PDA

View Full Version : Best Aoe job

Lysee
December 7th, 2014, 04:29 PM
What is in your oppinion the best Aoe job after all this time?
Fencer, Dancer, Wizard or Shaman?
I think Wizard with agi/wis build, but I am curious to other experience.
Please let me know, since its gonna be a new start so new stuff to try out ;)

Dyyn
December 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM
What is in your oppinion the best Aoe job after all this time?
Fencer, Dancer, Wizard or Shaman?
I think Wizard with agi/wis build, but I am curious to other experience.
Please let me know, since its gonna be a new start so new stuff to try out ;)

Fencer can't effectively AOE without shaman or wizard subs. Dancer is best for solo AOE.

The best party AOE would be shaman and wizard subbing one another.

FadeDragon
December 7th, 2014, 04:43 PM
There was that one time I convinced people that AOE blademaster was a thing. It hurt my repair bill, but it was nice to stand around and be lazy for a few levels.

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 04:53 PM
it really depends on what you mean by best.

If it's DPS, Merchant, all the way. C.Fury Money Rain is unparalleled (assuming you can afford it).

If it's DPM, Fencer is enough. I've subbed fencer aoes on a full agi hunter and gotten good results.

If it's solo aoe, you want dancer.

Carecrow
December 7th, 2014, 06:42 PM
C.fury hunter was the best burst AoE - requires a huge amount of m.acc buffs though

FoxyFi
December 7th, 2014, 07:25 PM

If it's DPS, Merchant, all the way. C.Fury Money Rain is unparalleled (assuming you can afford it).

If it's DPM, Fencer is enough. I've subbed fencer aoes on a full agi hunter and gotten good results.

Can you make a physical class aoe build work with fencer/ merchant sub's then? Just curious if it would output okay enough DPs to work in party play.

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Can you make a physical class aoe build work with fencer/ merchant sub's then? Just curious if it would output okay enough DPs to work in party play.

money rain must have c.fury, which means the full acc pill + muse and dgold wrist/macc onyxes and arena little eye buff stack. you do it when you want to wipe out small enemies fast in a raid situation. For leveling... Kinda really extravagant.

Fencer with agi build works on pretty much every job as main aoe dps in parties. Level 33 sword series work especially well because matk isn't affected by proficiency.

Xiaoming001
December 7th, 2014, 08:38 PM
It depends how you define best. I define fencer as the best AOE job

1. for farming purpose, you can cast it quickily with low cooldown.
2. It uses low mp, making it a good sub for AOE in leveling in group

FoxyFi
December 7th, 2014, 11:00 PM
money rain must have c.fury, which means the full acc pill + muse and dgold wrist/macc onyxes and arena little eye buff stack. you do it when you want to wipe out small enemies fast in a raid situation. For leveling... Kinda really extravagant.

Fencer with agi build works on pretty much every job as main aoe dps in parties. Level 33 sword series work especially well because matk isn't affected by proficiency.

Alright good to know. Thank you. Would you recommend any wis or pow to go with the agi? I was never quite sure which was more beneficial to fencer elemental skills. Also assuming 20/28 dex as well with that?

DOMOAKFrost
December 7th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Alright good to know. Thank you. Would you recommend any wis or pow to go with the agi? I was never quite sure which was more beneficial to fencer elemental skills. Also assuming 20/28 dex as well with that?

I just did 3 agi up to 103 and dropped the rest in whatever the job needed. That last bit of stats practically don't matter, and there's no point wasting a restat over it.

LuLuNoir
December 7th, 2014, 11:31 PM
I always preferred Shaman with Wizard sub skills. Or the other way around if you have lots of scrolls. You can even do LA subs. But you lose the robe benefits.

Carecrow
December 7th, 2014, 11:54 PM
I always preferred Shaman with Wizard sub skills. Or the other way around if you have lots of scrolls. You can even do LA subs. But you lose the robe benefits.

Shaman aoes are pretty rubbish in comparison to the other jobs listed

LuLuNoir
December 7th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Shaman aoes are pretty rubbish in comparison to the other jobs listed

True but if you like to do a lot of farming it was my go to. The elemental skills. <3

Carecrow
December 8th, 2014, 12:00 AM
True but if you like to do a lot of farming it was my go to. The elemental skills. <3

I'd say dancer or fencer was the way to go.

LuLuNoir
December 8th, 2014, 12:09 AM
I'd say dancer or fencer was the way to go.

