PDA

View Full Version : Name the server!

AndreaY
December 7th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Ok, we all waiting for announces and all the goodies that cames after :-)

What about everyone think about a name to our new server? Dunno if SG can have voice on that, but anyway we kill some time with something :COOL:

Whoever likes one of proposed names, just go like the post, or else go ahead and say his/her proposal!

GOGOGO!!!

*** Phoenix ***

As because the game reborn from its ashes! :evil:

Carecrow
December 7th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Still fond of "Default"

KashyDragneel
December 7th, 2014, 05:23 AM
*** Phoenix ***

As because the game reborn from its ashes! :evil:

I said this in another thread already, So I'll vote with the op's idea :P

Vanland
December 7th, 2014, 06:20 AM
I was thinking that naming the servers after the cities might be a nice idea.

e.g. "EverSun" as default server.

Livipo
December 7th, 2014, 06:48 AM
I think Phoenix is a great idea :D

NotHereCantDelete
December 7th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Call it zombie, 'cos it's risen from the dead and now it's going to eat peoples brains.

LadyMae
December 7th, 2014, 09:23 AM
"Emerald"
"Jade"
"Diamond"
Anything along the lines of gems are okay with me.

Frodothehobbit
December 7th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Shire
Erebor
Minas-Tirith

EnochP
December 7th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Onyx, why not stick with what we know?

Aidyl
December 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Onyx, why not stick with what we know?

Avoiding past server names would probably be a wise idea? Just because this is a fresh start sort of thing?

---

On that note, I agree with the Phoenix idea... There's a boss called the Phoenix, yes? And it's featured in the animated trailers? There's also the Phoenix Tower. So, it has a nice connection to the game, like Onyx, Pupu, and Sapphire did.

Plazastorm0tlY4
December 7th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Twizzler.-

Zoraidal
December 7th, 2014, 12:41 PM
*** Phoenix ***

As because the game reborn from its ashes!

I like Phoenix as well and the reason is perfect.

Caturdays
December 7th, 2014, 01:05 PM
They should name the servers after popular videogames on youtube. Prop Hunt, Happy Wheels, or even Minecraft:Let's Play then the babiez and $$$ will come rolling in.

"hey come play on my minecraft server" aeuhuaeh

Yaoisama
December 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
(Madame) Malachite <3

LadyOkamia
December 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I like Meowmix. Let's name it that.

DevilInGlasses
December 7th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Flying pupu or nothing.

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Roboto

NautX
December 7th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I suggest for the first server name....BattleToads

Kirbychu
December 7th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I'd assume there would only be one server so why does it need a name? Phoenix is good, and I agree we should steer clear of past server names (so no Onyx, Sapphire, or Pupu). Does anyone know what the TW version's server name translates to?

Emerald or Amethyst or another gem name might be okay, but at the same time seems a little like we're trying to cling to Aeria DOMO. Same if we chose another monster name I suppose, though Pupu is the best server name cuz pupus are awesome...so gratz to GT for choosing the coolest server name lol.

I'd have to back Phoenix, and my second pick would be Eversun. Though I really hope they stick with just one server for now and add more only if that server becomes overcrowded. We don't want to split this community up so soon...

LadyOkamia
December 7th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I'd assume there would only be one server so why does it need a name? Phoenix is good, and I agree we should steer clear of past server names (so no Onyx, Sapphire, or Pupu). Does anyone know what the TW version's server name translates to?

Emerald or Amethyst or another gem name might be okay, but at the same time seems a little like we're trying to cling to Aeria DOMO. Same if we chose another monster name I suppose, though Pupu is the best server name cuz pupus are awesome...so gratz to GT for choosing the coolest server name lol.

I'd have to back Phoenix, and my second pick would be Eversun. Though I really hope they stick with just one server for now and add more only if that server becomes overcrowded. We don't want to split this community up so soon...

Well the point of 2 servers was so not everyone would be on 1 server to crash it or make it lag. Thats why companies have 2 servers or more depending on how many people will be playing.

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 04:26 PM

They have a list of 10 Grand Artifacts from their series, which they used for server names. One such artifact that appeared in DOMO is the Emperor's Sword.

The current remaining server is named after the Jade Emperor's Tower.

Kirbychu
December 7th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Well the point of 2 servers was so not everyone would be on 1 server to crash it or make it lag. Thats why companies have 2 servers or more depending on how many people will be playing.

I highly doubt we will have so many people at launch that it will crash the servers (though with DOMO being on Steam it's impossible to tell for sure I guess). I just don't think it's a good idea to START with 2 servers. Keep us all together on one server and THEN add another later if needed. I honestly don't think it's a good idea to have more than one anyway - just look at Onyx and Sapphire. One was way more populated than the other, and it got to the point where a server merge was needed (and had it happened, the one server would have been decently populated probably). Rather than make two servers and eventually have to merge them, just have one server with as large of a capacity as they can give it, and keep the DOMO community together. Though obviously it's not up to anyone but Suba what they decide to do (or what they physically CAN do).

