedule that your luck changes. And I think it affects what other players are your relative, rival, etc.

I believe it is one factor, the other being when your character is created. I think it has to do with in game time, and chinese fortune telling.
That's why, even if everyone were to pick the same sign, they wouldn't be automatic relatives/lovers(same luck).

Allyrianna
December 1st, 2014, 01:28 AM
My real life zodiac just because.

hi5, Snakes \o/

LuLuNoir
December 1st, 2014, 01:34 AM
I'm a snake slithering through the grass.

TheRealTangerine
December 1st, 2014, 04:43 AM
Whatever my real one is....but I can't remember this feature lol >.<

Recaille
December 1st, 2014, 04:45 AM
Can't remember if I picked my real one before. But wtv xD This time I'll pick the real one - Ox :3

GameGrave
December 1st, 2014, 01:39 PM
Is there an in-depth guide to the zodiac signs and how they determine your true love rivals and such?

Milachi
December 1st, 2014, 01:57 PM
Is there an in-depth guide to the zodiac signs and how they determine your true love rivals and such?
As Frost said, there are multiple factors determining that sort of thing, not just your character's zodiac. Though in actual Chinese zodiac horoscopes, they are certain animals that are not compatible with each other (IE Boar/Boar and Rooster/Rabbits don't usually make good pairs). I don't think DoMO follows those to a T, since I've been asking rivals what their zodiacs where and I've gotten mixed results.

My first character was of the Tiger, but this time around I'll be going with either the Dog or Rooster. Perhaps both since I plan on having two, maybe three characters!

DOMOAKFrost
December 1st, 2014, 02:14 PM

as logic dictates, if zodiac is the only factor, on average at least 1/12th of all players are your true love, which means sniper lines everywhere.

UmbyZero
December 1st, 2014, 04:38 PM
I think it's your zodiac sign and also the month and day that determines it. I'm pretty sure that two characters with the same zodiac and birthday have the same exact luck (I remember doing this unintentionally before with two alts and just happened to notice it was the same). So maybe they could have the same relatives/rivals too?

Frodothehobbit
December 2nd, 2014, 09:23 AM
mine is pupu , and i love it ::O

Loomynar
December 2nd, 2014, 10:29 AM
My actual Chinese zodiac sign is the dog and I'd like to see what the system tells me about it! From the luck to the love life.

MokaTea
December 3rd, 2014, 09:38 PM
I would pick my actual zodiac sign. Have pride in my rabbit-self! >_<

KingSuno
December 5th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I was born in the year of the snake, in the month of the scorpio....

Edit: I'm 25 yrs old btw

Succubusty
December 6th, 2014, 01:49 AM
I'm gonna go with my real zodiac, which is what I think I went with last time, since it doesn't really affect much in game.
So ram it is c:

PsychoIndy
December 6th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Last time, I went with my real one and gonna do it again: Ram. Like the saying goes, cant dodge it, ram it. Cant ram it, dodge it.

Zephrom
December 6th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Chinese Zodiac, Rooster, altho things will get complicate if they put the Elemental Attribute of your B-day along side of feng shui number.

P.S. for a sec there I thought Horoscope zodiac then chinese zodiac. Darn Lucent heart got me semi confuse.

ChocolateMinT
December 6th, 2014, 08:38 PM
I went with my real one and will stick with it~ I'm born year of the Monkey. Would be kinda cool if we get some interesting attributes for choosing a specific zodiac or have like paraphernalia associated with it.

Stucanje
December 6th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I would go with my real one, the Pig, but I happen to reaaaaally love tigers, so my first character will probably be a Tiger!

Agiantnotepad
December 7th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Rooster is the best.

Seiboy
December 7th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I'll go with my monkey powers.

TheIssing
December 7th, 2014, 03:46 PM
the last two times I believe I went with random ones, but I might go with the rooster. gotta stay true? :P

ChocolateMinT
December 7th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Pick up a Bo staff and start trolling people.

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 05:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=544qxHGI-5s

Zephrom
December 7th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Pick up a Bo staff and start trolling people.

That better not be the Sun Wukong staff your holding "Jade Rabbit". Otherwise he will sent someone to retrieve it and the journey to return it back to it rightful owner will begin.

neo007dm
December 8th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I'm Taurus/bull so shall pick Taurus/bull

ChocolateMinT
December 8th, 2014, 02:18 PM
That better not be the Sun Wukong staff your holding "Jade Rabbit". Otherwise he will sent someone to retrieve it and the journey to return it back to it rightful owner will begin.
Obligatory *you're.

I don't remember "Journey to the West" very much, watched the really ancient Live-Action one in Viet long long time ago. But I'm going to guess he also taught the other monkeys to learn how to swing staves around.

Heh. Jade Rabbit. Back to pounding medicine I suppose.

Now I want to make a Staff MA now for my Sprite..

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 8th, 2014, 03:12 PM
as logic dictates, if zodiac is the only factor, on average at least 1/12th of all players are your true love, which means sniper lines everywhere.
Since characters with the same luck are automatically relatives or lovers, and you can make 2 characters with the same sign but different luck, it's not solely the sign you pick.
However, the time when your character is created, I believe, has more to do with your luck/relationships. An in-game day is 2 hours, thus it goes through 12 days every day. As there are 12 signs, this would be what determines it.
Though I feel it has something to do with in-game time, it might not be the 12 signs, but the elemental used in fortune telling, could also be both. Chinese astrology has an element in addition the animal, for instance: Water Monkey (http://www.metaphysicalzone.com/china/monkey2.shtml). This also shows times of day for animals.
Given that there are 5 levels of luck, and 5 elements, it could be that elements are used in how they show the love lines, no idea how they would do that though.

To get further into the system, you could try looking at how many types of luck can you have with 3 types of luck and 5 levels.

Veys
December 8th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Part of me wants to do Snake, because why not. But part of me is just so fond of being a Rooster .

Matchamatsu
December 8th, 2014, 04:17 PM
http://youtu.be/bBUpZs3Z3xM

San-toki, toki-ya ^_^

Zephrom
December 8th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I don't remember "Journey to the West" very much, watched the really ancient Live-Action one in Viet long long time ago. But I'm going to guess he also taught the other monkeys to learn how to swing staves around.

Heh. Jade Rabbit. Back to pounding medicine I suppose.

Now I want to make a Staff MA now for my Sprite..

I was Referencing The Forbidden Kingdom movie. o.ob

Also for Journey to the West, I'm assuming you watch the 1986, which is a classic imo.

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 04:50 PM

Also for Journey to the West, I'm assuming you watch the 1986, which is a classic imo.

http://youtu.be/TjQQhH6Jbok

ChocolateMinT
December 8th, 2014, 06:21 PM

Oh, I never did see Forbidden Kingdom. Gotta put that on my list.. and yes the 1986 one. I should really watch that too aha.

Uhh back on topic. I would choose Rabbit as for like maybe secondary character.

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 08:37 AM
I'm a Horse, and I will always be a horse with double personalities.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 9th, 2014, 11:47 AM

Possibly more. The chinese zodiac has 4 sets of 3 animals that get along, they are 4 apart: Monkey, dragon, rat; Ox, snake, Rooster; Tiger, Horse, Dog; and Rabbit, Goat, Pig. These groups might be part of the fate system too, hard to tell.

Kitababie
December 10th, 2014, 08:19 PM
I think I'll stick with Monkey cause that's my actual Chinese zodiac and it suits me :D

Kitababie
December 10th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Scorpio power <3

---
Edit: Err ignore this cause I can't delete it <_< Was supposed to be a response to someone's post Q,Q