Hm lol I tried it and didn't like it. But now that I think about it I did prefer dancer when I fought higher level monsters. But for the ones 20 or more levels below me I still like Wiz\Sham.

MinatoU
December 8th, 2014, 03:57 AM
I think for AoE it would be between wizard or fencer skills as the best party AoEs to level with.
Wizard because you can steal shaman's wand equip and just use wizard skills on every job.
Fencer would have to use it's own skillpoints to get equip sword but it is worth getting that skill to use fencer AoEs on every job

But what do I know? I would never play a job to AoE with because I like what else these jobs can do

LadyOkamia
December 8th, 2014, 04:37 AM

Question about Dancer. If I go Dancer but I would want to party or raid will my aoes not be good enough? I like to solo but I would also like to party while lvling my Dancer. Would that build be Agi and Wis to avoid the aggro I pull onto myself? Or something different? What sub would you recommend for Dancer? Doctor or perhaps Muse?

Carecrow
December 8th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Question about Dancer. If I go Dancer but I would want to party or raid will my aoes not be good enough? I like to solo but I would also like to party while lvling my Dancer. Would that build be Agi and Wis to avoid the aggro I pull onto myself? Or something different? What sub would you recommend for Dancer? Doctor or perhaps Muse?

The only raid that requires AoEs is widow, which is a situation where c.fury aoes work best. Found dancer to be the next best thing though. Would recommend agility/power build (primarily fan dancing tree) and fencer/BM or fencer/doc subs.

SirPwn
December 8th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Best AoE job? Fandancer.

Even in parties I generally tanked more often than the tank, purely because it was impossible to keep aggro off me for more than 5 seconds. Eventually froze dancer at level 48 so I could solo aoe foggy and still level a pet while I farmed. :D

Only downside is it eats MP at a crazy pace. Dancer's own MP regen skill is not enough to sustain (coupled with the fact that you don't actually get it until 25, at which point Doctor's Inner Magic-sub unlocked at 23-is already better) so I would really recommend subbing Inner and Control Breathing.

Trade secrets:

20 dex for a little bit of m.acc (though most will be gained from fan anyhow) can go 28 if you feel like you miss a lot
103 agi for cooldown reduction and nigh invincibility (dat evasion..)
rest pow (for that little bit of extra umph) OR wis (for a little more mana sustain) depending on preference

Ferocious Fandango, Fancy FF, Fatiguing Fan, Fleecing Fan, Flaming Foxtrot and River Rhumba all maxed
You should have points to spare that you can do with as you please. For additional survivability, consider working towards Beastial Boogie.

While slapping mobs, for best effect, order skills thusly: Fatiguing > Fleecing > Fancy > [ Ferocious > Flaming > Ferocious > River ]> repeat until Fatiguing and Fleecing buffs run out > ????? > profit.
^ for some reason a lot of people seem to forget or simply not know that Ferocious debuffs m.def for the next attack; alternating between it and either of your magic AoEs (one will always be/come off cooldown right when Ferocious does) greatly increases your damage output.

TheRealTangerine
December 8th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Dancer is the best AoE class imo.
I like to go 2 Agi 1 Wis even if picking up the Fan Dancing skills (as Wis increases heals you cast, fang fandango, mp regen and both matk and patk...) so it outweighs the attack value Pow/Str gives....in my opinion >.<

On Gametribe I never really used concentrated fury on my Dancer...as I don't really know how it works...isn't it like a % increase of ATK power boost...but -your whole accuracy?

How would you offset the accuracy loss...and, would you use a max level concentrate fury...or a lvl 1 concentrated fury? (I assume the accuracy loss gets worse and worse the higher level the skill is)

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 11:48 AM
i translated a guide about this years ago but, for the c.fury stack, you want:

10 on wrist, 10 on wrist onyxes, 20 from acc pill, 35 from SOC+Hymn for 75/88. For more, you can invest in an interval for an additional 10, and little eyes egg from Arena for an additional 20.

TheRealTangerine
December 8th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Ooooh :) Thanks alot!

LilKizuna
December 8th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I'll stick with Wizard/Fencer kiting.

~Lil_Kizuna

OmgZombieCharm
December 8th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Best AoE job? Fandancer.

Even in parties I generally tanked more often than the tank, purely because it was impossible to keep aggro off me for more than 5 seconds. Eventually froze dancer at level 48 so I could solo aoe foggy and still level a pet while I farmed. :D

Only downside is it eats MP at a crazy pace. Dancer's own MP regen skill is not enough to sustain (coupled with the fact that you don't actually get it until 25, at which point Doctor's Inner Magic-sub unlocked at 23-is already better) so I would really recommend subbing Inner and Control Breathing.