They have a list of 10 Grand Artifacts from their series, which they used for server names. One such artifact that appeared in DOMO is the Emperor's Sword.

The current remaining server is named after the Jade Emperor's Tower.

Oh cool thanks :EEK:
So I assume the TW version had more servers than just the one at one point? Even more reason to just have one server on this version.

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I highly doubt we will have so many people at launch that it will crash the servers (though with DOMO being on Steam it's impossible to tell for sure I guess). I just don't think it's a good idea to START with 2 servers. Keep us all together on one server and THEN add another later if needed. I honestly don't think it's a good idea to have more than one anyway - just look at Onyx and Sapphire. One was way more populated than the other, and it got to the point where a server merge was needed (and had it happened, the one server would have been decently populated probably). Rather than make two servers and eventually have to merge them, just have one server with as large of a capacity as they can give it, and keep the DOMO community together. Though obviously it's not up to anyone but Suba what they decide to do (or what they physically CAN do).

Oh cool thanks :EEK:
So I assume the TW version had more servers than just the one at one point? Even more reason to just have one server on this version.

They had as many as 5 at one time.

Matchamatsu
December 7th, 2014, 05:22 PM
"ThisIsServer"

LuLuNoir
December 7th, 2014, 11:33 PM
1st server is PuPu
2nd is KuKu

That's how we do.

Kirbychu
December 7th, 2014, 11:37 PM
1st server is PuPu
2nd is KuKu

That's how we do.

Pupu was the name of the server on GT version though. I think we should steer clear of previously used server names (for DOMO at least). Otherwise it would just look...bad...tacky...lame...take your pick.

Kazaaakplethkilik
December 7th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Could always go with names after the four symbols (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Symbols_%28China%29).
Since vermillion bird doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, it could be replaced with Phoenix in server names: Tiger, Dragon, Phoenix, and Tortoise.

LuLuNoir
December 7th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Pupu was the name of the server on GT version though. I think we should steer clear of previously used server names (for DOMO at least). Otherwise it would just look...bad...tacky...lame...take your pick.

Well I played AGEs DOMO lol. I guess we can name the servers something completely oblivious to DOMO like Bob and Cindy.

Or lets just go with Mirror World.

AndreaY
December 8th, 2014, 06:35 AM
...I honestly don't think it's a good idea to have more than one anyway...
Yep agree, one server may can get some login hammering on first days, but just after some days I think it will be enough.

Adding more servers just because the hammering, will results to some servers empty when average population has settled, and calls to what I fear the most: server merges. Them have always had side effects on everything.

Anyway, I will be more than happy the game become so healthy that really a second server will be needed in the future :COOL:

TheRealTangerine
December 8th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Everyone seems to like Phoenix...

But tbf I dont care what its called >.<

LilKizuna
December 8th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Onyx sounds butter.

~Lil_Kizuna

Carecrow
December 8th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Butter.

/10char

OmgZombieCharm
December 8th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Call it zombie, 'cos it's risen from the dead and now it's going to eat peoples brains.

HELL YEAH!!!

Or we could call it:

Ruby, Metal, Jave, Love, Rock, Dragon, Kuku or Yun Sheng

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 01:39 PM
It should be "Oenix"

Maiii
December 8th, 2014, 02:13 PM
It should be "Oenix"

It should be Steelix.

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM
It should be Steelix.

and get sued?

Maiii
December 8th, 2014, 02:16 PM
and get sued?

Pshhhh, Stillyx? (Oh god, I'm butchering it)

Matchamatsu
December 8th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Omega ruby and Alpha sapphire
^Perhaps worth getting sued for^

1st server is PuPu
2nd is KuKu

That's how we do.

This is how we do, yeah, chilling, laid back, straight stuntin' yeah we do it like that.
This is how we do, do do do do, this is how we doooooo

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Lakfakalle Is a wonderful name for a server....

Trust me, it would make this game very popular.

MinatoU
December 9th, 2014, 09:29 AM
The server should be called "Offline"

Loomynar
December 9th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Red Phoenix, Blue Dragon, not a suggestion, but it was the servers' name from where I played DOMO first.

TehParamedic
December 9th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I think naming each after a town is a pretty good idea, starting with Eversun. I feel we wouldn't have more servers than towns at any point.

(Test server can be Noob Island)

Aidyl
December 9th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Red Phoenix, Blue Dragon, not a suggestion, but it was the servers' name from where I played DOMO first.

Well that kinda kills the idea of Phoenix D: Gosh, Lumi >~>
I'm on board with Eversun, then.