Trade secrets:

20 dex for a little bit of m.acc (though most will be gained from fan anyhow) can go 28 if you feel like you miss a lot
103 agi for cooldown reduction and nigh invincibility (dat evasion..)
rest pow (for that little bit of extra umph) OR wis (for a little more mana sustain) depending on preference

Ferocious Fandango, Fancy FF, Fatiguing Fan, Fleecing Fan, Flaming Foxtrot and River Rhumba all maxed
You should have points to spare that you can do with as you please. For additional survivability, consider working towards Beastial Boogie.

While slapping mobs, for best effect, order skills thusly: Fatiguing > Fleecing > Fancy > [ Ferocious > Flaming > Ferocious > River ]> repeat until Fatiguing and Fleecing buffs run out > ????? > profit.
^ for some reason a lot of people seem to forget or simply not know that Ferocious debuffs m.def for the next attack; alternating between it and either of your magic AoEs (one will always be/come off cooldown right when Ferocious does) greatly increases your damage output.

Jesus christ! Im voteing you fore next GS generation!

Carecrow
December 8th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Dancer is the best AoE class imo.
I like to go 2 Agi 1 Wis even if picking up the Fan Dancing skills (as Wis increases heals you cast, fang fandango, mp regen and both matk and patk...) so it outweighs the attack value Pow/Str gives....in my opinion >.<

On Gametribe I never really used concentrated fury on my Dancer...as I don't really know how it works...isn't it like a % increase of ATK power boost...but -your whole accuracy?

How would you offset the accuracy loss...and, would you use a max level concentrate fury...or a lvl 1 concentrated fury? (I assume the accuracy loss gets worse and worse the higher level the skill is)

It probably wouldn't be worth subbing c.fury on dancer, especially if you're not 70+

DOMOAKFrost
December 8th, 2014, 08:06 PM
It probably wouldn't be worth subbing c.fury on dancer, especially if you're not 70+

considering c.fury requires a muse, it really wouldn't make sense to dps with dancer instead of merchant.

TheRealTangerine
December 9th, 2014, 04:31 AM
considering c.fury requires a muse, it really wouldn't make sense to dps with dancer instead of merchant.

One of my best friends is going to be party muse for the 3rd time >.< so I will have one all the time \o/

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 04:59 AM
One of my best friends is going to be party muse for the 3rd time >.< so I will have one all the time \o/

You won't have the full c.fury stack until close to 70.

In any case money rain (15 mp, 15 sec CD) pwns every other aoe job by itself if you have c.fury, so dancer doesn't make too much sense anyway.

Lokina
December 9th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I go with Wizard, with Shaman sub and frog skills for best solo aoe.

However, I could be wrong.

LoIcatKumi
December 9th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I had said Merchant also

Fencer's aoe were too costly in MP as I remember

And wizard/shaman waaaaayy tooo looong.

Never tried Dancer's AoE

Matchamatsu
December 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I prefer to use fencer and wizard aoes in leveling partys just because I find the dmg is best on the type of mobs we level on. I never bothered leveling the shaman elemental aoes because I've been told they're poor in comparison. I haven't spent too much time on dancer but I know it becomes more useful at high levels for farming and raids. Merchant aoe costs money so I never used them.
It just depends on what you're going to use your aoes for, there is no "best" aoe".

My favourite aoe class though I'd have to say overall is fencer. I enjoy physical attack jobs and fencer subs well on them...also doesn't require scrolls or money (cause I'm cheap like that) Wizard is my second favourite aoe class (pretty badass aoes)

Mitzruti
December 9th, 2014, 09:39 PM
about how much damage does cfury money rain do? they only info for that i can find is that it has 100% amplification - which would lose dpswise to the other classes that have aoes with amplification, so i guess it must be a rather high base damage? do you really need cfury to hit the phys skill damage cap?

DOMOAKFrost
December 9th, 2014, 10:00 PM
about how much damage does cfury money rain do? they only info for that i can find is that it has 100% amplification - which would lose dpswise to the other classes that have aoes with amplification, so i guess it must be a rather high base damage? do you really need cfury to hit the phys skill damage cap?

only a few aoes have amplification, none of which has above 100%.

In any case, under c fury you're looking at easily 11-12k before multipliers, at 15 sec cd for 15 mp.

Nothing else comes close to its efficiency.

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 12:33 AM

Other classes could probably output more damage overall, just cause they don't have to wait 15 seconds per aoe.

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 12:41 AM
only a few aoes have amplification, none of which has above 100%.

Thought Double-Edged Sword was higher?

DOMOAKFrost
December 10th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Other classes could probably output more damage overall, just cause they don't have to wait 15 seconds per aoe.

under c.fury? Sure as hell not dancer. Fan Fandango might have an 8-sec CD, but it's half of money rain's base damage, with no amplification.

Fancy Fan Fandango is once every 50 seconds and Sandstorm 40. Dancer has no other physical AoE.

DOMOAKFrost
December 10th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Thought Double-Edged Sword was higher?

double edged and some staff aoe that I forgot about, but eh, they have long as hell CDs.

LadyOkamia
December 10th, 2014, 12:56 AM
The only raid that requires AoEs is widow, which is a situation where c.fury aoes work best. Found dancer to be the next best thing though. Would recommend agility/power build (primarily fan dancing tree) and fencer/BM or fencer/doc subs.

Hmm... Maybe Docter sub for the mana regen skill it has? It has been a long time since I played and I don't remember things very well. And would you say 2 agi and 1 power or 2 power 1 agi?

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Hmm... Maybe Docter sub for the mana regen skill it has? It has been a long time since I played and I don't remember things very well. And would you say 2 agi and 1 power or 2 power 1 agi?

2 agi/1 power or a slight variation

LadyOkamia
December 10th, 2014, 01:38 AM
2 agi/1 power or a slight variation

Ah okay thank you =)

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 02:34 AM
double edged and some staff aoe that I forgot about, but eh, they have long as hell CDs.

Still good for "oh ****" situations. 1000%+?

DOMOAKFrost
December 10th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Still good for "oh ****" situations. 1000%+?

well, assuming you can push attack to 4k, that's a cool 40k damage, but the CD is still ridiculous at two and a half minutes (reduced to slightly under 2 with 103 agi).

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 02:52 AM
well, assuming you can push attack to 4k, that's a cool 40k damage, but the CD is still ridiculous at two and a half minutes (reduced to slightly under 2 with 103 agi).

Then don't get yourself into an "oh ****" situation more than once every 2 minutes.

DOMOAKFrost
December 10th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Then don't get yourself into an "oh ****" situation more than once every 2 minutes.

well, since we're only considering single jobs and that's all BM has...

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 02:54 AM
well, since we're only considering single jobs and that's all BM has...

Money Rain is all merchant has? This is for burst damage.

DOMOAKFrost
December 10th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Money Rain is all merchant has? This is for burst damage.

assuming you spam money rain on CD, it'd still beat all of dancer's physical aoes with ~4-5k attack.

Can't say the same for double edge though.

Carecrow
December 10th, 2014, 03:00 AM
assuming you spam money rain on CD, it'd still beat all of dancer's physical aoes with ~4-5k attack.

Can't say the same for double edge though.

Double-edged will clear more of a widow mob wave than money rain, and the waves are staggered.

DOMOAKFrost
December 10th, 2014, 03:04 AM
Double-edged will clear more of a widow mob wave than money rain, and the waves are staggered.

Yeah, not gonna disagree with that.

Kitababie
December 10th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Maybe I'm biased because I love it, but I think Dancer is best for AoEs. Especially while soloing. It also doesn't require scrolls like Wizard does, so it's very easy to use as a beginning class.

Nethys
December 12th, 2014, 02:54 AM
As with most things, I'd recommend you play how you like. Personally I'd stay away from Shaman aoes, they're not the best, but you're not really going to have a bad time with wizard, fencer, or dancer.

Reqo
December 18th, 2014, 02:59 AM
thief with pow build and fencer aoes :D

TohomaRouma
December 18th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Answer depends on your playing style and how early in the game you are. I'd say wizard if you can afford to ball out on some scrolls. Shaman is good though you'll have to wait till you get some AoEs.

HakiYuna
December 18th, 2014, 09:19 AM
full pow mercenary/bm with fencer subbed :P

Carecrow
December 18th, 2014, 12:53 PM
full pow mercenary/bm with fencer subbed :P

I don't know what's happening any more

Kitababie
December 18th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Psh. Best AoE job is BM with commoner and hunter subbed, duh.
-Just kidding-
I actually hated shammy. :c I used full wiz subs on mine and left shammy at 60 xD